[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 28

File: image.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
If you haven't seen it, just search gnoggin on YouTube for his page, it's his most popular video.

The connections to Alchemy he makes are cool and all, but I don't see how it signifies the end of the series.
>>
Oh for fuck's sake now.
>>
God I hope not. Besides the scorpion thing I guess.

I'm not one to use cringe a lot but I have no other word to describe my reaction to his videos.
>>
He's right about everything being related to alchemy in the game lore. But he's really really wrong about pokemon ending or even rebooting.
>>
>>28716095
No,he was deconfirmed https://mynintendonews.com/2016/09/20/pokemon-ceo-confirms-they-will-make-games-for-nintendo-nx/
>>
>>28716095
He was talking about a reboot, but same shit. Watching part 3 now. But honestly, it would be financial suicide if Pokemon decided to reboot everything when they don't need to. It's not like the continuity is as fucked up as DCs was.
>>
I really liked the video, both part 1 and 2. I wonder when part 3 is coming out?
>>
>>28716095
It implies a transformation. Gen 7 will be the last gen on traditional handheld. The NX combines handheld and home consoles. All games will go on flashcarts like DS games since increasing cart size makes it trivial to store even full sized games on one.

Call me nuts, but I think gen 8 will take it to 1,000 and create a pokemon pseudo-MMO style game on the NX. It won't be a full MMO but it will have MMO like lobby features and have cooperative play in ways pokemon hasn't before. This game will end the generation to generation shift and instead shift to a patch model with gradually added content and expansions.
>>
I'll give the guy credit, he's at least smarter than the other cancer that post shitty theory videos. His knowledge of alchemy checks out, and raises valid points. But in the end, it doesn't explain why Pokemon should or will reboot when they practically told us that the gen 6 games take place in a parallel world anyway, so now they can do what they want without people bitching about continuity like everybody did with Megas and XY.
>>
>>28716159
It just got posted. Grab some food, hour long ride.
>>
Why can't we start banning this threads?
>>
>>28716246
>ban threads that start actual intelligent discussion instead of waifu war shit
Yes, please.
>>
Pokemon is never gonna end as long as it keeps making money.
>>
>>28716243
Just did. Thanks!!!!
>>
>part 3 upped 40 mins ago
>this thread made a little after
How are you doing Lockstin?
I'll watch your video tomorrow btw
>>
>>28716278
>that start actual intelligent discussion
Where exactly? Because this thread is the least intelligent thing in this board currently.
>>
>>28716095
His latest video theroy is the dumbedt thing i ever heard. makes no sense at all doesnt mention ultra beasts
>>
wew lad. Part 3 is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3qtdT-0G_4
>>
Nah I gotta say they're shitty videos. Sure, some of the connections are clever and I think we all know there's some sort of link to alchemy in sun and moon, but a lot of what he used as "evidence" was either repeating the same point over and over, talking straight out of his ass (if I translate "tapu koko" through a totally irrelevant language I see that it means a socially forbidden spiritual connection to the gods! wait no it just means guardian chicken), literally just coincidences laid out by pre-existing linguistics (like, game freak don't decide what words mean, all the weird connections he found in words like with azoth are just... already there? the fact that there's lots of coincidences doesn't mean game freak chose it like that, it's literally just coincidences in how the words were defined jesus fucking christ), and that "fake insanity" act? That was never funny, it just makes him look like a fucking weirdo. And he legitimately thinks his marshadow video got taken down because there's something they don't want you to know... don't flatter yourself.
>>
>end something that prints money
>has a mobile app that is the biggest of all mobile games in history
>>
>>28716506
>mega primal arkeyus
>>
Oh, shit, part 3's out? wow.Well I'll give it a watch later on.

As for my personal taste, he's on point about a crap ton, and on a lot of stretches with others. He at least admits to stretching on some things in part 2 if I recall. As for if he's right, he's also said that if it's not a reboot, it'll usher in a "New Era" as it were. Like Gen 7 is the culmination for all the story lines so far, and in Gen 8, they'll be starting a new 7 Gen plan. I think that one's more likely then anything else.
>>
File: 1429657560065.png (175KB, 1053x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1429657560065.png
175KB, 1053x1070px
>>28716095
Pokemon, one of the biggest money making video games series in the world, is planning to end soon cause muh alchemy connections

If you believe this you are fucking retarded, underaged, or both
>>
>>28716727
Spoiler: Zygarde is Satan :^)
>>
File: c50.jpg (21KB, 320x1600px) Image search: [Google]
c50.jpg
21KB, 320x1600px
>>28716095
Fuck off retard.
Advising videos is not welcome. Read the rules. Fuck you and your youtube tier retards.
Pokémon is ending since 1997 and now we're in fucking 2016. Do you want to know when it will end for real?
When no one will buy the games anymore.
Then the series will die for real, but not because they chose so. Because there are no more money to make.
As long as it makes money it will NEVER, EVER end.
Look at fucking star wars for fuck's sake.
>>
File: digits_1413440655169.jpg (102KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
digits_1413440655169.jpg
102KB, 640x480px
>>28716095
Fuck off with your cancerous youtuber garbage, and don't come back you piece of shit.

Also check em
>>
>>28716394
did you even watch the end?
>>
>>28716095
https://www.gamnesia.com/news/masuda-discusses-the-idea-of-rebooting-pokemon-games
>>
>>28716151
>But honestly, it would be financial suicide if Pokemon decided to reboot everything when they don't need to.

If Pokemon Go taught us anything it's that there is a massive audience for generation 1 stuff out there. The only reason it's failing now is because it was a game that never had any hook beyond its main schtick. A full game based on nostalgia would be huge at this point in time.
>>
>>28716754
Confirmed for not actually watching any of it
>>
>>28716943
We don't need any more gen 1 pandering
>>
Can someone deconstruct his theory?
>>
>ok may as well watch those videos and listen to its theory
>that cringe intro in the first video
Fuck this, I can't.
>>
>>28717043
Who would watch all of it? It's pure cringe based on absolutely nothing. I don't see why anyone's taking this shit video so seriously.
>>
>>28717184
Yes, it's bullshit.
>>
>>28716278
Waifus, pokémen and similar shit keep themselves to an easily filtered thread.

This shit gets posted here every two days at most.

Lockstin came here last week, and agreed that when he finnishes the series he is probably going to make a cliff notes version without the b-movie tier comedy.
>>
>>28717205
This. I wish someone would write a TL;DW
>>
>>28717264
He also said he'd make a video talking about what all he got wrong afterwards.
>>
>>28716506
A whole hour? Man, I guess I have some time for it
>>
Here's something that should be easily digestable. It's a little thing he made on Topu Keko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34INR8N2XIs
>>
>>28717213
>It's pure cringe based on absolutely nothing.
If you seriously think this is cringe, you must have ridiculously low tolerance for anything that isn't "normal", and I don't even know how you continue to browse /vp/. Also, these aren't based on nothing, if you watched more than a minute you'd know that.

No, I'm not lockstin, I don't even care about his other videos.
>>
how does tpc confirming they will make pokemon games for nx confirm anything we didnt already know?

there have been pokemon games on every nintendo home console since n64
>>
>>28717184
It wouldn't be hard to point out where he was proven wrong, like the anime shit. His connections with alchemy are spot on, but it doesn't connect with what he's trying to say, other than alchemy has been a huge part of gen 6 and will be in gen 7.
>>
>>28716225
well, if you want to take the games in a new overall direction, a more mature direction suited to older fans of the series, why not have a bit of fanfare so people hear about the reboot, and do some leadup so you look clever while doing it?
>>
Jesus christ this last video blew my mind.
>>
Project AZOTH was started by Aqua and Magma right? They gave up on that, it was based around awakening Kyogre and Groudon and ending the world or whatever. Why is AZOTH a big deal now?
>>
>>28716148
Are you retarded? He knows they won't end the franchise he's just speculating a formula retool and continuity restart?
>>
Those videos were fun to watch.
>>
Watched part 3. He's honestly changed my opinion about him, but that's probably because he put aside the whole "absolute madman" persona and only kept it for a few jokes, these videos have actually been serious and well fundamented. The man has done his goddamn homework for sure and isn't just trowing shit at the screen trying to get views, there's time spent on this, some of his stuff genuinely blew my mind a few times and had me all "shut the fuck up", however I firmly believe GF is not smart enough to follow a production plan similar to his predictions, but there will 100% be bits and pieces of all this alchemy+god+I'm evil and want to destroy/create/merge worlds somewhere in there. The symbolism will be there, the smart designs, everything, but when this whole gen is done we'll just get... good old Gen 8, not featuring: lockstin's fanfiction.

I would fucking kill a man or woman of any age for an NX Neo Platinum that heavily features Arceus though, plus a return to Distortion World in glorious HD. It's a shame they'll probably do Pokémon Hot Fire Red and Pokémon Mint Leaf Green instead.

