[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real talk: Is this the best nuzlocke run to ever on record?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7

File: hqdefault.jpg (51KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
51KB, 480x360px
Real talk:
Is this the best nuzlocke run to ever on record?
>>
>>28750010
nah, everyone involved is a fucking faggot
>>
it's pretty fun honestly.
>>
>>28750010
Fuck yeah it is. Budge will be missed.
>>
>>28750059
>Charge Beam
>>
I've been having fun with it. Better then the LeafGreen one since they are not massively over-leveled and actually have a chance of one of their Pokemon dying. I kinda like seeing them adapt and play cautious and not just steamroll everything.
>>
>>28750072
BUDGE THE UNYIELDING HAS YIELDED!
>>
>>28750010
Marriland's nuzlockes and wedlockes have had very memoriable Pokemon and heartbreaking deaths
This run is pure fun because TFS are funny as hell and the deaths have been few but impactful unlike Leafgreen where barely anyone died
>>
File: 1473064989995.png (114KB, 328x749px) Image search: [Google]
1473064989995.png
114KB, 328x749px
When will Mr.Stake die?
>>
ProJared's FR/LG locke was also boss
>>
>>28750155
Never ever
Today's episode
>>
>>28750169
Fucking Nuptup
>>
>>28750155
NEVER.
MUURRRRRR STAKE
>>
>>28750155
Mr Stake will die fighting with Sandrew.
>>
>>28750223
A true killing machine. Made me love the oddish family
>>
Who will die next?

Mancrobat? MC Pinchee? Or maybe Sluckbo?
>>
>>28750010
I liked the FRLG one a but more, but Jesus they were overlevel for the end
>>
>>28750258
>implying Sluckbo will ever get used
>>
>>28750072
>Mamoswine is out
>Surge sends out Electrode
>They're afraid of Explosion, so they switch out to Budge, since he has Earthquake
>Instead of using Earthquake, they use Gyro Ball (not effective) just because they want to see it, and then use Bug Bite for no reason.
>Meanwhile, Electrode keeps increasing his Special attack thanks to Charge Beam
>Budge is a physical tank, not a special one
>When they finally get around to selecting Earthquake, Electrode kills them
It's their own damn fault
>>
post yfw Slowmara refused to die
>>
>>28750376
I knew it. She knows surf, so she won't die/leave.
>>
>>28750258
My bet is on Mancrobat since MC Pinchy, Coolhandluke and Mr.Steak have bulk for days and Sluckbo is rarely used however they'll probabaly use her against Sabrina which will be dangerous
>>
The Pryce fight was fun.

"Everything here is weak to Dewgong". Plus them going with the yawn strategy only to find out Dewgong had sleep talk.
>>
I haven't played HGSS in a while. How long until they reach a route in Kanto that doesn't have massively underleveled Pokemon?
>>
>>28750492
Never
>>
>>28750492
Literally never
>>
>>28750223
>>28750251
Reminder nuptup died against Koga the shortly after the game "crashed"
>>
>>28750513
>>28750521
Well shit, they're gonna have a hard time replacing Budge or any other deaths.
>>
>>28750766
Not to mention that they'll have to skip a couple upload days when they have to grind to face Red.
>>
>>28750010
No because Grant is the only tolerable person there.
>>
>>28750881
One of HGSS' biggest flaws is the lack of good places to grind.
>>
>>28750010
Not really, can't care for any nuzlocke where they constantly spam Potions during fights.

Personally, I loved BlackLightAttack's nuzlocke fun of Fire Red, made years ago, probably one of the first on YouTube.
>>
>>28751017
Fuck, I meant Leaf Green

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XfxhO_yDA8&list=PL7BDE668C319526F0
>>
The Elite Four run was obnoxious to sit through. They had looked up all of their opponents right down to their move lists, and kept using Full Restores every other fucking turn because "What if it crits?" when they had 90% of their HP. The rest of it's been fine- I've just been listening to it in the background while I play Pokemon and Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse on my couch.
>>
>>28750483
There have been a couple of good close calls in the run. Ivan "going Super Saiyan" by triggering the stat boost from Ancient Power twice and just barely preventing a total party kill was legitimately fun to watch, and it's funny to think that if Lani hadn't managed to convince the others to use the Rare Candies on MC Pinchee before the Elite Four (after about five minutes of arguing), they probably would have been TPK'd by Charizard, too.
>>
>They spend ten fucking minutes catching a level 4 Heracross

