[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trial Captains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

File: 1473333234769.png (2MB, 1789x1871px) Image search: [Google]
1473333234769.png
2MB, 1789x1871px
How many trial captains do you think there will be? Are they the equivalent of gym leaders or those are the kahunas? And do we get to battle them? There was no real indication of this but I really hope we do.
>>
17 trial captains. One for each type.
>>
>>28743569
but anon there are 18 types
>>
>>28743578
Except dark of course.
>>
Nice catch with those poses, I never noticed them before.

I'm not sure how much they straying away from the "8 badges and elite 4" formula for game progression, between trials, kahunas, totems, team skull and Ultra Beasts, it's gonna be either a longer and deeper game, or just a mess.
>>
16 + 1 Z move gained from both the Aether Foundation and Team Skull
>>
File: lel.gif (2MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
lel.gif
2MB, 359x202px
>>28743584
>>
>How many trial captains do you think there will be?

One for each type.

>Are they the equivalent of gym leaders or those are the kahunas?

The Kahunas are.

>And do we get to battle them?

Depends on their trial. Might be able to face every single one in a postgame place though
>>
I bet

4 per island, for 16 of the types

Guzma is the 17th - Poison?
Lusamine is the 18th - Dark or Fairy?
>>
kiawe is hot
>>
>>28743537
>>28743663
Highly doubt Melemele has 4
>>
>>28743537
14 Trial Captains + 4 Kahunas will give you Z-Crystals.

Melemele: Normal, Bug, Flying, and Hala gives you the Fighting Z-Crystal

Akala: Grass, Water, Electric, Fire, and Rock

Island3: Ground, Ice, Ghost, Steel, and Poison

Island4: Psychic, Dark, Dragon, and Fairy
>>
I think there will be 8

1 on melemele
3 on Akala
2 on 3rd island
2 on final island

Note that the battle with Hala we were shown is at level 15 so very early on
>>
File: 1474128170176.png (228KB, 613x560px) Image search: [Google]
1474128170176.png
228KB, 613x560px
>16+
>one for every type

Man, you fuckers wonder why you're disappointed all the time.
>>
The collection of Z crystals is no longer straightforward. Now we have ones for specific pokemon, so they have to have a source other than the trial captains.
>>
>>28743537
4 Trial Captains + 1 Island Kahuna on each island. 16 Captains and 4 Kahunas in total. So basically the Gen 2 League all over again.

The type-specific Z-Crystals are also obtained from beating the 16 Totem Pokémon you have to fight after every Trial. My guess is you get the remaining 2 from Team Skull (Dark) and the Aether Foundation (Fairy).
>>
>>28743584
This.
Ya boy Guzma gives that one to you.
>>
>>28745042
Thats not going to happen

If you fight Hala around level 15 then thats pretty much like 1st gym leader in mots games. So that would mean 1 trial captain at most on Melemele
>>
>>28744974
We've already seen 5 of them, and to be honest they seem really fucking tame. It wouldn't make sense to only have 8 in total if it's over that soon and that easily.
>>
>>28745063
We've already seen that the game starts off with Hala holding some festival and you beating the crap out of his grandson there. Then next as you're about to leave Melemele he catches up to you and the battle begins. I think you're going to battle Hala more than just once.
>>
>>28745074
Tame? We haven't even experienced what playing the battle is like. We've barely even SEEN them.
>>
>>28745091
No you battle him once because he's a Kahuna
>>
>>28745096
We've already seen how they play out, we don't need to experience them to tell how they'll work. You battle a wild Pokémon who has one of its stats boosted, and it calls an ally so it's 1v2. Big fucking deal, if it weren't because you only had to defeat the Totem Pokémon to end the battle. It's a [your whole party] vs. [1 wild Pokémon that sometimes get help from a lower levelled wild Pokémon] scenario. Yes, it is tame if there's only 8 of them.
>>
>>28745110
Source: Your ass.
There's no rule saying GF cannot make us battle him more than once. They can make us do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>28745110
Just like how we only battled Korrina once?
>>
>>28743569
Actually given we seem to be getting 4 per island that wouldn't be too much of a stretch you would just have to have two extra as league champions or something.
Probably with Guzma having one as part of storming the Skull HQ, and the Proffesor having a secret one as the equivalent of a champion, which would make sense given their linked backstory.

>>28743584
DELETE THIS
>>
>>28745131
>one instance of one battle determines all of them

What if they can call more than one ally? There are more types than stats to boost. There were more GYMS than stats to boost. It doesn't add up. Also, tell that to every RPG ever.
>>
>>28745110
>implying gen 2 didn't do it
>implying gen 6 didn't do it
>implying gen 6.5 won't do it
>>
>>28745159
Guzma wouldn't be so miffed if he could just steal the position. It doesn't even matter if it's the prestige, he IS the type captain. If he's after undermining the entire operation, then they should have more than just two or three of them.
>>
>>28745063
The only battle all the trials will have is the totem battle, I bet the first island will have fetch quest and some random minigame or something, so you don't get to level up too much.

Or maybe just the normal stone is in Melemele, there's not much point in obtaining the stones if you don't have the Z ring.
>>
File: 1433871020427.png (47KB, 928x694px) Image search: [Google]
1433871020427.png
47KB, 928x694px
>>28745074
>to be honest they seem really fucking tame
In what way? You don't even know what any of the trials include, save for the totem fights.

>It wouldn't make sense to only have 8 in total
Why?