Also, I'm surprised there's not a "punished lockstin" pic yet.
>>
>>28718598
On it.
>>
Stop spamming your shitty channel here.
>>
>thinly yielded tuber thread
Saged.

You'd have to be retarded to think Nintendo would allow Pokemon to end. There's no other way they can sell their pokemon machines.
>>
>>28717664
Is there a Pokemon game on NX
>>
File: coffehonedge.png (113KB, 549x669px) Image search: [Google]
coffehonedge.png
113KB, 549x669px
I kinda buy it.
The Alchemy stuff is pretty on point and I would love to see Arceus involved with the plot. Especially with Type: Null and the Ultra Beasts.
And wouldn't be surprised if Gen 8 has even more radical changes to the series.
Sun and Moon has already removed Gyms and it's heavily implied that HMs are gone too.

A reboot could very easily happen, especially since it's been confirmed that Pokemon games WILL be on the NX.
>>
>Zygarde is the Pokemon Devil
Stop.
>>
>>28718598
The fan fiction thing sounds fucking awesome though. I wouldn't even be mad if he was right. Like it was said earlier, it would be really hard to prove him wrong, you would have to do it almost point by point. I'm not thoroughly convinced that this means the end of anything. Cyrus crossing over into the Mega timeline and making shit go down sounds like a wet dream though.
>>
>>28718797
Let's be fair Giratina makes about as much sense and as Zygarde does.
>>
>>28716943
>Thinking normies are genwunners
Well you're not wrong
>>
>>28718776
That's the hole in his theory though, the ultra beasts. We know nothing about them, and if the game is based on them alone he kind of loses his footing here.
>>
>>28716095
STOP FUCKING SHILLING YOUR CHANNEL WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS BEFORE
>>
>>28718845
I don't think there is any Pokemon devil. There isn't even a Pokemon Jesus.
>>
>>28716943
Pokemon go taught us normalfgas will follow anything that is the current trend for a short amount of time.

the fad's already mostly dead. that's why it's called a fad
>>
File: 1474074884731.png (384KB, 1024x705px) Image search: [Google]
1474074884731.png
384KB, 1024x705px
>>28718859
UBs could just be a placeholder for the Multiverse Merging shit, as that's basically already what's going on.
>>28718864
Arceus is certainly the Pokegod.
>>
Why does he seem to think rebooting the game for a larger audience would make sales go higher? Kids are 100% the main reason these games still sell well, if you remove that factor the series will only sell less over time, which would be the case if you try to appeal to older audiences, which by the way, Pokemon Sun/Moon has seemed to change.

In Gen 5 and Gen 6 the protagonists are older looking to appeal to the older group, while there is a ton of Gen 1 pandering in Gen 7, that in itself isn't enough to justify a complete reboot.
>>
>>28718893
Jesus and God are two separate entities. Christ is the son of God, and there is no son of Arceus, unless somehow Lunala or Solgeo fill that roll in the game.
>>
>>28718929
>Starting this shit argumemt
>Not adding the holy spirit
(You)
>>
>>28718929
You could bullshit Mew into it, but Mew kinda fits Adam anyways, since Adam was the start of all humans, just as Mew is the start of all "natural" Pokemon.

Honestly the whole Mew vs Arceus shit is an entire mess and my Head Canon has just been that Arceus created the legendaries and Mew "birthed" all natural Pokemon.

Like if God created angels then created the single cell.
>>
>>28718962
I mean, you can throw in the Holy Spirit too. If he's going to separate Satan, The Devil and Lucifer, then it's only fair.

>>28718986
Mew would have to be Adam and eve at once, unless mew and Ditto counts for that.
>>
>>28718962
Amen
>>
File: Punished Lockstin.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Punished Lockstin.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>28718598
Kept you waiting, huh?
>>
>>28718962
I never understood what the holy spirit was supposed to fucking be? What is it?
>>
>>28716095
AH FUCK THE CARD GAME
AAAAAAAAAAA
HOLY FUCK
>>
>>28719005
Ditto has been confirmed to have nothing to do with Mew at all and everything surrounding it is just fannon.
I think the thing with Mew and Arceus is that Mew was based on the more scientific "creation of life" I.E single cell evolving into complex life while Arceus is the more mythical and religious versions of it, I.E all powerful being created everything from nothing.
Also he did mention the Holy Trinity.
>>
>>28719075
Where was it confirmed Ditto had nothing to do with Mew? Just curious.
>>
In his videos I'm mostly seeing a lot of connections to the inspiration to the Pokemon lore mythology and not to where they are actually taking the games are gearing up towards. The connections make sense, but it doesn't really help the theory that they are rebooting/resetting the series just because "Death And Rebirth" is a common theme in 95% of mythology. It's not concrete and loose at best, but at the very least I can applaud the will to put this much effort into a fan theory.
>>
>>28717184
Sure I'll go through and pick out some problems with his theories. Obviously can't say what all he is wrong about until the games are out though.

Also I'll have to review the videos so give me time.
>>
>>28719101
Hold on, I'll find the interview, one sec.
>>
>>28716095
did you watch all 4 videos? Part 3 just came out, and parts 1 - 2.5 were already.
>>
>part 3.5 and part 4
I love this guy. Fuck him.
>>
File: 1465774084897.gif (886KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1465774084897.gif
886KB, 250x250px
I will admit this guy is smart as fuck and does his homework and his theories are interesting but there is NO WAY in hell Gamefreak put that much thought into this. He's giving them way too much credit
>>
File: Lewd Meme.png (361KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Lewd Meme.png
361KB, 750x750px
>>28719033
That's pretty good.
>>
>>28719057
Yeah my jaw dropped at that one too. Fucking mind blowing shit m8. I have to watch part 1 and 2 now, I always ignored them in my recommendation list because I thought they were click bait.
>>
>>28719033
>>28719033
God bless you anon.
>>
Personally, I think the reboot is bullshit, and would not happen anytime soon. However I enjoy learning about meaningless stuff, so all this info on alchemy and religions and such is fun to learn about, and a lot of the possible connections to Pokemon and coincidences are pretty neat, but it's clear he's reaching really far for a lot of these connections and trying to make a kid's game a lot more serious than it actually is.
>>
>>28719048
The Trinity is God in His three forms.

The Father: the one you usually hear about, created the universe, etc.
The Son: Jesus, the son of God yet still God himself.
The Holy Spirit: the God inside all of us, humans. The holy spirit is what makes us sons of God and unlike the other animals. It is also defined as life itself. It's everywhere and it's what makes God omnipresent.
>>
>>28719165
I honestly don't think so. This is deep, but I've seen games go much deeper, and these are small parts in every gen leading up to a big event.
>>
>>28716095
I'm scared OP, will you hold me?
>>
>>28717814
See>>28716913
>>
>>28719223
>I've seen games go much deeper
Yeah but this isn't MGS, it's pokémon. It has always been simple and for little children. Although Masuda has taken the series into more mature and lore rich material.
>>
>Samson Oak
Okay, this one is a stretch. It's just because Oak's name is Samuel. It's not Samson in Japanese, nigga.
>>
>>28718864
>Implying the Devil doesn't exists in FUCKING EVERY SPIRITUAL PHILOSOPHY / CULT / MYTHOLOGY / RELIGION THERE IS
Faggot.
>>
>>28719101
>>28719131
Ok, I found it. It was in a Masuda interview.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/11/23/pok-233-mon-39-s-burning-questions.aspx
>There is a rumor that in the original Pokémon games, versions Red and Blue, that the Pokémon Ditto was a failed attempt at cloning a Mew. I was wondering if you could speak to this, to whether or not it’s true.

>Masuda: That’s the first time I have ever hear that rumor actually.

>Is that your only answer?

>Masuda: In terms of how Pokémon are designed, they are each their own unique living being. The unique thing about Ditto is that it’s a Pokémon that can change forms, but each Pokémon we create with its own unique element, so we just make sure that they are all individual life forms of their own.

