[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we say what we like and dislike about Sun and Moon so far.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11

File: 412356468326.jpg (40KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
412356468326.jpg
40KB, 550x366px
I like that the community actually seems split on the version they want to get for once.

I dislike that so much has been shown and also the lazy explanation for Alolan Raichu, I hope it gets explained in game though.
>>
>>28747107
>split
yeah no, everyones getting sun fag
>>
>>28747149
Wow, you just must be such a pleasant individual to converse with.
>>
>>28747174
>my thread is shit wah

yeah cry harder fag
>>
I particularly like the roster of new Pokémon.
I dislike the possibility of 80% of the new Pokémon being revealed already. If we get less than 100 I'll be mad.
>>
>>28747195
w e w l a d
I was trying to just get a conversation going and you act all rude, who hurt you as a child?
>>
>>28747215
I agree with this, I hope there's at least 100 mons, would love it if some forgotten gen 4 mons got some love but maybe d/p remakes will bring that with it.
*if they get remade.
>>
>>28747107
The explanation for Alolan Raichu is that no one knows why it adapted the way it did, there isn't a in-game scientific explanation as to why it did
>>
File: size scale hight sun moon.jpg (59KB, 1242x376px) Image search: [Google]
size scale hight sun moon.jpg
59KB, 1242x376px
>>28747107
I love almost everything but:
>No long hair for guys/short hair for girls.
>The fact you cant ride YOUR OWN POKEMON
>Hights of models in game.
>Some animations of attacks look too weird (like the tail one)
>>
>>28747215
>>28747260
It's been hinted by the riddler that we're getting 108 pokemon. Whether that includes alolan forms, I don't know.
>>
>You still can't ride your own pokemon
>Half of the new pokemon are probably gonna be shit, as is tradition

Other than that I'm looking forward to play Moon.
>>
Only thing i dislike is that 80% of the new cries are kind of shit.

Also Alola forms being gen 1 only.
>>
>>28747107
>Dislike
>The absolutely massive amount of genwun pandering

>Like
Everything else
>>
File: 1474564307660.png (82KB, 363x358px) Image search: [Google]
1474564307660.png
82KB, 363x358px
>>28747107
I'm still worried that the amount of concepts won have time to breathe. Gusma, UB's the Island Challenge and the related threads, the legendaries and Aether. One or two of these is getting shafted.

Don't like that we still probably won't have stat or ability updates to Pokemon that need them.

Genwunner pandering.

Frame rate drops in battle, and during the picture taking mini game

Version exclusive evolution sounds stupid as hell. Some Pokemon look bad. But only some.

Everything else looks appealing.
>>
>>28747563
>>28747499
As someone who's first game was Pokemon blue...I agree, I loved the games and it makes me happy to see the genwun pandering but I think other gens deserve as much love if not more.
>>
>>28747660
I'm actually terrified if the frame drops are terrible, I'm actually looking to do a soul link nuzlocke with my friend.
>>
>>28747107
Like the upgraded graphics, alolas, jangmo-o and others, hyper training, upgraded customization.

But it's going to be XY 2.0 all over again, full of gimmicks like Pokéride, Poké finder, Battle Royal and people will eat that up. All GF needs to do is to get their best from 20 years of pokémon and put that on a game. It doesn't need Ultra Beasts, over the top moves with dancing, or change the formula at all because face it, with or without gyms pokémon it's never going to be hard and Pokéride will be as restricted as it was in XY.
>>
>>28747749
>tfw I still haven't played x/y
>>
>>28747749
Yeah, I find it a bit odd that people suddenly feel Gyms were holding the series back or something.

Gyms has never stopped them from telling the story they want, and whether it not they exist doesn't show how different a story is. The Pokemon stories are all very different despite having similar beats.

>>28747718
The drops are very apparent now. At first I wasn't sure but Noe they show up in practically every trailer. I'm very curious to see how a triple battle with full scale models and the trainers in the background will run.
>>
For some dumbass reason, Raichu getting alola form, but Pikachu and Pichu being shafted. Especially with the Marowak line. Seeing something brown and ground type evolve into ghost fire like that is the worst thing in this game. I don't know what GF was thinking
>>
>>28747107

>I hate that so much has been shown

We aren't even close baby

They need to justify reasons to buy this game

This isnt gen 6 where all they had was WHOOA 3D AND MEGA'S

Sun and Moon needed to prove it's a great game that needs to be played and they are doing it very well
>>
The only real thing that is pissing me off is the Z-ring thing. From what it seems Megas might get shafted in order to show off the Z-ring stuff. It's stupid cause Megas were a central theme in Gen 6 and a huge thing in general so if GF decided not to give them any new support I feel it would have been a waste of creating them in the first place.

