[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon World General #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: cubone.jpg (137KB, 835x956px) Image search: [Google]
cubone.jpg
137KB, 835x956px
Welcome to the first Pokemon World General thread!

This is the place to discuss how the inner workings of the pokemon world function and to post your own headcanons. You may also discuss what you would do if you were able to become a pokemon trainer.

Some topics of conversation can be:
Does the pokemon world have a government?
How does one become a gym trainer?
What types of pokemon would be the easiest and hardest to train?

Which region would you want to live in?
What would be your starter pokemon (doesn't have to be an official startermon)?
Would you specialize in a certain type or multiple types? Think about the positives + negatives, such as finances, type difficulty, etc.

This is the place to let your autism shine! However, no roleplaying allowed please. As there are other threads for that.
>>
>>28717491
>What types would be easiest/hardest to train?

That's an interesting topic. I'd say Fairy types are easiest since most seem almost naturally docile. Hardest would probably be Dark, since they often seem mischievous and aggressive.
>>
>>28717491
Bumping because this thread has potential
>>
>>28717657
Of course these aren't the only questions. Feel free to discuss anything you want!

I agree that probably fairy, normal and grass would be some of the more easier types to train. Though I personally think that poison and dragon types would be the most difficult. Seeing as most dragon types are extremely destructive and aggressive. Poison because of the obvious.

>>28717731
Heh. Thanks Anon, though it's only been a few minutes. I'm hoping these threads can become a regular thing.
>>
I'd just want to hang out with my mons, nothing really special. I'd probably have a lot of different kinds of mons.

I don't think any pokemon would be that hard to train, save for if they have a personality that clashes with yours. If you can't get along, they probably wouldn't follow you anyway.
>>
>>28717805
im sure it would be similar to dogs and other domesticated animals. Some dogs pick up tricks and listen well even with minimal training, My dogs aren't quite there. and it could be really specific things a well, Dachshunds are notoriously hart to house train, Maybe rockruff are good but Eevee shit everywhere?
>>
>>28717805
I would probably mostly chill out as well. I couldn't see myself being a trainer or really battling that much.

I talk about it a lot in these sort of threads, but I would most likely work in the Nacrene City Library. There's not a region based on Canada yet, so I guess Unova would be the closest to Ontario when I think about it.

I would probably just have a few fairy pokemon and maybe a normal pokemon or two seeing as some fairy pokemon used to be classifed as normal type.

I can see normal or fairy type being quite a popular beginning type for first time pokemon owners. Most regional rodents, cats, dogs, and birds are normal type so they would probably make good starters for regular folks.

Basically I would do what I do now as a library technician in the Nacrene Library. Just spend lots of time around books and helping students, new trainers and researchers. I would spend my off days just hanging out in the local cafe and all the art shows/warehouses that are all around Nacrene.

Vacations would spent travelling to other regions and seeing what other fairy mons there are and how the relate to the local cultures and customs of that area.
>>
>>28717909
Downside to Rockruff is that you have to go through a lot of trouble when they start to mature. I'd say Lillipup are better.
>>
I also have thought that most people would probably specialize in a type that works well with their career. So maybe a psychic pokemon for a scientist or a grass pokemon for a landscaper or forest ranger.

On a side note I'm curious besides them needing to fill out all the type combo's why would Bewear be Normal/Fighting and Oranguru Normal/Psychic. The normal type seems to somewhat contradict their other typings and vice versa in my mind, at least.
>>
bumping for the night. Hopefully this thread will still be here in the morning. night /vp/
>>
I'd love to make a swinging jazz band with my pokemon and just go around the world performing at small time clubs, eventually making a name for myself. Of course I'd probably snag myself a swanky looking murkrow to be best buds with
>>
bump so this doesn't die
>>
>>28717491
How would gym battles work?
>>
>>28717491
>Does the pokemon world have a government?
Yes.
I imagine it ultimately functions as some sort of military junta, led by the elite 4/champion. Technically the champion is supposed to step down when defeated, but they have means of forcing them to not actually take it. Even Blue was forced to step down pretty quickly, and your humiliation of him definitely didn't help matters. Really, the entire league system is a sham to give the government legitimacy.
>How does one become a gym trainer?
You're appointed by the Elite 4. Koga -> Janine was probably closely related to Koga's promotion. Drayden and Cheren were both well trusted by Iris. Blue is a bit weirder, but presumably after resigning as champion he remained in the Elite 4's inner circle.
>What types of pokemon would be the easiest and hardest to train?
I'm not sure it would depend on type so much. Would an Umbreon be harder to train than a Klefki? Definitely not. But would a Togepi be harder to train than a Purrloin? Also probably not. There's probably vague trends though, but nothing definitive.
>Which region would you want to live in?
Unova and Kalos both seem like good places to live. Probably I'd go with Unova.
>What would be your starter pokemon (doesn't have to be an official startermon)?
Growlithe.
>Would you specialize in a certain type or multiple types? Think about the positives + negatives, such as finances, type difficulty, etc.
I probably wouldn't have more than three pokemon. They seem both much more difficult to train and much more expensive to handle than actual pets. Doubly so if you're battling with them! There's a reason most trainers don't have a full team.
I'd probably have, in addition to my Growlithe/Arcanine, a water type for surfing and a flying type for flying.
A floatzel or especially a vaporeon would probably be the sanest waters to take care of. They don't need to be in the water and probably have reasonable diets.
For flying... Xatu probably is very easy to train.
>>
Isn't the hardest type to train canonically Dragon?I think someone said it in the games
>>
What kind of holidays do you guys think the Pokemon World celebrates?
>>
I always really like to imagine how Pokémon would work as real animais in our real world.