He doesn't exactly deconfirm it, but it's implied that Ditto was designed without Mew in mind. So I'm not sure.
>>
File: 1437962697593.png (209KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1437962697593.png
209KB, 510x346px
>>28719203
>>
>>28719260
Did you even read my post or the posts I was responding to?
>>
>>28719270
The holy spirit is the more confuse because there are so many definitions. Pretty much every book in the bible has a different description.
The important part is that it's the part of God that isn't Jesus or the "man up there".
>>
>>28719267
How far is Masuda disconnected with his fans? Holy shit.
>>
File: image.gif (4MB, 171x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4MB, 171x200px
>Cyrus coming from the distorted dimension to the Mega timeline
>biding his time and learning the lore of the new world
>Team Neo Plasma coming through
>Have to team up with other champs plus Red to stop him
Holy fuck I want this. Fuck the reboot shit. He actually sold me on the possibility of Cyrus coming back.
>>
http://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamnesia.com%2Fnews%2Fmasuda-discusses-the-idea-of-rebooting-pokemon-games >"When asked whether Game Freak might consider rebooting the entire franchise, he had this to say:

>"One of the main appeals of Pokemon over the years is the concept that even through all these games, you can have people 20 years apart but they can still talk about Pokemon. There's always the gyms, the elite four champions, a lot of the pokemon are featured throughout all the different generations. A lot of that shared experience, even if you're 20 years apart, is something that's really appealing about Pokemon. So right now, I think keeping that element of the series, and seeing all of these new Pokemon from X/Y treated equally with the previous generations, I think that's really exciting. And we really want to focus on that for the moment at least. But if I leave Game Freak I can't speak to the future."
>>
>>28719335
>Talks about the Gyms
>Gyms won't even be in Sun and Moon

Well that means jack shit now.
>>
I feel like the TCG connection is a HUGE stretch, just as much as the anime connection is a HUGE stretch. There have always been some connections between the three, but nothing huge and certainly nothing happening in one or the other affecting the outcome of the game.
>>
>>28719255
It can still be for kids while building lore though. Like you said, they already started doing this and have been doing it since basically gen 4, and we had no idea until Lockstin spoonfed us all of this. At the very least, I was aware of the symbolism with the bible in gen 4 and the alchemy shit in gen 6, but I had no idea it went that deep. The only part I feel he really stretched it was the book thing (which he admitted to), but come on, GF at least went back and looked at it for inspiration.
>>
>That entire ending he 'theorizes' for Sun and Moon
Jesus I would hate that. That's really just too much bullshit, and again, it's a kids game, theres no way they would do any of that shit.

Also
>Arceus' ring controls and suppresses Arceus
Or it's just a piece of Arceus, it's symbol, and by evoking the symbol, even the mightiest of Pokemon are bound to control
>>
>>28719435
>but come on, GF at least went back and looked at it for inspiration.
Did they? In what capacity?
>>
>>28719255
Fucking Kirby has some pretty big lore dude. Pokemon having deep lore isn't really a stretch since it's been a thing since the beginning. See; Mew.
>>
>>28719388
The anime deterred so far from the games this time around its kind of hard to say. I thought at least Zinnia would show up, but nothing. Only Steven. Even Lysandre was way more thorough and cunning in the anime than the games, he was way better at manipulating shit.
>>
>>28719388
The major problem with the TCG, anime and movies connection, is it's assuming everyone working on all these is sitting around in a boardroom going "Okay, so lets speckle all this lore shit in each of our media forms so we can foreshadow a reboot!" Which is just silly. The TCG, the anime and the game have nothing to do with each other, they may have some small connections, and they may display bits from each other (usually just the TCG and the anime drawing from the games) but theres no way they are all some giant conspiracy working together as one group to foreshadow a reboot.
>>
>>28719498
>Kirby has some pretty big lore
I MUST KNOW MORE
SPEAK
TELL OF THE TALES OF THE BORB
>>
>>28719485
The fairies and the sun shit mostly. God was stretching it, but overall it's a pretty big coincidence.
>>
>>28719529
The manga, games and the anime somewhat already do this though. Sure, the TCG thing was out there (I don't play TCG so I didn't even know it had lore), but it was still an interesting thought.
>>
>>28719476
>theorizes
Even he said himself that that was just educated fan fiction and said it could go many different ways.

I think the most plausible would be that Aether does some stupid shit and opens a big portal to the UB dimension so "you need to use the power of Zygarde to stop it!" or something like that.

Also I could buy Arceus' ring as it's prohibitor just as Type: Null's helmet does the same. I can totally see Arceus primal/mega/Z-move that breaks the ring into pieces and it's 1000 arms fly out or some shit.
>>
>>28716095
No one cares about your youtube channel you massive fuck.
>>
>>28719529
The thing about the TCG would be looking at every single generation of TCG and having it connect. Do any of you guys remember all the special pokemon TCG packs and shit like "Dark XX" Or that dumb shit? They never had anything to do with the games or anime, why would they suddenly connect them now?

>>28719552
I doubt they went back to the book in the third movie to create fairy Pokemon and Solgeo over Alola. Fairies and Yggdrasil nearly go hand in hand within their mythology, and sun over a tropical island is a no brainer. The Orange Islands in the anime was a tropical place and shit, even some parts of Hoenn were too. Groudon's ability causes intense sunlight to occur in the world which doesn't directly have much to do with land, how do you know this wasn't a reference to the next gen coming? Why wasn't Lunala there as well? That seems like a huge coincidence, not a connection.
>>
>>28716095
the vids are awesome, I don't know why most of 4chan are utter retards that despise fan speculation and "muh just children game so not possible".

Even that Ballio guy D.I put like 20 concepts in 3 monsters and people spit at the fact a huge game company with money, pro artist and designers does't put deep concepts into their work when shit like Mother and C.Trigger has E ratings and is mixed with hardcore themes.
Most of /vp/ are consumer scum anyway so don't expect many to have a creator's thought process to look deeper or accept difference here.
>>
>>28719267
Thanks. Yea, that does imply Ditto isn't a Mew clone, despite the few similarities.
>>
>>28719476
>>Arceus' ring controls and suppresses Arceus
You know, I'm a fan of the "Arceus is just one of the real Arceus' 1000 arms, which is why 10 years old you can catch it and take it to fish for Magikarp without having major repercussions in the whole universe" theory.
Imagine this: not only are they 1000 times weaker than GOD, but they're also supressed by that ring thing. Towards whatever fucked up multiversal pokégeddon thing that totally won't happen in the series, you see not one but a thousand fucking Arceus doing something. Then, the real Arceus comes down. Its 1000 "arms" get rid of their rings, which start circling the real Arceus, they all fuse with it and you get fully powered Pokégod in front of you, definitely not catchable. Crazy Jack Kirby levels of shit starts happening.
>>
File: JJJ.gif (2MB, 375x211px) Image search: [Google]
JJJ.gif
2MB, 375x211px
>>28719613
>There are legitimately people that think that because you don't care about or think obvious fanfiction headcannon is stupid makes you retarded and lack creativity
>>
>>28719530
Basically
>Halcandrans made Clockwork Stars, as told by Magolor in Return to Dreamland
>Before the events of Triple Deluxe Taranza gave Sectonia the The Dimensional Mirror from Amazing Mirror and turned her mad.
>In Planet Robobot Haltmann found Halcandran tech, the A.I on Rock Star, and Dark Matter DNA along with Sectonia DNA.
>Haltmann lost his mind from Star Dream, hired Susie without even realizing that she was his real daughters, who he lost in some sort of dimensional shit.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaa.png (60KB, 225x306px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaa.png
60KB, 225x306px
I'ma just give into my suspension of disbelief cause this shit sounds pretty cooool
>>
>A lot of his theorizes rely on the anime connection
>The next anime will be the usual new season reset with just school shenanigans with a braindead Ash
Man, I guess that part of the theory went great.
>>
>>28719662
oh baby
>>
>>28716943
see >>28718886
>>
>>28719704
Also Kirby has INFINITE POWER.
>>
>>28719644
>I'm a retard that can't read

I know you are anon because I never said pople that don't like it are idiots, What I said way there are idots who give stupid reasons for why it's bullshit.
The most I see here are:
1. They would lose money "That's a legitimate opinion so I didn't go into it.
2. J-just kids game, too much thought put into it < That' bullshit, kid things are created by adults.
3. Simply I hate change so it's untrue < That's their choice of it's a moronic standpoint to live by.

