[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

oh, noo!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

File: pokemon refresh.jpg (586KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon refresh.jpg
586KB, 720x1280px
>>
>>28712575

>3G

What mobile plan are you on?

2007?
>>
>>28712592
>pokemon gets covered in paralysis-inducing spores
>brush those shits away
>no more paralysis, saved me a trip to the 'center
WOW GAMEFREAK NICE LOGIC LOL
>>
This isn't new you dumbass. Amie does almost the exact same thing
>>
>>28712592
Device doesn't support 4G.
>>
File: 1471570586786.jpg (79KB, 640x618px) Image search: [Google]
1471570586786.jpg
79KB, 640x618px
>Beloved Poke Beans
>>
>>28712640
you cant use amie on a pokemon with a status affect
>>
>>28712640
Always entertains me how much /vp/ complains about casualization when they do everything they can to make the game easier
>alright, I've bred a competitive team full of hexaperfects, time to migrate them to the new games
>WHAT THE FUCK GAMEFREAK I AM STEAMROLLING EVERYTHING THE GAME IS TOO EASY WAAAAH
>oh, this optional amie thing gives you held item-like effects for free
>WTF I WAS L I T T E R A L L Y FORCED TO USE IT AND NOW THE GAME IS TOO EASY
don't even get me started on exp share
>>
>>28712575
>>28712629
Blue Flutes have been around since gen 3 for infinite use sleep-curing. How is this much different?

All it really does is save you the 200 for a Paralyze heal or Antidote.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>Pokemon gets put to sleep
>Don't need to waste my money on awakenings or full heals, can just use the "Call" command to wake them up

Thanks, Genius Sonority
>>
>>28712698
oh no you won't have to waste 200 pokedollaridoos out of the two billion you currently have on paralyz heals, game is truly ruined worst game ever everybody go home
>>
>>28712575
Nice, but it makes status curing items like Burn Heal and Lum Berry useless. (At least it doesn't restores PPs, so go to the Pokemon Center.)
>>
what's the problem here? It's still quicker to just toss a full restore at your problems instead of brushing and feeding your mons with this nintendogs shit
>>
I dont see this as a big deal, is rare than a non-bug catcher try to poison or paralyze your mon and Full Heal/Berries/Antidote/etc. are everywhere in every game
>>
>>28712724
Plus this new feature might not even make the game easier, necessarily. Who knows how much brushing you're gonna have to do to get rid of the ailment. You might just end up using an antidote or heal regardless of it takes too much time. Or just go to the center if it's easier. People are literally complaining just to complain which I see A LOT in this community.
>>
>>28712791
I wouldn't say useless, since it will still be quicker to use items and most of us will probably go back to items after we've used it a few times and it's lost the novelty.
>>
>>28712592
Try being born and living in a shitty third world country like me and many of us here.

Then be grateful for the circuntances you were luckly born under.
>>
>>28712791
>it makes status curing items like Burn Heal and Lum Berry useless.
no it doesnt, you still need those in battle.

also, theres a lot of unwarranted aggression in this thread, calm down anons.
>>
>>28712575

I'm perfectly oh ok with that.
>>
It's more immersive this way, this is shit Pokemon trainers would actually have to do sometimes. Clean, groom, and feed them like pets.
>>
>>28712747
THIS WAS GREAT
>>
>>28712876
Also, kids love amie and will love refresh. You know you would have liked it as a kid.
>>
>>28712575
What kind of non issue
>>
>>28712724
From what I heard about the exp share was that XY was built around it, so if you had it on you had easy mode and if had it you would have hard mode, at least in terms for levels. So you only have easy and hard modes with no middle ground. At least thats what I head.
>>
So Refesh still breaks the game and make it piss easy. Good to know
>>
>>28713014
How can you ask for difficulty and then actually complain about something being too hard, though? If it's not hard enough to be, well, hard, then what's the point?
>>
>>28713015
everything amie/refresh do can be done in other ways. stop being upset just to be upset
>>
>>28713015
So don't use it if you want a "challenge"?
>>
>>28713038
There are different levels of difficulty. They don't want pokemon in hard mode, they want it's normal to be a bit more challenging. At least from what I can tell.
>>
>>28713015
>what is the word "optional" ?
>>
>>28712921
I'm a damn adult and I wanna use this. Granted Amie lost it's appeal when I kept using it to make my pokemon better in battle, but I love minigames that involve "cleaning" something. It really scratches that completionist itch
>>
>>28712852
Lol fuck you. Nobody is asked to be born but now I can live my life knowing I'm better/more important than you in every way, shape, and form so thanks for that.
>>
>>28713095
>>28713079
>>28713042
lol its like people who were bitching about amie in XY just changed their minds
>>
>>28712738
Gen 1 had it with the poke flute
>>
File: Oak_Realization_by_ChadRocco.gif (3MB, 504x378px) Image search: [Google]
Oak_Realization_by_ChadRocco.gif
3MB, 504x378px
>>28712575
>It's a "let's complain about game freak making the games more user-friendly and less tedious because of MUH difficulty" episode

Did you fuckers bitch about the better bags added in Gold and Silver and the reusable TMs in Black and White as well?
Or hell what about the Running Shoes in Ruby and Sapphire?

