[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acquiring old event items

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Old map.png (19KB, 230x189px) Image search: [Google]
Old map.png
19KB, 230x189px
I read on some forum (a few months ago) that if you would send your cartridges to Nintendo they'd load the event-items directly onto them.
Anyody know something about this?
>>
>>28738916
This is a legitimate question.
I also remember that someone sent a e-mail to nintendo about the matter but don't how it turned out.
>>
>>28739184
There was a time that they did this. That time has passed.

However, I am surprised that nobody has managed to duplicate the Nintendo Events to unlock those key items yet. Currently the only way to do it is by action replay, which is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>28739221
>There was a time that they did this. That time has passed.
It's those small things in life that make me want to kill myself.
Did they ever have any official announcements regarding this?

Duplicating? You mean like that fan server for the Gen 4 games?
>>
>>28739311
>Did they ever have any official announcements regarding this?
They just stopped doing it at some point. Keep in mind this was over ten years ago now.

>Duplicating? You mean like that fan server for the Gen 4 games?
Yep. Since those items were unlocked via Mystery Gift, in theory it should be possible to reproduce them, right?
>>
>>28739416
So it was just during the GBA era? Great. Living in a small town I never got to go to those events were the items were distributed and reading about this now makes me feel both disappointed and angry.
Well, there is no reason for them to reintroduce that service now, is there?

>Yep. Since those items were unlocked via Mystery Gift, in theory it should be possible to reproduce them, right?
I guess so but how would it end up on your actual game?
>>
I just use a gameshark and warp myself to the islands
The events play out the exact same way

I really hope they bring back Faraway Island in Sun and Moon, it was top tier
>>
>>28739678
Yeah, sure thing, but it'd be nice to hae actually legitimate items.

Makes me wonder: If you used a gameshark to get e.g. the old map and went to faraway island and caught that mew:
Would pokemon bank/mover let it get through?
>>
>>28739629
>Well, there is no reason for them to reintroduce that service now, is there?
They always abandon their old games after a period of time has passed when moving onto new ones, so people who want to get those old events either have to pay out the ass for select event carts (these do exist) or cheat. You used to be able to get Manaphy eggs from all 3 Pokemon Ranger games to transfer over to a Gen 4 game. Now you can only do it with the first one, since that uses a password instead of a downloaded wondercard from an event service long since discontinued on a network that is now dead.

>I guess so but how would it end up on your actual game?
Load up custom firmware on an e-reader? You can still use eon tickets with that to get to Southern Island, so I guess it could work. I'm no programmer though.

>>28739743
>Would pokemon bank/mover let it get through?
Bank's legality check would probably prohibit it, as the event was never officially released overseas.
>>
>>28738916
In Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia during a certain period of time you can download 3 extra missions, that allow you (after finish them) to send a Manaphy's egg, a Riolu and a Darkrai to Pokemon Diamond or Pearl.
I couldn't download those mission, so I send an e-mail to Nintendo asking them about the same thing you're asking for. They say there's nothing they could do to help me.
>>
>>28739743
>>28739797
It does, I have a few Faraway Island Mews and Navel Rock Lugias on ORAS from gamesharking myself to the locations from some old playthroughs
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>28739843
Pic for reference
>>
>>28739743
yup, I have all the old eventmons from Gen 3 on my copy of OR
>>
>>28739797
Which is ridiculous. It's not like thousands of people are suddenly going to ask for Oak's letter all at the same time. It would take little to no ressources. Come on, thats the kind of work interns would do.

Ah, I forgot about the e-reader. Seems like something that could work but one would have to find someone dedicated enough.

>>28739839
Do they just destroy this event distribution stuff or why are they so reluctant to help their customers?

>>28739843
Well, now I'll know what I'll be doing next week.
>>
>>28739988
>Do they just destroy this event distribution stuff?
Distribution cartridges are given to stores for event distributions, and are not sold commercially. Starting in Generation IV, they only contain information for the event Pokémon, and have no actual game data or save possibilities. These cartridges use DS Wireless Communications to distribute events starting in Generation IV. At the end of an event, they are intended to be sent to Nintendo's Waste Management facility in Redmond, Washington, where they are presumably destroyed. However, sometimes, distribution cartridges are leaked or sold to the public.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Distribution_devices
>>
>>28740118
Looking at these on eBay now. Hypothetically, they'd still work, right?
>>
I emulated a Dis Cat with a r4 a few years ago.
There was a system to make it activate different events too. I'll look into it all next week.
>>
Man, I wish they brought back event locations. Stuff like the islands in RSE and Liberty Island from BW were really cool.

Now they just hand you the event Pokemon, and it's boring.
>>
>>28740429
What does any of this mean.

>>28740535
There is no better feeling than actually catching your Event-Pokemon and having some more storry to them. But kids these days apparently don't want that.
What the navel rock has to do with Ho-Oh and Lugia is still a mystery to me however. It's cool that it's both the highest and deepet place in the Pokemon world, though.
>>
>>28738916
I actually tried this 8 or so years ago, it didn't work then and from the letter I got back I don't think they would be now.
>>
>>28740670
Ever been to a store event?
With the right tools and a R4/CFW you can run an event distribution area to that is completely legal, (As long as you keep to events that actually happened) and distribute Wondercards to other DS/3DS.

I did it on my town years ago, but now I'm waiting for my 2DS to arrive so I can't check anything.
>>
>>28740670
>What the navel rock has to do with Ho-Oh and Lugia is still a mystery to me however.
It was another way to get Ho-Oh and Lugia in gen 3 without necessitating buying Colosseum and Gale of Darkness.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.