[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Your current job and/or program of study now determines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: StoryTimeEspeon.png (566KB, 800x1111px) Image search: [Google]
StoryTimeEspeon.png
566KB, 800x1111px
ITT: Your current job and/or program of study now determines what type of pokemon you can obtain in the pokemon world.

What type is it? Why does that type best suit what you're doing?

Hard mode: Make a full team and explain how each pokemon would help you out or why it's relevant to your career/study.

If you're not currently working or in school base this question off of your hobbies and interests (or combine it with the above question).

Got this idea from a thread a few days ago. Thought it might be fun to do again.
>>
>>28784799
Forgot to add an easy mode.

Easy mode: You can choose multiple types as long as it relates somehow to your job, studies, hobbies and interests. However, you have to explain why those types (and pokemon) relate to the above mentioned areas.

If you're having trouble thinking of a type(s), I'm sure some anons here would love to help you out.
>>
>Job

Working at a grocery store.

>Pokemon

Ghost type because I'm dead inside.

Or flying type because birds are constantly getting into the store.
>>
>>28784799
A bunch of shitmons because I'm taking GAS like the indecisive faggot I am.
>>
>>28784799
>Accounting
>Meowth will be my partner
I'm fine with that, especially because I liked Gen I Persian.
>>
>>28784799
Garbodor because the restaurant I work at is garbage
>>
I'm going to School to be a game developer or graphic designer.

I also work by setting up concerts and tradeshows.

What Pokemon am I
>>
>>28784799
I study biology with focus on botany. So I guess any Grass type will do. Reuniclus and/or Flabebe could be also quite useful and nice.
>>
paranormalfag NEET
Psychic

A bunch of Psychic and Ghost types. Maybe Gothitelle because my crazy tulpa likes to wear gothic clothing.
>>
>>28784799
>Art School
Guess i'm stuck with Smeargle?
>>
>>28785155
The pokemon type for you would probably be electric or normal (porygon, smeargle, even exploud for the concert stuff). Maybe steel if you do heavy lifting to set up the concerts/shows.
>>
File: leavanny.jpg (24KB, 158x320px) Image search: [Google]
leavanny.jpg
24KB, 158x320px
im a tailor / studying textile engineering.

cant really stick to a type, but i guess id have a partner leavanny to hang out and work with.
>>
>>28784799
Computer Engineering. I guess Steel, Electric, or Normal would be best but I'm not sure.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 213x185px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 213x185px
Im a chemist and a stoner. Poison types for me then
>>
>>28784799
>hobbies and interests
showdown so koffing
mtg so, errr.... luxray cause it looks like something from ygh? no slowbro, because pokemaniacs use those.
princess maker, mawile who is a daughteru
seinarukana, wailmer because seinarukana's mascot is a winged whale
touhou so gardevoir, the most girl-like pokemon in appearance- no wait, i meant Gothitelle.
anime, so, swadloon. this choice explains itself.

op, i have a suggestion for nightmare mod- try to make your team competetive (in the lowest tier they are allowed; make them actual ou is insane mode)
>>
>>28784964
OP here. I'll answer my own question.

Going back to school to finish up my library technician diploma. I'll basically be working with books and literature materials all day long. After that I want to get a degree in Cultural Anthropology. Probably won't do anything with it though, it's just something that really interests me.

Hobbies are reading, tea and learning about different cultures and subcultures.

Basically I think the only types that really fit me are the fairy and psychic types. Fairy types because of the obvious relation to folklore and the fantasy genre. That has the culture and book thing down. And Psychic types because of their relation to religion, meditation and spirtuality. So that has the cultural anthropology bit.

I also feel like both types wouldn't mind the library setting. It's mostly quiet and there's lots of books to keep them entertained.
>>
>student in a shitty field I hate, spend all my free time on the computer
Probably Porygon? Because of the IT aspect and because it got fucked over by life
>>
>>28785850
I'll go hard mode and pick one type and make a team from it.

Type: Psychic
Slowking - Loves to do research, so it would probably love to be surrounded by books all day.
Alakazam - Probably would like to read or use the library computers all day long
Sigilyph - Library security guard, also based on the Nazca lines and kachina dolls.
Oranguru - Probably loves learning about new things. Could see it working the reference desk.
Medicham - Loves to meditate, would like the quietness of the library.
Delphox - Wizard pokemon works well with the fantasy book genre.

I might do an easy mode team with Fairy/Psychic/Normal types later as well.
>>
I work in a psych ward for bipolar teens, what pokemon would I use hahaha
>>
job: milieu therapist
type: normal (/fairy)

>wigglytuff/chansey
Would help take vitals and give meds and stuff
>Teddiursa
Therapy-mon, like a therapy pet except pokemon. Kids could cuddle with Teddiursa when meeting with me or doctor
>Eevee
Therapy-mon
>Azurill
Therapy-mon
>Zangoose
>Vigoroth
Would lend kids Zangoose or Vigoroth and teach them about pokemon battling during gym time or something
>>
Charjabug.