Just throw the goddamn Quick Balls, you fucks!
>>
Who /numbnexus/ here
>>
Misty's gonna fucking kill them
>>
>>28751619
Will Mr. Stake finally meet his end?
>>
>>28750544
What? What episode? He cheated?
>>
>>28751619
>What is Mr.Stake
>>
>>28751619
>implying she's still a Gym Leader after the trauma of seeing Wanda eat her Starmie
>>
>>28751683
2 of her Pokemon know Ice Beam
>>
>>28751680
Well here's something from the stream

The game crashed during Koga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2vS6nkuGV8

It happened earlier in the series, so it's probably not on purpose
>>
File: 1804.png (2KB, 239x258px) Image search: [Google]
1804.png
2KB, 239x258px
>>28750010
>this zero effort improv "comedy" is why abridged is dead

Let's Plays are cancer.
>>
>>28751805
>Zero effort
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oboDCf65dG8
>>
File: Edgar[1].jpg (498KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Edgar[1].jpg
498KB, 1920x1080px
>>28751836
>reading comprehension
>>
>>28751745
>that late reaction
>nonchalantly questioning what's going on
>that silence before the "crash" happens

Fucking cheater ass slutbag
>>
>>28750881
They should just use EXP cheats for that. Nobody would blame them.
>>
>>28751805
They've already stated that their gaming channel takes no time away from the Abridged shit, they have a full team of people working on this show now, you do realize that?

Plus the gaming channel is how they make 90% of their money anyway.
>>
>>28750937
Same goes for Black/White/2.
>>
I haven't watched TFS' Silver because it's way too long for me to catch up with because I have better things to do than watch 60 15-50 minute long videos when I can be doing something productive.

I like ProJared's Nuzlocke series (well, I like FR, the other ones suck because he's too stubborn) and Griffin McElroy's current Pokemon Y one is absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>28750010
Will they do a Nuzlocke run for Pokemon White?
>>
>>28752016
The way the XP was adjusted in Gen V made leveling up kind of an obnoxious chore in general and only encouraged the mass-slaughter of Audino like they were water buffalo on the Oregon Trail. I ended up clearing Black 1 with a completely shit team just because I didn't want to go through the hassle of training anything new.
>>
>>28752016
>Audinos in every route

what did he mean by this
>>
>>28752016
DUDE AUDINO LMAO
>>
>>28752074
It did however make it a lot easier to quickly level-up lower leveled Pokemon. It's a lot faster to make them catch up with the rest of the party in Nuzlocke runs.
>>
>>28752074
The worst part about the original Black/White is that there are no good Pokemon to catch until after the fifth gym so you usually just have a super beefed up starter and then you start catching interesting Pokemon.

In the sequels, the first four or so routes get you a good hefty supply of worthy Pokemon. That Ranch had awesome Pokemon so early in the game!

Also fuck all of you Audino fags. That is an absolute terrible excuse and one of the worst defenses for Gen V I have ever seen. Finding/grinding on Audinos is not fun. It's tedious and shit. Gen V are complete shit games and one of biggest reasons is the shit arbitrary ways of grinding, or lack thereof.
>>
>>28752016
hahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>28752073
Nah, it'll be AS.
>>
File: 1474173483392.jpg (12KB, 329x329px) Image search: [Google]
1474173483392.jpg
12KB, 329x329px
>>28752164
>Calling Gen V shit
>>
>>28752185
Is that just specualtion or did they say so?
>>
>>28752216
Gen V being considered "good" or "the best in the series" is a fucking meme that was started by summer fags. Look at literally any poll from before Summer this year and every single one has Gen V at the bottom.
>>
>>28752073
MasakoX already did one
>>
>>28752429
So?
>>
>>28752016

Maybe for the first hour but after that you got Audino's for days and then you get a mandatory lucky egg hafway through the game, and the Stadiums in Nimbasa city, Breeders in BW2, which usually have Pokemon with high exp yields. And then in Post Game, there's a plethora of areas to grind at.
>>
>>28750169
I hear this alot, but I personally can't get past his exaggerated reactions to everything and the voices he puts on
>>
>>28752164
I'd say Pinwheel is when you start seeing good Pokemon
>>
>>28750010
Not even close
>>
>>28752978
reccomend a good nuzlocke
>>
>>28750059
well fuck i hadnt watched the last 2 episodes yet. RIP budge
>>
>>28753183
It was so hilariously avoidable.

I've had brainfarts like that too, thats what makes it funny.
>>
>>28750883
not liking lani or kirran
>>
>>28752043
YT plus speed is your friend
>>
I swear if they use that fucking Snorlax. Bork ruined FrLg.

