[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon World General #3 /pwg/: Study Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: espeon.jpg (153KB, 564x802px) Image search: [Google]
espeon.jpg
153KB, 564x802px
Welcome to the third Pokemon World General thread! (or /pwg/ for short)

This is the place to discuss the inner workings of the pokemon world and to post your own headcanon and theories. You may also discuss what you would do if you were able to become a pokemon trainer and how life would be for you.

Some examples of previous discussion has been:
What types of pokemon are the easiest and hardest to train?
Where do the classic starter pokemon come from?
Is it ethical to battle and capture pokemon?
Which region and town would you want to live in?
What are artificial pokemon (porygon, golett etc)? Where do they come from?

This is the place to let your autism shine! However, no roleplaying allowed. There are other threads and boards for that.

Previous Threads:
>>28717491
>>28730841
>>
>>28745107
>What are artificial pokemon (porygon, golett etc)? Where do they come from?

I think artificial pokemon are basically regular items (computer program or statue) that have somehow been given a pokemon "essence." Kind of like a posession.

I imagine that pokemon like Golett and Claydol were probably given a spirit through religious or ceremonial customs many years ago.

Another question for the thread, why do psychics and hex maniacs seem to be the only trainer classes to have mystical powers? What makes them have a closer connection to psychic or ghost pokemon than the average pokemon trainer?

I've always wondered why it's just kind of accepted that some trainer classes just have superpowers for almost no reason.
>>
Another question I've been pondering is the definite of a pokemon trainer. Most NPC's we meet in the pokemon world have a pokemon or two in their house. Are they pokemon trainers? If so do they need licenses? Or are people allowed to have one or two pokemon without a license? Or something else entirely?

Also in-game and in the anime a pokemon trainer can start their adventure/career at age 10. I'm assuming that in our world it would be at the age of 18-21.

Also, does each professor give out starter pokemon to the following towns? So everyone around that area gets to choose from bulbasaur/squirtle/charmander/etc or would you be able to get a hand-me-down or catch your own?
>>
File: hey.png (28KB, 452x420px) Image search: [Google]
hey.png
28KB, 452x420px
>>28745955
>Also in-game and in the anime a pokemon trainer can start their adventure/career at age 10
Was it actually ever started in-game? I am fairly sure it's just an anime thing.

You're not telling me that these kids are ten.
>>
>>28745981
I thought it was mention in r/b/y but I could be wrong. Haven't played those games in a really long time.

Hmm, so I guess kids can have one or two pokemon without need a license? That's kinda neat.
>>
>>28745981
Look 18 to me.
>>
Why do the majority of pokemon trainer specialize in one or two types?

Is it just out of their own interest? Or is there some logical reason for it(money, time, accessibility, etc)?
>>
I feel like dragon, poison, and ghost would be the hardest to train just for the danger of getting near them.

Psychic pokemon could also be dangerous given that almost all of them have telekinesis or mind-messing powers.
>>
One last bump.

Where did all the contributers go? The first thread I thought did okay and people wanted this to continue. Ah. Well.

If someone else wants to take over these threads, you have my gratitude. I don't think I can keep posting these threads daily.
>>
What role does the local gym leader play in the affairs of your hometown? Do they teach local trainers, lead cultural events, or something like that? I'm from Cherrygrove and I've always wondered what it's like to have a gym leader in town. We don't even have a mayor, really.
>>
File: 1470534634821.jpg (287KB, 850x1165px) Image search: [Google]
1470534634821.jpg
287KB, 850x1165px
>>28745428
Know what would be really cool? I f we eventually got a tech legendary that is basically the source of all non-organic pokemon.
I don't watch transformers but i imagine that's what the AllSpark is.

>>28749057
I can only guess it's similar to what Kahunas do in Alola. Or what the Hokage is in Naruto, they're the strongest trainers in the city and act as guardians.

>>28748534
I wasn't around for a week, I bet the first thread was fun.
>>
>>28749763
I linked them in the first post if you want to go read through them. Don't go through the second one though, it was taken over by a newfag asking me why the rp threads were gone.

Here's the first one:
>>28717491

I really like the tech legendary idea. I could see there being a game based on nature vs. technology pretty easily.
>>
File: японски макак.jpg (282KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
японски макак.jpg
282KB, 1080x720px
So I'm from Snowpoint City and I'm thinking about moving to Lavaridge Town to do some research on hot springs. I really want to open a hot spring spa here and I've heard Lavaridge has one of the best ones.
My question is what should I expect from Hoenn? How different are the people? The climate? I know I'm going to miss the snow but are there any other huge differences?
>>
>>28745107
>What types of pokemon are the easiest and hardest to train?
I think it mostly depends on what type of trainer you are. Some pokemon need more love while you need to be more stern with others.
If we generalize by types, I'd say it'd be harder to train fire types, at least until they learn how to control their fire and not burn everything down
>>
File: interestgrabbed.png (291KB, 354x306px) Image search: [Google]
interestgrabbed.png
291KB, 354x306px
>>28745955
See, think the whole "starting your career at ten" and starter pokemon thing was an anime-only thing.

If you remember the games, starter pokemon arent given to you as a "beginning of your trainer" career type thing.

In Gen 1 it's cuz your dumb ass was about to walk into tall grass so Oak let you choose between 3 rare Pokemon.

In Gen 2, Elm needed an errand done so he gave you a Pokemon to help you out.

Gen 3 Birch was being attacked and let you keep the Pokemon you grabbed from his bag to save him.

Etc.
>>
>>28750749
Ahh, you're right.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.