I love the games' universe, but I usually gravitate towards thinking how would battling be accepted, how would industry and public facilities work with Pokémon.

But following the theme of the thread:

Sinnoh! It's my favorite region by far, being more cold.
>What would be your starter pokemon (doesn't have to be an official startermon)?
I'm gonna be a faggot and say Beldum. Metagross is my favourite pokémon despite it being rare as fuck and overpowered.
>Would you specialize in a certain type or multiple types?
I think I'd get pokémon that suited my personality and wouldn't be too difficult to handle. I think that if I had a team I'd go with: Metang, Togekiss, Growlithe, Lapras, Espeon and Snorlax. All around bunch of nice friends.
If I had to work, I think I'd do something Pokémon related. Not sure what.
>>
>>28723827
I would assume it would depend on the region. I can see Unova celebrating typical American holidays and Johto celebrating japan's holydays etc.

I guess places on top of that there would be holidays or days of worship/respect to mythical and legendary pokemon. Probably even festivals.

I'm actually surprised that there hasn't even been a calender type of thing implemented in the game so certain holidays could give away event pokemon or have certain festivals. It would be kind of neat to have something like catching a special type of Delibird on Christmas eve/day. Or a Cherrim/Cherubi during the start of cherry blossom season or the first day of spring.
>>
>>28723741
I would think so.
>>
>>28723978
I like to think the same things as well such as the ethics, and how it would all work out. Feel free to post your theory's or concerns. The questions were just some things to break the ice, I dig your answers though. Seems like a nice team to go through life with.
>>
Thought up some more questions. You can pick and choose which ones to answer of course.

>Some pokemon world related questions:

How would Legendary pokemon work in a real life setting? Would they be catchable? Worshipped? Religious deities? Weapons controlled by the government?

Would crime be a big problem in this world?

How difficult would it be raising a pokemon? Would it be similar to how pets work?

Would there still be a 6 pokemon limit? Or would people have access to a PC where they can store loads of pokemon?

Would there be licenses to become a trainer? How would this work? Would a 10-yr old really be allowed to travel alone? Or would there be an older age limit (18+?)

What else would require an official license? Breeding, contests, etc.

>Some "You in the Pokemon World" questions:

What age did you get your first starter pokemon? How did you meet?

What's your backstory?

Would your life be any different in this world? (more/less success, more/less happiness, etc)
>>
>>28724147
I guess I'll expand more on the ethics part of my post.

I feel like similar to how there are animal rights groups and vegans/vegetarians there would be some ethical concerns with battling.

In some ways it mirrors dog or bird fighting in the real world. Both animals are put against eachother and fight until there are serious injuries or one taps out. Now this is assuming that pokemon have somewhat the same intelligence as animals in our world. And that in a way there can't consent to battling and it's up to the person taking care of them.

Though if I think about it pokemon would probably be a lot more intelligent than the average dog or chicken. Or maybe intelligence would vary by type. Psychic, ghost, dragon types would be more intelligent overall than normal/grass/fighting etc. Also assuming most people have a sort of connection to their pokemon as being able to kind of communicate, maybe pokemon would actually like to battle.

