[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Restart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: redgreen.jpg (43KB, 399x250px) Image search: [Google]
redgreen.jpg
43KB, 399x250px
ITT: Changes you would have made to the franchise from the very beginning. I'll start:

-Rock and Ground types combined into one type, Earth-type
-No IVs
-Breeding available in the first games, combining Nidoran F + M into one species
>>
>>28734510
rock and ground interact differently though
>>
File: Damn bait.jpg (111KB, 680x679px) Image search: [Google]
Damn bait.jpg
111KB, 680x679px
>>
Just more than one save file
for real, nothing else, is even that hard to do at this point?
>>
No gen 1 mons, if you're gonna a keep some mons in the reboot keep the best ones aka gen 5 mons.
>>
Stepping up anti cheating policies to make cloned pokemon or pokemon that were tampered with in anyway unusable in online battles or trades
>>
>>28734547
For what purpose? I never use more than one save file in games that provide multiple. Trading with yourself is impossible that way so that's useless too, unless you have a friend, but at that point you can already get the things you're missing from him.
What else could it be useful for? Playing through the shitty storyline yet again? I'm glad when I'm finally done with that and can start 100%-ing the game and dex, or building a proper team.
>>
>>28734644

>Games literally marketed towards children
>Children who live at home with their siblings
>Siblings who will take your save file and fuck shit up because they cannot create their own
>>
>>28734576
Nah senpai
>>
>>28734681
>not buying a separate console for each sibling for MAXIMUM FUN™
I understand that mentality with home consoles, but portable devices are more personal and not passed around as often. Though I agree it's a valid use-case, it's just not one I can bring myself to care about.
>>
More than one save file.
Being able to hold more than 20 items at a time.
Make HMs unnecessary.
Make TMs infinitely reusable.
Physical/special split.
Have all planned 190 Pokemon in the first game.
Get rid of traded evolutions (has not yet been implemented, but the fact that it is a thing is ridiculous).
Include Dark and Steel type because the Psychic type is OP in Gen 1.
Fix the Ghost-Psychic thing which was glitched.
Fix all the stuff that was fixed in later generations (like Leech Seed, the battle formula, learning moves at => the level, etc, basically all the stuff on the The Problems with Gen 1 image).
>>
only competitive fags dislike IVs
>>
>>28734837
>Make HMs unnecessary
No. It's a good mechanic to keep areas locked till later in the game. Fuck guys at the edge of town who tell you you shall not pass. Additionaly, it adds some kind of inmersion.
>>
>>28735114
And forces you to waste a spot in your team. It's shit.
>>
Delete all mons with mostly humanoid designs. Fuck you Mr Mime you've always been terrible.
>>
>>28735197
Mr. Mime is legitimately the only pokemon I truly dislike. It creeps me the fuck out.

Don't put it in Amie. Save yourself.
>>
>>28735135
Just make them TMs in all but name. You can delete them when you don't need them. Easy.

On that note, make the HM moves more useful in battle.
>>
>>28735135
it would be better if you didnt have to waste a move slot on them. like, you could teach a certain set of pokemon surf/cut/fly etc. but they could still learn 4 moves in battle
>>
File: image.png (70KB, 201x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70KB, 201x180px
>>28734576
Because you spent 100000 autistic hours getting your iv maxed pokemon and shinies the legit way, right? And nobody who doesn't want to bother with autistic breeding should be able to have fun online.
>>
>>28735463
Exactly! Why the *hell* are they undeletable? That's a completely unecessary mechanic!
>>
>>28735114
No. It is possible to get rid of HMs but also not have that "we're standing here for no reason and someday we'll be gone for no reason" bullshit.
You could replace them with equivalent key items for example (surf board, shears, flashlight, etc) or make them TMs, OR make them available to all Pokemon who could learn them after getting the necessary badge. For example, after getting the Boulder Badge, any Pokemon capable of learning Flash can use Flash outside of battle whether or not they know the move but NOT in battle if they haven't actually learned it.
I think any of those systems would be good. Of course, for HMs to be TMs, TMs would have to be reusable infinitely which is another good idea.
Also I'd get rid of natures completely... I find them unnecessary and more annoying than anything. They don't make the game fun. They make it even more tedious.
>>
>>28735463
You need to make TMs infinitely reusable then. Otherwise, you could potentially cut your way into an area you couldn't cut out of after deleting Cut from your mon.
>>
>>28735463
>>28736040
No-one else is saying it so I will.

There are areas in the game where deleting a HM/field move would render the protagonist infinitely trapped. Since the games are marketed for kids, making sure that you can't get trapped is quite integral to a "save" based RPG. Can you imagine forgetting that you needed Surf to get out of Seafoam Islands, saving your game there and then realising that the only way to be able to get out would be to start a new game?
>>
>>28736040
Oh yeah, forgot to say for this post - due to the limited space in the bag you would probably end up depositing said TMs into the PC during the game so this doesn't work either.

