[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maybe D/P Remakes Will Be Both For The NX And 3DS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (174KB, 1536x1651px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174KB, 1536x1651px
2017 will be about 10 years since Diamond/Pearl and the original game and remake seem to be around 10 years apart so it is likely that possibly late next year we will get Diamond/Pearl remakes. Since the NX may be reolacing the 3DS and Wii U do you think the D/P remakes will be both for the NX and 3DS and start G8 or something else on the NX? It surely is possible cause the 3DS uses high quality 3D models, they are just extremely scaled down with added cell shading. The NX would just have to use unscaled 3D models
>>
>>28726115
Remakes never start a generation. Gen 8 obviously is going to be the first nx pokemon game
>>
DPPt remakes will probably be the last Pokemon game for the DS family
>>
>>28726148
They won't jump right from G 6-7. And I guarantee that the game they are working on will be done by next year and a generation never lasts just a year, it lasts at least 2
>>
>>28726148
remakes always start a nintendo console the year of its release
>>
>>28726148

it is 100% confirmed it's gen 8? seems a little unbeleivable that it would happen so fast
>>
The NX game of pokemon might just be a Dungeon game or something else. It's not an important game.
>>
I doubt they will release it for the 3DS. First because you can already play the original there even if due to retro compatibility and also because if they do a remake it wil probably be next year at least or most likely 2018 and by that time 3DS will be replaced by the new handheld/whatever the fuck the NX is.
I really think Nintendo is planning on mergeing their 2 consoles into one and Pokemon is going to be one of their biggest flagships to move the new system which will be with SM and why they are going full 3D and bigger models and all that stuff.
>>
>>28726192
XY didn't come out until several years after the 3DS, I got white and got my 3DS on launch day like 2-3 months later. We could see a similar situation to gen 5 where they skip DP remakes for a gen, do gen 8 on the NX a few years later, then a few years after that they do remakes.
>>
>>28726115
>D/P remakes will be both for the NX and 3DS
This seems the more likely option.

We know a Pokémon game for the NX is coming next year, but I really don't think Gen 8 would come so early, and since third versions seem to be dead, it's either an SM port for the NX (which would be pretty underwhelming) or DP remakes.

But Red and Blue re-remakes are also a possibility
>>
>>28726207
Gamefreak doesn't make Dungeon games, or any spin-offs in general, only mainline games, and it seems that a game made by GF is supposed to come out within 5 months after the NX is released.
>>
File: controllermode.png (69KB, 264x255px) Image search: [Google]
controllermode.png
69KB, 264x255px
DiaPea remakes will be only on nx
screencap this
>>
>>28726239
>do gen 8 on the NX a few years later,

Every where I've been reading has stated that it's launch window, which means no later than Q2 of 2017
>>
>>28726248
>We know a Pokémon game for the NX is coming next year
Sequel to Colosseum/Gale of Darkness please
>>
>>28726115
Why are people so desperate for remakes of every game?
>>
>>28726115
>DS mode
>you just flip the screen
Now I'm feeling dumb for having never considered that. Good to know that series that depend on a second screen like Etrian Odyssey won't die with the NX.
>>
The REAL question here is whether GF made this game or not. We can't know for sure
>>
I don't think GameFreak wants to spend too much time on the 3DS and gen 7. Usually when a new console comes out, the console before it still receives new games for only another year. That's what we saw with the DS and Wii. So if this is the case with the NX, there will only be new Wii U and 3DS games until 2018 or maybe even before then due to the NX's estimated potential. So my opinion is that we will get a sequel to Sun and Moon (most likely Mars or Earth) sometime in late 2017/early 2018. 2018/2019 will most likely be the start of Gen 8 on the NX and will most likely be the gen with the DP remakes.
>>
>>28726415
Why would they use the NX's first game for the 7th gen and not the 8th gen?
>>
>>28726450
They wouldn't. Mars/Earth would still be on the 3DS much like how B2W2 was still on the DS after the 3DS's launch.
>>
No, unless the 3ds does no longer use ds games we will dont need it.
>>
>>28726468
So what about the NX game next year? GF makes only main titles.
>>
>>28726556
The staff works on plenty of side titles though.
>>
>>28726182
No generation has lasted less than 3 years.
>>
>>28726556
Just because one place said they're doing one doesn't mean they are.
>>
>>28726115
NX will probably be backwards compatible with 3DS given that all games are going to be on flashcarts. Instead of letting you use 3D you'll be able to play on the TV.
>>
>>28726709
3D has worse graphics than a smartphone. They need to stop making consoles with shit graphics
>>
>>28726279
Source that GF is working on a NX Pokemon game?
>>
>>28726415
Xy were released 2 years after the 3ds.
>>
>>28726760
Smartphones in 2010 had shit graphics too
>>
>>28726115
Diamond and pearl is already going to be 10 years old in like 6 days
>>
>>28726187
What are you kidding?
>>
>>28726287
>Every where I've been reading has stated that it's launch window
That's all speculation there has been no confirmation of a pokemon game in the release window or even conformation of a main game at that.
The only thing we know for sure is that there will be some kind of pokemon game.
>>
>>28727340
I think he was talking about the launch of the NX which has been confirmed March 2017.
>>
>>28726709
I think it was stated there would be no backwards compatibility
>>
>>28727156
They announced it a couple of days ago. The announcement was just "yeah, we're going to be making games for this". There was an earlier "rumor" about a Pokemon game being on the thing at launch, which is why everyone's jumping to the conclusion that Gamefreak is making some kind of launch title, when they haven't said anything about when.
>>
>>28727224
Jesus christ. Those were my first Pokemon games. I feel old now
>>
>>28726115
No, remakes are based on console generation. NX will get gen 8 in one or two years and then D/P remakes will follow shortly after.
>>28726182
Yeah the next game is for NX. What, you thought S/M would get a third version? Haha, you don't know.
>>
>>28727637
Try starting with RBY...THEN you'll feel d.
>>
>>28727659
I have FireRed, but I get what you mean.
>>
>>28727637
the sinnohfetuses are real
>>
>>28727711
Guilty as charged. Also, nice double dubs.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.