[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will sun and moon finally. . . FINALLY have a skippable tutorial?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

File: Tutorial skip.png (1MB, 960x1086px) Image search: [Google]
Tutorial skip.png
1MB, 960x1086px
Will sun and moon finally. . .

FINALLY have a skippable tutorial?

There is literally no defense as to why there cant be a simple Yes/No option to skip pokemon catching/town shit.

Fucking Digimon can do this.
>>
The only real tutorial I can think of is for catching Pokemon, which takes like two minutes at the most.

Pokémon's tutorial is tame compared to a lot of other RPGs.
>>
>>28788802
No, also gf can make tutorials pretty subtle, like the zigzagoon battle in RSE, so it's not really that bad
>>
>>28788982
There's also the tutorial for pokemon centers. And whatever new shit they add, like Dream World or Megas.
>>
>>28788802
>He dont want to have a date with Tokomon
>>
>>28788802
The game is made so little kids can easily get into it, OP.

>Kids can learn how to play by themselves!

I'm sure some do, but many don't. The other day I introduced my 10 year old niece to Fire Red and it took her almost an hour to figure out she had to deliver Oak's parcel to Oak.

Kids tend to be stupid and to skip through messages and that usually ends up in them becoming frustrated and dropping the game.
>>
>>28789100
>Pokémon Center and Megas had tutorials

For Centers it depends in the game, but I don't remember if there were tutorials for either in XY or ORAS.
>>
>>28789131
Just make "yes" the default option. Kids will pick yes just by button mashing, anyone which is actually reading will pick no.
>>
File: X.gif (471KB, 300x192px) Image search: [Google]
X.gif
471KB, 300x192px
>>28789100
>that dream world tutorial
b/w has the slowest fucking start of any game I've ever played. For the first three towns you're stopped every 5 minutes. I swear to fucking god, I was screaming at my ds.
>>
>>28789144
Tierno tells you how to use the pokemon center and mart in XY and makes you watch him dance. Even with button mashing A it takes about 4 minutes.
>>
>>28789144
XY had the Mega Lucario. ORAS might have had it but I honestly don't remember.
>>
>>28789144
There's a pokemon center tutorial in XY. To make it worse, it is Tierno that teaches you about it.

I don't remember if there is one in ORAS either. I think there isn't.
>>
>>28789144
XY was full of them. Especially up through Route 7. After that things got less hand-holdy at least
>>28789170
The worst thing is when the game pretends to give you a Yes/No options but explains it either way
>>
>>28789124
Even after the latest episode of tri?
My fucking childhood has been destroyed.
>>
>>28789204
>>28789231
>>28789242
Again, it depends on the game, and even then it's not that annoying.
Sun and Moon might have them or not. At the very least Gamefreak has learned to make them less annoying. Just compare tutorial catch battles in RSE to XY and you can really see how much they've sped it up.
>>28789205
Yeah but Mega Lucario was mostly a battle you could do at your own pace if you wanted to.
>>
>>28789242
>Do you know how to use your pokeGear!?
>I'm going to tell you anyway you fucking retard
>>
>>28788802
its because the new digimon games are great while pokemon gets more boring and easy each gen
>>
>>28789205

ORAS had one with Lati I think.

And the worst part is when they do give you an option saying no still gives you the explanation on how it works.

This shit used to optional. The game trusted kids could figure it out on their own.
>>
>>28788802
If X and Y had skippable tutorials then there would be no game.
>>
>>28789242
>Do you know how to use the phone, right?
>Yes!
>Oh, so you know you have to open the pokegear and select the phone! The trainer's numbers get added there.

I don't remember the exact dialog but that always pisses me off when I play a Johto game.
>>
File: 1461697741814.gif (932KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
1461697741814.gif
932KB, 400x265px
>>28789188
>HEY KIDDO WANNA LEARN ABOUT DREAM WORLD
>no
>WELL I'M GONNA TELL YOU ANYWAYS CUZ I'M SO EXCITED
>>
>>28789283
>Digimon
>Good
Only the original Anime was good, everything else is a goddamn mess.
>>
>>28789204
Every time Tierno showed up I was yelling something like "NOT THIS FAT FUCK AGAIN" at my 3DS

Fun times
>>
what game is this?
>>
>>28789262

He wouldn't save himself and watch his friends die. He held off and fought the infection because he knew everyone was relying on him.