I don't know it's kind of hard to really ponder. I can't personally imagine pokemon liking to fight unless it's similar to wrestling where no-one actually gets that hurt. But seeing how there's stuff like potions, berries, and pokemon centers in every town maybe it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

OP here, thanks to whoever bumped it during the night. I was so happy to see this thread still around! I'll keep making these threads as long as they're are people interested. If I'm not around when the thread 404's feel free to copy/paste and make a new thread. Add your own questions if you want!
>>
I would imagine dark, dragon and ghost types would be hard to train and bring up in a lot of cases, whereas poison and fire types could be quite dangerous if not trained well. I can't help but think Pokémon like Aggron would be overpowered in the world due to their size and strength. Also, wouldn't water types be weak battlers on land mostly?
>>
You do not want to see me argue ethics. Let's just say it's part of why I disagree with the game world.

Pokemon are like family or how you would treat any other person. Training them is like teaching anyone a skill; it takes time and patience, and the pokemon has to actually want to do it. This works for all forms of it, whether it be training for battle or training for life. I've said before that I think this is what gyms are really for, a place where you can learn how to apply your pokemon's abilities. Mind you, they can elect to take on this training themselves.

"Trainers" as most people understand them, do not exist. They are merely people who work with pokemon or use pokemon for their profession. The only "trainer" that does really exist are the people who instruct pokemon on how to use their powers. The people who work for gyms and coach them through battles. It is the pokemon themselves that are doing all the strategy and maneuvering. The trainer is there for support more than anything. Yes, there is a license for this. Who would allow someone who doesn't know what they're doing to instruct someone? No, I don't think a kid could do this, nor would they be allowed to. Due to the particulars involved, I would wager one wouldn't be able to do this until they are a legal adult. Breeding is an entirely different discipline, but I would still think one would need to be an adult simply to guarantee quality. Same to do anything similar professionally. All of these things do have amateur circuits and even junior competitions, but must be done with an adult's permission.
>>
Divining what would have happened to me in the pokemon world is a difficult task. If I were to equate my actual life with pokemon, I probably would've been given something common as a starter and I would've done the things most people do with their pokemon. Even in real life, I sucked at sports, I would've tried all that stuff and grown to hate it. I am not a sports guy. I was, however, very studious, which I would figure would translate to exceptional ability with pokemon. (just not for battle) I would've been highly interested in poke science, and would know more than most would about how pokemon work and even how their powers function. I would not be suited for real poke science, though. I was not prepared for becoming involved in the scientific community and I can't logic for beans. That is if I was demanded to know organic chemistry, and I don't see why I wouldn't. It is my dream to work with pokemon, but not any profession. Just to care for them. I am not interested in a medical profession. It seems to me as if I would be suited for a Day Care, but I am no breeder, nor do I support trying to make the "perfect" pokemon. I believe more that a pokemon can work to reach the limits of their ability on their own. Genetics has nothing to do with it. I just want to live peacefully with my pokemon. I do not even imagine I would have many, and pokeballs are merely a formality to me. I keep them outside as much as I can.
>>
>>28724527
>>28724715
I'm the same way on the ethics part. I might've even joined team plasma if they were actually about animal rights seeing as I aim to do similar stuff like that in real life. Yeah I'm one of those vegetarian/veganfags.

Even though I could probably become a pokemon ranger or someone who works in pokemon sanctuary's, I would most likely stick to the library job I've describe earlier in the thread. I'm not much for actual conflict and I think it would hurt too much to see pokemon abuse cases just like seeing animal abuse in the real world.

For the pokemon I do have it would be more of a pet/companion animal type of thing. I would probably have only a few fairy pokemon and they would mostly hang out in the library and be outside of their pokeballs and do little things like shelving or helping some library patrons.

I would treat them like I treat my pets and animals in real life. Talk to them, groom them, all that stuff and treating them like a living, thinking creature rather than just an accessory or tool.
>>
>>28724483
Yeah, that's one of the problems with water pokemon that are fish I think. In the anime even Misty says that water pokemon can't battle on land, but I assumed she meant fish-based ones because Squirtle and Cloyster can battle just fine.

