[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't be the only one that thinks SM will be XY over again.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 8

I can't be the only one that thinks SM will be XY over again.
>>
Given what we've seen so far I think it's "somewhat" safe to assume we're not getting a repeat of XY
>>
X and Y didn't do shit outside WHOA 3D(still the same grid) and WHOA MEGA EVOLUTIONS

Sun and Moon are putting more effort in a lot of Noticable things to be great
>>
>>28766166
This is my biggest fear. If it's shit I'm probably dropping the franchise for a long time.
>>
>>28766237
you won't be missed
>>
>>28766237
Same. Being disappointed with two games in the franchise in a row is bad, but if it was 3 in a row I'd just know this isn't for me anymore

>>28766243
You sure pwned them!
>>
>>28766243
Dude, I'm not going to spend my time playing a game I won't enjoy. They're like $60 each, plus getting a system to play them on. After a few years of this and looking back on it I could've used that money on something more permanent.

Sometimes you got to know when to let go.
>>
I definitely get the impression that it will be XY tier in story sequences that take control away from the player and/or make them wait a long while before getting to play again. Which is actually fine for a first playthrough but really hurts the game's replayability IMO. Otherwise I'm liking what I'm seeing a lot.
>>
It's had 3 years of dev time and they actually got to spend that dev time making new shit as opposed to making 1000 different 3d models.
>>
>>28766363

>That take control of the player away

You taking about scripted scenes?

The old games did this shit too
>>
>>28766243
Fuck off, if he doesn't enjoy the series that's his business.
>>
Just don't be a retard panicking at a single sight

People were actually dumb and shutting down every new addition Bw2 did until the game actually came out
>>
>>28766224
Sure dude
>amie
>customization
>new type
>riding pokemon
>double starter choice
>super training
>horde battles
>sky battles

Yeah XY had NOTHING during promotion
>>
>>28766359
$60 each? Where are you from? Because my gamestop are gonna sell SM for 39.99. Unless your talking about when the price increases as months go by?
>>
>>28766480
I'm from Canada. $56 for one game. And I think around $300 bucks for a new 3ds.

I ended up getting an older 3ds package (the mario one) for $200 just to play this game because it seems pretty good.
>>
>>28766363
This is a good point, huh.

>>28766562
Dude, import. I live in the Caribbean so I bought my 3DS off EBay for 109. Gonna buy SM from America too too since i already have OR digitally and dont want all of them to be digital
>>
>>28766224

Second post best post
>>
>>28766562
Oh damn. Are you gonna wait till reviews come out to see if it's worth it?
>>
>>28766224
instead is WHOA 3D(no grid) and WHOA ALOLAS AND Z-MOVES
>>
>>28766436
>double starter choice
>sky battles

Why did you even list these
>>
>>28766656
I've already preordered both.

Yeah I dun fucked up. I know.
>>
>>28766166
Course it won't be.

XY has gyms.
>>
>>28766243
I'll miss him.
>>
>>28766436
>decent feature
>was poorly handled
>Fairy is unbalanced shit
>like 5 of them
>getting a kanto starter is not a feature, anon
>decent feature
>decent feature
>people liked this?
>>
>>28766436
Most of those we're useless gimmicks you fucking kalosperm
>>
>>28766381
It's been building gradually but I'd say first 3 gens it wasn't really much of a thing.
>>
SM is changing too much for me to be particularly worried about it being a repeat of XY outside of maybe the postgame being underwhelming again.
>>
>>28766166
Everything we've seen so far tells us it won't be like XY.

Personally, my biggest complaints about XY was the lack of personality and vibrant overworld and the lack of difficulty.

SM looks comfy as fuck and actually removed the grid system and chibi models. We also have Totem Pokemon, side quests, and EXP share uses Gen V scaling; all of which will make the games at least somewhat more challenging.

I was never THIS excited for XY as I am for SM.
>>
I think so too, it's release has been similar to XY, new things all around. In the end like sky battles and horde battles, much of it will be underdeveloped at best.
>>
>>28766747
Nah man I would do the same!
>>
The Pokemon in SM so far are just so much more creative and memorable than XY's. Alola Forms also look a lot better than most megas, and have the advantage of being permanent designs too.

