[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did XY have as much hype as SM?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
Did XY have as much hype as SM?
>>
Not even close
>>
Nope.
>>
>>28730306
Before the release, the hype was huge. It was the first pokemon game in 3D. Everybody wanted to test the fairy type, mega-evolutions, riding pokemons etc...
>>
>>28730306
Xy barely had any video footage if I recall. It was dark.
>>
>>28730330
>>28730337

You guys must be new.
>>
>>28730428
Reminder that the reveal of Megas was hyped as the "scoop of the century."
>>
>>28730449
What?
The pre release is almost the exact same, Video reveals of new shit
>>
>>28730488
Been here since the start, Gen 6 designs were shit to me and many others killing hype. The only real hype was megas. Gen 7 has actual good mon designs
>>
>>28730306
Hell yeah

When Mega Mewtwo Y was revealed people lost their fucking shit

There were also way more fakemons
>>
>>28730306
XY literally hypes my friends to with buy their own 3ds for play it, because emulator in 2013 are not prepared
>>
I felt like it was hugely hyped. 3D. Fairy type. Very accessible starters. And they were the first games to really utilize social media advertising. There was merch everywhere. People thought this was going to revitalize the franchise. After that disappointment, I'm not getting too hyped for SM.
>>
Yes. Because it was the first 3d mainline game.
>>
>>28730428

>Everybody wanted to test the fairy type, mega-evolutions

You mean the two things that caused everyone to start saying Game Freak had "jumped the shark"? There was a lot more shitting all over each other than there was pure and earnest excitement.
>>
Not as much, but a lot. The 3D was exciting, but the new content (characters, new mons, setting) is so much more promising for SM. I think I only really liked Tyrunt, Swirlix and Xerneas of the mons shown before release, whereas I like more Alola Pokemon than I can fit in a couple parties. Hawaii is a more exciting inspiration than northern France too.

I'm still disappointed the sacred forest where Xerneas lives wasn't even in the dang game. That was really why I chose X over Y.
>>
>>28730449
>It was dark.

KEEEEEEK KEKEKEKEKEKEK KEK KEEEEEEK
No, it wasn't, Anon McAlzheimer.
>>
>>28730306
for me, it seemed to have more hype even.
>>
>>28730330
>>28730337
Either you two forgot what /vp/ was like then or you weren't even here.

Hype for X/Y was off the charts. It was our first actual 3D Pokemon game. The first one out for the 3DS. There were endless debates and hype threads, scores of Fairy-type believer vs. non-believers, leaks, etc.

There was a lot of hype. I'd say about as much as there is for S/M now.
>>
>>28730515
Sure kid. If pretending to be an oldfag makes you feel better about your shitty life then go ahead.
>>
>>28730573
And Sylveon of course, my bad. That was really hype
>>
>>28730501
Wait, GF themselves said that? Hahaha, oh shit. I mean, I love Mega Evolutions, but they were nowhere near that exciting, even upon reveal...
>>
>>28730563
People started to shit after the digestion.
>>
Anyone saying the X/Y hype doesn't compare to the S/M hype is letting their post-play impressions of Gen 6 cloud their memory. The months leading up to release of X/Y were crazy here.
>>
>>28730306
Megas,3D,Customizing your character, Megas, Fairy type, Starters, Yeah /vp/ was pretty excited for gen 6.
>>
Yeah, it was just like now
Which is why I fear SM will have the same disappointing fate
>>
>>28730515
>Pretending you're not a newfag
>Having such shit opinions
>>
I wasn't browsing around here during X and Y's hype train, but I don't remember getting really hyped until Megas were revealed. Meanwhile, I was getting hyped for Sun and Moon around Tapu koko's reveal.
>>
I'd think these have more hype
>>
>>28730306
I honestly think it was more hype back then than it is now. I blame the starter designs getting leaked so early.
>>
XY was a lot of bickering about fairy-type and mega evolutions. SM is definitely a lot less negative.

BW hype was the best.
>>
File: rtert.jpg (222KB, 1008x756px) Image search: [Google]
rtert.jpg
222KB, 1008x756px
>>28730599
I'm 26, I came to 4chan in 2005 and have been using /vp/ since the /vp/ split
>>
>>28730766
lol
>>
>>28730766
Hi fellow Marylandfag.
>>
>>28730766
Kek
>>
>>28730766
>trying this hard to prove strangers on the internet wrong

No wonder you're 26 and still use 4chan. You must be a huge loser IRL.
>>
>>28730529
ok
>>
Fairy types and Megas shook everyone a lot harder than Z moves.
>>
>>28730306
XY only relied on features, but the ACTUAL game was missing, kinda disappointing.
3d models, megas, super training, PSS, Super training,Amie, all cool stuff that i liked and enjoyed, i reallythought while playing "this is the best pokemon game ever".
But then you get the 2nd badge and the game is basically nonexistant, bland and empty as fuck
>>
>>28730766
That doesn't prove anything. You could be 26 and just found /vp/ yesterday.

Fuck off retard.
>>
XY was hyped beyond fucking reason, i remember the day it came out and people were praising it as the best games since platinum and black/white 2. Then after a few days everyone realised how hollow it was and started shitting on it.
>>
X/Y hype was much bigger here and on other gaming related websites. SM is a little less hyped in these sites, but it has a much bigger overall following thanks to better pre-release videos, pokemon go and people sharing things around on facebook and such.
>>
>>28730787
Sup

>>28730794
Why would I stop using the only site that actually has some semblance of free speech?

Everywhere is a safespace where people suck moderator cock.
>>
>>28730766
>>
>>28730868
I got banned for racism here a week ago so no this place doesn't support free speech anymore.

