[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Regi?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

File: GJ8lGL9[1].png (317KB, 2382x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GJ8lGL9[1].png
317KB, 2382x1080px
>The Regi's dots nearly spell out, "AZOTH"
>They all have 7 dots. "It is finished when 7 become 1"
>They consist of all the types Fighting is strong against, except Dark
>Like how the Regi trio represent the Stone Age, Ice Age and Iron Ages, A new Regi rivaling Regigigas will respresent the Dark Ages.

Regigigas was a creator; its counterpart will be a destroyer. The text in the Sealed Chamber was changed in ORAS. It used to read:

"In this cave we have lived.
We owe all to the Pokémon.
But, we sealed the Pokémon away.
We feared it.
Those with courage, those with hope.
Open a door. An eternal Pokémon waits."

It now says:

"Long did we live here in this cave
All thanks to the powerful Pokemon living alongside us
Yet, we sealed that Pokemon away, alone in the dark.
We feared it.
If you have the courage, if you still hold to hope,
Open the door. For beyond it the eternal Pokemon awaits."

"Alone in the dark" is the only significant change here. It isn't talking about Regigigas anymore, it's talking about the new Regi. Oddly, Regigigas appears where you find Regice in ORAS, and is said to visit there. Maybe, since Regice's spot is a tropical island, it's alluding to Alola?
>>
Regiclipse
>>
>>28768458
Interesting... a lot of reaching but, interesting... what would said regi be made out of?
>>
File: 1473008437296.jpg (11KB, 200x291px) Image search: [Google]
1473008437296.jpg
11KB, 200x291px
That would be pretty cool actually
>yfw like regigigas but without slow start
>>
really makes you think, huh...
>>
File: 250px-486Regigigas.png (54KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-486Regigigas.png
54KB, 250x250px
Interesting theory. I'd like it to be true. The only point of contention I see is that there's no way Regigigas's eyes spell A.

...Although a slightly stronger argument could be made for its actual dots.
>>
>>28768506
Nah it'll follow the name pattern (inb4 muh patters) and be regidark
>>
>>28768527
If anything they actually look like T..mm
>>
>>28768527
This
>>
It would have been better if the regi's spelled it out in braille. Ah well.
>>
>>28768540
What? Regigigas broke that pattern
>>
File: rHhY87JP.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
rHhY87JP.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
>>28768458
Photo of OP
I fucking love this idea
>>
>>28768668
>tfw we live in a world where regigigas' name isn't reginormie
>>
>>28768668
Regigigas doesn't need to follow the name theme because it's the trio master.
>>
>>28768742
Following that logic, regidark's name should be regitiny or something
>>
>>28768742
Then wouldn't that mean Regidark wouldn't have to follow that pattern then?
>>
>>28768759
It would be more like Regimikro because gigas means giant while mikro means small in Greek
>>
>>28768458
This is pretty far-fetched, but it surprisingly makes a good amount of sense.
I would really like to see this happen. I feel like if it was to happen, it would've already happened last gen.
We never really did learn what that Azoth thing stood for, right? How the hell were XY released while so unfinished?
>>
>>28768893
Your Rayquaza is like a dark Regi
>>
>>28768540
Regivil, considering Dark is called "Evil" in Japan
>>
>>28768458
I'm guessing it wouldn't already be he very robot-like Perfect Zygarde. Lore doesn't fit anyway.
>>
if there was another regi it would match up with the whole ages theme with the 3 regis due to the dark ages
>>
>>28769532
fuck it was in op's post
>>
>>28768522
I always thought that regigigas doesn't look how he used to. He has moss all over his body. Maybe his original form has different Stats and ability
>>
>>28768518
Regidark could easily be a giant tombstone desu.
>>
>>28768458
>"It is finished when 7 become 1"
What
>>
Dark regi... obviously Reginiggas.
>>
>>28768527
Those aren't eyes, they're just circles that represent the three other Regis. It's real "eyes" is the Braille on the center of its face.
>>
>>28770587
Tombstone is literally stone... and with your retarded logic it would be for Ghost anway.

Regidark would be made out of pure eeeevil darkness. Trapped inside wrappings that the dark energy leaks out from it would have the same silhouette as Regigias... with an even more gimpy Abilty.
>>
>>28771006
This XD XD this XD
>>
>>28768458
I thought it was agreed upon that if there is AZOTH fuckery, Kyogre and Groudon are A and Z (Alpha and Omega)
>>
>>28768458
If there is a "Regidark", then what stats would it have?
>>
>>28771464
Kyogre and Groudon are A and O. Zygarde is Z.
>>
>>28771583
150 in both Offenses with 100 in both defenses and 50 HP/Speed
>>
Dark/Fighting
Same stats as Regigigas but with Attack and Sp. Attack swapped
Ability has its Special Attack and Speed doubled for the first 5 turns of the whole battle (even if not in play, so no swapping it out to reset)

Regigigas gets a Primal Reversion that gives it a physical version of that ability and makes it Normal/Fighting.
>>
>>28768458
Can someone explain to me what the Z regi is?
>>
>>28768893
Nano is the antonym of Giga, so it could be Reginanos.
>>
>>28772397
The missing one
>>
>tfw Regiwood will never be a thing.