Just IMO, but it's already better for me.
>>
>>28766166
The removal of gyms, HMs, and the grid system already makes SM vastly superior
>>
>>28766758
>>28767065
I really don't see how gym removal can be seen as a net positive or negative. Gyms have never made the games feel stake for me and I almost feel that them being gone makes people retroactively find them bad
>>
>>28766166
wow it's almost like this whole board doesn't harp on about gen 6 nonstop and how terrible it is and how sm will be just as bad

oh wait it does
>>
>>28767135
Yeah I'm hesitant to declare that it's definitely good they're gone. It really depends how good the trials are, if they are the replacement, or if maybe gyms are still a thing but relegated to post-game.
>>
>>28766224
nah XY did a lot of things, problem's it didn't do them very good

>woo i'm riding a skiddo and i can do exactly... nothing
>woooah i'm petting the same pokemon and i can do exactly... the same thing over and over
ok game
>>
>>28767220
As long as the Totem Pokemon are handled well they'll be fine. I'd take fetch quests over puzzles that come with free EXP fodder
>>
The one thing I fear for Sun and Moon is that Alola feels too small as a region. I hope not, cause I want a nice, long adventure, soaking in the beauty of Alola.
>>
>>28767270
It looks so fucking small yet it has 300 pokemon in it's regional dex, I can't imagine how 18 trial captains could fit in there.
>>
>>28766922
Well, at least I'll have something to play during my downtime in college.

I mean I personally don't think it'll be as bad as X/Y, it's just still a lot of money to keep dropping every year or so. I mainly bought the two different versions so I could trade over the version exclusives and use one for more "fun" playthroughs like nuzlockes, mono-teams etc.

>>28766642
Thank you for the advice. Though I think because of the value of the canadian dollar (it's shit right now, it used to be more equal) at the moment it'll be basically the same price when including shipping. Though I haven't really looked too deeply.
>>
>>28767301
It still isn't confirmed to be 18, we may only have 8 or so or maybe a little more

Also it has time-based encounters, version exclusives, a wide variety of areas and possibly other methods to fit these all in.

I'd take that over Haunter never leaving me alone in the lategame and most of the new mons being in one or two areas.
>>
>>28766436
>>28766727
>>28766778
It doesnt matter of they were good or not, the point was XY campaign had nothing except 3d and megas which is bullshit because all those were advertised a lot

Also if you think all the stuff shown for Sun and Moon will be 10/10 you're naive as fuck, especially after XY
>>
>>28766874
>side quests
lol what
>>
File: KlgyG.gif (215KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
KlgyG.gif
215KB, 400x300px
>>28766436

>sky battles IS a feature

My sides used Fly!
>>
>>28767361
zygarde cells is a sidequest, also there are things that hint at there being some kind of quest system
>>
>>28767365
I havent listed features you stupid fuck, tell me where i called them features you imbecile
>>
>>28767135
Gyms had begun to feel hollow and way too predictable
>Electric gym
>Fill my team with Ground types
>OHKO everything in sight

Trial Captains in this game seem more involved with an actual personality. I also love how the Trials take place outside. They give you quests to actually explore the region and encourage adventure. And the Totem Pokemon at least look more challenging than a gym battle.
>Totem Gumshoos challenges you
>Trainer switches Pokemon once
>Totem Gumshoos and the two Yungoos it called to battle all have their Attack stat increase because they all have Stakeout
>>
>>28767408
>also there are things that hint at there being some kind of quest system
aside from rotomdex what are these? i'm curious since these would be cool
>>
>>28767408
>zygarde cells is a sidequest
Its an important legendary, its not a sidequest

>>28767408
>also there are things that hint at there being some kind of quest system
Like what
>>
I am guessing it will be similar to how Smash 4 was to Brawl. Extremely similar, and will fix most of the small mistakes, but will also retain most of the core mistakes.
>>
>>28767432
Trial Challenges give you side quests. For example, Mallow asking you to find three (or four?) ingredients for her.
>>
>>28767495
Thats hardly a side quest, its more like puzzles in gyms, they are part of trials
>>
>>28767478
Difficulty and postgame weren't even my main issues with XY. I mean yeah they were part of it for me, of course, but most of my issues were a lot of other aspects.

SM so far is looking better in pretty much every way to me. Even if not an amazing game, better than XY in every way is enough for me to walk away satisfied.