You've already fucked up and you've proven you're not too bright.
>>
Anime, card game, and games have different continuities, and I doubt they are leading up to the same conclusion. There might be more like Origins and Generations. Ash would've stopped being the protagonist or stopped being reverted to 10 years old otherwise.
>Sun and Moon are last Pokemon games
And he backpedaled to Gen 4 remakes being the last ones.
>Four islands = four first gen games.
Pink isn't red. Even if so, there are first gen references in every damn Pokemon game.
>Hawaiian god shit
Doesn't really support the reboot thing, but if Xerneas and Yveltal have a role in Gen 7 it'd make sense because Zygarde does.
>Sun/King coincedences
Literally every culture ever. AZ doesn't seem to have much to do with the Sun from what we know.
>Z crystal, crystal around snorlax guy's neck in the anime, fucking revives
First, anyone who didn't expect it to be a new special mechanic were retarded, so I'll ignore the revive shit. Second, yes the anime had a random character design choice become relevant years later, that makes total since.
>Observatory jointly owned by leafs, France, and Hawaii
Good evidence Gen 6 and Gen 7 will be connected.
>Anistar ocean view.
I'd chalk up this to a map error or scaling thing, I don't think Anistar actually looks out to an ocean, but the body of water it looks out onto is probably larger than the map implies.
>new Zygarde formes showing up in SM
This is actually more of an arguement for Gen 6.5 fags than anything.
>Zygarde 100% is giant goddess Hel
No.
>Magearna and Volcanion movie
I really hope they combine into a mecha.
>City of AZOTH
If this is Magearna's origin in the games, it guarantees Gen 6/7 lore connections and that Project AZOTH will be relevant again.
>AZOTH in alchemy.
If the clouds are actually a hint at Ho-oh and Lugia showing up that's a neat reference
>A bunch of pointless connections.
Nice breakdown of Alchemy/Astrology/Religious inspirations for Pokemon I suppose.
>>
>>28716943
>If Pokemon Go taught us anything it's that there is a massive audience for generation 1 stuff out there.
My mother has never played a Pokemon game in her life and she played the game for two weeks. It's not about Gen 1 or nostalgia, it's about it being your general cashgrab mobile game that already capitalizes on a popular series for extra sales.
>>
>>28716943
The vast majority of people who played Pokemon Go did not give a shit about Pokemon games, they just played it because it was a free, entertaining mobile app. I knew about six people who played Go at my work place and only two of them actually played any Pokemon games, hell, the people at my dad's workplace played Pokemon Go, and I am pretty sure only one of them would give a shit about actual Pokemon games. It was not just being a free app, and the Pokemon title giving some push, but it was the crowd mentality
"Oh hey, look at all these people playing this, I guess it must be fun, I might give it a shot!"

So the whole idea 'oh, Pokemon Go was such a hit, it means a gen 1 reboot would bring in ALL the old crowd and make so much money' is heavily flawed logic. If anything, a gen one reboot would push even more people away from the franchise, as it's just retreading the same ground again, and this time wiping away the nostalgia by changing everything
>>
>>28719755
>And he backpedaled to Gen 4 remakes being the last ones.
He said Gen 7 is the last traditional generation. Gen 4 remakes would be part of that.
>Pink isn't red. Even if so, there are first gen references in every damn Pokemon game.
True, he certainly got that wrong for sure.
>>28719755
>Doesn't really support the reboot thing, but if Xerneas and Yveltal have a role in Gen 7 it'd make sense because Zygarde does.
It partly supports the alchemical connections.
>Literally every culture ever. AZ doesn't seem to have much to do with the Sun from what we know.
Agree.
>First, anyone who didn't expect it to be a new special mechanic were retarded, so I'll ignore the revive shit. Second, yes the anime had a random character design choice become relevant years later, that makes total sense.
Agree with the first part, but Alolan Raichu is clearly fucking based off of the Surfing Pikachu from the anime, so that's not that big of a stretch.
>I'd chalk up this to a map error or scaling thing, I don't think Anistar actually looks out to an ocean, but the body of water it looks out onto is probably larger than the map implies.
Agree.
>This is actually more of an arguement for Gen 6.5 fags than anything.
It was said that Zygarde would have a unique role in the games, granted we don't know what that is but it's certainly there.
>No.
>THESE Pokemon can be based off of THIS thing
>But not this OTHER thing too.
Really?
>>
Oh noes pokermans iz ded

You can all come out of your parents' basements now
>>
>Arceus' ring holding back power
In the anime, it's ring did not hold back the power of Palki and Dialga. The ring was merely created to control the two beasts and allow Cyrus to take control of their actions with his Arceus Power glove. I don't know where he got the idea it held anything back in the anime. Another thing, the Ring around Type:Null is a makeshift thing that holds back it's true power, which would be pretty counter intuitive to assume that Type:Null is a "Failure" if it has even greater power hidden within itself. Why would it be a failed experiment and also need it's higher power sealed? That doesn't make any sense, a failed experiment would be one that couldn't achieve a higher power instead.
>>
Pretty excited for part 3.5, since he goes into the ultra beasts and shit.
>>
>>28719759
Not that anon, but regardless of for how long they play it
>will they buy it?
If yes: that's all that matters. Even if they don't, you know all of us pokemon fans still will.
>>
>>28719932
If he manages to tie UBs into the mix and make it actually connect to the reset theory then I'd be quite surprise if it made sense. UBs are a huge enigma and certainly do not fit into any standard bill at all. I hope for his sake it's not as stupid as "UBs are the new reboot Pokemon" or something.
>>
>>28719902
>I didn't watch the video, please Tyrone give me more of your cock while I keep believing this is a theory about the end of the Pokémon series
>>
>>28719902
Wow I haven't heard that one before. Did you come up with it yourself?
>>
>Primal/Mega Arceus/Dialga/Palkia
No, this is dumb. These are god like Pokemon, Primal is returning to a point in the past where the Pokemon was at it's peak, as it's self has 'progressed' to a smaller, weaker form. Mega is accelerating to a a point of evolutionary perfection, becoming immensely stronger as a Pokemon. Gods do no regress, nor progress, they are literally their peak at all times, you can't get stronger than "creating the universe" or "controlling space and time effortlessly and freely"
>>
>>28719917
Maybe it's powerful. Just not in the way they wanted it to be.
>>
>>28719917
>hold back
>control
Kind of seems like a mixed choice of words here. If the ring was used to control Dialga and Palkia, as well as being present to control Type: Null, it begs the questions: why is it on Arceus? Is Arceus being controlled by a higher power, too?

Also, Type: Null is the product of a failed experiment. It in and of itself isn't necessarily a failure. It's an insanely powerful product of a experiment that ended terribly. It's power was too great, so it had to be detained.
>>
>>28720000
>Quads
BTFO
>>
>>28719968
The portals we saw in the trailers (Lunala and Solgaleo even jumping into one) and in the UB's appearences are the key to all this. Let Lockstin grab the word "portals", which he already did, and the connection to the Ultra Beasts writes itself.
>>
>>28719968
His twitter seems to imply that UBs are angels. Which might mean his whole theory on UBs is "they are angels come down to prepare the world for the apocalypse" or something, since I'm pretty sure one of the signs of the apocalypse is angels coming to earth
>>
>>28720000
Check em' digits
>>
>>28719755
>PHOENIX DEATH AND REBIRTH MEANS REBIRTH OF THE FRANCHISE
Really reaching, it'd be one thing if Ho-oh was a Gen 7 box legendary, or if Ho-oh was featured prominently in Gen 7 materials
>Azoth is all/binder of the multiverse
Multiverses confirmed in ORAS, AZOTH introduced in ORAS, probably not a coincedence
>AZOTH spelling breakdown
THORIUM NORSE MYTHOLOGY LITERALLY WHAT IS YOUR POINT, where is the norse mythology in Gen 7, where is Thor in Pokemon, Azoth is an existing word so this is pointless.
>Etymology of Azoth
Azoth/no life bit of a stretch but AZ's weapon, probably intended.
>Thelema/Egyptian gods
I literally cannot think of a polytheistic religion without Sun/Moon gods, and they tend to be important players.
>Zygarde coloration
Almost every Pokemon game has a red/blue type version, but it might be intended and is an observation a lot of people have made.
>Manticore
Scorpion third legendary please, but then how does this third legendary fit into the Hawaiian gods?
>Scorpion sex/eclipse sex
Eclipse scorpion confirmed!
>Team Flare burning purification to reset world.
Sure Team Flare barely made sense in XY anyway.
>Planet legendaries
Sure why not, would be unusual to have 6 related legendaries though.
>Iwanko starter alchemy symbolism
Has literally never not been stretching, if it's ever confirmed to be a design element I will eat my hat. Also the similarities are basically confirmed to be split evos.
>Azoth/infinity energy universe reset plans
wow something that actually supports a reboot possibly. Could also mean that this already happened though, and the mega evolution timeline/universe is the result. In that case Gen 5 were the last Pokemon games before a reboot.
>Alchemy mega evolution connection
Then shit why haven't we seen new mega evolutions in the games based on alchemy.
>Olympia Lunala similarities
Probably because they both implement the moon in their designs, if this similarity goes further I will burn my 3ds in disbelief.
>>
>>28720019
It was made to battle mythical Pokemon, and apparently it succeeded in that one mission it was needed in
>>
>>28720016
I think it's more likely Arceus will get a Z-Move. He already has a unique move that would work.
>>
>>28720042
>Tapu Koko etymology
#dicksoutforharambe
REACHING
>Lumiose city is a transmutation circle.
But what about the alleys. Really this just seems like a coincedence because the example transmutation circle features a pentagon prominently.
>Alchemic symbol for gold is a Pokeball
No.
>Flower names
Sure yea isn't every NPC named after plants in the Japanese games? Flowers are getting prominent though.
>Schamayin is Azoth
SHAYMIN=INFINITY ENERGY CONFIRMED
>HEXAGONS
Hexagons as order makes the most sense here.
>Hindu
I like the idea of Hindu inspirations more than the Norse inspirations.
>Aloha
kek
>Faints in battle=loses life energy
The whole revive thing got debunked, but sure why not.
Video 1 down.
>>
>>28719955
Yes, however, the point is that people who were enticed by Pokemon go will NOT buy the game unless they got back into Pokemon outside of GO since the games are entirely different games entirely. People were able to get into and enjoy Pokemon game mainly due to the fact that it was a Pick up and play for a few minutes kind of game. The people who went hard are the same people who likely still play the game today thus making the sales for it unchanged in the end.

