[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

find a flaw. protip: you definitely will holy shit these games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
find a flaw.

protip: you definitely will holy shit these games are so fucking bad
>>
>>28750386
Just when I thought that these were the worst Pokémon games Game Freak comes and make a pair of games worse than these (XY)
>>
>>28750386
>Actually giving more reasons for a remake
Your shitposting is backfiring, dont pull a hoenn.
>>
I haven't decided if DP or XY are the worst. I was hoping Z would fix XY; now I'm hoping potential remakes fix DP. I won't get my hopes up.
>>
>>28750386
>>28750576
>>28750595
>>28750598
Well shit guys, I like these games.
>>
>>28750629
that's ok, even if I, for example,
think they're the worst or close to it. Opinions are fine.
>>
>>28750629
I like it too, but the entire board is pulling the "Hoenn isnt going to get remade!" shit.
>>
File: Platinum_EN_boxart.png (2MB, 1114x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum_EN_boxart.png
2MB, 1114x1000px
>>28750386
Found a fix
>>
>>28750386
D/P's only flaw is that the battle animations are slow.
>>
I'm going to say it, those were my first Pokémon games (not counting Pokémon Ranger), I had to buy them with my own money when I was 11 (bought both for y collection).
I enjoyed them a lot, especially musically-wise. It made me play the GBA games as well, but the dated interface never really clicked with me. Skipped Platinum, enjoyed even more HGSS.

They're not bad, but superficial, yes.
>>
4th gen at least had the superb HGSS to compensate for the heaping pile of shit that DP is. XY can't say the same, ORAS is just as garbage
>>
>>28750576
Well i just rate X and Y slightly above DP for being able to finish faster
>>
>>28751026
DP had Pt to make it playable.
>>
>>28750576
You forgot RBY. These where the worst games.
>>
>>28750818
And the slow surfing speed and that running is the same speed as walking in gen 3 and that you can't bike in snowy routes and horrible evil team.
>>
>>28750386
I enjoy them, the speed of the game is slow, like holy shit stop and the whole ''no fire'' (although that one doesn't bother me that much but it still is a problem if not to me) plus the end game cure with Cynthia is kinda pushing it. I still like them and they aren't my least favorite that's for sure but Platinum exists.
>>
>>28751096
Galactic (or at least Cyrus) is one of the redeeming factors though.
>>
At least Platinum saved it.

G/S were total shit and Crystal didn't do nearly enough.
>>
>>28751216
There was nothing wrong with GS other than the level curve and GS were more of an expansion pack to the original games than a full separate gen given that they could interact with the first gen games much more than the games that came after (tradebacks, for example). Very few people who played GS at the time thought the games were lacking. In fact it was R/S that pissed most of the original fans off the most because it prevented transfers from old gen games, didn't have the full dex AND only had one region when people assumed it would be like the previous game and let you go back to the old places, especially given that they were being put on much more advanced technology without hitting the same data storage brick wall that G/S did initially.

R/S, and D/P were both lackluster sets of games that were only redeemed by the third game. ORAS didn't fix the problems with XY.
>>
>>28750696
that giratina looks like its gonna eat me 0_0.
>>
Let's see

>Slow af battles
>More worthless in-battle HMs (rock climb want even a rock type attack in a time when there were few rock attacks)
>Majority of new pokemon are evolutions or pre-evolutions
>Most new evolutions are inaccessible till after the elite 4
>Gym leaders/E4 don't have enough pokemon distributed for their designated type due to lame regional dex
>Way too many legendaries

The regional dex was so bad. Your team more than likely had one or more of these: Starter, Staraptor, Luxrary, Gyarados, Lucario, Bibarel, Garchomp
>>
At least Gen 4 got Platinum and HGSS to raise it to greatness, Gen 6 gets no saving grace at all.
>>
File: lack_of_new_Pokémon_.png (56KB, 480x713px) Image search: [Google]
lack_of_new_Pokémon_.png
56KB, 480x713px
>>28750386

only having 493 Pokémon in total.

4th generation of Pokémon only introduced 107 new Pokémon.

:(
>>
>>28751461
>Starter, Staraptor, Gyarados
Damn, you got me. I mean other good candidates I think are very commonly used pokemon in DP by players would be Roserade, and Rapidash.
>>
>>28751422
Im on shrooms too dude!
>>
>>28751461
>>28751727
Gone thru twice, used
Torterra Staraptor Gastrodon Rapidash Lucario Kricketune
Empoleon Staraptor Luxray Roserade Hippowdon Drifblim

And at this point I guess Im out of ideas if I did a next one. Crobat?
>>
>>28750386 (OP) #
Incorrect, gen 4 is best gen. And it will have the best remakes of any current or future pokemon remakes
>>
>>28751659
>>28752284
Oh boy, imagine how broken will Mega-Arceus be
>>
>>28750696
I feel like I'm one of the very few people who think that Platinum just topped off the shit cakes that DP were
>>
>>28751659
How many are catchable before the league? I'm not even sure there are 150 mons in the regional dex. Most of them are shitmons or slow as fuck bulky tanks. You need HMslaves all the time. And Surfing is sooooo slow. That final water route before the victory road is long as hell, full of trainers who all uses Gyarados. It was more annoying than Hoenn great sea.
>>
>>28752681

No Pokémon will ever broken.
>>
>>28752926

I was disappointed by lack of new Pokémon that 4th generation introduce.
>>
>>28750386
Fucking slow!!!