Sm4sh skimped on the actual single player content that Brawl at least had, by the way so it also introduced at least a couple new mistakes

>>28767495
Those aren't sidequests though, that's the maingame
>>
>>28766166

I'm still weary over it because Ohmori is still at the head of the games, and Matsuda isn't fully gone, even though right now things seem promising

i said that about XY tho, but I give XY the benefit of the doubt since it was their first time in 3D
>>
>>28767432
>>28767429
Usually collectathon style quests are not part of the main quest but I guess you could argue that since Zygarde has been shown so much he might not be optional. As for things that might indicate quest system, at one point we see a list of "current objectives" or something like that with a lot of extra room which could function as a quest list. Also when you begin a trial there's a big flourish that could be used for quest start and quest complete.
>>
>>28767516
Not that big a difference. Although it looks lame, there was that Pyukumuku side quest to throw them back in the water. The Dex entries are noticeably more detailed this gen, so we might interact with more mons in the overworld.
>>
>>28767319
Then get digital, if you HAVE to. Its the same in Jamaica, as the 3DS has no price drop here. And games cost 60 to 80 dollars. Though due to how our dollar works, its not as expensive as it sounds.

>>28767270
Johto is small but one of my favorite regions so I don't mind that at all tbhq
>>
>>28767418
>implying you will switch
>implying you're not going to lead with a fighting type and win the trial anyways

Next you're going to say that Pokéride won't be in specific places and it's totally not going to end up being like Rhyhorn road and Mamoswine in XY.
>>
>>28766224

>3D Models are actually better looking than th artwork compared to Gen 6 doing the complete opposite

>Actual 3D movement and angles to the point where Trainer field of view has to change

>New format of Island trials with Trial Captains

>Boss Pokemon Battles with minions

>A lot more interesting gimmick Pokemon with new abilties than Gen 6

>Alola forms is a nice spin without overaggerating like Mega evolutions, meant to be a different variation of a pokemon

Your damn right
>>
>>28767418
I mean, for people who do that I suppose. Many people (me includes) fight the gyms with one team rather than catch Mons to beat a specific Gym, so its less hollow. And Gym Leaders have had personality in some regions.

Although after Kalos and Hoenn Gyms, I could use something else. Those two notable have the least interesting, after Kanto

I agree with the rest though. Totem mins do look interesting. Trials being outside is fine, but not really a big deal outside that meaning the over world will be interesting to make the trails good. Still have a feeling at least half the trials may end up boring

>>28767220
Trails are pretty much Gyms with longer puzzles so I doubt it
>>
>>28767611
>3D Models are actually better looking than th artwork compared to Gen 6 doing the complete opposite
That's just because the art is not great
>>
>>28767547
The site things aren't Dex entries though. At least not the entire thing. Its just some nice added lore. We've always had this sort of lore in the dexes anyways,
>>
>>28766237

Dw, the spirit of pokemon lives on in the battle simulators.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>28766763
DELET THIS
>>
Pyukumuku job is just a side job, XY had those aswell
>>
File: haha.jpg (50KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
50KB, 680x510px
>>28766166
>kanto pandering in the form of alolan forms
>no more gyms
>shitty yokai watch tier new pokemon
>not that many new pokemon
It is going to be a train wreck. I cannot wait to laugh in the face of those who are hailing these games as the greatest new pokemon games.
>>
>>28767787
>No more gyms
This is a good thing and already puts it miles ahead of other gens.
>>
I have really high hopes for SM, more than I did for XY at least

The thing i'm most afraid of honestly, is that I'll know too much before the game is released to enjoy it a lot. I stuck around in leak season for XY and knew every new pokemon before the game came out, which severely decreased my hype level when actually playing the game.