I work at a battery company. I would resent my charjabug and dream of something less fucking useless.
>>
>>28787154
What do you do at the battery company?
>>
>>28786735
Easy mode team
Job: Library technician
Types: Normal/Fairy/Psychic
Team: Slowking - Partnermon. Basically does everything I do.
Sigilyph - Library security
Klefki - Holds the keys to the rare and reference collection
Morelull - Literal walking book and night light. Would probably stay up late with me and help me be able to read in the dark
Bewear - Could reach the very top of the shelves and help assist in library events like story-time with kids, arts + crafts, cute stuff like that
Cinccinno - Helps organize the books and clean up. Does the little things like finding books in he wrong section and shelves them properly. Could also help with the library events.
>>
I am a lawyer, so psychic types?
>>
>>28787582
Depending on the type of law you could get away with using dark types.
>>
>>28784799
>Job:
Physical Medical therapist

>Pokemon:
Normal/Fighting
My Job is equal parts delicate application of brute force as well as Medical supervision, counceling and being the general open ear for people's problems.

>Hardmode:

>Audino:
Assisting in Diagnosis and calming patients as well as Massaging and Physiotherapy.

>Machamp:
Physical support in Physiotherapy and stronger Massage applications. Physical restriction applicator.

>Mienshao:
Massage and accupressure therapy.

>Meowstic:
Psychological counsel assistant and hypnosis therapy applicator.
Clinic Cat.

>Lucario:
Ostheopathic assistant, Diagnostic assistant.
Clinic dog.

>Wigglytuff:
Patient support and assistant. Relaxation support. Calming patients.
>>
Going to school for Aerospace E so probably M-Salamance or an other plane like pokemon.
>>
File: 1474457743902.png (361KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1474457743902.png
361KB, 750x750px
>>28787732
What would be a good team for an anesthesiologist?
>>
>>28788438
Probably psychic mons that specialize in hypnosis. Musharna, Hypno, etc.

>>28787868
Basically anything part flying would work great.
>>
>>28784799
>Business Analyst
I mean I guess it's part of IT so steel/electric/porygon makes sense?
There aren't really any Pokémon relevant to managing spreadsheets are there?
>>
>>28784799
I'm a geologist. So I guess there's actually plenty in the Pokemon world for me to do. I'd like to think that, if I lived in such a world, I'd be an analyst for a type-gem mine.
>>
Iam graduated in biology. At the moment doing phd at microbiology applied to industry. So i guess that amoonguss and breloom would help me out (they are fungi to me). Next I would need an electric poke to power my industry. Zapdos, since gen 1. Next I would need lot of water. Jellicent should resolve (kyogre is too much legendary and wailord is too big, need the water spout).
>>
I'm in online advertising.

So I guess electric or steel types?

Magneton and Rotom are the first two that come to mind that might be helpful.
Anyone have any good suggestions? I wouldn't mind making this into an actual team!
>>
>>28784799
>Job
Apprentice contractor

At the current stage, I'd probably only need Magnamite (either the help test circuits completed or power a tool), Machoke, and Excadril to help me with odds and ends, and mostly machoke to help me carry heavy shit.
>>
Philosophy

Ice, because both are useless :,)
>>
>>28788438
Psychic types, and pretty much any mon you deem able to sense any change in your patients vitals faster than the machines.
>>
>Job
>Musical Journalist

All I can think of is Chatot desu, but a shouldermon birb would be really nice to have
>>
>>28789111
>Alakazam
>Musharna
>Gardevoir
>Espeon
>Gothielle
>Meowstic
>>
>>28789159
Normal Types in general, like Wigglytuff, Exploud, Lopunny, Chatot, Audino and Heliolisk.

All picked on grade of hearing, sound based moves and Heliolisk just because.
>>
Intending to work in mechanics... Any ideas on what pokémon would I be?
>>
>>28789364
Well your type would be steel. Probably something like a klinklang.
>>
>>28789078
You're most likely a psychic type, but I enjoyed the joke.
>>
>>28788781
You should have a solosis in there as well.
>>
>>28789250
Thinking about going into surgery with my Poké-bros/waifus helping just hypes me the fuck up
why couldn't Pokémon be real ;_;
>>
>>28786877
Absol
Zoroark
Darkrai
Banette
Weavile
The new wolf evo
>>
File: cardddd.png (20KB, 245x158px) Image search: [Google]
cardddd.png
20KB, 245x158px
It was impossible to limit myself to one type.