I would also think that some pokemon may need to be in environments suited for them. Like grass pokemon need areas with lots of sunlight and warmth where as ice pokemon need cold climates.
>>
Also I have to wonder what Ghost pokemon feed off of. If it's life energy I can't imagine any trainers really training them unless they're a coroner or something like that.
>>
>>28725187
I'm pretty sure we've seen Ghost types in the anime eating normal Pokemon food. I imagine their bodies probably process food differently though. I kinda doubt they even need to
eat in the first place.
>>
>>28717657
Dragon or fire I'd assume
>>
>>28725187
I cannot properly explain Ghost pokemon due to having no analogy to make. They are a creature of some sort, but I have no idea how their biology works. Their POWERS are life energy. If they feed off life energy, then a lot of pokemon feed off life energy due to a lot of attacks existing that drain it. I do not recall a Ghost attack that can do that, but I'll look it up later. Regardless, I know most Ghost attacks do not leech life energy from the opponent, they work as all other attacks do. I only know one Ghost attack that is cast from hit points, so not even that. However, perhaps Ghost energy is not expended in this manner, it may simply be an energy to be directed like any of the others. It does not drain the source, merely redirects it. To me, it would seem to be that one is using their OWN life energy to do this. Using ANOTHER'S life energy? I imagine it's possible, but unethical, much like I often imagine psychics having restraint to not impede on another's thoughts.

Then again, that goes into what I believe the discipline of Ghost to be, in that it's a very spiritual element, projecting a force from within one's own body. It is a difficult to comprehend concept for most people. Those connected to it are often very religious or occult minded. Not to be confused with Fairy, which is more free-form magic. Ghost is more grounded in extremely limited physics based magic that doesn't create, it uses what already exists. (there are others like this)

Being insubstantial, they often feel they are not restricted by our rules and do whatever they want. Some are harmless, and others can be downright cruel. They can phase into the parallel world where souls go to rest. This also means they can phase to the Distortion World and possibly to other worlds. The restrictions placed on this make it either difficult or outright impossible to return. To connect with Ghosts is to enter a world of little limitations. It's your choice how it's used
>>
So how difficult would it be a teach a pokemon a new move, or evolve them? Like, would it be common to have a lot of charizards in the world, or would most be stuck as charmanders? And would moves be simply somehting pokemons learned naturally, or thought in a specific way? If so, how?
>>
>>28725575
Hmm, that's quite interesting. I wonder if we simplify it, Fairy pokemon use more of a light/holy magic where as ghost pokemon use black/voodoo magic? Black and voodoo type magic doesn't necessarily have to be evil or negative, but it can be.

And if we were to go on your theory of them being able to phase through worlds, I think it's quite likely the spirit world (looking at the dex entry for Dusknoir it's able to communicate with the dead).

Maybe they eat the aura or energy surrounding humans/pokemon/living things. So it's not necessarily the life of the organism but the energy it creates by just living. Seeing as psychics/occultists tend to believe they have a strong or unique aura/energy that may explain why ghost and psychic pokemon are drawn to them and allow themselves to be captured or used by them.

Very interesting.
>>
Something that i've always wondered.. are psychic pokemon pokemon that have paranormal abilities like telekinesis, mindreading, etc or cerebral/intelligent pokemon with higher brain power? In some languages psychic type = paranormal type so it makes me thing it's not really such a cerebral pokemon but more of a cosmic or spiritual type.

It would also explain why pokemon scientists usually use electric or steel, except for a few who were studying dreams/hypnosis/paranormal behaviour (b/w scientists). If we look at the trainer class who use psychic pokemon the most they seem to have spirtual or paranormal connections. Hex maniacs, psychics, channelers, etc.
>>
>>28725857
I have vastly pondered what many of the types are and what kind of qualities they possess. I imagine it to be the kind of thing they do on Alola to bond with their pokemon. I like to think all the types are equally capable of what can be considered "good" or "evil". Yes, even Dark type. Apparently, though, I have a poor understanding of Poison since it is the thing I've had to ponder the most. It is an element that is inherently destructive, and that is something that doesn't agree with me at all, but my understanding of it is as something that needs to exist, and in fact MUST exist to prevent other things from getting out of control.
>>
>>28725847
I would think that pokemon in the wild learn moves by overcoming obstacles in their habitat, like cutting down trees, cooking/finding food, etc.

I don't really know how that works with captured pokemon. Maybe a kind of mimicry like thing. So if one fire pokemon meets another one in battle or in passing by maybe they learn from eachother? And I guess TM's/HM's would be like detailed instructions or written in some common language that pokemon can interpret?

I like to think of TM's as the scrolls in the Avatar the Last Airbender world that show ancient training techniques that only a water/etc bender can interpret and understand. I don't know if that makes all that sense though.
>>
>>28725965
Well maybe it works like poison in the real world. Some animals/organisms are immune or actually benefit from some poisons in plants or funghi for example. Most highs/intoxicants are just our body responding to a pollutant or poison.