So this time, i'm quarantining myself the moment a demo comes out, because I know one of you fags will datamine it like with ORAS.
>>
>>28767807
>Less battles is good

Why bother playing Pokemon in the first place> Just collect stamps
>>
File: 1474824259490.gif (1021KB, 421x389px) Image search: [Google]
1474824259490.gif
1021KB, 421x389px
>>28766166
>>28766436
>>28767329
>>
>>28767836
>Less battles

You can fight the Trail captains
>>
>>28767787
>not that many new pokemon
If anything, the rate at which they continue to reveal new ones indicates at least 100 new mons which is a good standard amount.
>>
>>28767864
It doesnt look like it considering the battle of the trial is totem and also they never showed battles with captains yet they showed battles with totems and kahuna
>>
>>28767884
All the captains we know about so far have stated type specialties and Kiawe is stated to use an Alolan Marowak. There's no reason to point that kind of stuff out for people we can't fight.
>>
>>28767836
But gym trainers were fucking shit. That just gives you more exp for free
>>
>>28767836
There are still battles just less of the same copypasted 8 gyms + elite 4 we've had for 6 games in a row.

and I already collect stamps ;^)
>>
>>28766243
Eat shit you fucking loser
>>
>>28767916
Kiawe dance partner is a Marowak, the site never states he uses it.

They have types because they represents type of a trial, they dont battle you
>>
In post-game you form your own league, picking out 8 of the trial captains for your own personal arrangement. The Pokemon and their levels is a little different depending on what order they're placed in, too (ie if Lana is the first gym, she has fewer Pokemon of lower levels than if she's the 8th). This can be shared with other people online and through streetpass so you can play millions of different permutations of leagues.
>>
>>28767924
What makes you think trial trainers wont be shit?
>>
>>28767951
Dream on faggot
>>
>>28767969
Hey they'd probably be just as bad, maybe a little less if they aren't all one type since they'd probably just be the average NPC.

I'm just saying if you're arguing gyms are better because of their trainers that's a bad argument.
>>
>>28766436
I'll bait.
>Makes game even easier if you used it without any knowledge (1.2 exp boost and etc)
>Pretty limited, especially when you play as a boy
>Unbalanced and made bigger harm to other types than dragons themselves
>Limited
>Getting Kanto starter is not a feature (what triggers me the most is that you can't reject it)
>Nice feature
>Nice feature too
>As long as I know people HATE it
>>
>>28766374
No. XY had 3 years of development time. SM only had TWO. They started development only after ORAS was released. Confirmed by Ohmori.
>>
>>28766166
I hope so, ORAS was fucking shit.
>>
>>28767985
Im not saying its about the trainers, in saying that it seems they're simplifying even the gyms. Do you think collecting 4 ingredients or spotting a difference between 2 dances is more challenging then fighting 2-4 gym trainers?I doubt that
>>
>>28768009
>They started development only after ORAS was released. Confirmed by Ohmori.

Source? I mean they were dropping hints at SM during XY with the Strange Souvenir and all.
>>
>>28767981
So you agree it would be cool
>>
>>28768004
Another idiot. READ THE FUCKING POINT OF THAT POST BEFORE REPLYING YOU DUMB SHIT
>>
>>28768023
Those 2-4 gym trainers aren't challenging at all is my point. At worst I have to pack Paralyze Heals in an electric gym. That's it.

Are you faggots so obsessed with "challenge" that even NPCs you curbstomp for EXP were somehow difficult these days?
>>
>>28768047
Then why battle with trainers at all? Just let us catch pokemon and thats is. Lets not even bother with levels. If battles are pointless.. why bother?
>>
>>28766166

Ride Pokemon getting rid of HM's alone is already making it better than X and Y
>>
>>28768078
The thing is there are still battles with different NPCs across the region like always.

But in gyms you can basically just take one mon and steamroller almost all the NPCs up until the gym leader with a type advantage, by cutting off that easy source of EXP that effectively slightly increases the challenge if anything since you have less EXP to work with.

In a Grass gym my Pidgeotto would be able to just whoop everything pretty easily, but if I were heading somewhere for something what if I ran into a Hiker, or just someone with a Pikaclone? I at least have to switch out, which even if it's still easy as all hell, is better than gym trainers.

In a perfect world gym trainers wouldn't be complete pushovers but as it stands they are nothing but predictable EXP fodder.
>>
>>28768024
Ohmori confirmed this in a Famitsu interview. I think it was from August.
>>
>>28766166
>implying thats a bad thing
>>
>>28766727
He's trying to pad out the list to make XY sound good

On paper listing out all the half-baked features is rather long, but in-game they basically account for nothing
>>
>>28768196
Searched Famitsu on the archives and I don't see shit on the development time.

If people saw that you'd think we'd be getting "OMG RUSHED LITERALLY WORSE THAN ORAS" spammed all over the board.