I swear to God you people just like to bitch just to bitch.
>>
>>28713015
Literally the only difference is that you'll have more money, and it's not like that wasn't already an issue in later games.
Hell if anything it might be more tedious to do it like this because of load times and more menus.
>>
Just another feature I can't use without trivializing the game further. I wish I could actually use Amie, but if you even look at your Pokemon you start getting x30 exp and crit every attack. You should be able to turn these bonuses off
>>
>>28713320
Yeah, you'd think they've learned from amie but nope Refresh seems to be exactly the same
>>
>>28713175
Actually, some people did unironically complain about the reusable TMs, sadly.
>>
>>28713014

Nah, XY really wansn't. I did two playthroughs one with EXP Share and one without EXP Share.

with the EXP share, you start to get overleveled at around after the 4th Gym even if you use multiple pokemon, whline without it you start to get vastly underleveled after the 4th Gym because the areas between Gyms are so short. When I got around to the E4 my team was in the high 40's to very low 5o's, which meant the E4 outleveled me by a huge 15-18 levels I still ended up stomping them.
>>
>>28713175
No because those things were necessary. Would you imagine nowadays a bag that only holds a limited quantity of items, or TMs that are one-time use? That really would be tedious, specially TMs like Scald or Dazzling Gleam (this one is handed by a Gym Leader)
>>
>>28712575
They made something overpowered slightly more overpowered. I already learned from Gen 6 not to touch Amie until postgame if I don't want to ruin my playthrough with the bonuses it gives.

It would be like porting the Gen 6 Exp. Share and making it so it gives 55% experience to each Pokémon instead of 50%. It's slightly more overpowered than before, sure, but it's so fundamentally broken in the first place that you shouldn't be using it anyway.

All I hope for is that it takes more interaction to trigger the Amie bonuses at all, so I can at least touch my new Alola 'mons in their first stage to check out the Amie animations without worrying about getting a permanent experience boost and having to release it or reset the game.
>>
>>28712738
No one actually buys that shit anyway
>>
>>28712698
Pokemon that were cared for in Amie had a pretty good chance of insta-curing whatever status was just put on them in the middle of battle though.
>>
Wut? Amie was completely optional and cleaning your pokemon might be too.
>>
>>28713467
oh, and i'm not the anon you responded to
>>
>>28713175

Reusable TMs didn't make the game easier seeing as all the good TMs were restricted to Late/Post game
>>
>>28713042
Shit like the permanent boosted crit rate, permanent evasion boost, and permanent focus band, all as passives, are different than manually using a Dire Hit in battle or equipping Brightpowder or a Focus Band. Dire Hit takes a turn to use and only lasts until the battle ends or you switch, and the latter two are rare hold items that you'll probably only find one of before postgame, if you find any at all. The Amie boosts are permanent and can stack with any other battle items or hold items you use on it.

I'm not that mad about Refresh since, as I posted earlier in the thread, Amie taught me to avoid it like the plague, but the Amie/Refresh boosts aren't trivial at all, they actually make a large difference to the power level of a single Pokémon.
>>
>>28713510
I want to actually play with my Pokemon without breaking the game with Amie bonuses. I hated that I had to avoid half the new features in XY just to make the game not brain dead. You should be able to turn off the Amie bonuses.
>>
>>28713632

Don't forget that you also get a permninate 20% EXP boost, that can stack with Lucky Egg as well.
>>
File: norge.jpg (119KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
norge.jpg
119KB, 400x400px
>>28712852
>being born and living in a shitty third world country like me and many of us here
>tfw born in literally the best country in the world

Feels fucking great. Just kill yourself my man.
>>
>>28712575
great. new ways to neglect my pokémon.
>>
>>28713175
Do you really think a game expecting you to manage your money and items in the most minor way (it's not like status items are required since you have infinite free Pokémon Center heals, and you get more money than you'll ever need just by doing only mandatory trainer fights) is user-unfriendly and tedious?