Even though I dislike the concept of Megas I still would rather have new ones over the Z-type things
>>
>>28747387

Girls have options for every style to be long or short actually

You can't really be nitpicky about riding Pokemon, they are services the island provides to replace HM's

In a game that needs precise angles, they can't just scale all the Pokemon models, this isn't Battle revolution where you have a 360 view
>>
>>28747107
Like the graphics, return of some XY features, general idea for new region

Dislike the fact that so far nothing guarantees GF addresing the gen 6 issues. We're several months in but any 20th annivesary stuff or large post game isnt even hinted at. Battle Royal kinda kills PWT and BF idea and thats sad
>>
>>28747107
Don't like
>Alola's name is just one letter away from "aloha."
They couldn't have made the Hawaii theme more obvious if they wanted.
>Hau
I want to break his fucking chipmunk teeth with a Hi Jump Kick
>The main characters are 10 years old and they look their age
>There are a lot of clothing options, but because of reason #2, it all looks like kiddie shit, especially the boy's clothing
>I hate Alolan Raichu's backstory too
>They had to put a Professor Oak because muh nostalgia
>Palossand
>Bewear
>The Z move's dance looks dumb
>The names of Tapu Koko and Type: Null but just because they trigger my autism

Neutral:
>No gyms
I've got to wait until I play the game to see how that will work out.
>Bruxish
>Drampa
I hated them at first, but now I'm just neutral about them.
>The Hawaii theme in general
I hate Alola's name, but I'm neutral about the fact that the game takes place in a Hawaii-based region. I would've liked better if they went back to Japan, and some other theories seemed cool, but I don't mind that we didn't get that.

Like:
>Everything about the story so far
If Aether turns out to good, I'll burn my copy of the game and I'll stream it.
>All the other Pokémon are cool
>The music sounds very good so far
>>
>>28747926
I'm glad that Pikachu stayed the same, but seeing it get a Z-Move

Plus the evo getting a Regional Variant

That also gets a Z-Move

Plus a Pokemon inspired by it

Plus the pikaclone

Just so much for Chu in one game on top of what it usually gets
>>
>>28747107
>Like

Pretty much everything, except..

>Dislike

Ultra Beasts, holy shit
>>
Like: the new formal once in over 20 years

Dislike: starters evolution . First time I'm boxing them
>>
>>28747149
But that's clearly wrong you retard.
>>
>dude let's give the new special snowflake forms to EXCLUSIVELY genwun mons and give 4x weaknesses to genwun shitmons that didn't have them before
>framerate death has not been fixed and is going to be even worse due to trainer models being on-screen now

Other than that, I love everything about the games
>>
>>28747107
>Like
Grass and Water starters
Island hopping
Concept of UBs
The mystery going on with Type: Null and Aether and shit
Team Skull in general. Nice break from all the huge antagonists with world-shattering plots.
Big Made up of Little Fish
Day Rockruff
Buffsquito
The time difference thing between the two versions sounds interesting
The music and themes have been amazing

>Dislike
Luchalitten
That fucking retarded dragon looking thing
The Big Fish Made of Little Fish is just a form change instead of an evolution. I probably won't be putting it on my team for this reason.
Z moves
Alolan Form Marowak. Holy fucking shit how do you mess up this badly.
Pretty much nothing but Gen 1 pokemon have been getting any of the limelight. Probably due to GO! being as popular as it was so maybe there's a chance we'll get something for later gens and they just haven't show it because it won't grab the most people that wouldn't already be buying it.
>>
>>28748437
I feel all these form changes are here to give us a lot of new Mons but keep the number low. We get one bird that has 4 types instead of 4 birds.
>>
>>28748437
>Probably due to GO! being as popular as it was
I doubt they went back to rework an entire mainline Pokemon game because of GO's popularity just to add in gen 1 pandering.
>>
>Dislike
The large focus on gen one. I would have liked if they sprinkled the attention across multiple generations
The possible fear that the two versions will have different main villain teams, like Ruby and Sapphire, and Sun will focus on Skull being the final villains
The walking animation, looks really awkward

>Like
Everything else, at this moment, besides what I listed above, I cannot see anything I really dislike about Sun and Moon so far.
>>
>>28747149
I'm getting moon, tard
>>
>>28748540
>Pretty much nothing but Gen 1 pokemon have been getting any of the limelight.
>getting any of the limelight.
> limelight
I'm not saying they only made the entire system and forms changes for gen 1 pokemon because of GO!

