[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that GameFreak is confirmed to be Developing for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: Selection_141.png (34KB, 896x234px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_141.png
34KB, 896x234px
In an interview with Pokemon Company executive Tsunekazu Ishihara, he revealed that a title would be developed by GameFreak for the Nintendo NX: http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/20/12986612/pokemon-nintendo-nx
All Pokemon titles for consoles have not been developed by GameFreak - thus, they are solely responsible for main games.

I just played ORAS last night, and I was taken back by the dialogue between Zinnia and her grandmother. Could GameFreak by alluding to something...? I'm not part of the reboot bandwagon, but this is honestly disconcerting

pic related, the dialogue
>>
>>28777103
http://gamingbolt.com/pokemon-director-we-would-never-reboot-pokemon
>>
>>28777148
from the very same article

That said, he also said the idea wasn’t necessarily entirely of the table. “But if I leave Game Freak I can’t speak to the future,” he added.

Masuda is no longer the director, he is retiring soon.
>>
>>28777103

There will never be a reboot.

Reboots are bad ideas for the Pokémon Franchise.
>>
That's just a polite way to say "kill yourself sperglord"
>>
>>28777103
I simply take it as meaning that NX will indeed be a hybrid. If the NX is a hybrid, it'd be the only system for the next generation, since it covers both. the next generation being on it would therefor be obvious.
>>
>>28777148
>>28777196

Thanks for this, haven't seen this yet. They have gotten rid of the gyms for Alola though... (and the league in general, as far as we've seen) which weakens the source a little, but also this was said quite recently, so this might hold true for now
>>
Reboot won't happen.

Either you kill Pikachu with the reboot, or make it so only gen 1 mons(plus new ones) exist.

Too many people would quit if all their gen 2 through 7 favorite mons were removed as well.
>>
>>28777196
I'm sure he won't leave. He didn't direct every pokemon game. Masuda is still the overall watcher of SM. I'm guessing he is making the music for the gen 8 games right now
>>
>>28777196

Satoshi Tajiri Holds complete authority over everything in Pokémon existence.

His games.

His rules.
>>
>>28777103
>implying its not a Pokken port
>implying its not a Genius Sonority game
>>
>>28777196
>>28777196
>>28777196

>he is retiring soon

Is this true, does anyone have a source for this?
>>
>>28777196
Everyone would quit is their was a reboot. Masuda and crew know that every pokemon is someone's favorite
>>
Hoping it's a SM port/3rd version/sequel that multiplats with the 3DS.

NX version with higher res/AA.
>>
>>28777285
Nope.
>>
>>28777103
>>28777277
>implying it's not Drill Dozer 2
>>
>>28777298
This.

Killing off all gens would destroy brand recongition, they NEED Charizard and Pikachu.

And killing off all gens but gen 1 would piss off millions of people who lose their favorites.

You cannot win by removing mons, you just cannot.
>>
>>28777148
Nice clickbait article title
>>
>>28777337
Hell, the backlash from a simple soft reboot was massive. a hard one would be suicide.
>>
>>28777148
Didnt they reboot the game by branching it into 2 different universes? The mega universe and the universe without megas?
>>
>>28777298

Not unless they do it correctly by giving Pokemon a grand send off, giving you a huge region to explore with the other regions being postgame, adding a ton of minigames, having a Pokemon Stadium like facility and a bunch of other things, like a Grande Finale.

After they do that, then they could let the IP (mainseries) rest for 5 years and then do a reboot with 225 all new Pokemon.
>>
>>28777534
If you're talking Gen 5, most people(myself included) consider it the best gen.

although it had shit post game which BW2 fixed.

Also you could always trade over eggs with gen 1-4 pokemon so they get your ID for a playthrough without gen 5 mons.
>>
>>28777575
Universe with no megas is gen 1and 2.

They could do a seperate series, a new universe with less pokemon while keeping the other one post 721 pokemons.
>>
Thing is, Genius Sonority and Game Freak have some bad blood, plus while I never got why they didn't do a "good" or "stadium" 3D pokemon game for 5th game I could understand for 6th Gen and definetly why they wouldn't for 7th Gen.

Thus I'll ask this question, why not Diamond and Pearl Remakes? I know some of you crazy kids will be on the Lockstin/Gnoggin bandwagon saying "but but but the crystal on Cellgarde is white like platinum" like no I do get it but honestly it would make more sense, especially a lot of sense given they need to sell the NX like hot pancakes and encourage double-dipping, that they would do DP remakes instead of just a Pt remake. And that would be bad business sense when it's worked pretty well in the past that with a new console after a new gen for you game has been released to say "oh okay so like we're gonna totally scrap the old games even though Delta Episode on ORAS wasn't too bad." Maybe I'm rambling but still it's literally a waste to not spilt the game in two to encourage double the game sells and in turn more or less more sales for the NX.

PLUS DP was released on the DS nearly ten years ago so it could work well with the 10th anniversary, well for the international release, to release remakes on the NX since it'll be the newest gameboy eitherway. I mean they could try to keep both the WiiU and 3DS afloat but honestly the most soundest option with PS and Xbox steamlining their consoles into like PCConsoles to simply stand out as well as they did with the wiiU- which they can by making the NX a tablet esque hybrid console that isn't just the controller but the whole console. Only issue is they need to start unveiling it and work out all the stupid bugs that keep delaying them or eventually will have NEWNEW3DSes by the time we finally get it and Nintendo is 6 feet under instead of just having a foot in the grave.
>>
>>28777700
Remakes are never the first Pokémon games on a console. A new gen is always first
>>
>>28777719
Same guy here. I'm sure the gen 4 remakes will come after gen 8 though
>>
>>28777103
So there's going to be a spinoff on the NX. What a revelation.
TPCi said they are making games for the NX, TCPi does not make the mainline games however they do make (some) of the spinoffs.
Clickbait article/10
>>
File: affleck.jpg (18KB, 561x327px) Image search: [Google]
affleck.jpg
18KB, 561x327px
Where the fuck did this meme about the series being rebooted after Gen 7 come from?

