[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RASMUSSEN FAVORITE GAME POLL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: muhds.jpg (307KB, 1367x582px) Image search: [Google]
muhds.jpg
307KB, 1367x582px
Answer the poll. Do it.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11290575

Feel free to discuss your reasons for your choice/which games are best within the thread.
>>
BlaWhi.

Best pokedex (loved the "regional reboot"), best story.
>>
File: rare_disgusted_pepe_.jpg (17KB, 396x350px) Image search: [Google]
rare_disgusted_pepe_.jpg
17KB, 396x350px
>>28743068
>ANOTHER one of these threads
>no option for original RSE
>>
>>28743102
ORAS are now the definitive Hoenn games so there's no reason to include RSE.
>muh battle frontier
>>
>B2/W2 tied for first

why does /vp/ have such shit taste?
>>
>>28743068
B2W2
Best pokedex, with plenty of options, but not going overboard like XY did, allowing the gen 5 pokemon to still be prominent
Best post-game, while its not perfect due to lacking a frontier, it has a large area to explore, black tower/white treehollow, and PWT.
Its the only official game with a difficulty setting, and while Challenge Mode still isn't as hard as a difficulty hack or fangame, its still the most challenge you'll get out of an official mainline game.
>>
>no gen 2
hgss had so many features cut out from the originals.
>>
>>28743171
the only feature cut was your nostalgia
>>
>absolutely nobody likes FRLG
>>
>>28743229
i mean there's not much of a reason to, people who like gen 3 are all about RSE

i don't think even genwunners like it, they stick to their shitty broken gameboy games
>>
BW2 since Emerald isn't there.
>>
>>28743117
OK so this list is already bias and pointless to begin with
>>
>>28743068
>Tfw hg broke last summer
>Tfw no money to afford a 160$ copy

There is literally no reason to mit put it up in the eshop. Ffs GF
>>
>>28743229
I like it but I like other games more.
>>
File: 1474290237157.png (8KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1474290237157.png
8KB, 512x512px
>>28743068
>there are games missing in the strawpoll
>being too stupid to make a decent strawpoll

Off yourself
>>
>no RSE
>having such shit tastes that you unironically believe that ORAS is superior
Kill yourself OP.
>>
>>28743968
You don't get it. I intentionally left them out because RBY/GSC could only possibly be chosen by nostalgiafags. I want the real opinion.

>>28743978
This guy gets it. But Emerald is the only game that you could argue should be in there and that's solely because of Battle Frontier. If you're really going to choose your favorite game over Frontier I think you probably need to reconsider.

Let's not forget that gen 3 doesn't even have the attack type split.
>>
File: 1461417458789.jpg (70KB, 470x740px) Image search: [Google]
1461417458789.jpg
70KB, 470x740px
>>28744040
What´s the point of a strawpoll then? You manipulate the strawpoll, so you can get the answers you are looking for? Are you actually retarded? That´s not how it works.
>>
>>28744056
The question isn't "What's your favorite Pokemon game". It's "Select your favorite game out of those listed below'.

Even asking whether people like B2/W2 or W/B more would be a valid question. Why wouldn't it be?

Looking at how much Black2/White2 are dominating here I think they'd have won even if I included Emerald.

ORAS is losing badly, but if you remove delta episode, remove all the features added since gen 3, and then just add Battle Frontier, would it suddenly win? I don't think so
>>
>>28744080
But what data are you looking for if you ask for half of the possible answers?

You are not comparing games that have something in common by leaving out other games. You are skipping complete generations for no apparent reason.

Im sorry, but this is just not how it works.
>>
>>28744040
It's more than the BF. It was also the better plot as both Teams were relevant instead of one being paid lip service and the other being relevant.
And both Legends too.
>>
>>28744109
Emerald is the only thing you can argue and even then I laid out my counterargument.

Gen 1 has been left out because it's been entirely remade. Gen 2 likewise. Who would pick RBY over FR/LG, or GS over HGSS? Basically, only nostalgiafags. Or people who say
>b-but for its time and in the context I was playing it, it was the best!
Which is just reasoned nostalgia.

FRLG are simply better than RB. HGSS are simply better than GS. Maybe you have a Pikachu fetish and it's yellow you want in? I don't know.
>>
>>28744121
You can only get the legends in Emerald post-game, and you can get far more legends in ORAS, just not both the box ones without trading. As for the story, why isn't Delta Episode + original R/S story better? Delta does Rayquaza much better. I think it really boils down to the frontier. People would have liked it, if not for the frontier.

That said, I almost included Emerald but decided not to, expecting these arguments to happen. I want to see what people pick when they can't nostalgiafag and can't choose Emerald just because they're butthurt over ORAS, but in the end, I don't think that affects the top results. ORAS is way behind the first three choices.
>>
>>28744080
It is not only the Frontier.

Also, the Delta Episode brings ORAS down for me so yeah
>>
>No Crystal
Yeah, nah. OP can go fuck himself.

I'd be willing to bet my bottom repel that "nostalgia fagging" is the reason too.
>>
>>28744151
You are too far up your own ass.