You're presuming an ideal scenario instead of a realistic one. There have never been enough gyms to cover every type, so there's no reason the captains would be different. You'll be lucky if we get two captains and a Kahuna per island, bringing us to 12 total. Between 16 captains and kahunas, Team Skull, possibly Aether Foundation and the elite four, that is a metric fuckton of individualized "boss" characters; at least double what any other Pokemon game has featured. Why would you default your expectations to that?
>>
I'm confused on the matter myself. The best I can match it up, you MEET Totem Gumshoos/Raticate on one side of the island, and the actual battle occurs on the other side of the island.
>>
>8 trial captains
>4 kahunas
>8 totem bosses
There, after you beat the game captains become gym leaders, kahunas become the E4 and the trials+totem mons will give you the 16 z-crystals, with the other 2 got some other way.

There is no innovation, only the illusion of it.
>>
>>28745300
We KNOW at least three of the four shown are on Akala, maybe all four.
>>
WHERE ARE THE FLIPPING INDIVIDUAL Z CRYSTALS, NONE OF YOU ARE ACCOUNTING FOR THAT!
>>
File: Brian Pillman.jpg (74KB, 650x472px) Image search: [Google]
Brian Pillman.jpg
74KB, 650x472px
>>28743584
>>
File: Local cat witnesses a murder.jpg (56KB, 985x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Local cat witnesses a murder.jpg
56KB, 985x1000px
>>28743584
>>
>>28745339
Says who? Where's the evidence of them being the captains of those islands specifically? I'll give you Mallow, but I don't recall there ever being proof of the other captains residing on Akala with her. There are plenty of other places on the map that they could appear. Of course, there's a lot of footage floating around by now, so I'm open to being mistaken.
>>
>>28745300
There are four in the second island and at least one confirmed in the first island, the third island seems bigger than the second so it should have four or more and the last island will have at least one.
That makes it at least 10, 16 is not that crazy considering is just a quest and a boss battle, maybe there's some hidden challenges somewhere.

>>28745356
probably given by random NPC or on the ground, like megastones.
I bet the pikachunite Z is given to you if you show someone a photo of pikachu or something.
>>
I'm starting to fear there will only be the four of them, one per island. Why wouldn't they have shown more since then but blow their load on Ultra Beasts which now lose their story impact?
>>
>>28745462
You're fucking blind. I don't have the montages, and I'm not going to make them again. It is not directly said, no, but the evidence is irrefutable. 3 of them are on Akala. Someone else will have the evidence, I'm sure.
>>
>>28745471
If they can do that, then why do the other Z crystals HAVE to be given by Trial Captains? There could still only be a few of them and you have to find the rest.
>>
There will only be four.

You are all setting yourself up for disappointment.
>>
>>28745518
Elemental Z crystal can be used by any pokemon, special snowflakes crystals get special snowflake treatment, thrown in the trash.
>>
>>28743598
Don't forget Aether Foundation and Zygarde.
This might be Pokemon's most intricate plot yet(besides the Mystery Dungeons/other Spinoffs) or as you said, a mess.
Heck, XY's story was kind of a mess with poor progression between the gyms, Mega evolution, and Team Flare. Here's hoping they don't mess this up.
>>
>>28745559
Not everyone can master every type there is. Some don't even master it at all. You think these things are given to just anyone? They won't even work for just anyone. The bond has to exist.
>>
>>28745209
Who did we battle more than once in gen2, not counting rival and rockets?
>>
>>28745615
Dude, every pokemon (that can learn TMs) can learn at lest 3 types of moves, so all trainers can make use of those regardless of what pokemon they have on their team. What's the point of going on a eevee or a pikachu trial if I don't have one of those.
>>
We've only seen those four in the anime so I'm guessing there won't be more.
>>
>>28745518
Not the anon you were talking to. They don't have to be given, but it does seem like a plausible possibility, like how all previous Gym Leaders used to give you TMs, these ones might give you Z-Crystals instead.
>>
>>28745704
The previews for the anime have never shown us more than what we already know by the announcements for the game.
>>
>>28743584
>>
8. Just like every fucking generation.

>there's no gyms in Alola!
Yes, yes there are. GF is just calling them something different to give you the shoddy illusion that they are giving you new features and not literally repackaging the same game again for the 14th time.

There will be 8 gyms - oh, I'm sorry, """Trial Captains""" - and 4 elite four members - oh, I'm sorry, """Kahunas""" - just like every other fucking game after GSC.
>>
>>28746481
See you in November!
>>
File: 1472808428887.png (169KB, 526x335px) Image search: [Google]
1472808428887.png
169KB, 526x335px
>>28743584
>>
>>28743537
Well they each specialize in a different type which pretty much confirms we battle them at some point, otherwise that information would be irrelevant.
>>
>>28749733
I hope
>>
>>28743584
S A V A G E
A V A G E S
V A G E S A
A G E S A V
G E S A V A
E S A V A G
>>
File: 1474662190073.png (171KB, 431x539px) Image search: [Google]
1474662190073.png
171KB, 431x539px
>>28743584
>>
>>28743584
Had to read it twice. Mother fucker.
>>
>>28743598
I like how you didn't even mention Solgaleo and Lunala(goes to show how weird it's been that the main plot doesn't seem to have even mentioned the box legendaries yet).
>>
>>28746481
low quality b8 m8
>>
>>28746481
this is what I assumed from the beginning
>>
File: 6pbNG3w.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
6pbNG3w.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>28746481
If ur gonna go fishing, use some good b8
>>
>>28750829
Guess you assumed incorrectly
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.