Making a reboot for older audiences, or even just pandering exclusively to the Gen One audience with a Gen 1 reboot with new gen 1 designs will likely alienate the fanbase even more because you're losing out on the younger audiences, for one, and two, your're losing out on the genwunners that like genwun how it is.

>>28720040
That's interesting. The crux to that will be whether or not it's 7 of them or not though, as well as if the fact they are different UBs in different worlds means something too. I could see it being 3 UBs in each world and 1 that shows up in both to signify the end for both worlds or something similar if his theory is to be true. If the thematic of the angels, because they each specifically do something, doesn't match up, it's a lost cause.
>>
>>28716095
Didn't this dude get caught viraling himself on /vp/ before?
>>
Is he saying that something is controlling God? I'm unfamiliar with any religion that outright states that God is an entity controlled by a higher being.
>>
>>28720042
>Really reaching, it'd be one thing if Ho-oh was a Gen 7 box legendary, or if Ho-oh was featured prominently in Gen 7 materials
Agree, but it would be cool if they were in the game somehow.
>THORIUM NORSE MYTHOLOGY LITERALLY WHAT IS YOUR POINT, where is the norse mythology in Gen 7, where is Thor in Pokemon, Azoth is an existing word so this is pointless.
The Gen 6 legends are based off of Norse mythology. And the point is that he's tying ALL of the Pokemon games together, not just Sun and Moon.
>I literally cannot think of a polytheistic religion without Sun/Moon gods, and they tend to be important players.
IIRC he says that himself.
>Has literally never not been stretching, if it's ever confirmed to be a design element I will eat my hat. Also the similarities are basically confirmed to be split evos.
Agree.
>>28720084
>REACHING
>But what about the alleys. Really this just seems like a coincedence because the example transmutation circle features a pentagon prominently.
>No.
Agree with all of this.
>>
>>28720042
>Also the similarities are basically confirmed to be split evos.
Doesn't change that the theory is pretty baseless, but that was a mistranslation, Rockruff and the starters don't share a secret, they just both have secrets.
>>
>>28719982
I'm not giving you clicks, Gnoggin, stop trying to bait me into it.
>>
>>28720085
As the reboot theory works, you'd also be losing out on people beyond gen one, either because they are sick of gen one pandering, or just angry because the slate of generations has been "cleared" and their favorite generation, and favorite pokemon would be made irrelevant in a way.
>>
>>28719867
>but Alolan Raichu is clearly fucking based off of the Surfing Pikachu from the anime, so that's not that big of a stretch.
Pikachu is the mascot, Surfing Pikachu has been a distribution before, Snorlax guy with diamond around his neck is a one off character.
>Zygarde 100% is based off Hel
No really if you showed me reasons for this I'd believe it I just can't make any connections whatsoever besides the fact Zygarde 100% is humanoid.
>The Gen 6 legends are based off of Norse mythology. And the point is that he's tying ALL of the Pokemon games together, not just Sun and Moon.
Thor isn't present and Azoth isn't Gamefreak's word though. It's some 2 = 1+1 = 9/11 conspiracy shit.
>>
>>28720144
It seems like hes going to imply that for 3.5, most likely he's going to theorize that the Ultra Beasts, and the Aether Foundation by extension are in control of Arceus using the giant ring (which, again, is a stupid theory) As for religions, as far as I know, there is not a single religion where there is something above God(s), besides other Gods of course.
>>
>>28720270
Would you consider Titans above the Gods of Olympus in Greek mythology?
>>
>>28720270
That is a really strange theory, mostly because the fact that something controls how God dictates the world is quite a strange concept. Even in Ultra Beasts turn out to be doing it, how, why and what are they to be doing that.

But then again, a 10 year old kid can catch Arceus in a human made ball and make it fight dogs so...
>>
File: Hel_1889_by_Johannes_Gehrts.jpg (414KB, 501x767px) Image search: [Google]
Hel_1889_by_Johannes_Gehrts.jpg
414KB, 501x767px
>>28720238
Hel is the sister of both Fenrir the wolf and Jormungand the serpent, not saying it's absolute proof, but with Zygarde's forms being both a serpent and a dog, and it's 100% form being a giant humanoid with a crown-like head (Hel is the ruler of the underworld) it's PRETTY good evidence of a possible inspiration
>>
>>28716095
it's piece of shit keeps showing up in my recommended section. Fuck off.
>>
>>28720311
Not really, seeing as how the Titans were eventually wiped out by the Gods
>>
>>28720238
>Pikachu is the mascot, Surfing Pikachu has been a distribution before, Snorlax guy with diamond around his neck is a one off character.
So? Granted, I think main source of inspiration was the sprites, but saying it couldn't happen because "it's obscure" is pretty stupid.
>No really if you showed me reasons for this I'd believe it I just can't make any connections whatsoever besides the fact Zygarde 100% is humanoid.
He gave his reasons why.
>Thor isn't present and Azoth isn't Gamefreak's word though. It's some 2 = 1+1 = 9/11 conspiracy shit.
You know Thor isn't the ONLY thing about Norse mythology right?

That's like saying the Unova legends aren't based off of Taoism because there aren't any monks or some stupid shit.
And AZOTH isn't Gamefreak's word, that's the point, it's a word from Alchemy.
>>
>>28720314
One theory (yes I know) is that Arceus is not truly "captured", I mean, it's a god who can transcend space, time and dimensions, so it's silly to imagine a Pokeball of all things could keep it contained forever. But by beating Arceus in a battle (there are many mythologies where mortals can harm, beat and even kill gods, so theres no real problem there) and 'catching it' you have earned it's respect and friendship, and thus it fights alongside you, again, it's a god, I imagine being in more than one place, or influencing the world while sitting inside a kid's pocket is a small feat for it, so even being inside a Pokeball doesn't stop it from doing it's godly work.
>>
>>28716913
>There's always the gyms, the elite four champions...

Well, there was.
>>
>>28720433
For all intensive purposes there are still GYMs. I mean, just because it's not in an actual gym and the methodology behind it is different, it's basically the same damn thing.
>>
>>28718598
>there will 100% be bits and pieces of all this alchemy+god+I'm evil and want to destroy/create/merge worlds somewhere in there

