[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Z-Move prediction/Wish list/General thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Eevee-Z-Move.jpg (55KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Eevee-Z-Move.jpg
55KB, 800x450px
So far the Z-moves seem great, I at least am positively surprised after seeing Eevee's boosting z-move, it opens up the possibilities for z-moves, I was thinking they might only make "full on power" attacking moves but luckily not.

There are a lot possibilities for the Z-moves such as making shitmons and first/second stage pokemons better and more usable with different kind of Z-moves, each with their own benefits, apparently every pokemon can use Z-move but since its only 1 per game, you might not want to use it just on the strongest pokemons.

Say example. you have "standard" fire-type Z-move with just raw ~150 base power without secondary effects, but you also have pokemon-specific Z-moves, lets just say a Flareon with 140bp fire move that hits both opponents in doubles with 100% burn rate or what about more supportive stuff like Rapidash having a physical 120bp fire move that brings up the sun for 10 turns? Might not want to use those previously dominant Fire pokemons anymore.

That kind of stuff I would like to see but I'm not really expecting to get.

My Z-move wishlist is pretty much just to get different kind of moves for different formats and with different possibilities, like double target hitting moves and supportive moves, also Greninja having "Giant Water Shuriken" from TCG as a Z-move would be pretty cool, like 140bp priority water move.

When it comes to predictions, Eevee's boosting Z-move just caught me off guard so badly that I don't even know anymore.

So do you guys have any predictions for what kind of Z-moves we might get? And do you have any wishes for z-moves? I'm curious to hear if you guys got any.
>>
>>28727559
They're not gonna use Z-Moves to balance old shit. They're gonna give them to iconic mons to promote this shitty new gimmick and I hope they didn't waste too much time on it.
>>
>>28727605
It's too early to say that but I don't really have high hopes either, I just see some possibility, it can't really be ruled out just yet.
>>
I agree there are lots of possibilities but I guess we'll see soon
>>
>>28727559
I wish that they would go away
>>
>>28728182
and why is that?
>>
>>28728194
It's a shit one turn move that will be manly useless in competive. Plus i don't think i'll use them in game (unlike mega pokemon). It seem game freak are throwing in half-assed gimimick's each gen, gen 8 could have syncro or some dumb transformation shit
>>
>>28727559
Hoping new gets crabhammer z-ability
>>
>>28728309
it's not like competitive pokemon is worth a shit anyway
>>
>>28728309
>shit
anon, this one move will make Eevee semi-viable. Z-moves have a lot of potential.
>>
File: 1474220308339.jpg (151KB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
1474220308339.jpg
151KB, 500x459px
>>28728338
>gets oneshot before it can even get the z-move off
>>
if jigglypuff hadn't been shafted by Nintendo I'd see her getting a singing Z-Move that'd be cool
>>
>>28728338
What he said. As long as they don't give this kind of powerful moves to the previously dominant pokemons we might just have more balanced game even.

>>28728337
What is this supposed to mean, VGC prizes just got a shit ton bigger and better, they seem to be trying to make it more popular too.

>>28728389
Can't tell if stupid or just bait
>what is max bulk + baton pass
>what is double screens support
>what is doubles fake out/follow me
>>
File: 1473782825247.jpg (65KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1473782825247.jpg
65KB, 500x375px
>>28728455
>still dies
>>
>>28728455
It's still shit, you're better off with other tactics
>>
>>28728519
When it comes to doubles, you don't really know what is good until you know the rule-set of the year and singles idk. You could use it for fun to setup whatever, its not like singles is that serious anyway hence no prizes.
>>
>>28728519
>baton pass to LO Espeon
>win
>>
>>28728639
>seel used haze!
>>
>>28728734
>Espeon used Water Blast!
>>
>>28728734
I'd say that would mean it's a threat if people started carrying Haze on their team
>>
>>28727605
Or give them to whoever has a funny idea and a favorite. Like why the fuck did Kangaskhan get a mega, is it super popular in Japan? Why did Gengar and Alakazam get megas while Machamp and Golem didn't? Why did Mawile and Sableye, single stage shitmons, get megas instead of cross gen evos like single stage shitmons got in gen 4? If someone say LOL EVIOLITE as an excuse there's literally nothing stopping them from taking that out of the game. Sure, it un-retcons Rhyperior unfortunately, but if that's the price I have to pay for M-Mawile being a permanent pokemon I'd endure it.

Honestly the way they went about megas pissed me off more than anything. It should have been only for starters and maybe a few iconic 3 stage lines, but only for 3rd stage pokemon. Now nothing's ever going to get a cross gen evo.
>>
>>28727605
correction: they'll give exclusive z-moves to like two shitmon so whenever you try to complain that they're just pandering to genwunners some asshole can stick his head in and go "BUT LOOK AT THESE TWO EXAMPLES OF THEM MAKING SHITMON VIABLE!!"
>>
>>28728843
>thinking of everything in terms of /vp/ shitposts
I'm going to leave, I don't want to sink to your level

bye forever, you fucks were better 3 months ago
>>
>>28728870
Wewlad, its been pretty bad lately indeed.
>>
>>28728810
kangashan, gengar and alakazam got megas because they got people in gamefreak sucking tajiris dick 24/7, mawile and sableye probably got megas because they were popular exclusives and they already went total random on that shit like you said.
>>
Wish List for S/M:
> Special Attack Ghost-Type Priority move that bypasses subs/protect
> Normal/Ghost-type Pokemon
> Significant BST increases to popular shitmons
>>
>>28729394
>Special Attack Ghost-Type Priority move that bypasses subs/protect
cut back on the shrooms motherfucker
>>
>>28729394
> Significant BST increases to popular shitmons
We got pic related in X/Y, did we get any in OrAs tho? I don't remember. I think we got some new moves at least.

Even some more small buffs would be great, shit like 10 more speed for Raichu actually mattered a lot, it even won worlds championships.
>>
>there is going to be a Z-move that uses 3 layers of spikes, sticky web and stealth rock in one turn.
>>
File: buffsxy.png (121KB, 1586x955px) Image search: [Google]
buffsxy.png
121KB, 1586x955px
>>28729505
Woops forgot the pic.
>>
>>28728810
What's wrong with Kangaskhan getting a mega? It was probably one of the best mega concepts to date.

I would love if they gave her a pre-evo, as well as an alternate adult male form. But getting a mega wasn't a bad move. It is too strong to get a proper evolution, anyway, unless they did it like Porygon-z and only add 20 extra points to it.
>>
>>28729626
He didn't say it's wrong, he said it seems completely random as for what pokemon got megas.
>>
>>28729655
Oh, sure, they are pulling them out seemingly at random. But it really was one of the better concepts, even if a pre-evo baby Kangas would have made more sense.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.