Hopefully getting their heracross will put them off the idea of that op pos
>>
>>28752353

Logical guess.

They did FrLg, started this like a month later due to popular demand. It would be unlikely they don't do Oras too, though it'll probably be after Uranium since they promised they'd do all of that.
>>
>>28750010
So excited for Btl. Bailey. Hope she makes it, Heracross is awesome.
>>
So, are they playing a hackrom to make Red's team match Lakigr's?
>>
>>28757549
We can only hope.
>>
>>28757549
Either Kirran or Grant (I can't tell them apart) altered the ROM to display a different message when releasing Pokemon, so it is possible.
>>
>>28757549
Yeah. That and the modified message for when you release a pokemon are the only changes though.
>>
It just isn't the same anymore, ever since Ivan Ooze died :(
>>
>>28756061
BORK LAAAAAAAAASERRRRRRRRRRRR!
He was the best part of Lakigr's team
>>
>>28750010
No. I hate their nuzlocke series. Best is Cosmonaut Variety Hour nuzlocke and you can never change my mind. It is fact.
>>
>>28757668
WILL NOT BE MISSED
>>
>>28752003
IDK how people don't realize that.

Kirran, Grant, and Zito have almost no impact on the show. Lani finishes his lines before everyone else does, and Taka is in 1 short weekly LP.

The bulk of the time is taken up by editing and Kaiser is rarely in the LPs.
>>
Pkmnrob is literally the only nuzlocke series worth fucking watching, ever.
>>
So will this Heracross be good?
>>
>>28752164

>no good Pokemon until after the 5th gym
>krookadile
>scolipede
>whimsicott
>lilligant
>excadrill
>gothitelle/reuniculus
>emolga
>blitzle

What constitutes a good pokemon for you?
>>
>>28752414
I bet your favorite games are hgss.
>>
>>28760530
I only ever played SS in Japanese and never in English. I like it a lot. I'll have to play it in English to have a real opinion.
>>
>>28750010
Both TFS nuzlockes are good, 2nd one got kind of annoying with the slowmara meme after a while but it's good again now
>>
>>28758409
Nigga, I have a gaming channel and know tons of people who edit shit for a living. Trust me, editing something like the abridge shouldn't take a month. I'd understand two weeks, but come the fuck on, how can people argue that DBZA is hard work, when the bulk of everything is already laid out for them?

Fucking shit like Caddicarus, as bad as it gets, probably takes more work than Abridged.
>>
>>28761894
Do you even seen what they did with DBZ? They're altering whole scenes and creating new ones using old footage, they add/delete frames and single elements here and there.

>>28759909
Yes. And it will die will not be missed.
>>
>>28751956

People would absolutely blame them. I remember, some time ago, a guy was linking people to his black nuzlocke and had cheats on. He offered it was to reduce grinding, but everybody called him a faggot until he went offline.
>>
>>28757662
What about all the corrupted Trainer names of random synbols and question marks?
>>
>TFS
These guys are fine, gonna check their nuzlockes now.
>>
So, /vp/, why does America suck in nuzlocke runs and never puts any effort into their series, like drawing every caught Pokemon, every gym trainer and every Elite 4 member

https://youtu.be/lWShz8aHxe8?t=5m28s
>>
>>28750010
>Watching Let's plays
You make me sick
>>
>>28762742
>Liking something I don't like
What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>28762350
Was that the same dude who still got his entire team destroyed by a wild pokemon.
>>
>>28762732
>Polandfag
I hope you've seen Wirgliusz's playthrough as well, it wasn't nuzlocke, but it was one of the best series I've seen.
>>
I'm watching their LG right now, it's entertaining but has too much grinding.
>>
>>28762755
Maybe. I remember a Hiker sweeping him with a Swords Dance Gligar outside the Transfer Lab.

It's been a long time, when the game had first released.

>>28763429

Grinding is subjective based on skill level. These guys are managing to fuck up with a level gap and thus need every single bit of it. It's a buffer for the sake of viewers.
>>
>>28751896
To be fair, Jared kept getting shitty crits dealt against him. Nuptup was pretty stable as a team player, so I say he deserved to let that one slide.
>>
>>28762644
He fucked up a line of code or something when hacking the ROM. That stuff isn't intentional.
>>
>>28750128
the champion battle of his emerald nuzlocke was one of the most retarded things i've ever watched
>>
what are the best nuzlockes from a skill perspective? specifically ones where they don't over grind, don't spam items, don't abuse dupes clause and don't use god tier pokes?
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.