[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are they ripping off from Digimon, first the megas now this???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: digimonworld.jpg (117KB, 1023x368px) Image search: [Google]
digimonworld.jpg
117KB, 1023x368px
Why are they ripping off from Digimon, first the megas now this???
>>
>>28727454
voce es esto, 2009?
>>
>>28727454
fuck off richard
>>
Good names. Terrible gameplay.
>>
>>28727490
rodolfo?
>>
>>28727454
So the Gen 7 remakes (confirmed for 2026) will be Dawn Sun and Dusk Moon... good to know.
>>
>>28727454
I know this is bait, but "megas" in Pokemon and Digimon are two different things with the same name.
And now I want to play these games again. But they're a grindfest
>>
>>28727646
>I know this is bait
HOW'D YOU FIGURE THAT ONE ANON?
>>
As much as I like Digimon, Pokemon hasn't had to steal/adapt much from them. Pretty much every Digimon game has been different from every other Digimon game (almost none share the same format and battle systems until recently) so if anything, Digimon has become more like Pokemon over time.

Digimon changed from being a digital tamagochi esque pet, to being a "this is a tamagochi and you can only have one, but you can adventure around and try to follow this story", and it has slowly bounced back and forth between ideas (usually related to the Anime series at the time), only to recently settle on a very similar gameplay experience as Pokemon (you have one to three Digimon out at once, it is turn based, you can "catch" more Digimon, there are hold items, etc etc.)

Mega evolution probably did borrow from Digimon, but just as Digimon has adapted to be more similar to the more consistent (and as a result, more popular, Pokemon series), Pokemon has adapted some Digimon concepts and added their own twists (one trio of Pokemon can sort of fuse, Megas require an item to be held, etc.)

Both series have strong points and flaws, so if they can borrow from each other to have fewer flaws, great.
>>
>>28727673
I graduated primary school

I just wanted to say it, because I know there are people that don't follow Digimon and get fooled by the name.
>>
>>28727511
this.
Though the plot wasn't bad either.
>>
>>28727454
They ripped off Megaman too.
>red sun blue moon
>>
>>28727919
>Pokemon copied Digimon and Megaman
Funny, considering the idea of counterpart games started with red and green.
>>
>>28728724
No it didn't.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.