Why is Tentomon such a fucking bro?

Fuck I'm crying again.
>>
>>28789282
>>28789302
Just waiting for SM to go full
>Do you know how to walk forward? [Yes/No]
>[YES]
>Wow, you're pretty smart then! So anyway, you can walk forward by using the circle pad....
>>
>>28789188
At least it's only 3 towns. XY it's the whole fucking game.

I feel like your friends stop you every singe route, too. No adventure in that game.
>>
>>28789312
You take that shit back you know Tamers and Tri are fucking amazing
>>
>>28789361

BW was nearly every route too. It's not as out right bad after the first three towns.

It's only after the E4 that Unova lets you explore.
>>
File: 1473750088475.gif (4KB, 360x140px) Image search: [Google]
1473750088475.gif
4KB, 360x140px
>>28789367
>The series needs gimmick shit to survive because of how stale it is
>>
>>28789367
Second this. Tri is pretty solid imo
>>
>>28789367

Tri's last movie certainly picked things up but it's not out right amazing. I have faith in the next three films though. This one smoothed a lot of issues out.

Also Digimon World is a great fucking game.
>>
>>28789312
Rewatch, the original anime and its sequel were trash, they just happened to be better than pokemon.
Tamers and Tri were the only genuinely good ones
>>
>>28788802
have you ever played this game called...

...pokemon gold/silver/crystal...

...where the tutorial was one guy walking outside the first city but you never had to talk with him and if you didn't he would never teach you to catch pokemon????
>>
>>28789302
XY Mom did the same with the Town Map
>Do you know how it works?
>Yes
>Oh good, then you know all you have to do is open the items menu and select the town map
>>
>>28789188
As someone who played Black over and restarted enough ties during the victini event to get a box full of Victinis, I CAN 100% AGREE/
>>
>>28789361
Maybe it would feel like an adventure if your friends were interesting, but they're just boring as fuck and I never felt anything for them other than a desire to end their existence at all times.
>>
>>28789480

why are you...

...typing like this...

...are you mentally retarded...?????
>>
>>28789367
People only shit on Tri because of the rampant QUALITY, but the story is quite cool.
HerculeKabuterimon part had me in tears, fuck.
>>
>>28789131
They're stupid BECAUSE of all the handholding nowadays. When I was eight I figured out the deal with Oak's parcel, and I didn't even know English.
>>
>>28789567
>tfw beat green entirely in japanese without knowing a single word

I still managed to grow up a pretty stupid person though, look at me wasting my life on 4chan
>>
>>28789567

I just figured it out exploring on my own. Had no idea what a parcel was at 8 years old but I knew who Oak was and I went and talked to him.

Kids are stupider now because everyone wants to baby them and not let them figure shit out or learn.
>>
Slightly off topic, but what modern Digimon games are worth playing?
I enjoyed DW1 and 3.
>>
>>28789662
Cyber Sleuth for Vita/PS4
>>
>>28789392
So you mean like how Pokemon introduced Megas and Alola forms?
>>
>>28789662
Re-Digitize, Cyber Sleuth and next 0rder.
>>
>>28789662

I liked Digimon World 2 as a kid a lot. I know not everyone is on the same boat with it though.
>>
>>28789523
Dude that part had me fucking bawling, it was a fantastic scene that completely took me by surprise.
>>
>>28789131
That's bullshit, because most of us ITT were little kids when RBY or at least GSC were released. We didn't need forced tutorials back then. Kids are only getting dumber because games are all about hand-holding now when they don't have to be.
>>
>>28789662
Play World Reditize for PSP, is like the first Digimon World in every aspect but updated (the 3DS version is Jap only), next year were gettin World next order for PS4 than is the same thing
>>28789685
Im going to buy that tomorrow, i just need a digimon game now
>>
>>28789792
I loved Cyber Sleuth, reminded me of my personal favorite, Dusk/Dawn. Fantastic game, at least in my opinion. Not the best, but I'm sure as hell glad it released outside of Japan.
>>
>>28789769

I was sure Patamon would sacrafice himself for everyone like in the original series. To see them all die in a huddle together. Even if they technically came back man it fucking got me hard.