Darmanitan
>I host trivia nights at a local bar one night a week, I'd bring Darmanitan with me to keep the crowd fired up - literally. It'd be a lot of fun to share the stage with.

Duskull
>Currently studying media (grad student), in particular the horror genre in both theory and practice. Duskull would make a fun spooky companion. I can picture him hovering around the room while I do work or research. It'd float up to high library shelves and grab and carry books for me.

Kricketot
>A cute little guy who's small enough to be easy to keep out of the way. I have an office job I could bring him to, and he'd just hang out on my desk.

Patrat
>I'm also an employee of my college as a campus tour guide for prospective students, and it involves a lot of backwards walking. I can picture Patrat on my shoulder as a give the tour, keeping an eye out behind me for any obstacles or steps.

Parasect
>Parasect's my favorite pokemon. I'm allowed to have at least one just for that reason, ain't I? Besides, I can imagine its mushroom being big enough to ride on. It'd be relaxing to bumble along on top of a Parasect, maybe read stuff as it ambles gently along.

Delcatty
>It's a cute kitty, and I can pet it.
>>
>>28789159
>>28789159
I'm going for voice actig /music teacher. Chatot would be a perfect fit. Also Exploud could be good, along with meloetta, and tympole for music journalist
>>
There is no pokemon for writing and...I dun like Smeargle.
>>
I'm a lawyer. I don't think there's a Pokémon very well suited for that.
>>
In genetics rn tryna get into med but if not genetic therapy or stem cell research so science stuff

>joltik: able to reach test tubes and stuff that I'll drop

>Alakazam: super smart and can telekinesis stuff to me. Can probably centrifuge. Spoons can mix. Mega has like seven spoons that's seven solutions. Psycho cut scalpel too.

>Audino: healer. Medical pokemon and such

>Reuniclus: nucleus pokemon.

>Arcanine: travel, bodyguard, able to cauterize wounds possibly. Lifelong companion

>Altaria/togekiss: songs can heal people (I think), but flying type to take me places.
>>
I'm a loser with no higher education working at a Football Stadium doing labor and custodial work
so Fighting?
>>
>>28792437
I assume Psychic would be pretty useful. Or maybe you could just go with normal type. Maybe dark depending on the type of lawyer you are.
>>
>running shoe company
Bug type. They're outdoorsy, a lot of them go fast or have Speed Boost for getting faster over time, and some have U-Turn or Baton Pass for relay races.
Team: Ninjask, Scolipede, Yanmega, Accelgor, Mega Scizor, Durant
>>
I'm studying law and enjoy drinking/drugs/clubs/games/reading and work at a pub.
Probably mainly dark/psychic/poison types, maybe electric types too.
>>
>>28793530

I'm pretty sure it would be a violation of my ethical obligations to use Psychic, if you're suggesting mind-reading or something like that.

My job is mostly writing, research, meeting with people, and occasional public speaking. Maybe I'm not thinking creatively enough, but I'm not sure how any Pokémon would be helpful for that short of mind control or whatever, which I have to assume would get me disbarred.
>>
>>28794346
I originally thought of the obvious mind-reading, lie detector thing, but I think they could still be useful. Alakazam probably has a wonderful memory so it could remember every single law and case for you. Other psychic pokemon could help you look at different angles of the case because they'd be doing their own research in the background.

Or you could go with the normal pokemon and just pick up a cutemon. Also, instead of going with a type that matches your career, you can go the hobby/interest route which would probably be easier.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 564x433px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 564x433px
I'm studying English so I can work with kids and I'm currently work with kids at an after school program as a part time jobs
>type: normal. Because what's more normal/basic than English and I always thought of normal Pokemon as being friendly
>"Drampa are especially gentle with children and often appear at schools and parks where children gather."
>munchlax for practically being a kid already that can be played with
>audino to kiss booboos and make them all better
>stoutland because who doesn't love giant dogs
>bewear if we could keep its hug/kill count down
>kangaskhan=best mom
>>
>>28794640
This was really nice to read, anon.

It all sounds so adorable.
>>
Doing a PhD clinical psych, but I worked as a personal trainer for a bit.

Hypno
Uxie/Mespirit/Azelf
Slowbro
Girafarig
Chancey
Machoke
>>
Agriculture related field, soo..going to be working with grass types. Skiddo evolution line to trim down weeds, could also ride it.

I would also have a the Aron family and a pack of dugtrios and diglets, they'd be good at altering the landscape. Would certainly have a talonflame or a Staraptor to keep the critters out of the garden bed, and..

Wouldn't hurt to have a water type to water plants. I would probably be happy to settle with a blastoise, the jets of water could rain down on the plants.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.