What i'm saying is that they might've already had a bunch of Alolan versions and forms and Z moves and all this other shit for a bunch of pokemon across all gens, but GO! got so much exposure that slapping a Snorlax or a Rattata on a trailer will have those people that only messed with GO! going "Hey I know that pokemon! Why does it look so different?" and have them gaining interest in the main game.

What i'm naively hoping for is that there's a bunch of the new stuff for all kinds of pokemon, but marketing just went with what would pull in the widest audience.
>>
>Dislike
Genwun pandering
Version exclusive evolutions
The starter evos
A few designs but that comes with every generation, it's inevitable

>Worries
The story won't be as good as it promises to be
The trials won't be as exciting as it seems
Few human bosses NPCs
Z-moves turn out to be either useless or completely broken in competitive

>Likes
Everything else
>>
I like that they're changing up a lot of the old stand-bys of the series. Gyms are gone, HMs are gone, the league is gone. Instead of loosely stringing the player along through a series of 8 arbitrary gym challenges because that's how it's always been, they're letting the story itself dictate the flow of progression.

I dislike Z-Moves. I dislike their concept (a super duper nuke that you can only use one time that everyone gets) doesn't seem all that interesting on its own, but aside from that I can see it getting bland and difficult to balance. First we were led to believe that all Z-moves are just nukes, but then Eevee shows that they can do other effects too, which raises the conundrum of how they can balance non-nukes against nukes. More than that, comparing them to megas it would seem that they're going to devote a good chunk of the game to introduce/tutorial the concept to the player, much like XY had the whole Mega Lucario battle, which might break the pacing of the game, which is especially worrisome if they get outstaged by another new feature in gen VIII, much like what seems to be the case for megas (regardless if they're present or not, its undeniable that Z-moves have a much bigger focus than megas now). I think this sets a bad precedent of introducing a "revolutionary" new core feature each gen just for it be sidelined/removed/ignored next gen.
>>
>>28747107
If you are honestly upset about Alolan Raichu's explanation, I implore to look through old Pokedex entries then swiftly kys.
>>
File: 1452471359838.jpg (47KB, 420x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452471359838.jpg
47KB, 420x500px
>>28748755
>Few human bosses NPCs
>>
>like
pretty much everything that has been shown except for the things I dislike

>dislike
z-moves, and only generation 1 pokemon getting forms.
>>
>>28748437
Oh yeah. I forgot:

>Like
No HMs. Holy shit how amazing. I'll actually have a full usable team instead of 5 + one random Bibarel.
Hypertraining: I can't believe that's a thing.

>Dislikes
Sun Legendary. I think it looks dumb. One of the few things I think Moon trumps Sun in is with the box legendary.

>>28748755
Those worries are mine as well barring the trials since I don't expect them to be good at all to start with.
>>
>>28748437
Which dragon? There are 4
>>
>>28748968
>only gen 1 pokemon get alola forms
Vulpix isn't gen 1. Why do people always cherrypick?
>>
>>28749151
Are you feeling well, anon? Need to sit down for a bit?
>>
>>28749092
Had to look it up. Drampa.
>Drampa can have the Berserk Ability, an Ability that no other Pokémon has ever had. With the Berserk Ability, this Pokémon’s Sp. Atk will go up by 1 when its HP drops below half.
That doesn't seem very useful either.

ALSO, in the process of looking for the name I found this:
>Since Pokémon pretty much end up all dirty after battling another Pokémon, Pokémon Refresh will allow players to clean them up by brushing the dirt off of them. Poisoned and paralyzed Pokémon can also be cured through this feature, so that every Pokémon can get back into shape fast following an intense battle.
>Pokémon Refresh can also be used to ensure that each Pokémon would become stronger and more equipped for battle. The feature lets players pet their Pokémon and feed them Poké Beans for strength and good health. The Pokémon Company noted that pampering Pokémon have some perks — a Pokémon can dodge attacks during battles or hold out in battles instead of fainting early on.