You mean like there has consistently been since Gen IV? Really going out on a limb there.
>>
>>28720433
The games are still played by kids. A kid who plays Black2 or White2 can connect with someone who played Blue version back in the day, and likewise, new and old alike can connect over the evolution of the franchise via the new world of Alola. They can both experience it's change.
>>
>>28716214
That would be pretty fantastic, not having to buy a new game every year. It'd be cool if it was like dead money from new Vegas where you kept your character but got a new starter and couldn't leave the region till the story was done. I wouldn't mind that.
>>
This thread really reveals who is underaged
>>
>>28720130
He came here and talked about this stuff with anons before, I remember that.
>>
>>28720587
Could you point them out
>>
>That point about Earthquakes
There are dozens of Pokemon that can cause Earthquakes
>>
>>28716827
Fuck off Richard, the theory is a reboot not the end. Reboots most often make shit tons of cash
>>
>>28716225
He didn't watch all of part 3, wew lad
>>
These videos would be pretty nifty if they were *just* a lore explaination and not the over-the-top theorizing.
>>
>>28720691
This brings up a good point. Would "reboot" or "restart" (he kinda says one but implies the other), mean they're scraping 20 years worth of material and world building? I mean, I get that B/W were reboots, but I don't see them just throwing everything away. If anything, and I mean absolutely anything, I can see a large time skip (30-50 years) and they'll build new characters and stories in old regions.
>>
>>28716827
I'm reading the rules and I'm not seeing it. You're referring to Global Rule 11 and this isn't really advertising. It's a topic of discussion. Whether this guy's theory is retarded or not is a fine thing to discuss you fucking faggot.
>>
>>28720016
Well Primal Dialga IS canon in PMD after all
>>
>>28720691
>Reboots most often make shit tons of cash
Not very true, actually.
>>
>>28720740
>time skip
Most plausible answer here. The question remains though: why? They don't have to. They're in top form now, why fix what isn't broken? I love they're trying with the lore now, in that aspect Pokemon hasn't been better. The only thing that pisses me off is over all content, but that's for another topic. My point is that the risk is 100% unnecessary.
>>
>>28720084
>Zygarde 100%'s White Spot Platinum remake
Gamefreak has been playing with tradition so a remake based on a third game wouldn't be completely unexpected.
>Sun+Moon symbols = Platinum
Well that does it Platinum remake confirmed, Platinum changed more than previous 3rd games anyway, in my opinion. Sinnoh not being snowy in the remakes would be strange for me.
>He admits he's stretching in some places.
Well at least he's aware.
>3ntei movie sun/hibiscus picture
This is one of those munna callbacks that are cool to point out.
>Iris greek goddess of rainbows
If Iris shows up in Gen 7 I'll be pleasantly surprised by this connection.
>Gen 7 Rainbow connections between gods and men
This is a vague notion but the Aether/Arceus stuff makes me feel it is correct.
>Gen 5 champion sun connections
The sun has enough links to champions, victory, etc, it'd be more compelling if there were also champions heavily inspired by the moon. Cynthia is my closest fit here.
>Sidenote, Hel and Zygarde 100%
I just realized Hel, Jormungandr, and Fenrir are all children of Loki, and Hel has a two-face sort of design. Besides that Zygarde 100% looks pretty far from any rendition of Hel I've seen.
>Gen 5 elite 4 planet connections
There aren't a lot of links between Gen 5 and 6/7, but this is definitely a Astrology/Alchemy connection
>Lily = moon, Hau = sun, flower language shit
Either Lily is related to Lunala or UB01 but I doubt it's both and I really think it's UB01. Inb4 Hau is related to an UB as well.
>Kukui = light/renewal
Reaching again for reboot proof, but it is cool that Project Rainbow has a professor whose name is related to LIGHT. He also has a rainbow on his hat.
>7 is perfection/complete
Actually decent evidence that Gen 7 is the last gen before a reboot, along with the other numerology shit
>8 is resurrection/multiverse
ok it lines up.
>Team GALACTIC/Astrology
Not surprising, nice link back to Astrology/Alchemy and tying it all together though.
>>
>>28720819
Primal Dialga isn't a primal reversion like he mentions, it's just Palkia being out of control so it's powers run rampant rather than it being constrained to it's own ability to control itself.
>>
>>28716148
That's actually a good portion about what part 3 is about.
>>
>>28720846
>Cynthia is best girl.
Yes.
>Cynthia is moon.
Well shit. Gen 4 remakes confirmed.
>Charon
Cool link to the Pixie trio, but what about Heatran?
>Power of Arceus is alchemy
It all comes together?
>Zekrom and Reshiram = Two Contraries
This is pretty compelling, it's obviously a design element for the two.
>Amourshipping
Serenafags btfo
>Kalos League
charizard_x.jpeg Funny even these theorists won't say Ash would definitely win the league.
>What about postgame
Implying newer games have a postgame
Vid 2 down.

>>28720351
>Thor isn't the only thing about Norse mythology
Yes but specifically the Azoth = TH = Thorium = Thor = Norse Mythology! thing. It's just making connections for no reason.
>>
>>28718859
He hints that his part 4 is going to touch on the ultra beats as well, and his theory talks a great deal about multiverses.
I think it's pretty safe to say that Ultra Beasts are linked to the multi-verse in some way.
>>
>>28716727
New era honestly seems most likely. It isn't even a new thing for them to do - Gen 1/2, Gen 3/4/5, and Gen 6 all pretty much are eras with Pokemon as it is
>>
>>28718598
Exactly. I can guarantee he isn't make enough money off these videos to justify the amount of work that's gone into them. They're a labor of love, which helps them feel more genuine.

The "persona" in the videos didn't bother me as much, since I just knew it was something silly for fun, but I can see how it'd be annoying.

I hope he's right too, but if nothing else, the speculation is what makes the series fun in the mean time. So even if his fan-fiction isn't anywhere close to the real deal, it's entertainment.
>>
>>28720819
Thats it's English name, in Japan it's Dark Dialga, and it's not Primal Reversion, it's Dialga losing control of it's time powers and going crazy
>>
>>28717184
What it comes down to is:

He's going to be at least half right just through the property of "He's tossed in a billion theories that have at least some thought and linked them in vague ways"

But eh, dude overall is relateable, at least tries, and is better than Verlisify and "IT'S JUST A THEEEEEORY" at any rate
>>
Look, these theory videos are fun and all but I think the most important question of all is will Sun and Moon be good games?
>>
>>28719165
They've had YEARS to put this stuff together. It's not so far-fetched to think that writers with the intention of creating this kind of story could come up with in the time given. If anything, they've probably already thought of the bulk of the script by the time SuMo comes out.
>>
>>28721026
So far we can only say that they look like they're going to be enjoyable and pretty to look at. As a game, I'm concerned stuff like Z-moves might make the games too easy.
>>
I kinda hope he's right, but only because I love when games go to the controlling/defeating God territory, and it would be pretty cool for me if pokémon did something similar to that.

I remember when I was a kid and I played Final Fantasy Legend and defeating the Creator was fucking cool. Ever since them I've been enticed by the idea of defeating a supreme deity.

Anyways, I can't say wether he's right or not. I find many of his points to be stretches and I have a hard time believing Game Freak could have been plotting this for so many years. Especially because the hints they have suppossedly been giving since R/S/E or D/P/Pt are too vague or right out impossible to spot for someone who doesn't know anything about alchemy, astrology, etc. I think that if they were actually driving the games up to the culmination of the current storyline or era, they would have been a bit more obvious about it, just because a reboot like this is a huge deal. Somebody would have certainly connected the dots before this, I think. Or well, maybe somebody did but they didn't have the means to tell a large amount of people about it like Lockstin does.

In any case, I've learnt some neat stuff about alchemy thanks to his videos which I wouldn't have otherwise. I mean, I knew people looked for the phillosopher's stone back then, but the only thing I had read about it so far was the first Harry Potter book. So yeah.

I hope part 3.5 comes out soon.
>>
>>28717184
It's easy actually. His entire theory falls on the idea that they have been working for many years, creating and foreshadowing a reboot for the entire franchise. For one, that is a ridiculous idea, since it would mean Nintendo, for years, since Gen 3 (or 4) have been thinking "Okay, lets ignore progressing the franchise and instead build each game around the ideas and clues to a future reboot of the entire franchise, why? Because" Two, the idea that a reboot of the entire franchise would bring in TONS of money is just illogical, and looking at the idea of it, it would possible lose more money than make it.

As for the rest of the stuff, it's hard, not because the theories are so tight, but because he just presented so fucking MANY of them. Most of his theories aren't even so outlandish, just strong or small connections to alchemy and religions, which is fine. However all his story based theories are clearly just fanfiction of his own, hoping to create a "mature" story for Sun and Moon, when nothing about the games so far has presented a possibility of these crazy, outlandish storylines being thrown into the mix suddenly

When it all comes down to it, all his theories rely on a single thing, he wants Pokemon to grow up with him, thus he wants a reboot to a more mature style of games, which, while some elements of the games may be more mature, and there may be some mature bits and pieces here and there, the entirety of Pokemon is aimed at children, and that will never change.
>>
None of this shit is going to happen
>>
>>28718845
One was banished to another plane of existence by god for being violent, the other monitors earth for threats to the ecosystem.
So no, I don't think they parallel the devil equally.
>>
>His entire theory falls on the idea that they have been working for many years, creating and foreshadowing a reboot for the entire franchise. For one, that is a ridiculous idea

Not entirely a ridiculous idea. The truth is, the amount of man power it would take to pull off a story like this isn't as huge as some people are thinking. They've definitely held on to story points through out the years that they pick up again when it's time to start going back over the story. This actually goes as far back as the Unown being introduced in Gen 2 in the ruins of Alph. Alph, the alpha pokemon, who wasn't fully fleshed out until Gen 4.
I'll admit, digesting all of these story points in a few hours makes it seem as though you'd have to be a mad man to come up with this story, but in my own experience writing stories, you just build it as you go, until you have something huge and complex.

