[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living Dex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

File: Living Dex.jpg (213KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Living Dex.jpg
213KB, 960x720px
So how is your Living Dex going /vp/? I've had OR for a couple of years and half assed playing it. So I decided to sit down and go for broke whilst trying to do as much of the Living Dex in that game as possible. So far I've got 208/211 in Hoenn (fuck Ryperior, Ducknoir and Huntail). And my Living Dex on the bank is currently 252.

Haven't started national Dex Navving yet and there's still 1 or 2 more legendaries to get in the clouds.
>>
>not having a complete living dex since R/S/E/Fr/Lg
>>
>>28784261
The bank makes it WAAAY better to do.
>>
I hope all the OTs on those mons are yours.
>>
Finished mine during xy including bankable formes and gender differences. Had a full dex in or before the gym, was great.
>>
I've had a completed pokedex since Gen 4, but this will be the gen that I finally bother to get a living dex. I shouldn't need too much more for it, only 100~ or so not counting new pokemon.
>>
>>28784276
Yep. I even bred a few of the ones I had to trade for to get my own. I might have to trade for Kyorge though, I have games from every gen but not one features him.
>>
>>28784241

Barring legendaries and item trade evos I'm finished up to gen V.

V and VI are both fully set up and I'm currently just evolving them all.

I have most of my trade items and I'm going to do them all at once at the end.
>>
>>28784308
That's why I'm having such bother just closing out my Hoenn dex. I have to fuck around in Battle Resort to get the protector and dark cloth thing.
>>
File: 1465355427735.gif (893KB, 320x240px)
1465355427735.gif
893KB, 320x240px
By the end of this year, i'll have everything through gen 6 with the exception of Diancie. I started in January and finally got the shiny charm in August.
I could post tips if anyone wanted them.
>>
>>28784241
I have a complete dex but not a living one. Am I a bad person?
>>
>>28784241
Catching Groudon in Soul Silver is hell, got any tips on how to catch this fucker?
>>
>>28784516
yes
>>
File: CsLetJu.png (304KB, 505x505px) Image search: [Google]
CsLetJu.png
304KB, 505x505px
I actually started doing it myself two days ago; will probably have to be happy with just completing the pokedex normally since I missed all events for legendaries and stuff.
>>
>>28784261

Having a living dex was pointless pre bank. I just completed the dex normally until Bank hit.
>>
>>28784564
Just keep an eye out for this year's 20th anniversary events. There's going to be a few second chances too.
>>
>>28784241
Already done, I might try for all alternate forms before Sun/Moon come out. I got all of the Unown in ORAS.
>>
>>28784550
Not much other than paralyse and false swipe.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/calculators/gen-vi-catch-rate
This is helpful too.
>>
>>28784580

Yep; I'm hooked up on twitter so I actually get news and stuff; got Victini thanks to that
>>
>>28784606
Do Dusk Balls work in the Fractured Tower, it's dark right so it has got to count?
>>
>>28784676
Sure, do it at night as well, that effects the duskball.
>>
Make use of game sync/global link trade. It took me so long to learn about this. Just play the balloon popping games and you can get evolution items you need. I once got 5 magmarizers I didn't need after using up all my points. Used a friends DS to do tradebacks with and put the magmortars up for trade. Got so many hard to get pokes that day.

You could also get battle points from pokebank and use them to get the trade evolution items that way but Game sync is a good way to get evolution stones if you aren't good at super training like me.
>>
Still missing Diancie and the three not yet released 20th anniversary mythicals.
>>
>>28784261
2bh it was really hard to complete a dex in advanced gen since you generally needed 3 different games and there was no online trading or transfer from past gen functionality.

Gen 3 was the one and only gen that I didn't complete a dex in because I quit pokemon for a few years after Ruby.
>>
What does a living dex mean? I assume Levels don't mean anything.
>>
>>28785093
Owning every pokemon.
>>
>>28784550
All legends made before gen 4 are a pain in the ass. I just use a Smeargle with Dark Void, Twave, False Swipe and Thief as my generic catcher utilitymon.

Bring mostly timer and dusk balls. Use dusk balls until turn 40 then switch to timer. You can try a quick ball or two at the start and hope for a good roll.
>>
So when do people plan on porting this to Gen 7?