First i've heard of it. Could be good or very tedious depending on how the actual thing works.
>>
>>28748021

>Inplying they'll hint at post game before Launch

The only exception was ORAS because they needed to tell you what was new compared to RS

>Battle Royale kills PWT and BF idea

Yeah just like Double Battles, Triple Battls, and Rotation did right :^)
>>
>>28749231
No, just like a big fancy battle arena called Battle Royal Dome kills the idea of Battle Dome which is a part of Frontier.

If they've built one big ass Battle Facility they wont bother with another one, simple as that
>>
>>28749211

This is specifically after a battle

In pretty sure your free to use the regular items to heal during and outside battles as well, this is just an option

Otherwise the others are literally what Pokemon Amie did
>>
>>28749151
Bait
>>
Z-moves have done little to look like they're a game-changing thing. At best Eevee becomes more useful in-game. And whether trial captains are an interesting improvement or they're just reskinned gym leaders is up in the air.
>>28747107
fuck (you)
>>
File: 1474168534868.png (103KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
1474168534868.png
103KB, 300x226px
>>28749409
>fuck (you)
Uncalled for.
>>
File: 1468027560106.jpg (208KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468027560106.jpg
208KB, 800x800px
>>28747107

Like:
>Removed gyms and replacing with something new
>Looking like it'll be more story-focused
>two teams that aren't exactly alike
>characters look more expressive
>character customization is back
>the new system which replaces HMs
>everything in full sized 3D models
>Ultra Beasts

Dislike:
>Hyper Training instead of getting rid of IVs and coming up with a new system
>A lot of the new pokemon don't look good to me. There are only about 2 or 3 I like and one of them is a legendary (tapu koko)
>Litten and Popplio's final evolutions, I love Rowlet's but I hate picking the grass type
>How both UB-02's are in separate versions (could be wrong)
>There isn't a huge change to the battle or level system yet
>still no confirmation on difficulty modes
>>
>>28749465
oh fuck, I meant this guy >>28747149 sorry.
>>
File: 1471526013724.png (191KB, 226x453px) Image search: [Google]
1471526013724.png
191KB, 226x453px
>>28749804
's all good, man.
>>
>>28748826
Are you saying its comparable to a Pokemon gaining a type because "we don't know, but maybe it ate food"
>>
I dislike the sheer amount of genwun pandering and that all the alolan forms for pokemon have been genwun, and all the pikapandering jesus fuck.

I like damn near everything else. Alolan forms, the new pokemon designs, shaking up the old formula, the time difference between versions, so on and so forth.

All in all I'm more hyped for these games than I have been for any other pokemon games in a long time.
>>
>>28747149
>/vp/ is one person
>>
>>28750116
Yeah, the amount of Pika pandering is pretty ridiculous. Can't wait for the Pichu Z Crystal
>>
I really liked XY's prerelease, turned out the games were shit. SM looks good, but that doesn't seem to be of much importance.
>>
File: 1461341235479.jpg (89KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1461341235479.jpg
89KB, 360x360px
>>28752555
check'd
>>
>>28747107
So far it's easier for me to say dislikes, since there are so few. I pretty much like everything shown so far so that's a long list.

I'm not liking that all the Alolan forms are looking to be from gen 1 alone. That might not be the case, but so far it looks like it. I'm digging them, but I want to see more from other generations as well. That's all I have to critique, really.
>>
>>28752555
Same
>>
>Dislike
>The absolutely massive amount of genwun pandering

>Like
Everything else
>>
>>28748186
>he wants to box these and didn't box the Gen. 5 starters

wew
>>
>>28747107
Like: New Pokemon

Dislike: z moves
>>
Like:almost everything
Dislike: edgewolf and oranguru and morelull and Mudsdale
>>
>>28752742
He probably has only played Pokémon rumble and picross
>>
>>28747107
So far I dislike:
>no new Mega Evolutions yet
>only Kanto Alola Forms so far
>a few of the Pokémon's names

I'm optimistic. I like everything else so far.
>>
>>28747948
Seroously. All we really know is that aome shit is in these games, but not to what extent.
Only 4 trial captains shown, and we have no idea how trials playout beaides the fetchquest. Like are there minigamea for stuff like Kiawae' dances?
We know RotomDex is a minimap, but to what extent? Loke does it work as a DexNav as well, and does it mean we can have several trials going?
No idea of the depth for stuff like Pokemon Ride or Pokefinder. Are there situational Pokemon for unique blends of HMs , or how many upgrades to the camera we get are unknown.