>>28721141
>hoping to create a "mature" story for Sun and Moon, when nothing about the games so far has presented a possibility of these crazy, outlandish storylines being thrown into the mix suddenly

So creating a chimera out of other pokemon isn't a mature topic for SuMo?
I think that's about as dark as it's gotten so far in the game, but I'm definitely expecting more. Megerna has a pretty dark origin too.
>>
>>28716225
If I remember correctly, his reason for why Pokemon would or should reboot, is because people who stopped playing Pokemon around Gen 1/2 are into Pokemon again due to Pokemon GO, giving Nintendo a bigger audience for their reboot- or something along those lines.
>>
>>28721270
>So creating a chimera out of other pokemon isn't a mature topic for SuMo?
Not really, not that guy. It's not any worse than Mewtwo's story or any other Pokemon story in the series. It'd be more mature if it's human experimentation, but not Pokemon. There's precedent for Pokemon related science, cruelty, experiments, slavery, etc so a story about a Chimera made from Pokemon is far from mature. If it's presented in a mature manner, that's a different story altogether, but XY had a man who wanted to kill everyone and the way it was presented wasn't mature at all. It was a childish interpretation of that sort of plot element and it was bad to boot.
>>
All I can say is I do wish he didn't roleplay so much with his videos, because it keeps a lot of people from watching them. These videos are actually very interesting.

>>28716394
At the end he hinted to Arceus being controlled by the Ultra Beasts. The ring around Arceus is something that has been seen when used by Cyrus on Palkia and Dialga. Lockstin thinks that ever since we've known of Arceus, it's been controlled by something (Ultra Beasts possibly).

>28716310
>28716754
>28716555
He never meant that they would truly end it and never produce more content. He was saying end in more of the sense of "the true story arc" coming to an end, and there being a soft reset.
>>
>>28716095
This is some ancient aliens tier shit, but I gotta say, it's damn interesting.
>>
>>28717484
Hey Lockstin
>stupid wannabe joker laughs
>fake psycho act
>ridiculous detective voice stops and starts
>shitty scripted dialogue
>complete logical leaps exposed as if they're conclusions
>beta cuck friend pretending to be Watson
>faux-drama with music and shitty editing

It's ultimate cringe. When he watches it back in 10 years he'll try to pull his own face off.
>>
>>28720433
>there was.
We only know shit about 4 captains that are all in the same insland, we don't know shit about the other 3
>>
>>28720875

>Team Skull/Alchemy connections
More alchemy connections, nothing to say.
>Team Skull aren't just Pirates
but that's what everyone seems to want, another team like rocket
>Skull are Hispanic
The flower name stuff, skin tone arguements, and hand gestures are enough evidence to believe this until better evidence reveals itself
>Guzma flower death
Stretching with only one species of flower doing this.
>Team Skull merging world of life and death
Cool motivation, could be justified with Skull's characters.
2.5 down
>older audience
we want the yokai watch audience though?
>release date numerology
Feels kind of horoscope make your own meaning kind of shit at this point
>4d spacetime jenga
yes.
>Arceus pronounced differently by the two
just kill me it isn't Arkayus
>Arceus alchemy connection
cool
>Two zygardes two serpents
Shit ok.
>Arceus symbol/ther archaeus
it does look like a design inspiration
>Snorlax getting up Z move
Snorlax trainer reference woo it's blue
>Gen 3 biblical shit Leviathan/Behemoth/Zyzz
Pretty solid and well proven before this
>Primal dialga is canon in mystery dungeon
no
>Mega Arceus reboots the franchise
sure makes sense in universev
>Never dual releases of console Pokemon games
Muh patterns but it makes some sense
>Eclipse game
never ever are we getting another third game, stick with the gen 4 remake idea
>Zygarde is the devil
Hexagons holy shit there's a lot of 6 symbolism here and it is literally a dragon
>Phi Rho Plasma emblem similarities
Really links gen 5 up with the biblical theming that's important in gen 4.
>Ghetsis is the antichrist, plasma is the catholic church/an evil version of it
I'm paraphrasing here but I like it. Gen 5 is the least connected to the rest so it needs more proof backing its connections.
>>
>>28721599
>Type Null is an attempt to make god.
I like it, especially since a popular fan theory is that ditto is a failed attempt at Mew.
>Break Twin Worlds (Black/Tech White/Nature) connections
This is a REALLY COOL element that should've been prominent in Gen 5. The TCG always does cool shit (Delta species years in advance).
>TCG reboot
Does point toward a reboot in the video games maybe.
>g=7, entei book stuff again
it was in front of us the entire time.
>CYRUS SUCCEEDED IN MAKING A NEW WORLD
I'm biased because this is a favorite theory of mine, but gen 5 happens next with dual worlds, gen 6 is definitely a new world, I really hope this is remotely true.
>Aether wants to merge universes because/guided by UB
Maybe? We don't really know their motivations so it's definitely possible and could fit.
Vid 3 down, that was getting hard at 1.5 speed
>someone is controlling Arceus, part 3.5
Kill me, at least I'm done for tonight.
>>
>>28721141
>Nintendo

Argument dropped
>>
>>28721537
>about 4 captains that are all in the same insland
>that are all in the same insland

Do we really know they all belong to one island? The pokemon site says nothing about it.

Maybe is just one trial + grand trial per island?
>>
File: alolamap.jpg (162KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
alolamap.jpg
162KB, 770x562px
>>28721669
Guessing by the first island, that I think it is the top right

it has all the areas needed for the trial captains, Sophocles (or whatever the name is) obviously might me in the city

In fact, most trailers are in the first island mainly, exceptions being Alola Vulpix/Sandsdrew and the Oricoro birds and some quick views here and there
We only know that first island is Hawaiian themed, and the rest are Japanese, European (maybe mainly Spanish themed) and Western themed
>>
>>28716095
>Gnogging

Literally the worst theorist. I fucking hate how stupid his premises are.
>>
>>28721726
>that I think it is the top right
Did you mean top left? Because that's the island with the MC's house (blue roof on the right end). We've seen the MC walking from there to the little town that's upside, where he fought against Hau in that Tapu Koko ritual thing (E3 gameplay if I'm correct)

That island does have a volcano thing, but I think top right is much more likely to be a home for the fire trial guy.
>>
File: 1473479068830.png (320KB, 600x461px) Image search: [Google]
1473479068830.png
320KB, 600x461px
ITT: /vp/ is tsundere for lockstin
>>
File: 1425233941774.jpg (8KB, 278x219px) Image search: [Google]
1425233941774.jpg
8KB, 278x219px
>>28722160
I guess he's kinda qt
>>
File: enlightenment-d352lyf.jpg (251KB, 737x1083px) Image search: [Google]
enlightenment-d352lyf.jpg
251KB, 737x1083px
>>28722160
I just spent the past two and a half hours watching this and for the first time watching a video like this my mind is blown. I expected mattpat autism, I got pic related.
>>
>>28720975
>dark dialga
>brightly colored
>in japan dark = evil
>but in japan primal dialga is called dark dialga not evil dialga?
>evil dialga =/= dark dialga?
>>
>>28719267
I don't want to sound like a denialfag, but how much do you think Masuda is actually involved in the design origins of pokemon? If Ditto was created with a connection to Mew in mind then would Masuda even know about it?
>>
>>28723257
Honestly I'd love to know what the process is for creating new pokemon. Maybe one day we'll know.
But yeah, I think he has some influence in creating the pokemon that are part of the story. That's what directors do after all, direct things. Though he's just the producer for this game, right?
>>
>>28723412
Yeah, he's not heading SM, but at the same time he wasn't director for RBY either.
>>
>>28716095
So much of his initial theory bases have already been disproven. He's full of shit.
>>
He's reaching more than people do for products on Black Friday.
>>
>>28719257
yeah i really didnt understand what he was getting at there
>>
>>28723700
A lot of his stuff based on names etc. are based on English names, not Japanese names, so his theory falls flat so much.
>>
>>28719476
that whole VS MEGA PRIMAL SUPER SAIYAN GOD SUPER SAIYAN ARCEUS TOTEM POKEMON WITH LEGENDARIES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA thing really turned me off i think that would be a really fucking retarded way to end the games
>>
File: enlightenment.jpg (241KB, 598x566px) Image search: [Google]
enlightenment.jpg
241KB, 598x566px
What the fuck am I watching
>>
Can we please not talk about this shitstain?
He is incredibly arrogant and cringe-y and I seriously don't want to support him in any way.
Also, his reboot theory is shit. It is obvious that there are heavy references to alchemy but seriously?
>>
if you watch his videos you're probably underage or college age at best

beyond the alchemy it's all reddit-style memeing that makes me think I'm watching some minecraft video aimed at children who would otherwise be watching play school
>>
>>28716827
>>
File: PPGE.png (2MB, 819x1050px) Image search: [Google]
PPGE.png
2MB, 819x1050px
>End of the video has player fighting Arcues in game as a Totem Pokemon
>Arceus is slowly destroying the universe
>Player beats Arceus
>But it's too late, the universe is destroyed
>Arceus decides to remake the Pokemon universe, and as thanks to saving it from it's rage, allows the player to help remake the world with him.
>One of those players is Chris-chan and Sonichu is now made canon to the Pokemon multiverse