Not including Regigigas, all the other Regis were solid elemental types.

Another thing is that the type is called Grass...
>>
>>28772780
Regigrass? it would give GF an excuse to make Grass weak to Fighting
>>
>>28768527
>>28768550
So if Regigigas looks like 'T', Registeel looks like 'O' and Regirock 'H', where does that leave Regice?
'A' doesn't seem likely, and 'Z' is a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>28772397
Hypothetical
>>
>>28768458
The main problem is
>Sealed chamber was changed
>Yet Regi eyes have always been that way

Unless they were going on a happy accident and rolling with it that makes no sense since they would have known what they wanted to do from the beginning
>>
Other than the Regigigas eyes being an A, I can get behind this

Especially since this gen has a lot of focus on Z

Maybe Regigigas will have a primal reversion where its eyes make an A, with the new one's eyes forming the line in the middle
>>
>>28771310
Still not an A
>>
>>28768458
Wait there are only 4 regis who the help is the purple and black nigga
>>
There have been tons of Ice Ages. And no one calls medieval times the "dark ages" anymore, that's largely a misconception. In thhe East there wasn't ever such a thing anyway, they gave no fucks about the fall of Rome.

And are Ice Ages or the stone, iron or "dark" ages even called that in Japanese?
>>
>>28773422
read the thread you dummy
>>
>>28768458
>they all have 7 dots
I only see 6 on Regigigas nigga
>>
>>28773994
The artwork in OP's post doesn't do justice.

Regigigas has 13 total dots. Granted they don't really look like an "A".
>>
>>28773517
The games have been designed with international audiences in mind since Gen 3.
>>
>>28768458
I would love it for a new regi, for obvious reasons
>>
>>28768679
>>28768952

Uh. I mean this thread was intended to be a joke or at least not taken this seriously, but you guys've really taken to the idea. So....

>>28768527
Yeah it doesn't greatly resemble an A. I thought it made sense because it vaguely has that shape, and alpha means "big" or "greatest". And it created the regis, so it's "the first".

>>28768540
>>28768759
>>28768893
>>28769317
>>28772633

gigas is Greek for big or large. I tried to find a counterpart by looking up Greek names for darkness/shadow/etc but none of them actually sounded pleasant.

>>28769580
>>28773368
I've strongly advocated Primal Regigigas since ORAS. I think it's the most worth candidate.

>>28771583
Well, Regice/rock's stats are mirrors of each other with Registeel being the average of the two. Regigigas is

>>28773042
Bruh. Regice is the t. What r u doin.

>>28772397
>>28773422
A poorly-done and hastily-made Z out of dots stolen from Regirock.

>>28771654
I kind of like the Dark/Fighting idea desu.

>>28773994
>>28774247
Those aren't dots.
>>
>>28774505
Fuck I knew I'd forget to fill that in later-

For stats I meant to say Regigigas has 110/160/110/80/110/100 so the Dark Regi would probably be the same but with 120 in each attack instead, but without a gimpy ability.
>>
>>28768458
That image really should include the 7 black dot's on Regigigas' face
>>
>>28771310
>>28768527
>The black dots are it's real face, not the colored circles
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>28774505
6 of the 13 "dots" aren't the typical "dots", sure.
>>
>>28774505
>Bruh. Regice is the t. What r u doin.
Bruh. What about the vaguely 't'-shaped dots on Regigigas? Regice looks like 't' sideways.

... Huh. I just realized the dots are symmetrical for all of them.
>>
Regititanus?
Name comes from Arranos @ DeviantArt.
>>
Well I was gonna bash on this but I've read it twice and it might just be possible.
It's a good idea.
>>
>>28768815
No, the trio would become a quartet with gigas remaining the master.
>>
File: 1474865315715-1397056969.jpg (1MB, 2144x3808px) Image search: [Google]
1474865315715-1397056969.jpg
1MB, 2144x3808px
Don't mind me, just waving around my pushy gigadick
>>
>>28778242
He looks so soft... I wish there were plushes of the other Regis though.
>>
Who is the Z ? I don't recognize it
>>
>>28779625
The supposed "regidark"
>>
>>28773517
A Dark Age also exists in astronomy and refers to a time span after the Big Bang and before our universe materialized.
>>
>>28771363
And Darkrai doesn't look like a ghost while being Dark type only?
The tombstone was an idea of combining the hardness the Regis are made of with spoopyness, adding something like shadowy hands comparable to Cofagrigus. Simply going by Regigigas' shadow sounds rather bland and could be done to any Pokemon, besides, Gengar already took that spot.