You would pick the original games over the remakes for a lot of reasons, but why would i even argue with you, you are completely biased and you are not looking for valid data, you are looking for validation on some stupid shit you made up.

Have a great day and please never conduct any sort research in your life. You are not even able to understand the basics.
>>
>>28743117
And yet it has BW
>>
>>28744292
You sure are mad. I wanted to see what people would select without those choices. What I got was what people would select without those choices.

Please don't talk to me that way in future as I likely have a higher IQ than you.
>>
>>28744306
BW has a completely different story and significantly different region. I actually thought for a second that I could remove it but it's not really justified, unlike with Gen1/Gen2 which are justified to everyone except nostalgiafags, and Emerald which is questionable.
>>
>>28744290
Of course it's the reason. You realize HGSS incorporates Crystal content, right? You're a nostalgiafag.

If someone ran a poll with every Pokemon game and a bunch of Go normies all picked gen 1/2, that would be interesting, but also stupid.
>>
>>28744313
Shitty bait

Also, this is a "favorite games" poll. This should have been a "best out of these games" poll as to not be misleading.

And Emerald should have been here if it was "different experiences" as Emerald and ORAS are both different experiences with one not objectively better similar to BW and BW2

>>28744198
Delta Episode+RS story is definitely not better
>>
File: 1474570223485.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1474570223485.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>28744313
You might have a higher IQ than me, but you sure have no idea how researches work. Leaving out valid options with the justification "the remakes are better versions of the original games" just shows, that you are trying to manipulate the answers of the probands.

Anyway, since your IQ is higher than mine you probably know that and you are probably also aware that a higher IQ doesnt mean a person is automatically smarter :^)
>>
File: cap.png (30KB, 667x727px) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
30KB, 667x727px
>>28744349
I'm going to have to double down on that IQ claim if you're the same guy, because you can't read.

You can pick your favorite thing out of a subset of things without that being somehow "misleading" because it isn't you're favorite thing out of everything ever. This is just another subset of games no different from Pokemon main series games being a subset of games.

This election cycle there are 2-way election polls, but also 4-way ones. Why is that? Because asking different questions with different options gives different insights.

Pick what you like most excluding Emerald and move on. I'm not going to take this data and say "Look, everyone hates Emerald because nobody picked it".
>>
>>28744377
Read >>28744389
>>
>>28744389
I chose HGSS so it means nothing to me, I'm just saying you're full of shit
>>
>>28744435
I can ask what's your favorite gen 5 game. I can ask your favorite 3D game, or your favorite DS game, or your favorite remake.

Those are all arbitrary categories that create arbitrary subsets. Don't get so autismal just because my category takes a little longer to describe.

You could conduct two polls, one where you include all the games that have been remade, and one where you exclude them, and then compare the results of the two to make interesting deductions, like how many people are nostalgiafags. Or you could just ask people what games they like best out of a certain subset because that's all you're interested it.
>>
>>28743068
>OP image has every game except X/Y
>Thread title is FAVORITE GAME POLL
>Actual strawpoll is "favorite game out of these specific games"
>OP couldn't be assed to state in the original post his reasons for excluding some and stopping the degeneration of this thread before it started

Huh. Really makes you think...
>>
File: 1321985747084.png (2KB, 111x107px) Image search: [Google]
1321985747084.png
2KB, 111x107px
>>28744389
How can one person be so far up is own ass? You have no idea how researching works and your arguements hold no water. Sorry, but you are just a failure.
Sure, you make this for fun without any kind of education, but you have to face the fact, that your data is invalid.
If you actually think your strawpoll is completely fine for your research question, your research question is wrong.

>What is your favorite X
>Give preset answer
>Not asking "which X do you like the most out of these answers?"

You are stupid and even your high IQ doesnt change that.
>>
>>28743117
ORAS are the worst pokemon games. There's too much exp to stay underleveled without skipping huge sections of the game. If you want to be 5-10 levels under the champion, you are going to miss out on a ton of stuff.

In every other game I was always 5-10 levels under them without trying or even thinking about it.
>>
File: out.png (5KB, 613x51px) Image search: [Google]
out.png
5KB, 613x51px
>>28744553
I just made the poll first and then the thread second. Sure, I could have explained it, and predicted the arguments to happen, but then I could have also had the slight hope that people wouldn't be such autists and would betray my expectations and wouldn't go on tirades about how I should quit statistics for life because Emerald isn't there.

The thread was basically done in 5 seconds and I just googled pokemon games for the image and thought it was an interesting image showing how the DS era dragged on.

>>28744598
Look at the question. What's going to go wrong with my polling?
>someone sees "FAVORITE GAME POLL"
>oh boy, time to put emerald
>sees clarified poll question upon opening poll link
>brain short-circuits
>accidentally has a seizure and picks B2/W2, even though originally he would have picked Platinum if Emerald had been an option
My data answers the question that I wanted answered.

I'm sure your statistics professor would have marked me down if I had one question in one place with another in another place, but there is literally no being confused in answering this question.

