[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No Pokebank support in Sun/Moon till next year. How is this allowed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: bank.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bank.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
No Pokebank support in Sun/Moon till next year. How is this allowed?
>>
>>28768542
They are doing this because they don't want people to import their old Pokemon when the game is first released so everyone is on the same playing field and people don't start with fully competitive teams and must make teams like everyone else
>>
>>28768588
Trading is still a thing, hard without 2 3DSes but very much possible.
>>
>>28768588
>competitive

I know they're clueless, but that never stopped them.
>>
>>28768616
not compatible
>>
>>28768588
Most retarded thing I've ever heard.
>Beat Sun/Moon
>Now you can access Pokémon Bank with this game
There, I fixed it.
>>
>>28768616
Trading between generations hasn't been a thing since gen 2 and it was a mess back then. Now with pokebank they also won't need in-game transfer systems either.
>>
>>28768588
You can always hack anything you want, the game will be broken days after release.
>>
>>28768665
And now the meta is inundated with hacked mons again.

At least until January gives everyone time to breathe with just these new mons.
>>
>>28768588
Seems like a dumb reason to me if that's the case. I mean the badge/obedience mechanic was created precisely to prevent people from trading level 100 pokemon at the start of the game in the first place, and I don't see why they couldn't keep it but with trials instead of gyms. Like "now that you've completed Mallow's trial, pokemon up to level 30 will obey you" or something like that
>>
>>28768752
>This
>>
>>28768588
You're not evening going to be able to use Pokemon caught in Gen 6 in competitive anymore
>>
>>28768715
Dude, unless SM will have all pokemon in it (which I really really doubt), some pokemon won't even be available till January. That doesn't sound like a good meta to me
>>
>>28768616
No it is not. Pokemon Bank only.
Just because Gen 4 and 5 were on the same console didn't mean you could trade directly between them. Same deal with 6 and 7.
>>
>>28768807
How can you say that when you haven't even played with the mons yet?

The point is so you can play with new mons before everything comes crashing back like the tide.
>>
>>28768807
they dont want you to focus on all mons yet. they want you to learn how to use the new ones first
>>
>>28768856
I'm just saying being limited in your options is not good. I'm not saying the new mons won't be fun to play as, but maybe I wanna have the freedom to play with whatever pokemon I want
>>
>>28768665\

Why should gamefreak care if people want to do this? What if someone wants to play through the game on a fresh run with bred pokemon? That would only be possible if you beat the game, then transferred all the pokemon in, then bought a second copy of the game, and traded one by one those bred pokemon to the second game
>>
>>28768901
That doesn't make any sense. What's stopping me from using six pokemon from previous gens that also happen to be in the regional dex? What if wanna use five new pokemon and one pokemon that's not available?
>>
>>28768925
If you want that, you can replay the game in January.

There's only 1 opportunity to have a fresh experience each gen without outside interference.

>Go on Battle Spot with mons raised and trained in Alola
>Get matched to cookiecutter Lando-T, Rotom-W, Heatran team because fuck keeping it purely new for a while
>>
Why have rare pokemon? Why block off areas to start with? Why have them be scattered across the world? Why make it so I have to catch them?

I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>28768542
Source?

Because there's no real reason for this.

Competitive is not really a thing when all of your stuff catched in gen 6 won't be usable, even worse, possible strats with any pokemon that don't show up in alola will end up waiting until next year to just TEST them, it's fucking stupid.

By that time we'll probably find the next aegislash or something like that which would make the whole ordeal useless.

They're probably lazy shits and realize they have to update bank with all the SM stuff, so fuck working and just put it after game release.
>>
>>28769012
Ok there's been a misunderstanding. I totally get why they would keep me from accesing the Bank until I finished the story, and I'm fine with that. I have no intention of playing the game with transferred mons. The thing is, it won't take me till january to beat the game. And once I do finish the game, I wanna have access to all pokemon.
Second of all, how would having LESS pokemon in game add MORE variety? It goes against all logic
>>
Does pokebank filter out hackmons?
>>
>>28769268
no
>>
>>28769268
In my experience, no, it doesn't. Then again, it may filter them if they are wildly hacked, like if you gen a Wonder Guard Sableye with Judgement or other shit like that. If they could pass as regular mons you should be safe
>>
Do you think it will have day 1 pkhex support because of the developers can work with the demo?
>>
>>28769268
iirc it blocks obviously illegal stuff like impossible movesets/abilities/encounters, but there's no way to know if your shiny 6ivs are hacked or not so those are fine.
>>
>>28769360
Did ORAS have Day 1 PKHex support?
>>
>>28769268
so long as you dont have a fucking charizard with hydro pump or a diglet with oblivion wing you should be fine
>>
>>28769445
I think so
>>
>>28769445
to my knowledge it took about 3 days
>>
This is great

You autist cant wait a month and get butthurt

I get more time to finish gen 6 and catch up lol
>>
>>28768542
Because they need time to update the app for the potentially 100+ new Pokemon in the new game.
>>
>>28769267
Because the game has an online experience that doesn't just care about what you do on your own system.