Even if 'tombstone' sounds like it should be Ghost type, just think about what's the opposite of Normal typed Regigigas? It's Ghost. Yet I agree with OP's arguments for a Dark type and I think Regievil would rhyme beautifully with Medieval (i.e. muh Dark Ages).
In a nutshell, both of us put forward ideas that might profit from being combined.

>>28771654
Dark/ Fighting, huh. Regidark as the Regi to end all Regis sounds both fun and evil/dark.
Yet a fighter is portrayed as something super physical and darkness something shadowy.
The design will be tough to handle if not going with Reginiggas ((muh BBC (big black constitition and running fast) and blending with the darkness at night, except for eyes(!) and teeth clearly visible))
>>
>>28768458
Alone in the dark because Regigigas was in a dark place(not gameplay related here) in an abandoned temple all alone.
>>
>>28768518
Regidark wouldn't be made of anything. Regigigas isn't made of 'normal'. The three proper regis are made of materials because they're golems. Regigigas isn't a golem, its a creature.
>>
Regigigas made the Regis to seal away his evil counterpart, Regiskios.
>>
>>28780521
Regidark would be a golem too, though. Probably made of an eerie material, such as graveyard soil and tombstones.
>>
>>28780599
Why would Regigigas make an evil golem?
The most likely lore for Regidark would be that he came from the same place Regigigas did.

>made from graveyard soil and tombstones
So now it's a rock/ghost type?
>>
>>28780610
Who says Regigigas created it with the intent of it being evil? It's the exact same story as with Giratina; it was created to do good but turned bad and got sealed away.

>So now it's a rock/ghost type?
Soil isn't Rock type. If anything that's Ground. However, since "Dark" or "Evil" isn't an element, does it really matter what it's made of? Darkrai is a living shadow that can phase through anything and control your dreams, yet it isn't Ghost type.
>>
>>28780645
Which is why Regidark wouldn't be a golem. Like Regigigas it's not a material or element.
>>
>>28780666
Just give it an element for fuck sake, it ain't that hard. And since it's going to be Dark type no matter what, it doesn't even matter in the long run what's actually made of. It could be soil, it could be a statue, it could be bronze, it doesn't fucking matter.
GameFreak has spouted dozens of Pokémon whose typings doesn't add up with their design, and you're bitching about a Fakemon?
>>
>>28780706
>Just give it an element for fuck sake
Yeah, and let's say Regifighting is made of boxing gloves, and Regifairy is made of wands.

Regice is made of ice, Registeel of steel and Regirock of rock. They're made of the things they are. Dark and Normal aren't things, so they can't be golems.
>>
>>28780610
It would help to know what Regigigas is made of but it looks like marble, gold and moss. Is it a Titan, then, if not a golem itself?
Regidark could be made of anything, matter or darkness (or dark matter) whether it is a golem or a creature from the same source as Regigigas. It would make sense to be evil, as the Japanese know the Dark type as Evil type. Regigigas might have been spooked by it or worries it might be dangerous and created Golems for protection against it, as Golems are protectors.

In any case, Regis are comfy but Gamefreak has missed an opportunity to introduce a new one in 10 years now.
>>
>>28780717
Regigigas is organic. And I imagine Regidark would be some conceptual being, not a golem made of houndooms taped together, but the manifestation of the dark type. Maybe Regigigas expelled Regidark from itself to purify its being, and created the golems to fight off and seal this manifestation of evil.
Visually, Regidark would just be a dark shape with little definition. Just a sort of shadow of Regigigas with less features.
>>
Actually Kyogre and Groudon are the A and Z, particularly their Primals. Alpha and Omega, beginning and end of Greek alphabet, beginning and end of Roman alphabet is A and Z.

Regigigas being A is reaching.
>>
Bro this is actually a sick as fuck theory. If gf doesn't do this, they fucked up.

Good shit OP
>>
>>28780735
This, but keep going. This theory is neat.
>>
File: 1383594084040.jpg (77KB, 383x750px) Image search: [Google]
1383594084040.jpg
77KB, 383x750px
A sinister counterpart to Regigigas, and the opposite of creation? Regichasm, Ghost type.

Gigas being a creator and being made of whatever solid matter it is, Chasm is a destroyer/devourer thingy without a physical form. Me want.
>>
>>28780735
>>28780798
Who says the end of the world scenario of AZOTH is limited to one set of legendaries?
Arceus is also the Alpha Pokemon, Zygarde the Omega. Xerneas and Yveltal also represent life and death, i.e. the beginning and end of things.

>>28780734
A conceptional being does sound neat but other legendaries are deers and dinosaurs while being divine concepts themselves. It does not sound like GF to do so but it sure as hell sounds like taken straight from Kirby (pic related).
In Kirby, Dark Matter is a villainous black blob with an eye which spawns from Zero, a giant white blob. They represent some concept of eerieness that is never explained but was once hinted at as bitterness and jealousy for being left out of the fun life has to offer. Zero, at least, is somehow organic (like Regigigas) for it is bleeding in battle, yet Dark Matter spawning from it (Regi Z?) is simply a sphere of darkness.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.