You're a loser, deal with it.
>>
>>28730868
>Why would I stop using the only site that actually has some semblance of free speech?
>Everywhere is a safespace where people suck moderator cock.

Uh, I hate to break it to you.
>>
File: 1473612315483.png (260KB, 530x407px) Image search: [Google]
1473612315483.png
260KB, 530x407px
>>28730766
>>
>>28730820
OP was asking about hype so I'm thinking he wanted to know how everyone felt BEFORE release, not after.
>>
>>28730306
Probably X and Y was the most hyped the series had been in recent years.

SM has good hype though
>>
>>28730515
Shut up, Buttscab.
>>
>>28731111
Those quads don't lie
>>
>>28730613
Fuck off reddit
>>
it was arguably bigger than sm hype. with megas, and 3d, and new typing.
even outside of vp i met tons of people who were planning on buying a 3ds to play the game after having been out of the franchise for years
>>
>>28730868
Free speech is very different than people not wanting to tolerate you being an unsociable retard
If u were really 26 you would probably understand that
>>
>>28730868
Dumbass
>>
>>28730904
>Being racist
Muh "Free speech"
>>
>>28730306
A lot more. This SM hype is nothing. But that's because of how awful XY/ORAS was. Everyone is wary of this crap.
>>
>>28732212
Hey, kill yourself not my man.
>>
>>28730306
It certainly had less of this ridiculous leak obsession that's been plaguing this board over the past few months
>>
Member when some people thought gogoat was going to be good?
>>
>>28730306
Basically yeah as this anon says >>28730428
got people hype. I think the major whiplash against the game came when people started seeing how things just weren't be taking to their full extent. Kalos is filled with interesting things that just aren't fully used.

Its really noticeable in the second half of the game but a lot of things are half arsed or smashed together.

The rivals just get worse and worse, especially annoying since GEN V nailed rivals/recurring fights. The majority Mega evolution aren't accessible and no one uses them. Even that lore is all over the place.

Worst of all there was no challenge mode, empty movesets and no real gym leader rematches. Which after BW2 was expected to be the norm
>>
>>28730794
Are you underage? 26 isnt that old
>>
>>28732212
>words hurt people
Confirmed nigger
>>
>>28730306
I mean, it was mixed at first, since it was an even-numbered Gen and came off of Gen V, which introduced the most Pokemon. A lot of people were expecting it to just roll with being 3D and not do much. But the hype was insane come the reveals of the Fairy type and Mega Evolutions.

And then we got to the week leading up to release, and people leaked everything. When we saw what the game offered, the hype train eventually derailed, crashed into a building full of orphaned puppies and burst into flames.
>>
>>28732522
According to a recent survey (1 or 2 weeks ago), most of the board is around 18-19.
So yeah, pretty much underage.
>>
There was even more, but revisionist history wants us to believe we all knew it was going to be shit and no one liked it.
>>
>>28730306
yes
>>
>>28730306

Yes they did, especially since XY were coming out directly after BW2, which are some of /vp/s favorite games

People were going of the wall, expecting so much, and then it came out...
>>
>>28730306
Yeah if not more. First 3D model game, Fairy types and Mega Evolutions brought more hype than Ultra Beasts, Alolan forms and Z-moves.
>>
>>28730766
>birth date
>issue date
>zipcode
technically still dox-vulnerable
protect you identity better, you goof.
>>
It definitely had hype, but S/M has much more. There are so many damn trailers already and yet we know less than we did with X/Y this far before the release. I am personally more hyped as I like the idea of Alolan Forms way more than Megas. Also, hopefully this gen has at least 30 more new Pokes than Gen6 did; that was a bummer.
>>
Hopefully back on topic, XY had probably a bit more hype behind it.
A few exceptions would be the reveal of team flare, which people were not impressed about, and the rivals.
>>
>>28730306
>SITTING ON BENCHES
>>
>>28730868
Free Speech simply means you can say what you want and the government shouldn't be able to shut you don't for it; to a certain degree.

It doesn't mean that everybody else has to tolerate your shit, or that you can say something against the rules and not be kicked in the ass for it.
>>
>>28730766
You're also a sub-6' manlet
>>
>>28733026
The average male American mens height is 177 cm, which is 69.7 inches, which is approximately 5 foot – 10 inches tall. (for white males*).

http://halls.md/average-height-men-height-weight/
>>
I'm personally more hype for SM than I was for XY. Plus, with the whole GO craze, I'd argue Pokemon is the biggest it's been in years.
>>
>>28732212
only thin skin is black skin or woman skin
>>
When Mega Mewtwo Y leaked, mind you before we knew Megas existed, there was a stickied thread with thousands of replies as well as the board being filled with threads about it anyway.
General hope for SM is probably way higher, but mot hype.
>>
>>28730306
Initially it did, but people started losing faith leading up to the game unlike SuMo.
>>
>>28730766
HEY MARYLAD, YOU DOWN TO FUCK?
>>
>>28732633
That's the same demographics as /fa/, though this board didn't get destroyed by it like /fa/ did.
>>
It's hilarious to remember people were gushing about all the new things X/Y was introducing to the series and now people just bitch about things it didn't have. I hope everyone's keeping their expectations for S/M reasonable.
>>
File: xoxMFOD.png (13KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
xoxMFOD.png
13KB, 679x427px
>>28731276
Gonna humbly request that you drink the tallest glass of bleach available, and possibly share a few drinks of it with mommy so she can't squeeze out any more goons who think they enforce their own little Big Boyz Club.
>>
>>28730515
>Gen 6 designs were shit to me
it's funny how you think your tastes are valid
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.