These last 2 gens have literally just been Gamefreak finding ways to add new shit to the Gen 1 (Mega evolution and Alolan forms).

I wouldn't mind if the Gen 4 remakes are on NX though.
>>
>>28777941
Tpci is Gamefreak. Since it's a handheld it's obviously getting mainline Pokémon games
>>
File: 3000-year-thing-pokemon.png (141KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
3000-year-thing-pokemon.png
141KB, 500x366px
>>28777642

Wrong.
>>
>>28777626
I'm talking gen 3, actually.
B2W2 are my favorite games, and gen 5 is my favorite gen by extension.
But gen 3 was more of a soft boot, because while it had some older pokemon, you couldn't get any pokemon not in the hoenn dex until Colosseum, FR/LG, GoD, and Emerald released.
Meanwhile in gen 5, you could transfer up from DPPTHGSS as soon as you beat the game.
>>
File: 1474393687658.png (532KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
1474393687658.png
532KB, 800x584px
>>28777941
>>28777941
>>28777941

someone didn't read the article, executive mentioned GameFreak specifically
>>
File: XWoX7jR.jpg (170KB, 605x1004px) Image search: [Google]
XWoX7jR.jpg
170KB, 605x1004px
>>28777642

So wrong, dude.
>>
>>28778172
Hmmm
>>
File: 990.jpg (69KB, 605x653px) Image search: [Google]
990.jpg
69KB, 605x653px
>>28777642

Zinnia was referencing Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire.

Mega evolution was unknown in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire.
>>
>>28777298
>>28777337
A reboot doesn't necessarily imply that they would even remove any Pokemon. It could be that they'd change stats, typings, mechanics, or any number of things, while keeping every Pokemon available. They could change the formula, remove evil teams, remove Pokemon centers, they could throw out the battle system and go for something fast paced and exciting.
A reboot isn't always just throwing the character roster into the trash.
>>
>>28778206

It's a reference to Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire.
>>
>>28777333
That'd be nice.
>>
>>28777259
He didn't has any involvement in games since gsc he doesn't care for the franchise anymore to him pokemon should be ended in gs
>>
>>28777719
A gen right after another without much time to build hype ? I don't think so.
>>
>>28777383
This.
No one was ever quoted for saying it will never happen like the clickbait stated.
If you read the article you realize the opposite.
>rebooting has been brought up
>rebooting isnt off the table
Its not "if" it will happen.
But when.
Put a red button in the room. And someones gunna want to push it.
>>
>>28777777
>>
>>28778216
I consider RBYGSC in one timeline

XYORASSM in another

and then all the other handheld games in yet another

and lastly, colosseum and gale of darkness in another one

does that sound right? the proposed DP remakes would be in the mega timeline.
>>
>>28778092
>Tpci is Gamefreak
wrong

>>28778135
>According to a report from British publication MCV, the new Pokémon will come from Game Freak,
This is completely separate to the interview with with the tcpi exec and also false.
>>
>>28778394
>>28778394

Ahh, didn't catch that. I'm uncertain as to the reputability of MCV... but part of my is willing to trust in its legitimacy. Does anyone know if its only come from MCV?
>>
File: l.php.jpg (269KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
l.php.jpg
269KB, 800x445px
Would DPP remakes really happen on the NX? Is it possible that this NX game might come out much later?... although it seems that it would have to come out after Sun and Moon in the timeframe since NX comes out 2017, meaning NX Pokemon at 2018/2019
>>
>>28779381
Gen 8 might come early
>>
And they were developing for 3DS since 2010, didn't get Pokemon from them until 2013 and it was XY

NX is also not a pure home console
>>
You guys ready for Tembo 2?
>>
>>28778129
gen 3 was not a soft reboot what the fuck are you smoking
>>
>>28779597
Beat me to it.
>>
>>28779381
I love the smug look on this guy's face. Not related to the discussion at all, I just really love this guy's plan to have a religion race for money.

I'm going to say if they don't come out with D/P remakes, they'll come out with some sort of third game.
>>
File: 1473435654718.png (594KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1473435654718.png
594KB, 1024x768px
>>28777719
Patterns are being broken left and right

New director, new shit, I wouldn't be surprised at DP remakes.
>>
File: kek.png (101KB, 876x707px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
101KB, 876x707px
>>28778266
Do you really think, the guy who invented it and is still the CEO of Gamefreak will say "Pokemon? Nah man idc anymore" ?!

He said, I would rather be involved in the anime iirc and that was the reason masuda-san became the director, he still watched over him in rss. But do you think he wouldn´t care, just because you don´t see him in interviews?
>>
>>28777243
I hope he'll keep making music for Pokémon. That's the only thing he's good at. :^)
>>
>>28778340
Colosseum and XD are in the RSE/FRLG/HGSS/DPPt/BW1&2 timeline since you can trade directly with RSE and FRLG.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.