In the other hand, I love Sinnoh and I love the feeling this region makes me feel.
>>
>>28750386
I prefer diamond and pearl to platinum. Ugly outfit change, made the game easier and ruined any uniqueness
>>
>>28753114
Also, Dialga and Palkia have less weaknesses than Giratina.

>Palkia has 2 weaknesses: Dragon and Fairy
>Dialga has 2 weaknesses: Ground, Fighting
>Giratina has a whopping FIVE: Dragon, Fairy, Ghost, Ice and Dark

>>28753014
Gen 4 makes me so happy for some reason. I don't know why but I just love it.
>>
>>28753114
>ugly outfit change
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>28751344
>There was nothing wrong with GS other than the level curve

Boy I sure love not being able to catch or even SEE like half of the Gen 2 'mons until postgame!
>>
>>28753250
Johtoddlers don't consider it a problem because it's an "expansion".
>>
>>28750576

Both lack content so its casualization versus having a game dipped in molasses as a comparison between those two, I'll take easy over slow.
>>
>>28751026
Your taste is garbage, ORAS is a very, VERY good Pokemon game, one of the best ever.
>>
>>28750386
Cute Charm glitch/exploit. About a 20% chance to find a shiny Pokemon if you're PID/SID are close to the same number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WguzSA-QFuI
>>
>>28753250

I'm pretty sure you can catch every Pokémon before you fight Red, anon
>>
>>28754255
No shit anon. You can catch them all during the post game in any game.
>>
Only major flaw is the unbearable snail pace of everything from dialogue to battling. Platinum and HG/SS didnt feel as slow somehow, though.
>>
Who thought fog was a good idea?
>>
>>28752926
> slow as fuck bulky tanks
This is really what killed me, in one of the already slowest games in the franchise you're forced to use so many mediocre slow attackers with no decent STAB moves.
>>
>>28754328
>Platinum and HG/SS didnt feel as slow somehow
That's because they increased the speed very slightly.
>>
>>28754300

Kanto is not postgame.
>>
>>28754369
It certainly isn't the main game.
>>
Diamond/Pearl is my favorite version.
fight me.
>>
>>28752284
read the other posts here. Gen 4 had Platinum and HGSS, but it laso had the worst main games in the franchise.
>>
Platinum already fixed DP faggots.
>>
>>28754669
Yeah "fixed"
>>
>>28754369
Then what do you call something that you can only do after the credits roll?
>>
>>28750386
They're not that bad. Platinum is just better in every way so there's no point in playing them.
>>
>>28754701
thatsrightbitch.gif
>>
platinum was much better
atleast the e4 had teams made of the type they specialized in
>>
>>28751461
>>Way too many legendaries
no such thing senpai, legendaries are the best kind of pokemon.
>>
>>28750576
X/Y is better than D/P

that's how bad D/P are, gen 1 might even be better than D/P

holy shit fuck D/P, thank god for platinum
>>
>>28754548
Nothing wrong with it. Each generation is pretty good, albeit for different reasons.
>>
I played the shit out of those games. Honestly, the only one I didn't get much mileage out of was B/W.
>>
The Poketch. Oh god, the Poketch. It screams "we want the mobile phone audience." but provided next to no useful features.

Also, I'd like to submit to you the following:

The games COULD have been great, with one simple change: Make Mount Coronet less of a pain in the ass to get though, or at least make it smaller. The encounter rates in it were so damn high, and for little reason.

Yeah, there were dex issues too, what with the major lack of fire types, but this is something that every generation runs into, in different degrees. It's just more glaringly obvious in DP.
>>
>>28754063
you're funny
>>
>>28750386
HE'S BIGGER
>>
>>28754063
>remakes worse than emerald which came out 9 years prior

lol
>>
>>28753186
Steel and Water are broken defensively.
>>
>>28755357
>Emerald better than ORAS

According to a bog amount of vp users, yes.

According to the rest of the world, ORAS is better.
>>
>>28755913
do you have proofs? Sales aren't proof
>>
>>28755920
>Sales aren't proof
I hate ORAS, but I never thought that something this autistic would be posted.
>>
>>28756020
you can be tricked into buying shit

see batman vs superman sales
>>
i love diamond and pearl, the battle music for the main legendary battle makes me so nostalgic
>>
>>28755441
Personally, I like to imagine that Dialga and Palkia are opposites not only in powers, but in combat styles too: Dialga would be more defensive, while Palkia tries to get as many hard hits in as fast as he can.
>>
>>28750386
whoever decided defog should be a HM that isnt physical at all should really kill themselves
>>
>>28757663
their stats show the exaxt opposite
>>
>>28754726
The credits roll AFTER you beat Red faggot

>>28755011
>gen 1 might even be better than D/P
Why does everybody have such a massive hatred boner for gen 1? Did you not enjoy them with your friends when you were younger?
>>
>>28758467
What's funny is...glass cannons make up like 90% of my teams, and yet I chose pearl over diamond.
>>
The story feels really fucking forced and I don't like it. Same reason BW didn't jive with me
>>
File: 1474752945259.png (215KB, 674x597px) Image search: [Google]
1474752945259.png
215KB, 674x597px
>>28756059
>mfw we will never be able to stop nostalgiafaggotry
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.