Then we have no real idea on the story, what else there is to do, where you gain festival coins from and what else they are used for besides clothing, and there have been no other online features besides battling shown so far, and if O-Powers kr something similar returns.

That's my only issue actually, on the surface its looking to be gold. We have no idea on the depth of it all however.
>>
Gen 1 pandering so far.
>>
>>28753237
Like or dislike?
>>
Like:The general vibe and foreignness, the world seems interesting.

Dislike:Rotomdex
>>
>>28747215
We're probably gonna get over 100. There's already been 44 pokemon revealed, and we know there's six more for the starters, 3 more guardians, a 3 psuedo line (unless it's Jangmo-o then only 2), and there are a few pokemon who probably have evolutions, like Bousweet or Morelull, so all in all I estimate 65 "known" pokemon. We didn't have nearly this many pokemon known for X and Y. We knew about half of the pokemon released, so looks likely over 100 new ones.
>>
>genwunner pandering

i can take the other changes and the new pokemon but genwunner pandering is the where i draw the arceusdamn! line!.
>>
>>28748028
>They couldn't have made the Hawaii theme more obvious if they wanted
I remember a time people would call you an autist for saying that
>>
>>28747749
>over the top moves with dancing
It took me this long to figure out that Tierno was foreshadowing Z moves.
>>
>>28752622
this
>>
>>28747387
We've seen 5 hairstyles out of what appears to be 15+ my man
>>
>>28752504
Pichu Z Crystal - The trainer literally picks up Pichu and beats the everliving shit out of the enemy Pokemon/UB.
>>
>>28753474
If its more than a hundred its probably not more than 110
>>
>>28747107
>split
Isn't like, every gen a 51/49 split between the "Red" and "Blue" versions?
>>
The Genwunner pandering is at least as bad as XY. XY had a large amount of Kanto Pokemon in the Pokedex, Mega Kanto Starters, Kanto Legendaries, warp tiles, free Lapras, sleeping Snorlax, Pidgey programmed as the game's first wild encounter and numerous other references.

Only Kanto Pokemon get Alolan Forms, Red makes a return, Prof. Oak's cousin, Alolan Raichu, Pikachu, Snorlax, and Eevee get Z-Moves. A ghost dressed like Pikachu. God dam this region could be more obsessed with sucking Kanto's dick than Kalos.
>>
>>28747107
>The shit I hate about something I can't evaluate properly
>pre-ordered the cocksucker fan edition
>impatient for hentai pokemon fan-art for new gen
>bash Gamefreak for doing what they want with their product.

Good job anon.
>>
>>28757632
Are you okay?
>>
File: 1461468740093.png (427KB, 514x662px) Image search: [Google]
1461468740093.png
427KB, 514x662px
>>28757632
>>
>>28757627
kind of kekked, also we don't know if Red is returning - it's highly likely that Blue shows up as well since he was mentioned in X/Y.
>>
I don't think anyone said it in this thread but I dislike the genwunner pandering
>>
File: c62.jpg.jpg (469KB, 1100x1000px) Image search: [Google]
c62.jpg.jpg
469KB, 1100x1000px
scrub lurker here, haven't kept up with sun/moon info, but I've been interested. I couldn't get into X when it came out, something about the slower/unpolisjed ui+gameplay and aesthetic turned me off and I couldn't get into it, skipped omegaruby completely, but I loved all of the DS games

from what you've seen do you think sun/moon might click for me? I'm really itching for a good pokemon game, but obviously worried that it'll be a lukewarm experience
>>
File: 1365359524834 (2).jpg (137KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
1365359524834 (2).jpg
137KB, 323x454px
>Lycanroc and Oricorio have different forms instead of being different species
>>
>>28747387
>No short hair for girls
>Default girl hair is short
??
>>
I like how beautiful the game looks. I don't like how it seems the game will still have the frame rate issues the gen 6 games had in battles outside single.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.