And because the game is centralized around a certain set of Pokemon each time and forcing players to use Pokemon they're unfamiliar with creates a more balanced playing field at least for the time being.
>>
>Was gonna use bank to get all 3 starters by resetting in Sun and Moon
>Can't do that now

Can't wait for Luchalitten & friends to get shown legitimately so people can give me their Littens and Popplios.
>>
>>28769649
Just trade with friend or online.
>>
>>28769824
see>>28768616
>>
>>28769874
?
>>
>>28768715
>And now the meta is inundated with hacked mons again

Dude, PKHeX will most likely be working for SM within one week since the games become available (which will most likely before their official release).

The days of online play free of hacked mons are over.
>>
>>28769997
'Most likely' being a hinge. The engine is different than XYORAS.

And even then, they won't spread as fast as you'd think, considering not everyone has access to a9lh and other variants will have to deal with 3DS updates and such.
>>
>>28770053
>The engine is different than XYORAS
How do you know this?

>considering not everyone has access to a9lh and other variants will have to deal with 3DS updates and such

But that's also the current situation.

If hacked mons are a problem right now, then they will be a problem in pre bank SM as well.
>>
File: 1434484547505.jpg (12KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
1434484547505.jpg
12KB, 407x286px
i just want to use a fucking machop with fissure from red/blue throughout the game

is that so much to ask for
>>
The real reason is that the Bank devs a shit. A SHIT!
>>
>>28768542
Because they weren't going to start updating until Sun and Moon were finished so there wouldn't be any problems or need to replace assets again, plus it wouldn't drag developers away from the games. Additionally, they probably want to hold it off purposefully from launch not only to avoid hacks ruining the games and any surprises that could be gleaned from Bank, but also because their online servers would become a clusterfuck on launch, potentially causing crashes or the inability to save. Remember the Dream World and how they had to have a dumb 1 hour limit on it because Japanese players crashed it in half an hour and Westerners did similarly.

Adding to this, waiting until Christmastime like they originally did with Bank would likely cause the same stress. Remember all the server problems when just Japan had bank while everyone else was setting up NNID's and getting online with pokemon? We would have that same frustration, so GF is going to space out the server strain between the three potential peak times, being launch, Christmas, and Bank's update.

It's a bit of a bummer but it makes sense that they'd do it this way and ultimately it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>28770119
They've literally said it multiple times in various interviews, just Google it.

And think about it in terms of drug-dealing. There are a limited number of distributors, and you only see everyone with a hacked mon because it's been years and they've been able to diffuse. Not only is it back to the distributors again with Sun/Moon, but now there's also waiting on a compatibility upgrade, updates, etc and then even knowing how to make the mons in the first place, since because these will be fresh exposure to these new mons no one will know what's the ideal set to pass around.

It's less than a month and a half until January anyway, which isn't that much time.
>>
>>28770053
>The engine is different than XYORAS.

So was BW compared to DPPtHGSS, yet a Pokésav was released for it within literally 4 days of official release (source: http://game.umimi.com/tool/pokesav/bin/ ).

Other than the likely leaks, we might be getting a demo too, which will give us the save structure in advance too.
>>
>>28770201

Just wait until next year lol.
>>
>>28769155
>Because there's no real reason for this.
Other than them wanting people to at least try and experience the Pokemon in the new game first instead of just being lazy shits and transferring their favorites on over and not even attempting to try anything new.

>will end up waiting until next year to just TEST them
It's two months, Anon. January is two months after release. Just play the stupid game and experiment with shit.
>>
File: 059_2_700.jpg (143KB, 700x628px) Image search: [Google]
059_2_700.jpg
143KB, 700x628px
Guess I don't get to play through with all doggos right away.
>>
Hackers will do it first and I wouldn't be suprised if it's during the week.
>>
>I HAVE TO WAIT A MONTH AND SOME CHANGE BEFORE I CAN BATTLE WITH MY OWN POKEMON REEEEE

Fuck. Now I understand why they created this containment board
>>
File: 1472345594914.jpg (73KB, 699x468px) Image search: [Google]
1472345594914.jpg
73KB, 699x468px
>>28770630
/Vp/ in one picture
>>
File: 1283820669019.jpg (217KB, 718x534px) Image search: [Google]
1283820669019.jpg
217KB, 718x534px
It's a month and a half. Upsetting but not the end of the world.

Really expected GameFreak to be on top of their shit this time around, though. Maybe it is to curb launch-window server overload like what happened with Pokemon Bank in XY? Just wait a month and you have only half the people jumping on it when it is first released, much more manageable.

>>28768665
doesn't let me continually reset for event mons, doesn't let me play through the game with my bros if I want to, it's dumb.

>>28768807
Literally only two months, and limited metas, when designed well, are really really fun. They let some things shine that otherwise would never see the light of day.

tl;dr Chill Out
>>
anyone who honestly gives a fuck about this must be a huge loser IRL.

do something else, holy fuck.
>>
Use PHBank once it's updated to work with Sun/Moon. No Pokemon would be hacked, you just bypass the wait for the official PokeBank.
>>
>>28770201

All Pokemon from gen 1 will have their hidden abilities to prevent exactly that. Too many forums made a big deal about no guard fissure when bank support for gen 1 mon was revealed so there's no way somebody working for TPCi didn't read about it at some point and pass it along the chain of command back to Gamefreak.

That and GF reads Japanese forums IIRC and they likely bought the idea up too.
>>
The greatest era of online battling was X/Y before Bank was released

I'm glad it's like this
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.