[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the Unova anime so bad but the Kalos anime so good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: 1468864460218.png (2MB, 1280x1418px) Image search: [Google]
1468864460218.png
2MB, 1280x1418px
Why was the Unova anime so bad but the Kalos anime so good?
>>
>>28713583
You got that backwards.
>>
>>28713603

Tried too hard
>>
>>28713583
Because for some reason they did the following:
>Decided to just completely reboot Ash in the BW anime
>Had Zekrom drain Pikachu of all its energy
>Got rid of Volt Tackle on Pikachu for fucking Electro Ball
>Gave Ash two of the most annoying companions ever
>Had to completely scrap the original Plasma plot because of an earthquake and just decided to never air those episodes
>For some reason decided to give Ash a rotating team which lead to less Pokemon evolving
>Had Team Rocket being actually serious for half a season before going back to being just comic relief
>Gave Giovanni and the Team Rocket Grunts an actual role for two episodes but had to scrap them and instead put them in a filler arc which lead to Giovanni going batshit insane
>Had Ash lose the League to a relatively new trainer
>And for some reason they just decided not to have Ash battle Drayden but instead had him battle Roxie for a final badge
>>
Neither was good.
Kalos was better though, granted.
>>
>>28713886
Agreed anon
>>
>>28713637
Just like xy.
>>
>>28713886
In the end, it was because the writers didn't want to adapt BW's heavy emphasised plot into the anime.
>>
>>28713886
Don't forget all the cutscenes and static images
>>
The Unova anime was primarily a slice of life anime with bits of shonen plot, while Kalos was the opposite, a shonen anime with bits of slice of life.
>>
>>28713886
Eh, the Roxie thing was a good decision if anything, but the whole BW series still sucked.
>>
Direct backlash to Unova criticisms

both were shit though
>>
>>28713583
Both the Unova & Kalos Anime sucked.

>>28713912
This.

>>28713886
TR was better serious: rest, agreed, though.
>>
>>28713583
japan used earthquake. it's super effective! best wishes fainted
>>
If the game is bad, then the anime is good.

If the game is good, then the anime is bad.
>>
>>28713583
>but the Kalos anime so good?

It wasn't, though. It's the same old stale shit and the characters are boring as fuck.
>>
>>28717820
ur mom was boring as fuk m80
>>
>>28717650
well the game was bad so ????
>>
>>28719729
So the anime was good
>>
>>28719775
no? black and white were bad. the black and white anime was bad...

furthermore, x and y were good, and so was the anime.

and don't forget, dp anime was really good compared to what came before it, and diamond and pearl were awesome games.

finally, gold and silver sucked and so did the johto anime.

i think anime quality is directly related to game quality, not inversely proportional.
>>
>>28719872
>diamond and pearl were awesome games
They were shit games. Platinum was good.
>>
>>28719898
well then let me be more general and say gen 4 was good.

and i want to say now that hgss did a great job of cleaning up the mess that the johto region was. i spent a lot of time with hg and enjoyed it.
>>
>>28713583

You got it backwards.
>>
>>28719872
>x and y were good

Nice joke.
>>
>Ash Greninja
>Good
>>
>>28719961
look. i dont hang out around the right places on this board to really get the volksgheist, but i loved x and y. the legendaries were so much cooler than zektrash and reshisnore. plus they finally gave us the full 3d battles i always dreamed of. i thought that the constantly moving pixel sprites were just so offputting in gen 5. mega evolution, from a lore standpoint and an appeal to flashiness is just so awesome and it inspired some amazing mega evolution specials. i especially love that people actually cared about what you accomplished, having that huge celebration at the end. and that moment with AZ, the one that gets endlessly memed on was, at the time, the most emotional moment in any main series pokemon game, ever, period. also, gen 6 gave me an actual playable mystery dungeon. i do have to give points to gen 5 for pokepark 2, though. it was legitimately fun.
>>
>>28713886
>Had Team Rocket being actually serious for half a season before going back to being just comic relief
This pissed me off more than anything else.
>>
>>28713886
Oh boy here we go.
>Decided to just completely reboot Ash in the BW anime.
Ash was the same, only more goofy.
>Had Zekrom drain Pikachu of all its energy.
For one episode.
>Got rid of Volt Tackle on Pikachu for fucking Electro Ball.
Doesn't Electro Ball get stronger the faster your mon is? because if so i'm fine with it.
>Gave Ash two of the most annoying companions ever.
Explain.
>Had to completely scrap the original Plasma plot because of an earthquake and just decided to never air those episodes.
That was out of their control.
>For some reason decided to give Ash a rotating team which lead to less Pokemon evolving.
I liked it but fair enough.
>Had Team Rocket being actually serious for half a season before going back to being just comic relief.
They went back to being goofy in the islands arc, they we're mostly badass in unova.
>Gave Giovanni and the Team Rocket Grunts an actual role for two episodes but had to scrap them and instead put them in a filler arc which lead to Giovanni going batshit insane.
The earthquake happen so they had to think of something, and I actually like him going crazy and rethinking his goal, but fair enough.
>>Had Ash lose the League to a relatively new trainer.
Fair enough, I hated the league too.
>And for some reason they just decided not to have Ash battle Drayden but instead had him battle Roxie for a final badge.
I liked his fight with her but I can understand why you didn't liked it.