>>28736459 -> This is me.
>>
>>28734510
the following pokemon never exit
>charizard
>dewgong
>mewtwo
>cloyster
>lickitung
>kabutops
>venusaur
>butterfree
>raticate
>arbok
>raichu
>blastoise
>moltres
>sandslash
>venomoth
>lapras
>vaporeon
>flareon
>wigglytuff
>nidoking
>gengar

Done.
>>
>Rock and Ground types combined into one type, Earth-type

Why not combine Water and Ice, they are actually the same thing. Or Fire and Electric, make an energy type. While you're at it, Dark and Ghost
>>
>>28734644
>Trading with yourself is impossible that way so that's useless too
I mean you wouldn't be able to get the trade evolutions or items but you could pop the pokemon on pokebank and then into the opposite save.
>>
>>28734510
>No IVs
Fucking retard. If anything IVs should truly be random, with no way of viewing or influencing them. The original purpose of IVs and EVs, as well as Natures, was to make each Pokemon unique, but the autistic fanbase decided to exploit poorly implemented mechanics and turn what could've been a casual multiplayer experience into a biking simulator.
>>
>>28736666
>compact everything into minimum forms
Yeah alright.

>Normal/Flying - Neutral
>Ground/Rock/Steel - Earth
>Psychic/Fairy - Mystic
>Ghost/Dark - Spook
>Water/Ice - Sea
>Bug/Grass - Nature
>Fire/Electric - Energy
>Fighting
>Dragon
>Poison
>>
Put Attack and Defense into a single stat like the Special stat instead of retardedly splitting up the latter.
>>
>>28734510
>No IVs

You. I like you.
>>
>>28734510
>Sp. Atk and Sp. Def are separate from the beginning
>TMs are reusable
>Running Shoes are a thing from the beginning
>EVs can be easily reset
>No Dragon type, the Dragonite line is Mystic-type and the franchise evolves from there. That way you don't have hipsters arguing that Charizard and Gyarados aren't dragons
>>
>>28736762
Kill yourself.

Do you realize if IVs were implemented as you say rather than a biking sim it would be a soft reset battling the RNG until you got a guy with max stats. So your way would be the same thing, except hell on Earth if you ever wanted to play competitively because there would be fags out there who would SR for perfect stat guys, wasting thousands and thousands of hours on a team. Or hackfags that just hack in perfect mons.

IVs should stay as they are, or be removed completely.

If you want Pokemon to be unique, how about a range of fucking pallets? Like nicknamed mons in Stadium. That would be fucking great, lad.
>>
>>28734857
>haha wow these two numbers are slightly different even though they would have been different because of levels/evs/nature anyway xD
>>
>>28734837
>>28735114
By the looks of it, they are already gone. Those pokemon-riding thing in S/M look like they are going to replace HM's once and for all.
>>
File: wcgc5gyhfmlhh2p4kdgu.jpg (85KB, 636x958px) Image search: [Google]
wcgc5gyhfmlhh2p4kdgu.jpg
85KB, 636x958px
injectfags getting permabanned from online play/gts would be cool/hilarious.
>>
File: 1433360530273.jpg (7KB, 261x163px) Image search: [Google]
1433360530273.jpg
7KB, 261x163px
>held items right away
>ability to run right away
>no IVs
>level curve of any Pokemon game will put your mon in the mid/late 80s by the time you reach the E4, Champion will have a full team of level 100s

>EVs work as follows:
>you get 1 EV per level you grow
>you allot the point manually to any stat when you grow a level
>this boosts that base stat by 1 point (so you can increase your BST with EVs by 100 points total)
>when you obtain a new Pokemon, the next time it grows a level, you will get 1 point for that level grown to assign in addition to the remaining points it would have gotten had you had it from level 1 (e.g. catch a level 17 Pidgeotto, level it up to 18, get 18 EVs to allot)
>you can reset and re-assign EVs at any time by visiting a Name Rater-esque character in-game (since growing a level triggers EV allotting, bringing a level 100 Pokemon to this guy will allow you to assign its EVs)
This is great in a few ways. Number one, manually assigning EVs regardless of the Pokemon you battle is great. Number two, gives incentive to train your Pokemon to level 100. Number 3, Level 100 Pokemon are valuable in that they have maximum possible EVs to assign. This is a really simple concept present in most RPGs. Not sure why it's so convoluted and secret in Pokemon. That being said;

>visible BST / EVs (two numbers on the stat menu will be shown, in black, the base stat, and next to it in red will be that stat currently with EVs. E.g. Charizard having 109 spatk and 11 EVs invested in spatk will show as: 109 / 120) [standard battle stats, nature, etc. will also be shown as usual)
>visible move adjustment (e.g. Flamethrower [usually 95 power, or I guess 90 now] on Charizard will appear as having 135. And for example if Charizard had a Charcoal or a similar item equipped, Flamethrower would show as having 162 power). Moves' power unaffected by items or STAB will appear in black, but if a move's power is altered, it will appear as Red (a decrease in power will be blue)
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.