[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New threats in OU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: 1453728177235.jpg (261KB, 1187x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1453728177235.jpg
261KB, 1187x1070px
Every generation, OU is reformed, and previously-Uber Pokemon become legal. This is usually due to changes in battle mechanics, such as infinite weather or rebalancing the type chart, as well as overall power creep.

In gen 5, the Lati twins, Garchomp, and Salamence became dominant forces in the tier.

In gen 6, Excadrill, Manaphy, Thundurus, and Tornadus-Therian came down to play.

Now it's time for gen 7. What Ubers do you think will become OU?

I'd like to see if Mega "TIME TO BOOST" Lucario is still broken. Honestly the funnest Mega Evolution I've ever used.

If you do not want to discuss Smogon tiering then please do not reply to a thread about Smogon tiering.
>>
>>28730931
I like Gengar but I hope he and his OU-since-introduction friends finally fall out of favor

Also, fuck you OP if you think something as "click attack to win" broken as Mega-puke is fun
>>
File: pCpmlba4UEAQyN1K.jpg (59KB, 1200x1028px) Image search: [Google]
pCpmlba4UEAQyN1K.jpg
59KB, 1200x1028px
>>28730931
All the new Pokemon look like gimmicky shit, and I don't see how Z-moves will make Mega Lucario any less obscene.
>>
File: 1459810729082.jpg (5KB, 105x183px) Image search: [Google]
1459810729082.jpg
5KB, 105x183px
>>28730960
I knew it was broken as fuck, but I enjoyed it.
>>
>>28730931
Probably just Agieslash
>>
Blaziken (Ban Baton Pass on it, your no complex bans meme is dead)
>>
>>28731000
Baton Pass is not the reason why Blaziken is banned you mouthbreathing autist.
>>
>>28731000
The BP clause is some of the most convoluted shit I've ever seen.

They literally could have just banned the combination of Speed Boost + Baton Pass, but apparently that wasn't retarded enough.
>>
>>28731033
Didn't they go with the clause that the guy who was abusing baton pass teams the most suggested?
>>
>>28731033
That perfect team with ingrain was broken, but like fuck. What is happening
>>
>>28731033
SpeedPass Scolipede wasn't the problem.
>>
>>28731032
Yes it is. On top of being a powerful sweeper/wallbreaker people have to guess whether it can baton pass its boosts when you switch a counter in or not which makes him more dangerous than most people think.
>>
Everyone loves genesect so it'll be around a lot longer this next gen even if it is super broken.
>>
Greninja?

>>28731224
I know I love that piece of shit. Coverage is insane.
>>
>>28731112
Ladder topping teams are made with just speed passing Scolipede now.
>>
Deoxys-D might finally be OU lol.

It stays longer and longer every time.
>>
Lando-I will finally stick around a whole gen as it takes too long to ban everything else.
>>
>>28731164
I'm not saying Baton Pass doesn't improve it, I'm saying it's still disgustingly broken without it.

FACT: Despite Baton Pass+Speed Boost being an impossible combination in gen5, Blaziken was still banned almost instantly and never reconsidered once for unban.
>>
>>28731316
Yeah but back then shit like Mega Altaria, Bravest bird and Mega Slowbro didn't exist.
>>
>>28731330
And gen5 had Jellicent and rain everywhere, your point?
>>
>>28731768
It also had sun and sand everywhere to counter said rain and Jellicent has 70 base defense and is weak to a common coverage move Blaziken would carry back then..
>>
Aegislash and possibly Greninja.
>>
I'm just excited for that first week when all the broken shit is allowed. Using broken ORAS Megas with shit like genesect and deoxys will be fun as fuck.
>>
>>28730931
m gengar and m kang i expect to have their abilities nerfed so them
m mawile probably doesnt even deserve to be uber right now even
and smogon upper crust will UNDOUBTEDLY bring aegislash/genesect/greninja back down even though they deserve to stay in uber because they like keeping their universal "good on every team no matter the composition" crutchpicks ou while banning the strong thing they CANT force into their lineup, which is the exact opposite of how they should be fielding bans but thats how shit goes there now
theyll also bring down the deoxys duo and theyll be broken and theyll ban them again because theyre fucking retarded
>MAYBE 180 BASE SPE WONT BE BROKEN THIS GEN
>OH WAIT THERES STILL NOTHING THAT OUTSPEEDS IT
>OOPS
same fucking clown show every fucking gen
>>
Aegislash is doing shit in ubers and since King's Shield doesn't block Will o Wisp and Fire/Earthquake are very common I fail to see how it was centralizing.

I mean typing good and gold stats, but in no mean centralizing. I hope it comes back for good in OU because physical users can't predict for shit and complain about the Shield.

Knockoff is literally everywhere and many people run the priority stab on the sword making it die if it doesn't kill on priority.

Weakness policy Aegislash is good but far from unbeatable.

I've seen a couple run it with air baloon on showdown though.