And that fucking ending. February is too far away.
>>
>>28789847
Fucking same dude. February can't come quickly enough.
>>
>>28789827
Yeah i liked Dawn/Dusk too, sad thing than Lost evolution never comes to the western (and the fan translation is taking forever)
Is good than they realese some games outside of japan again
>>
>>28789567
By the same merit, just listen to how many horror stories there are of people couldn't figure out how to leave their room.

Plus, ask anyone who played during gen 1/2, but hasn't kept up with the series, what the Special stat does. Nobody will be able to tell you.
>>
>>28789312
>he hasn't played Appmon Cyber Arena

It's only a free "small" part of the main game coming out in december, but I've already got about nearly 50 hours put into it. Game is addicting as hell.

Can only imagine how much time I'll be putting into the full game
>>
>>28789976
To add to this, not the person you were replying to, and I love pokemon in its entirety.

Just, this new appmon game is amazing.
>>
ITT: Why is Digimon better
>>
>>28789924

I have never once heard about anyone struggling to leave the room in gen I. Ever.
>>
>>28790007
At least pokemon doesn't recycle 90% of it's starting monsters EVERY SINGLE GAME
>>
>>28789367
And savers is pretty great too, people hardly mention it sadly
>>
>>28790472

Masaru's part in Young Hunters where he just starts punching the shit out of everything was the best.
>>
>>28788802
>literally complaining about what takes up like 5 minutes in a game you can spend over 1k hours in

lmao
>>
>>28790348
What? I'm gonna need some citation for that, the games I've played were pretty damn varied.
>>
Nice, another Digimon thread. They are always the comfiest.
>>
I dont know much about the digimon series but is it a game franchise or manga or what?
>>
>>28791661
Yes.
>>
>>28791661
Anime franchise, game franchise, and maybe also a manga franchise? I know it used to have manga, not sure if it still does. I thoroughly enjoyed the anime and most of the games, never read the manga though.
>>
File: ShineGreymon.jpg (164KB, 389x500px) Image search: [Google]
ShineGreymon.jpg
164KB, 389x500px
>>28791691
Ah I meant like what started it out of either of those. I have really only seen it from afar but it does have a unique clusterfuck way of designing its creatures. Pic related is the one I like the most.
>>
>>28791691
It has multiple manga

None running right now though
>>
>>28791758
It started as a series of Tamogochi-esque virtual pets that could evolve and fight each other, which is why the evolution lines seem so random (depending on how you took care of your Digimon, it would change into one of various things when it got old enough).

They still make the things in Japan, but they don't come stateside anymore. There's not really a "core canon" anymore.
>>
>>28788802
yeah, we already copied digimon's concept of evolution in megas, so why can't we copy this?
>>
File: Digimon.jpg (213KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon.jpg
213KB, 1600x1200px
>>28791758
It's a literal toy commercial.
>>
>>28789662
Cyber Sleuth and Re:Digitize in English

Re:Digitize Decode over the original RD if you can read Japanese, the new Appmon game is great too
>>
>>28791863
They don't really make them anymore other than some anniversary reprints of old Digivices.

Appmon doesn't have a proper V-Pet sadly, just a Yo-kai Watch esque noisemaker.
>>
>>28789262
>>28789335

>forgot it came out this month
>usual sites fucking up

fuck me, I need a second option
>>
File: 1452963582062.gif (410KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
1452963582062.gif
410KB, 221x196px
>>28789188

>Nuzlocking Blaze Black
>>
>>28789131
Pics of her or she doesn't exists
>>
>>28795005
Fuck off creep.
>>
>>28789776
>tfw you realise kids are becoming dumber because of games becoming easier
>>
>>28789924
Dude, when I played Driver on my ps1, I think I was 8 or something, I took some days to just pass the tutorial because I didn't know english, and I had no ideia of what to do. Eventually, I did what was being asked to do, after almost one week playing that shit. And I beat the game.
>>
>>28789776
Most people I knew back in the day only finished the games because they bought the guidebooks which held your hand or had friends help them along, and even then they didn't understand the central mechanics fully.
>>
>>28788802
Fuck that, I want the actual trainer running in front of the Pokémon, and block the Poké Ball you throw at them, looking pissed at you, saying "Don't steal my Pokémon!"
>>
>>28789827
I'm playing moon for the first time, it's my first ever digimon game, and I'm having a blast. It's a little unfair that Login Mountain has all the worthwhile digimon though.

Is it possible to max out a in-training level digimon's stats? I want a Gigimon to be my pal forever.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.