I can't find anything so far right now either, but I guess I'll keep looking.
>>
>>28766436
Since retards keep missing the point of this post I'll simplify it even further - these features were hyped just as much, if not more than Alolas, Z moves and all the other junk are right now but majority of them turned out to be mediocre at best, and game ruining at worst.
>>
>>28767807
Still makes no sense to me. I think you're getting hyped over something that's essentially no big deal

>>28767924
Why will they be different?
>>
>>28768206
>On paper listing out all the half-baked features is rather long, but in-game they basically account for nothing

You DO realize that might also apply to Sun and Moon

its ridiculous how people dismiss every aspect or feature of XY and yet for Sun and Moon which mostly have the same features its "10/10 flawless"

You'll get burned by the release reslly hard if you're so naive
>>
>>28768382
I already explained myself >>28768153
Basically at least I won't just be able to use the same type matchup at least even if they are still really easy. At least I hope not.

I just think more than anything that gym trainers are a bad argument for Gyms > Trials. There's better arguments for that.
>>
>>28768423
But either way you can just get monst that beat it and make the trial easier. To be clear, I don't think Gyms>Trials, I think there's no real winner
>>
>>28766224

Your overexaggerating

X and Y gave us super training and Amie and fairy types and others

That being said, they were all side shit, the main game was still largely weak and the same

Sun and Moon's changes are effecting the overall structure of the base game and that's what makes them more appealing
>>
>>28766874
>EXP share uses Gen V scaling
Source?
>>
>>28768460
My real core point was that gym trainers weren't a good reason to say Trials are bad.

In reality it doesn't make much of a difference I just hate seeing the equivalent of a few average default move NPCs with a type theme be treated as challenging.

You're right there's no real winner since I'm not sure how Trials will turn out, but I have hope.
>>
>>28768461
>Sun and Moon's changes are effecting the overall structure of the base game and that's what makes them more appealing
Thats what you think. The only real changing stuff might be trials, riding Pokemon might become as annoying if you really need to ride a pokemon to destroy every rock or push a boulder
>>
>>28768296
>>28768296
Firstly, ORAS is a fantastic game. And it wasn't rushed at all. 1 year of development with 100 members staff is absolutely standard for a remake.

Btw, keep in mind that SM having a 2 development isn't that bad either. It's what BW1 had, more or less.
>>
>>28768517
I don't think your shitposting anon, I just think someone just told you a lie.

All the searches I've done so far only lead me to the famitsu interview done late July which talked about other aspects of the game.
>>
>>28768484

Not him but somebody took the E3 footage and analyzed that the EXP system works like Gen 5, mainly due to how much smaller exp he got once he leveled up
>>
>>28768484
Watch the Nintendo Treehouse demonstration from June. Somebody ran the numbers and confirmed they're going back to Gen V scaling
>>
>>28768461
>Sun and Moon's changes are effecting the overall structure of the base game and that's what makes them more appealing

>remove the league
>cut the numbers of gyms to 4
>rename them to "island leaders" to hide the fact that you just effectively removed half of the challenging fights from the game
>OMG THANK YOU BASED GAMEFREAK BEST POKEMAN GAME EVER
lol
>>
>>28768635
>cut the numbers of gyms to 4
But it's already confirmed there's more than 4 you twat
>>
>>28766562
Just pirate it you mong. Hacking is easy as shit nowadays
>>
File: aether.png (704KB, 847x479px) Image search: [Google]
aether.png
704KB, 847x479px
They're gonna end up being villains right?
>>
>>28768590
In that interview, if it is the same one, Ohmori said he was asked to be the director of SM once ORAS were released.

Also, it is common sense that Ohmori couldn't have directed to games simultaneously xD

And of course, we are talking about actual development. The brainstorming (aka conceptual development) for SM could've started earlier, which would explain the hints in XY as Masuda probably had some concepts in his head already.

Same >>28768590
with ORAS. The actual development was one year long with 100 staff members, but the brainstorming for ORAS started 1 year earlier, for the total of 2 years of development if we count that.
>>
>>28768837
"When Ohmori became a director for the first time with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, he felt it was both hectic and interesting at the same time, because he could make a game as he wished. When there were talks of him becoming a director for Sun and Moon, he wondered if he could really do it, because when it comes to a brand new game, there are many things that must be considered, including the world setting and the new Pokemon. He has worked hard and believes that Sun and Moon will be very interesting."