Example: Most hallucinogens cause vomitting or nausea, this is a protection mechanism from the funghi/plant but it also gives a pleasant/beneficial effect for humans. Some hallucinogens are even used in alternative therapy's to help people deal with drug abuse and PTSD. Not to mention most cures for venom have to be produced by the venom itself, similar to how vaccines work in a sense.

Some poison by itself is a defense mechanism and it depends on the organism being poisoned how it responds. Some poison causes hallucinations, some cause headaches, etc.
>>
>>28725927
I've long thought of Psychics of any persuasion as having massive brain power. They can easily learn and comprehend many concepts. In order to separate telekinesis from all other elemental manipulation, I've had to specify the source as being brain power. All others draw their source from other elemental energies.

Scientists, as the games put them, I would feel are more the engineering sort. Their skill lies in mechanics or chemistry. Though Steel itself I liken to the Metal element of Chinese philosophy. It is an element deeply rooted in logic and order, like a computer program. Again, the difference lies in the source. Steel is purely mechanical. Psychic is not merely logic, but also has empathy. They understand the feelings of others and can map out their entire personality if they so desire. Again, reading thoughts is something they control out of respect for others. Having such insight, though, I think allows them to read others without knowing what they're thinking as well.
>>
>>28726034
I've pondered this, here is the deal: Poison, to me, is essentially inhibition. A restriction of feelings or even of forces. A low dose of Poison will only dull the effects of something. In high quantities, it will indeed completely shut them down and/or destroy them. Control of this element is indeed to be perceived as harsh, but it's the sting before the medicine works. It is for your benefit, lest something worse happens. It's an average element to control, we all possess it, but some are indeed more capable of it than others.
>>
I would guess there would be more than 8 gyms per region, probably there would be one for each type. And the gyms would probably actually be for training said type, and genreal research about those pokemons and raising them. If you had questions about say, your fire type pokemon, you would go to the fire gym and get help
>>
>>28726439
I imagine there are specialized people for training a certain kind of pokemon, but I do not think they would be as common as a generalized form of training, not focused on any one element. Nor do I believe they are the ONLY gyms for their places. Yes, I believe large enough cities to possess more than one gym, and they can either be generalized or have specialized training. Mind you, the specialized training is more for professions that are highly connected to a certain kind of pokemon, or they could be for advanced battles. It's not something that would be open to just anyone.
>>
>>28717491
>Some topics of conversation can be:
>Does the pokemon world have a government?

Yes. Representative Democracies for the most part, with a few places having "kingdoms" the size of small cities.

All the towns bring their Representatives to the Governing Council where everything is decided
on the basis of a direct majority. Some places elect their Representatives and some are appointed and we have a Prime Minister.

The Pokemon League is close to, but NOT a part of the government.

>How does one become a gym trainer?

There are schools for gym trainers where students learn to become gym leaders. Prospective Gym leaders can also be trained by other gym leaders, but they have to go to the school to take the tests and get certified.

>What types of pokemon would be the easiest and hardest to train?

I guess Fire,Poison and Ghost.I'm sure that any Pokemon that can kill you if you can't train it properly or simply doesn't like you would be hard to train.

I'm lucky, I train mostly Eevees and other tiny Normal Pokemon. I'm always looking for Pokemon from regions other than Hoenn

Hoenn seemslike a nice place to live.

An Eevee. Cute, Cuddly, obedient, loyal and great for a young starting trainer. Either that or a Growlith.

>Would you specialize in a certain type or multiple types? Think about the positives + negatives, such as finances, type difficulty, etc.

For breeding, mostly Normal types. For battling, not so much. I think that you need at least one Pokemon of each type for a good team.
>>
bumping one last time. Let me know if I should make a second thread or not and what questions you would like to be the theme of the next general thread.
>>
>>28727515
please do, this is great.

As a history-based nuzloke 'creator' I have a couple of headcanons regarding some unexplained details as, per example, starter pokémon

why are they so special? why can't you find them in the wild, and usually only safaris? why are they handed to newby kids?
I like to think they're endangered species that have already disappear in the wild, and to save them, professors all over the world created the 'STARTER project'.
On it, profs would have different type-specialized breeders to take care of the few adult members of the species and breed them in captivity to avoid their complete extintion, send them over to the labs, and give them to young trainers, most probably to rise interest on this particular species.
I also like to imagine there's not only grass, water and fire, but just the most common to hand out to kids.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.