At what point can we be comfortable that no glitches or quirks from SM will brick the game, wipe save data, or generally fuck with Pokemon Bank?
>>
>>28784487
Why are there megas in that gif? Can you actually make the sprites look like that in the PC?
>>
>>28785169
No, anon is a cheater.
>>
>>28784241
Started mine a few months ago, and I pretty much just finished today, all I need is the remaining 20th anniversary mons and Volcanion.

I'm about to dump everything into bank and start a new run, maybe do a Nuzlocke.
>>
>>28785169
No, you can't. I just posted because it was relevant to the discussion.
>>
>>28784241
Only missing Volcanion. It'd be nice to get that one soon.
>>
>>28785139
I think it'll be safe, they will back up our banks anyway when it goes live. I'll be porting them as soon as possible into SM to get the shiny charm and start new Pokemon breeding. If also like to be pretty ready for importing my SM living dex to the bank. I'm really hoping the Alolan forms have their own dex number otherwise I guess we'll just have a 'alt type forms' box

Who also has all Vivilion forms and all Unown too?
>>
I started this month in AS, traded a ton of fodder I had in Y. I finished Sinnoh yesterday. Pumped 140 hours already, 60 of those last week alone.
>>
File: 1472118225990.gif (677KB, 255x170px) Image search: [Google]
1472118225990.gif
677KB, 255x170px
>have living dex
>can't get the shiny charm in SM until January
>>
I'm waiting for Volcanion and all GF Mythic pokemon to be released to finish the living dex.

Right now am just restarting AS to capture a Deoxys with a corresponding nature for each form. So yeah, not doing much...

The hardest part was gathering all Vivillons i guess, it was a ok challenge.
>>
>>28785356
Is there a source on this claim?

I don't want to believe it but GF is so incompetent I wouldn't doubt it.
>>
>>28785374
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80bA38AR_xE
>>
>>28784487
Whats the point of doing a living dex full of hacked pokemons?

To me the fun part is the challenge of getting them. Slowly building your collection. Also, you forgot all the pokemon with gender differences...

Like you dont have a male and a female pikachu, nor a male\female hippowdon, or wobbuffet...

Before posting tips you should try to fix your living dex...
>>
>>28785248
Volcanion comes out through gamestop code sometime in October in USA at least.
>>
>>28785497
Its not my living dex. Just a random pic from the internet you fool.
>>
I'm just going for regular old dex completion and I'm getting pretty close to my Hoenn dex completion
Just some spare evos to go through and then I need to get me a Kyogre
After this I'm gonna go through and work on my Kalos dex on Y and then once that's done, trade everything over to OR and fill in the blanks on the other gens somehow
>>
I only started doing it a few weeks ago (I had a problem with my wifi, so I was seriously lacking in any motivation to try), but we've gotten it fixed.

I'm only missing about 80 Pokémon now. I've brought so much stuff up from gen 4/5 that I got most of it done that way. It's actually strangely satisfying to work on it.
>>
>>28784241
I finished my living dex, now my autistic ass is doing a shiny living dex
>>
I am working on it on AS. Has Jirachi already been distributed on the west?
>>
>>28785954
this
How far are you now?
>>
File: Mission completed.jpg (257KB, 1000x475px) Image search: [Google]
Mission completed.jpg
257KB, 1000x475px
>>28784241
All of them bred, given proper movesets, ev trained and trained to 100 level.
NFE Pokemon are in bank, they have random levels.
>>
>>28786112
Just need about 20 kalos and around 30-40 unova.
>>
>>28786135
Jesus. When did you start? I'm just almost halfway there.
>>
>>28785954
>>28786112
Plus, I've had my shiny living dex completed since D/P.
>>
>>28784241
I'm actually doing this right now.

Got pokebank and ORAS a week ago or something and am working on my living dex now.

Figure that and having some solid competitive parents and such and a full set of synchronizers is about the only useful thing I can do right now.

