[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think megas will be removed? Mega Evolution was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Mega.png (23KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Mega.png
23KB, 150x150px
Why do people think megas will be removed? Mega Evolution was the main new feature in Gen 6 and to get rid of all that work just doesn't make sense. Plus in a recent trailer we see Sina and Dexio returning with an interesting item in their wrists. I'm just voicing my opinion that Megas will not be removed
>>
>>28743740
It's about 2/3'a shitposting and a third of not actually wanting megas back. Also it's a feature of gen to sometimes not include things a generation later, like Season or that exp system only for them to be bright back again later

if megas do comeback there will be no reason to play gen 6 or things to make it unique
>>
>>28743763
>if megas do comeback there will be no reason to play gen 6 or things to make it unique
As if there's a reason now?
Remember: can't battle with new gens.
Can't trade from new gens.
And the Wifi options will be shut off a short while after the new gen goes live.
See: Gen5 now.
>>
>>28743740
The megas we already have will be in the game, we just won't get any new ones in the SM
>>
>>28744285
>The megas we already have will be in the game, we just won't get any new ones in the SM

We still have two months of promotion and more than 2 reveals so they can easily introduce new megas
>>
>>28743740
>Why do people think megas will be removed?
It's not about thinking it's about hope. I HOPE mega evolution will be removed. It never felt like pokemon to me.

Temporary evolution felt like a really really shitty gimmick to catch the hearts of ADD children. I just hope it will be removed. I don't really think it will though, but I have hope.

Also I would say 3D models were the main new feature in Gen 6.
>>
>>28744348
If you thik megas are childish then what are Z-moves? If megas are not very Pokemon then what are Ultra beasts

Even if megas would be removed (they wont) you still get more stuff that is even more childish and less Pokemon-like
>>
This thread is now Capumon, discuss.
>>
>>28744369
this desu
>>
>>28743740
>Plus in a recent trailer we see Sina and Dexio returning with an interesting item in their wrists.

They're staying in an All Inclusive Alolan resort, those are the wristbands from the resort.
>>
I don't think there will be any new megas right now, at least not until the next gen 7 games

but that doesn't mean megas will stop existing, which some trolls/retards keep claiming
>>
>>28744369
Z moves are a silly gimmick, but they don't bother me.
Ultra beasts just seem like a new flavor of legendary pokemon, and it's yet unknown if they are going to be gimmicky or not

Pokemon is about Nature, growing up, changing, and cock fights/bug catching. It breaks the metaphor when the creatures that are evolving literally to represent your character evolution de-evolve at the end of the cock fight.

So I'm saying it doesn't feel like Pokemon to me. I even liked some of the megas; I'm looking at you Mawile. I just don't think it fits in well with Pokemon.

It would have felt better to me if Mega's were permanent evolutions for Pokemon that needed them that weren't tied to levels and had some kind of gimmick of their own.
>>
>>28744441
And the wristband has the mega logo just because the hotel is themed, right?
>>
>>28744532
I honestly expect Megas to be in the post game but not during the story.
>>
>>28744348
Well those hopes can now be thrown in the garbage can cause they really are returning.
>>
You're wrong anyway: some pokemon don't evolve at all, so there.
>>
>>28744527
There's a word to describe someone coming up with a highly subjective opinion and meaning of a given interest and then assert that his opinion/meaning must be believed and followed by all future content for said interest. It's escaping me what that word is at this moment but it will come to me.
>>
>>28744527
>It breaks the metaphor when the creatures that are evolving literally to represent your character evolution de-evolve at the end of the cock fight
I guess moves like Swords Dance and Calm Mind are also not Pokemon.
>>
>>28744274
I mean like Following Pokemon PWT Battle Frontier Joint Avenue ect.
>>
>>28744659
Ssssh..next he will argue that forms changing mid-battle aren't the same thing as megas and that they have a "different feeling".
>>
>>28744650
>and then assert that his opinion/meaning must be believed and followed by all future content for said interest
I'm not doing that, I'm just saying I don't like it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (975KB, 1066x601px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
975KB, 1066x601px
>>
>>28744676
>it's not pokemon to do X

That's precisely what you're doing.
>>
>>28744697
I'm telling you why I dislike something, and that I hope it's influence is lessened or removed. At no point in time did I make any demands.

But yes, I don't feel that Megas line up with what Pokemon is at its core. That's why I don't like them. I am no, however, 'and then assert that his opinion/meaning must be believed and followed.' I am perfectly fine with you enjoying the things I dislike.

I was just trying to ad some rational to the raving anti-mega idiots.

>>28744659
I don't get it.
>>28744673
Whatever.
>>
Capumon. NOW
>>
>>28743740
There is no reason. No good one, anyway.

The main argument is "they haven't been shown, its suspicios!", yet when they show up in promotional material, or in merchandise, or are straight up referenced outright, those are all somehow not actually straight out confirmation, because of some new, convoluted reason each time.
Hell, they could show up in a trailer, and people would probably still claim "b-b-but beta footage!"
>>
>>28745320
None of the things we've seen so far has been beta footage as far as I can tell. The only change in ANYTHING was the water pokemon building, and that was from concept art, not actual footage. Everything else has retained all of it's elements, down to the last detail.
>>
>>28744757
>I'm telling you why I dislike something, and that I hope it's influence is lessened or removed.

Anon. That's what I said that you insist you're not doing. Come on, anon.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.