You're the guy up your own ass.
>>
>no Emerald
Stupid. HGSS then, I guess. Would be BW2 but the start is so fucking slow and boring.
>>
>>28744645
>even though originally he would have picked Platinum if Emerald had been an option
That's a pretty big assumption. Sounds like you're looking for what people here consider the "best game" instead of favorite. I mean, you've literally just dismissed a potential favorite for one you think is better.
>>
>>28743171
The only thing I really missed from GS that wasn't in HGSS was the original radio.
>>
>>28744706
You miss the point of the absurdity of your complaint. It doesn't matter what he would have originally picked. Even if he would have picked Emerald if it was there, it's not there and he can pick his favorite out of the subset. It's equivalent to me asking his favorite out of two games, only a little extended. It in no way invalidates or denies that Emerald is his true favorite, and would only do so if I took the data and then said that it proves everyone hates Emerald, or that B2W2 is the favorite of most people out of all Pokemon games. I would expect the real favorite is RBY simply because of the sheer number of nostalgiafags.

"What is the best game out of these 3" has basically the same meaning as "What's your favorite game out of these 3", except the former case opens up people to reasoning like
>you know what, I like game B more than C
>but everyone seems to like C most, and everyone thinks I have shit taste
>so, probably, C is actually the best game, even though I like C more
>I'll pick C

I want the guy to answer B in that case. So no, I do mean favorite. Favorite [out of this subset]. You seem to be arguing that the word favorite can only be possibly used when considering the entire set of things, which is just retarded because even that supposed whole set would be an arbitrary category. Why not all Pokemon games, including side-series? Why not all portable RPGs? Why not all RPGs? Why not all video games? Your problem isn't one with statistics. It's one with meaningless semantics.

I'm simply asking what their favorite out of a certain set is. And that set doesn't include Emerald.
>>
>>28744707
Room customization

>>28744494
All I'm saying is Emerald should be in it because ORAS isn't the objective better one like FRLG or HGSS. Its closer to BW and BW2. I'm not arguing anything but that
>>
>>28744872
Adding to this, I do agree that this doesn't matter because it wouldn't change the top 3 at all

I do think Emerald would come fourth or fifth though
>>
File: 1474630162685.gif (403KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1474630162685.gif
403KB, 320x240px
>>28744645
Here is your last (you). Your trolling is really impressive! For a second i thought you are serious, but this is just idiotic.
Your justification is just too obvious

>I only put Green as possible answers
>Green is literally a better version of Yellow and Blue
>Why wouldnt you pick Green anyway?

You dont understand how researching works and you are not even trying to improve. Have a nice day. I already have a degree, so i dont have to argue with you.
>>
>0.7% of votes for FRLG
>>
>>28744970
You only practice cargo cult reasoning. You understand how to follow methodology, you don't understand why the methodology exists or what it's supposed to counter.

And someone is either trolling or not. Pick one.
>>
>>28744857
>You miss the point of the absurdity of your complaint.
What are you on about? I didn't post before that.

>And that set doesn't include Emerald.
Because you don't want this hypothetical person to pick Emerald.

Just seems weird to arbitrarily leave out random games. Isn't the option I picked either. For me it's ORAS and even then it's only because it was the last I played and it fixed me not being able to get the Mega I wanted until I had nothing to do with it like X did.
>>
>>28745067
>What are you on about? I didn't post before that.
There are a few people responding and it's hard to tell which are which.

I can see the argument for including Emerald and I might include it next time, but not for including RBY and GSC. I'd rather see what nostalgiafags pick without those as options. What's "your favorite game out of set Y" is a different question from "what's your favorite out of set X". That's all.

I could make a thread where I say "What's your favorite game out of White 2, Black 2 and Yellow?" Weird, maybe. Arbitrary, maybe. But still a question someone might want to ask and get data on.
>>
File: 1472525733104.png (552KB, 1279x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472525733104.png
552KB, 1279x720px
>>28744377
>you sure have no idea how researches work
>>28744598
>You have no idea how researching works
>>28744970
>You dont understand how researching works
Nigger, I'm not even the same guy and I have literature laying right next to me that tells me that what OP is doing is valid research.

He is not conducting research on which game out of all games that have ever been made is best; he is conducting research on which game out of the games he listed is considered best.

When he explains to you why he excluded certain options like RBY or GSC he is not doing it as a way to morph it into a "best game ever out of all games"-sort of research, he is simply clarifying why he made certain choices when picking which poll choices to present.

YOU are the one who does not understand how research works, and if your claim of having a degree is true it's pathetic that your teachers let you pass your courses.
>>
>>28743068
>BW2
>HGSS
>Platinum

seems about right
>>
>>28745124
>he is corrupting his own data by not asking the right question

Yes, you are right. His methods are right, but his execution is wrong.
>>
>>28745116
>I could make a thread where I say "What's your favorite game out of White 2, Black 2 and Yellow?"
Well, yeah. If you put that in the topic or upfront or whatever than nobody could have any leg to stand on if they started getting bitchy about it. You might get a few smug memesters who post an option other than those ones, but nobody would take them seriously.

It would definitely be better than what's happening here with 22 posters with 53 total posts.
>>
HGSS and B2W2 are my absolute favorites
But if I have to choose between them, I'll have to go with HGSS
>>
>>28743171

Name some.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.