[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you decide your teams in a single player playthrough?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1474581757212.gif (1MB, 400x239px) Image search: [Google]
1474581757212.gif
1MB, 400x239px
How do you decide your teams in a single player playthrough? Do you only catch your favorites? Do you follow some kind of pattern? Do you plan ahead and make the strongest team you possibly can?
>>
If it's the first time through, I just catch what I come across if I like how it looks.
If it's a replay, I try to catch and use new things.
>>
I catch whatever I like.
>>
I try to catch everyone I come across. Get bored of that and just catch ones I like
And then I regret not catching everyone because going back for dex completion blows
>>
>>28715569
I use a team that's a mix of some of my old and new favorites that gives me decent type coverage.
>>
I'm pretty autistic when it comes to team building, I always go with:
Fire
Water
Grass
Electric
Flying
Random
>>
>Starter
>Something that I find cute
>Generic water pokémon that carries surf
>HM Slave
>Usually nothing other two slots

For the playthrough anyway. I work on team after.
>>
>>28715569
I typically plan ahead, but I'm not sure that's how things are going to work out in Moon. I'll be catching all of the new Pokémon, and the ones that impress me the most after being fully evolved will be used.

I suppose I really want to incorporate Oranguru on my team though.
>>
I used to catch what I like but I started getting autism about Walls and Sweepers in-game, I don't know why.
>>
>>28716595
This place does that to you.
>>
Grass
Fire
Water
Psychic(gardevoir or gallade yes I'm fag
Random type
Random type
>>
I always have a few guidelines I've been using since gen 1: Have one bulky water type, one fast electric type, and a strong fighting type. These are the three that can take almost any in game situation. The other three are filler.
>>
If it is the first time playing the game I play "blind" without knowing types, puzzles etc. try to use a whole "new" team of the new gen pokes or ones I wouldn't have used.

Then my 2nd is always pre-determined and so autistic I have spreadsheets on excel for training and everything.
>>
I'm super autistic about having only one Pokemon of each type in my team.
>>
>>28715595
this
I'll try and avoid using Pokemon from older gens, but if that's all there really is (HGSS, GSC) then I'll just catch what I haven't used before.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.