Those talks might have began during ORAS' development or even brainstorming, since he was first appointed to ORAS director in 2012 from my memory. It certainly implies the possibility, but doesn't outright confirm it.
>>
>>28768604
>>28768601
Hmm. What was different in gen V apart from less exp?
>>
>>28769037
In Gen 5 the EXP yield increased/decreased along with how under/overleveled you are compared to the opponent you just beat.

Thing is there's still the catching EXP and possibly all mons in battle getting 100% EXP so it's not quite the same but at least for me it's good enough.
>>
>>28768827
Hopefully
>>
>>28769037

Normally there's a set EXP for each Pokemon and level

Except with Gen 5, they build it so it gets lower the higher your level is

This was made so you can't overlevel and the game can stay at a consistent difficulty
>>
>>28769162
I remember when people bitched about it on here back in the day.

/vp/ is never satisfied with shit and the attitude is contagious. I only started to hate Gen 6 after I started spending more time here. Just gonna stock up on Friend Codes here when S/M drops and stay away until I complete Sun in its entirety.
>>
>>28768947
>>28768947
http://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-sunmoon-devs-on-gameplay-changes-improvements-setting-battle-royal-pokemon-go-more/

It is directly stated that Ohmori was asked to direct SM just after ORAS was ready. Not during the development of ORAS

So yeah, it's pretty much confirmed that SM development started after ORAS were released. So the 2 years development cycle is a fact, more or less.
>>
>>28766166
doubt it, x/y was them going into new grounds (hence why it was so shit)

i'd imagine s/m is a bit more refined
>>
>>28769392
Well shit, I guess I missed that.

Thing is though I don't get how that adds up with the hints at the Tapus and a Hawaiian region during XY. These hints were planned about at least a year before he was handed the task of SM director.

It's possible the engine changes or at least some brainstorming had been done beforehand at least.
>>
>>28769463
That is exactly what I think:

ORAS development was between November 2013 and November 2014.

But the brainstorming of ORAS started in November 2012, a whole year earlier!

Same with SM. Development started in November 2014, and will finish around November 2016.

But the brainstorming might have started a year earlier.

In any case, saying ORAS were rushed is plain stupid, when they were developed by a staff twice as big as the HGSS staff, for example.

Same here. SM will have the same development time as BW1. And not many fans called BW1 rushed as far as I remember.
>>
>>28769392
no
SM was already in the think tank since XY

the concepts and such were already made

how would they put so much hints at sun and moon in XY otherwise
>>
>>28769734
yeah they were probably working on the design doc for a while and only started implementing it after ORAS
>>
>>28766166
you are not the only one bro :(.
>>
>>28769734
It is called conceptual development. Do not confuse it with actual development.
>>
File: 1474065276858.jpg (9KB, 299x293px) Image search: [Google]
1474065276858.jpg
9KB, 299x293px
People were acting like XY was gonna be amazing during development and look how that turned out. Wait for sun and moon to come before you make any judgments, but I'm not gonna trust the cunt who presided over ORAS.
>>
>>28770696
XY were amazing, genVunner.
>>
>>28770733
No they weren't. They were serviceable at best. Barely adequate.

>>28770696
I think the people most hyped will be the people who hate it the most. I'm just interested in playing it and hope I will love ir
>>
>>28770696
Yeah, I'm being cautiously optimistic
>>
>>28766402
>>28766261
>>28766359
>>28766763
FUCK OFF AND KILL YOURSELVES
>>
What's Masuda doing if he's not directing a gen starting game? Just music this time?
>>
>>28768004
>what triggers me the most is that you can't reject it
Then just box it. Same applies to all gift pokemon if you want all your pokemon besides your starter to come from the wild.

>>28766436
Don't forget
>One dedicated farm are for berry farming
>Friend Safari
>Rollerskates (although a toggle option would be better)
>>
It'll probably be fine. I just hope there is a place for easy breeding like in ORAS. XY were fine, but it was spread out in 2 places
>>
>>28772526
It sounds like Ichinose's back, so I don't think he's doing much music.
>>
>>28766166
>I can't be the only pessimistic fuckwad on /vp/

Don't worry, you aren't.
>>
>>28769392

>was ready

You don't seem to understand how games are made

You are well aware that ORAS was down by the time of December 2013 right?