>>28713603
Unova at least maybe me care for the characters, Ii was way more interested in Iris and her goals compared to Serena who was basically Dawn Boom.
>>
>>28719872
>X/Y were good
ebin
>>
I'm not sure what people see in it. Have you never seen a generic battle shonen before?
>>
XY started good, but ended like shit
>>
>>28720076
>legendaries cooler
Subjective. Doesn't make the game objectively bad. I love Xerneas and her design. Zekrom not as much but the fusing thing was nifty.
>3d battles
Would be nicer if there wasn't a shitton of lag. While this allowed the pokemon to be more realized than just in the art, they didn't do much with a lot of pokemon. Some birds just sit. Some just hang with their wings out like Skarm and look like hovering peices of shit.
>mega evolutions from a lore standpoint
What the fuck are you even saying
>appeal to flashiness is so awesome
Holy fuck, no. Maybe their "BIGGER, EDGIER, MORE SPIKES" design on half of the pokemon appeal to people like you, but jesus christ. Is this bait?
>people cared what you accomplished
Explain. People are much more interesting in BW and especially BW2. They give you background on a lot of characters like Elesa and Skyla, you talk to every gym leader from past series when you battle them, and gym leaders, old characters, and new characters all interact with you and the world, whether it was in the plot, in transporting you, or just seeing you along the way. It blows the way gym leaders used to be utilized out of the water. And before BW, that was them sitting in their gyms entirely and never moving. It also tried to introduce serious plot elements into the game which all four previous generations sorely lacked, or just didn't even try to do.
>moment with AZ....mot emotional moment
Entirely debatable, and again, subjective to you. Doesn't make BW bad, at all.

Your reasons are really just "XY did this, and BW didn't" when you're actually wrong about that, and why you personally liked XY over BW. You really didn't state any of the more objective problems I would consider actually did hold BW back. And regardless of that, BW and BW2 was still a good generation. I'm not even shitting on, or making fun of XY, but your post was literally a huge pile of shit stinking this thread up.
>>
>>28721119
Also, BW/BW2 had a very diverse region. And some great tunes, that bridge city was very calm and comforting place to be in. BW2 especially had a great Pokedex and variety, as well as an, arguably, long gametime for the mainline series as a whole (and unarguably) had a very interesting and long postgame. Compared to other generations, this gen is when specialized stat distribution really became a thing, which is great for competitive. The amount of things to keep your interest and extend playtime in this game completely blows XY out of the water. Completely.

I say this as someone who doesn't really dislike any generation. Call me a pleb, but I find many things to enjoy in all of them, XY, BW2, Platinum, Gold, Sapphire, whatever game generation or what have you. But you can't say BW is flat-out shit, especially trying to contrast it with XY to do so in your reasoning.
>>
>>28720979
>Doesn't Electro Ball get stronger the faster your mon is?
No, it's stronger the more TIMES the user is faster than the opponent. You need to be more three times as fast the the opponent to have it be stronger than Thunderbolt. It's a horrendously awful mememove
>>
>>28713583
>anime that has the memefrog good
>>
>>28720195
it's because the blasting off shtick is worn out and stupid.
>>
>>28721885
>tongue scarf
>>
As someone who watches non-kiddie anime, I can confirm that XY was miles better than BW, and the closest the Pokemon anime has ever been to having actual meaning. It's a shame it's all getting kicked under the rug now. I'll also note that the Serena loving Ash subplot was shit and added nothing except one good scene.
>>
>>28719898
they're the same games you fucking nerd, platinum is shit
>>
>>28722021
The XY anime is good. The XYZ anime is shit.
>>
>>28722021
But DP was the anime at its best

XY was good mindless shonen, but even BW had more interesting characters, including the main cast
>>
>>28722028
Except for the part where Platinum fixed of lot of the speed and pacing issues that DP had, improved the protagonists' design, provided a needed update to the boss battles (Flint got a massive boost from this) had a bunch of new content with the Distortion World and Battle Frontier.
>>
>>28713583
Gen 5 had great games but a shitty anime.
Gen 6 had kind of lame games but a great anime.
Gen 7 looks like it will have great games and a shity anime.
Muh patterns.
>>
>>28713583
>ashnime
>ever good
>>
>>28717650
So all main line pokemon games are literally perfect masterpieces then?
>>
>>28713603

fpwp
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.