[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best game in the series in your opinion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Pokémon_Mystery_Dungeon_logo.png (61KB, 300x134px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_Mystery_Dungeon_logo.png
61KB, 300x134px
What is the best game in the series in your opinion?
>>
Ive only played blue rescue team honestly
>>
>>28742701
Explorers of Sky by a mile
>>
>>28742701
Sky
>>
>>28742701
>>28742710
>>
>>28742701
Rescue Team is still my favorite, but I've never played any of the Explores games. I enjoyed Gates to Infinity too, and I'm currently playing through Super. I like them pretty evenly so far, but I'm not that far into Super.
>>
Sky is definitely the best overall

Gates has the best story but the worst gameplay and content

Super has the best gameplay bar a few issues with structure that even Gates got right, but the worst story

Rescue Team is just okay all around besides a few neat things later entries didn't have for whatever reason
>>
>>28742701
What kind of question is this?
Obviously Explorers of Sky
>>
>>28742701
Sky was awesome.
>>
sky
>>
File: 59023962_p0.jpg (2MB, 3270x2243px) Image search: [Google]
59023962_p0.jpg
2MB, 3270x2243px
Super.

Best gameplay by a mile, actually feels like playing a roguelike.

Best music, and while comparing compositions may be subjective there's no denying the fantastic sound quality compared to the DS tin can.

And finally it's packed with content. Five different towns while the others only had one, a thousand quests while the others only had like twelve and the rest were randomly generated and close to twice the amount of Pokémon.

Also, as someone who loves Sky I thought the story in Super was the best in the series, because it intentionally plays on your expectations. I get a little confused when people complain about Super having an unexpected twist and then praise shit like Sky's ending when it was just copy+pasted from the last game.
>>
>>28742857
To me, Gates is the only one with a ending that impacted me, the player character actually leaving was actually impactful whether it's from expectations or not, Super it was a pretty easy assumption if they were going to try and surprise us again the next thing to do would be bye-bye partner unless you didn't play Gates I guess

RT feels really hamfisted in its ending with it shoving words in the player character's mouth, and the ending in Explorers is basically the same thing but not hamfisted because it's not just going back to your world, but basically fucking dying
>>
If Super gets an updated version a la Sky it will be the best.
>>
>>28742701

There is no best Pokémon game.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.