Yep. Good movie,Arceus, good move.
>>
Stop posting him, that irritating face of his (which he thinks is cute) should not get any more exposure.
If I remember correctly he was pretty confident about his looks ans described himself as "qt chubby white nerd".
Lol @ the white part, makes him sound like a Nazi.
>>
>>28724459
>implying he isn't qt
>>
>>28724497
Here he is, the man of the hour.
How much did you pay to bleach yourr hair?
Let me guess, you bought one of those bleaching sprays, didn't you? Those that dry out your hair and make it look extremely unhealthy - just the way yous does.
>>
File: 1460514403481.jpg (10KB, 319x299px) Image search: [Google]
1460514403481.jpg
10KB, 319x299px
>Cyrus coming from a portal and having to battle him
>Arceus as a totem Pokemon
Mfw I want this to be true
>>
>watches his entire playlist
>feeling enlightened
I don't know if this is true, but this guy deserves credit. He knows his shit. Still not convinced of a reboot though.
>>
>>28726004
> He knows his shit

About alchemy etc., yes but not about Pokémon hence how he has been proven wrong many times
>>
File: 1424134737415.jpg (30KB, 305x265px) Image search: [Google]
1424134737415.jpg
30KB, 305x265px
>>28724459
>tfw no qt chubby white supremacist nerd bf

why live?
>>
>>28718893
>Multiverse Merging shit, as that's basically already what's going on.
What the fuck? No it isn't.
>>
>>28726004
Damnit Lockstin, just leave already.
If you a least try to be credible you'd not praise yourself so much and would instead write something ore down to earth.

>>28726672
Hey that's almost exactly what he wrote.
>>
>>28716754
By end, he means a Reboot. either hard or soft. Who knows.
>>
>>28716827
>>
File: gg.png (258KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gg.png
258KB, 480x360px
>>28726721
>He likes something I don't!? Clearly he's a shill!

Oh 4chan. Never change.
>>
i don't really buy the whole reboot thing, and the acting for the first part is pretty cringey, but the alchemy stuff is pretty interesting, so i hope there's a least some truth to this in the game's plot.
>>
>>28726721
Wow this dude knows his shit. He's basically right about everything
>"UUUUUUHHHH STOP SHILLING YOUR SHITTY VIDEOS HERE. HE'S WRONG!!!!!"

we have a new type of denialfag
>>
>>28726820
>>28727389
Dangit Lockstin, I already told you to leave.

>denialfag
stop using words you don't understand.
>>
>>28727489
Stop bumping your own thread, lockstin.
>>
>>28716943
The huge success that is Pokémon Go worldwide is not only on gen1, it's the whole idea, the possibility to catch mons in real life. Of course the fact that gen 1 is more appealing to wide audiência but i dont ser how it wouldn't be a success as huge as it is if there was pokemon from other gens in the game
>>
>>28727516
There is already another thread on your stupid videos it even has your ugly face in the OP. That should be fitting for a narcissistic "qt nazi chubby nerd" like you.
>>
>>28727582
>He's still going at it

Come on. Do you really need the extra, what, 50 views /vp/ can provide you, Lockstin?
>>
>>28727489
See >>28726820
You're making this to easy anon.
>>
>>28727686
>>28727765
The only reason I keep replying to you Lockstin is me not having anything else to do right now.
Ugh, maybe I should, like, finish that one presentation on the differences of norwegian and danish grammar but that would be, like, totally lame.
>>
>>28727819
Not everyone who disagrees with you is Lockstin, Anon.
>>
>>28727819
That actually sounds interesting
t. a future grammarian or linguist

>>28727859
Found the Lockstin
>>
>>28727894
What is it with people calling me literally who youtubers recently?
>>
>>28727894
Neat. General linguistics or a certain language?
The presentation is just a basic overview because it is an introductory course and my programme is really focused on the history of the nordic countries so it will only be this one course. The presentation is still lame because I'm not really good at them in general.
>>
>>28716095
STOP! Você não é assim tão TOP
Just kidding guyse
>>
why do all "game theorists" become fucking stupid? i used to like this guy at some point but damn he and his dick sucking buddy birdfucker toby are so uptight about their theories it gives me a fucking aneurysm, i wish all poketubers died
>>
>soft reboot of the franchise
>MC's looked similar to Gen 1 designs
>entire region filled with actual original Pokemon that weren't recycled from other regions
>tried to take the narrative in a more serious tone

>LOL ICECREAM POKEMON AND ONE THAT IS A TRASHBAG?! XDDD

There is a reason why a reboot won't work.
>>
>>28728248
Granted, Gen 5 was a wonderful "Remake" of the Pokemon franchise, the problems with "Ice cream" and "Trash Bags" were the designs themselves.

Trubbish and Garbodor look very unappealing and something that most people wouldn't want on their teams.

Vanillite's line went too literal with it's design and evolution that made it look stupid. If it turned into a Dragon/Ice Pokemon with the "Cones" being it's spikes or turning more into a Ice cream "Seller", then I would be more incline to like it.
>>
>>28728429
I'm just surprised it took 5 gens for an ice cream pokemon to happen.
>>
>>28728480
What bothers me is the idea of a Pokemon basing itself on Food, or Humans basing a Food off a Pokemon.
>>
>>28716827
(You)
>>
>>28719637
I usually see it as, "The Arceus you get is an avatar and not the true one, and the Unown are the thousand arms"
>>
>>28728429
vanilluxe is my bro you watch your mouth
>>
File: spell_counter.gif (106KB, 343x496px) Image search: [Google]
spell_counter.gif
106KB, 343x496px
>>28716827
Be gone
>>
How many posts ITT do you think are from the author of the video?

I dont think Ive ever seen such blatant self promotion.
>>
>>28720016
Yeah, it's a weak part of his theory. Heck, Primal Dialga in MD isn't even a primal. It's called Dark Dialga in Japan, and has more in common with Shadow Lugia (also called Dark Lugia) than anything else
>>
>>28728429
No, they were deigns you didn't want on YOUR team.

Part of the appeal of Pokemon is the ability to build your own party and use it however you want.

People, need to stop using "hurr I don't like the design that means the game is bad" meme, because guess what? There are literally dozens of other designs you can choose from, and hundreds post-game.

If you can't find six designs that appeal to you, the problem isn't the game, but that you're a picky little bastard.
>>
>>28716095
For fucks sake, stop self promoting yourself you idiot. We don't want to watch your crap videos filled with nothing but cringe. You're a shitty YouTuber and I find Verlisify more tolerable than you, and I hate him with a passion. Off with yourself please
>>
>>28720016
You're strike against his theory doesn't really make any sense.
In practice legendaries are more like polytheistic gods than a monotheistic ones. Which in most mythologies constantly try to be stronger and dick with each other and the mortals below despite their supposed perfection.
>>
>>28728686
Why does that bother you?
>>
>>28721357
To be fair on the human experimentation thing, Ultra Beasts are called Ultra Chimeras in some languages, and they have similarities to key humans
>>
>>28716095
They literally announced NX Pokemon. They will not stop making Pokemon until it's been milked dry.

People that believe this shit are retarded. Why would you stop making one of your most successful series out of nowhere?
>>
>>28730988
Because the video talks about a reset not an actual end.
>>
>>28731066

Does it even fucking matter?
Each Pokemon game goes on like the last one never happened short of Gen 2. If anyone actually thinks there is gonna be some universal reset, they're retarded and maybe a manchild like the dude who makes these videos.
>>
>>28731531
>Each Pokemon game goes on like the last one never happened short of Gen 2.
Really? Because 7 is looking like it's going out of it's way to change a lot of things that we figured as established.
>>
>>28731531
I assume you haven't actually played the game for the last ~6 years.
>>
>>28716095
How do people watch this shit?
>>
>>28731785

Cause they're manbabies that love fanfiction.
>>
>>28726781
>Hard reebot
>Implying they'll throw away the nostalgia farming money making fan wanking meme-buzzword designs of gen 1
No way, faggot.
>>
>>28717426
>Jap name is Kap Kokeko
Debunked in japanese?
>>
File: Most likely a coincidence.png (463KB, 1106x575px) Image search: [Google]
Most likely a coincidence.png
463KB, 1106x575px
Ya know, I'm not too much into the whole alchemy thing unless you count playing Golden Sun as anything related to bloody alchemy, I'm not that knowledgeable, but the whole thing certainly interested me, even though it's painfully boring to sit through these just to hear his justifications. But it's interesting to hear more on possible connections of alchemy to the pokemon world itself.

But something's been really bothering me and I've been meaning to ask

I'm noticed something in one of his images and I'm most probably thinking things not right. But basically, image related.

Now, don't quote me on this, this is all speculative bullshit and I probably don't know shit, but what are the chances of Popplio becoming or evolving into something relating to a prophet (that's what I'm mostly veering to or something with a similar of a role) or something major and being quite in fact one of the secrets of the starters' role?
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.