SM will have its own "pentagon" unfortunately so I won't be able to use all of the legendaries I'm soft resetting for right now but oh well.
>>
>>28786150
>>28786165
I started in D/P. Completed it, and I have never been satisfied since then. I stopped playing in B/W because it didn't really pull me in.
>>
>>28786165
Good shit. How long did that take you, besides 1,000+ hours?
>>
>>28786173
>Itt: neet failures with nothing better to do
Go kys lol
>>
>>28786198
Didn't take too long. I was on Serebii for their shiny thread, I want to say at LEAST a month or two. This was when I was a kid and had no job or shit to occupy my time.
>>
>>28786200
what made you think taking the seconds to post that was a good idea
>>
>>28786200
>kys lol
okay
>>
>>28786215
Guess I'll be taking a much longer time then. I'm trying to get every shiny with the pentagon, but I know it won't mean shit when Sun & Moon are released. At least there's Bank.
>>
>>28785420
For those who don't speak Moon, they're promising the Pokemon Bank Update, to combine Virtual Console and S&M into Pokemon Bank capabilities: in January, 2017.
Remember: the games come out November 2016.
And regionals is about three weeks later.
Which means People in regionals won't have PKHex, and are unlikely to have the perfect-IV pokemon from their ORAS teams.
>>
>>28786311
>unlikely to have perfect-IV pokemon
What about hyper-training in S/M?
>>
>>28786266
LOL if you wanna do the Pentagon, that's gonna be a cool minute. I'm just glad I had my shiny dex finished since D/P.

>>28786311
>January 2017
Fug
>>
>>28786337
Requires you level a pokemon to 100, and you'd be *shocked* how much the pokemon competitive scene actually hates *playing* the game.
>>
>>28786311
Which regionals?

I want to get into competitive battling with SM but I don't even know where to go and what to do to have a shot at ending up at the VGC 2017
>>
Yeah got through grinding one out a few summers ago. I've misplaced my AS cart with it though.
>>
>>28786337
Needs you to get a pokemon up to level 100, and find a "supposedly rare" item. There's no telling how many bottle caps are actually in the game, if you can get more, or even what the best movesets are for the Gen 7 pokemon yet... And there is zero indication of Level 100 Blissey secret bases.
>>
>>28786311
>People in regionals won't have PKHex
what makes you think that
>>
>>28786463
It would make zero sense for bottle caps to be finite
>>
>>28786414

Sorry, I meant the VGC Sun and Moon tournament.

https://youtu.be/aTJJFAR8EnM

TL:DW - The pokemon company is putting it's VGC international competition two weeks after S&M's launch, December 1st.

I expect to see a lot of "almost" rans.
>>
>>28786409
>>28786463
Pretty sure it takes a week of hardcore grinding for a team of 6.

But yeah the bottle caps thing might be a problem
>>
>>28784241
>>28784487
>>28786117
>>28786173
>>28785954
>>28786165
>>28786439
What does your psychiatrist think about all this?
>>
>>28786515
Think of video game designer logic man. Remember when they gave you a NPC trade for a Haunter, and it was holding an Everstone? Pokemon company would fuck us as many times as they like.

How would you feel if you could only get one a week? Maybe you only find a bottlecap on this one beach once a week, in a random tile?
>>
>>28786547
B-But you're on /vp/
>>
>>28784241
What's wrong with Huntail?
>>
>>28786595

He is struggling getting the items for those three.
>>
>>28784241
You can catch wild Huntail / gorebyss in B2/W2... in one place, with a super rod, as a rare encounter, in rippling water.
It's like, just left of the desert highway, (cool wind in my hair), there's a section that fronts on a little tiny bit of water. Walk Back & forth until you see ripples, surf out, use the super rod, and if you're 5% lucky you'll catch one.
>>
I recently finished up a second living dex I'm saving for when S/M comes out. Because I'm a weird autist, I really enjoyed gen 6 and played the shit out of it so I figure I'll want to keep a gen 6 living dex around.
>>
>>28786626
I have a million trade evolution items from playing the balloon popping game on the Pokemon Global Link. He should try that.
>>
>>28786800
I enjoyed it too. I just finished all my breeding projects yesterday, I'm finally hanging that bike
>>
I just completed my living dex last month. Got the Darkrai I was missing from an anon giving away codes. Only need Volcanion now. Debating whether or not to start getting all the different forms since Vivilion will be a hassle.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.