The rest was Localization
>>
>>28768827
Yeah, sure
>>
>[I can't be the only person who thinks 'objective thought on current subject' can I?]
>>
>>28766166
I'm hyped for two reasons
>Haven't played a Pokemon game on release since BW
>Unlike the majority of /vp/, I'm not a jaded fuck
>>
>>28772819

Then what's he up to then? Directing the NX Pokemon game?
>>
>>28766166
Thanks to your abbreviation, I now will forever see Pokemon Sun and Moon as Pokemon S&M.

It'll be funny the first few weeks, I'll laugh quite a bit.
Then like I did with OR-ASS every time I see it, I'll sigh on the inside as my brain makes a connection that I didn't need to think.

Thanks, I guess.
>>
File: 1457353988319.jpg (56KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1457353988319.jpg
56KB, 500x281px
>>28772389
>>28772823
>>
>>28776729
tism
>>
I wouldn't mind because X and Y were amazing and as long as we never go back to the shitfests that were Gen IV and V I'm happy
>>
>>28766166
XY was there first venture into 3D and they had no idea what the fuck they were doing, plus the workload for new assets was huge. This time round, they actually can focus on making a decent game. ORAS was by the B team and Mufasa threw in a few shitty ideas to fully fuck it.
>>
It likely will be. And like XY, three years later people will pretend no one was hyped for SM and everyone knew it would be "shit".

>>28780035
ORAS was pretty much the same staff as XY, unlike when they actually had two teams work on games concurrently prior to the last year of XY development.
>>
My only fear for the game is that they'll go crazy with the retarded camera angles like in XY. ORAS was a lot better in that respect.

Also, are mega evolutions making a return? I assumed they would but I heard talk that they wouldn't.
>>
>>28780149
Masuda supposedly stated they would return months ago, they're in the new arcade game coming out soon in Japan, and they're in merchandise listings for next year, it's pretty clear Mega Evolutions are here to stay.
>>
>>28766166
Well, you're not wrong in that you'll get to revisit Kalos in the post-game.
>>
>>28766436
To be fair, sky battles and riding were fucking less than nothing.
>>
>>28766166

No. You are not the only one.
>>
>>28767429
I saw one sidequests where the player tossed a bunch of the sea cucumber mon into the ocean
>>
The only thing that matters is if they decide to nerf exp share

It's okay for post game but getting it this early is an insult to my 10 year old self
>>
>>28769332
there's literally no reason to visit /vp/ outside of prerelease buzz anyways, it's the worst board
>>
>>28780305
/v/ is worse, and every 4chan board is full of the same bullshit
>>
>>28766243
Typical Gamefreak cocksucker.
>>
>>28766166
I loved XY but it felt incomplete. Sun and Moon looks better in every way but that doesnt mean it wont have flaws: it most certainly will. Question is if they're similar to XYs

Either way if we wont get post game this time around the game will very fast fall down from 10/10 to 6/10 or below
>>
>>28767864

No it hasn't been confirmed. The only thing we know is thbat we battle Toten Pokemon, which are pretty much Hordes battles with a boss. 4 Kahunas are what are left to battle.

If Island trials are bad, then SM will be my least favourite gen togetehr with 1.
>>
>>28780149
>wanting the boring top down view
>>
>>28767630
the bad part is that you don't need to fill your team to beat gyms, just one ground type can wipe a whole electric gym for example, one flying type can wipe a fighting gym...too freakin easy
>>
>>28780832
And you think that water trial wont have water pokemon? Its the same formula
>>
>>28780850
Well I genuinely hope it's not just going to be gym leaders with a new name. that mechanic was honestly growing stale, I'm not saying I had an issue with it per sea but I gave up on them changing the formula years ago and now that they're actually doing it I can't help but be cautiously optimistic
>>
>>28780866
The only thing they can change is replacing gym trainers+puzzle by trial challenge and so far those 4 we've heard about are very easy: test of knowledge, spot the difference, find 4 items and defeat a wild pokemon
>>
>>28767329
Shh. You'll ruin the narrative.
>>
>>28772823
Pathetic virgin turbofans think they're so witty LOL

Lets see how fucking witty you are when the games come out and they're shit like X and Y
>>
>>28781033
Why do you come to /vp?
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.