Currently Aegislash gets fucked by everything in Ubers and didn't deserved a ban because most of Smogon OU abused of "muh 50/50"

If it came back right now what would be its checks or counters?
>>
>>28732818
Reshiram isn't doing shit in Ubers, should it be allowed in OU?
>>
>>28732818
>in no mean centralizing

Literally every Fighting, Psychic and Fairy type becomes completely unusable with Aegislash around.
>>
Alolan Ninetails will definitely be OU if it's Hidden ability is Snow Warning.

Type: Null will probably be OU. It seems like one of those inherently strong Pokemon. Same with Vikavolt.

Alolan Raichu will 100% be OU, Alogn with Tapu Koko. Electric Terrain teams will be a thing.

Mudsdale will definitely be OU. Stamina is an amazing ability.

Salandit's evolution will probably be OU. Same with Minior, unless that thing has amazing stats.

If Turtonator's defenses are huge, I can see that thing being a wall.

If Alolan Marowak has high speed, then it may end up OU. Thick Club will do wonders for it.

Lot of potential for Doubles. Although,one I'm personally hoping for is that Charjabug can run Eviolite. It has a unique ability, so I can see it being a thing.
>>
File: 1474499529330.png (22KB, 352x310px) Image search: [Google]
1474499529330.png
22KB, 352x310px
Cant wait for deoxy-s and deoxys-d to be unbanned right at the start of gen 7 only to be rebanned 3 months later. Only happened, like, what, 3 times now?
>>
>>28732942
I'm looking forward to Electric Terrain setups for the next /vp/ monotype challenge
>>
>>28732818
If they nerfed King's Shield I would be totally ok with Aegislash existing. Just remove the -2 Atk on contact shit and halve the PP and you golden.
>>
>>28732942
im looking forward to how the terrains make their spot in competitive play. i hope more pokemon with terrain abilities arise. hopefully we get pokemon like topu keku with terrain making abilities.
>>
>>28733115
All the Tapus will probably get some sort of terrain ability.
>>
>>28733137
>There will be an auto Gravity ability someday
>>
>>28732933
Literally every flying, bug, and ice is fucked by SR and that's OK.
>>
Could Rock Polish Genesect with the Rock Z move to nuke most Fire type counters be viable?
>>
>>28733137
What if there's a tapus that changes battles to Inverse battles for 5 turns?
>>
if Ash-Greninja will be ingame, i can see it get banned into Ubers again.
>>
>>28733518
>Stealth Rock is not a single Pokémon
>counterplay to Stealth Rock is easy to use and fit into a team, which means Pokémon weak to it are hardly unviable. Hazard control also adds another layer of depth to the metagame.
>without Stealth Rock battles would be at least 50 turns longer because there would be effectively no downside switch stalling.

Meanwhile Aegislash is just a nigger that makes half of OU unviable and introduces just a bunch of 50/50 situations in the game without adding enough positives to make its presence in the tier worth it.
>>
>>28733740
People can run spikes instead, it doesn't cripple a mon due to being rock weak.
>>
Genesect
Mega Mawile
Aegislash
Hoopa-U
Deoxys-D

Possibly Greninja too depending on power creep
>>
>>28733862
They'll retest deoxys speed too.
>>
>>28733770
Every airborne Pokémon is immune to Spikes. Nothing except magic guard Pokémon is immune to le epic floating minerals which makes them significantly better at preventing excessive stalling.
>>
>>28733936
What birds stall in OU besides Skarmory? SR fucks those 3 types In the ass, it needs to be removed or have its damage halves. 12.5% for weak mons and 25% for 4x weak
>>
>>28733980
I used to be anti-SR for a really long while, but now I see that OU would be fucking shit without it. Defense gets WAY too god without SR chipping mon's HP away, and a few pokemon being shittier is a really cheap price to pay for that, desu.
>>
>>28734254
hazards are pretty neutral, they dont effect any one playstyle in particular, they just punish switching which is always necessary
the real problems with stall are toxic and heal moves
status can be worked around but healspam really cant, you need to be strong enough to 2hko them or they walk away from free which has caused some really shitty power creep that has pushed balance composition into a poor place since you end up frequently punished for not stacking enough walls or wallbreakers
>>
Smogon don't matter, learn to think for yourselves.
>>
>>28737158
Please read the OP before commenting.
>>
>>28730931
Aegislash and maybe Mawile
>>
>>28733408
>auto trick room
>>
>>28732942
>Alolan Raichu will 100% be OU, Alogn with Tapu Koko. Electric Terrain teams will be a thing
Not in singles though
>>
>>28732818
Sub toxic aegislash was incredibly good. I think that sets growing popularity was the straw that broke the camels back with just how hard aegislash was to counter/plan for. 50/50s are always going to exist in competitive games but a single wrong move against aegislash could mean the game was over. Add to that you couldn't take advantage of his steel type/EQ weakness with trappers, he was extremely hard to deal with. He just had the versatility to deal with every potential check/counter, and while you can't run 8 moves and different natures/spreads at the same time, you can't narrow down exactly what that aegislash will do and it becomes a gamble with the opposing player always in a disadvantageous position
>>
>>28737730
CB Trapinch becomes OU
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.