[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

find a flaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: the best tier.png (208KB, 882x962px) Image search: [Google]
the best tier.png
208KB, 882x962px
find a flaw
>>
Why is 3.41% the cutoff?
>>
>>28727463
It's apparently when you are at least 50% likely to see it in 20 battles.
>>
>>28727353
It's a fucking BL, that's the flaw
>>
>>28727353
Dragalge, Pangoro and Froslass are too good for it.
>>
>>28727353
Oh wow, several mons I like are in here. I kind of want to use Pangoro in SM now.
>>
>>28727353
Why are BL tiers getting so big recently? Last gen they had 7 and 2 Pokémon respectively, now it's 17 and 20 Pokémon, what went wrong?
>>
>>28729330
They went ban happy.
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 1438x1415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 1438x1415px
I cannot
>>
>>28727353

Wouldn't all these pokemon (not toally but somewhat) balance each other out? Mega steelix wouldn't be OP with moltres and houndoom and shit.

this is dumb as fuck
>>
>>28729346
This, fucking Hydreigon got suspect tested in Uu and will probably end up being in Bl cause muh Draco Meteor too strong despite it being in the same tier as Sylveon, it's counter
>>
All those weak ass megas when mega mom exists
>>
>>28729397
Great, so they're gonna now ban one of the best fire powers in UU to ? I think I'm just gonna limit myself to regular Wi-Fi from now on.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160923-140149.jpg (245KB, 1435x589px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160923-140149.jpg
245KB, 1435x589px
>>
>>28729346
Out of these I only find Moltres and Dragalge questionable though, the rest clearly deserves the ban. I see it more as a bad case of power creep desu.
>>
>Salamence, Gyarados and Metagross managed to fit just fine in UU
>Staraptor is still in BL

What the hell is up with this bird?
>>
>>28727353
I love me some Noivern, Slurpuff, and Tyrantrum. Highly underrated mons desu.
>>
>>28729397

I'm personally not for the Hydreigon suspect, I don't see the point right now, but Sylveon counters Hydreigon? Since when?
>>
>>28729384

No, they really wouldn't. Hence, why they all got suspected and all got banned.
>>
what's a nice set for Dragalge? I really wanna try one since I love it's design, and most underused mons seem to do great in OU or above, since people don't expect them.

Is he more utility or defensive or both? defensive sp attacker perhaps? never really tried him out. I'm leaning more towards sp. wall with some offense
>>
>>28729602

Salamence got recently banned from UU (took them long enough, not sure why they even allowed it back in UU in the first place when they previously banned it from XY UU) and Metagross received too many nerfs (gaining a dark and ghost weakness, as well as getting it's main stab move nerfed) so it's not even broken in UU.
>>
>>28730027
Alright, I kinda get that then. I still don't get what's with Staraptor though. Is it really that hard to deal with? I know it hits like a truck but I'm still curious.
>>
>>28730254

Yep, that's the thing. Staraptor for UU is fast and OHKO'd or just barely doesn't anyone who doesn't resist it. And then with Final Gambit most of it's counters become checks at best, it's most reliable counter being Mega Aerodactyl but it already has to be in it's mega state, and you have to not have rocks on your side, and Mega Aggron if it doesn't have Final Gambit.
>>
>>28729724
Sylveon counters every set without Iron Tail or Flash Cannon. I guess it can't be considered an hard counter because both moves are reasonably common, but it's still an huge threat for Hydreigon.
>>
>>28729776
Max HP/ Max SpA
Modest
Hydro Pump
Focus Blast
Draco Meteror
Sludge Bomb
Choice Specs
Adaptability
If you can saftley switch in, with a trick room set up, you'll be unstoppable
>>
>>28729776

I use an adaptability dragalge with draco meteor, sludge wave, toxic spikes, and scald

Even being a specially defensive set it is surprisingly powerful since adaptability gives a lot of power behind sludge wave and draco meteor even with minimal offensive investment

>hurdur smogon
Good moves are good moves, nothing getting around that
>>
>>28730533
yeah trick room seems ideal for an offenssive set like this, I'll give it a try
>>28730641
this one sounds great for some utility too, while hitting hard which comes useful

alright thanks for the input lads
>>
>>28729330
>recently
Check gen3's BL, that thing is stupid.
>>
>>28729397
How the fuck is that thing being suspect tested. Florges and Slyveon hard wall it with 4x SE stab attack
>>
>>28731026
>49 mons

What the fuck? That's big enough to be its own playable tier. That's almost double of G/S which had 25.
>>
>>28731026
Gen 3 BL was just autists saying "lol this mon is too strong let's ban it" often without even playtesting them(I'm not making this up, there was a thread a while back about gen 3 players wanting to revamp ADV UU and they specifically mentioned this as the reason why BL is so huge). In gen 4, 5 and gen 6 BL has been handled with actual suspect tests.
>>
can someone explain why shuckle was banned? It seems really passive and has no recovery
>>
>>28731142
Suddenly that explains why Jumpluff is there.
>>
>>28731051
because it's annoying to be forced to run sylveon or florges if you don't want ot be bodied by hydreigon and even if you have them, iron tail 2hkos them

although i think conkeldurr is more broken than it
>>
>>28731237
Yeah, it seems really weird seeing stuff like that, Dodrio and Scizor in BL.
>>
>>28731279
Yeah, but iron tail is very inaccurate and is very unlikely even on the switch to kill them
>>
>>28730483
I'm pretty sure Sylveon can take 2 Flash Cannons,maybe not if Hydrei runs specs though
>>
>>28731294
Scizor was a decently good baton passer back then I think. All Jumpluff could do was try to Encore a slower set up wallbreaker like a shittier Whimsicott or run a subseed set.
>>
>>28731219
Guaranteed setup of Sticky Web in a tier that has few ways to reliably remove it. It + 5 HO Pokemon were too common in the tier, and one of the few options to deal with it, Xatu, would just end up bodied by the other Pokemon without actually removing Shuckle.
>>
>>28731369
0 Atk Hydreigon Iron Tail vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 214-252 (54.7 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

if you run offense, scarf hydreigon destroys you and gets a kill no matter what

if you run balance, LO hydreigon destroys your life

if you run stall and semi-stall, stallbreaker hydreigon destroys your life

hydreigon is pretty broken desu playing the suspect test makes you realize it because you aren't forced to run mach punch on offense or a fairy on more defensive teams
>>
>>28731387
I see, makes more sense now, thanks.
>>
>>28731464
I said Flash Cannon, but fair enough, are there not any walls that can T Wave it without getting 2 shot from common sets?
>>
>>28731377
I just don't see it being broken in UU or anything. It fits in Baton Pass stuff, but it's not amazing or anything. Its offensive movepool is so bad even Flareon wouldn't be jealous.
>>
>>28729744
yes they would. you're just a smogonite about to get fucked in the ass.
>>
>>28731464
Run the specs set since it's only a 55% chance of Slyveon get hit twice and it only needs to attack once
>>
>>28729384
Well no. If you want MHoundoom and Moltres to counter MSteelix you frist need something to counter them first,
They ban one mon and then ban the next, there was a point when any of those was baned so is obvious that they dont balance each other.
>>
>>28731554

lol you couldn't be any more wrong.
>>
>>28727353
moltres existing at all
>>
Dugtrio isn't in it.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.