I can't imagine you ever playing a JRPG that isn't Pokémon, something as casual as Final Fantasy must feel like fucking rocket science to you. Do you think the PMD games are user unfriendly too, since item management is a staple of the gameplay?
>>
>>28713510
>completely optional
Mostly optional, eevee --> sylveon needs amie
>>
>>28713014
the EXP share was a great addition since it reduced grinding (which is the worst part of any jRPG ever), thus encouraging trying out many different pokemon for your team because you would spend little time to get them on the level you needed to. The problem is that they raised the level curve but didn't bother giving the bosses good teams or movesets so that you couldn't just stomp them with your overlevelled team.
Talking about game-breaking mechanics, it's strange that no one seems to complain about Super training, which is possibly the most problematic one as it gives you the possibility to run semi-competitive EVs spreads from the very beginning of the game. I would honestly make it so that you can only do it around mid-late game, or hell even keep it as a postgame facility. The game would still be easy but a little less broken.
>>
File: what.jpg (95KB, 535x803px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
95KB, 535x803px
>>28713014
XY had exp share because it had 450 Pokémon.
>>
File: 1460641763155.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1460641763155.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>>28713941
>needing to grind at Pokémon
>>
>>28713960
grinding is not necessary but it may be when you wanna try out that cool lv28 mon that you just found before the endgame.
>>
>>28712724
Do you really think people just migrate their best pokemon they have bred, to new games of Pokemon and just use them for the entire journey. I mean you need gym badges in order for them to obey you if they're at higher levels.
>>
>>28713675
This. I mean I want to be able to maintain maximum pokeblock bonuses and be able to pet my Pokemon during battle, but still not have Amie hold my hand. Think of it to be like having the option between Set mode and Swtich mode.
>>
>>28714027
Actually I remember people pre-breeding their ORAS teams. Those people were stupid, but they did it.

That anon seems to think /vp/ is one person, though, when I'm pretty sure most people who complain about Gen 6 being too casual didn't do that, since it's pretty retarded to do so.
>>
This isn't really an issue since you can just not use it, but its sucks that I can't just play with my pokemon during a playthrough without getting tons of bonuses that make the game too easy.
>>
>>28714108
Maybe it's a case for some of them of where for the starter they'd prefer it to be a certain gender or of where they want to use a pokemon earlier than post national dex or of where said pokemon is unobtainable at all in the game.
>>
>>28713467
lol fuck off shitskin
>>
>>28712575

You don't have to waste antidotes and paralyze heal

At the same time, you have to enter the mode, load the Pokemon and then rub him for a couple of seconds on specific spots

It's a two handed sword

Free but redundant

Fast but costly
>>
That's specifically outside of battles

Your still fucked inside of battles
>>
>>28714358
How is it "wasting" antidotes and paralyze heals? Their entire purpose is to cure poison and paralysis, and that's what you're using them for.
>>
>people complain that Pokemon is too easy
>Everyone still wants hms removed because they can't stand having a sub optimal move set during the PvE of the game even though move deleted are free and have existed for ages

HM slaves are lame as fuck and you'd never actually use one on a real adventure. Just put the fucking moves on your guys. You'll never have to fuck with the PC, always have your Pokemon on you, and it adds extra difficulty to the game. HMs are great.
>>
>>28714463
I never complain about HMs, though I always choose using slaves over putting them on my real team, unless it's Strength/Surf/Fly/Waterfall since those are actually decent moves.
>>
>>28714444
>mfw I spend money on medicine only to waste it curing my illness
>>
>>28712575
Don't panic, they'll still have everything in case you don't want to use it.
>>
>years ago I used to read copypastas on how they would give you portable pokemon centers, rivals who would choose the pokémon weak to yours and exp given to all your party members
>this is actually happening/has already happened
I'm sorry anons, I should have listened to you instead of mocking you.
>>
mauville and fortree in rse/oras were both fucking slogs to get to because everything in the surrounding routes knew spark or stun spore or some other powder move, and if i finally never have to buy status-specific healing items like a pleb i will gladly take the opportunity

being paralyzed for three routes in a row is just tedious, no one's losing to wild 'mon no matter how many status conditions they have
>>
>>28714444

I meant money

Waste money
>>
File: 1364633205115.png (26KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1364633205115.png
26KB, 320x287px
>>28714685
Is everything that doesn't instantly teleport you to the Hall of Fame "tedious" to you people? I swear "tedious" is becoming a buzzword on this board.
>>
Pokémon-Amie was such a clever name and they just got rid of it
>>
>>28714865
We're not in France anymore.
>>
>>28713632
>they actually make a large difference to the power level of a single Pokémon.
In a part of the game that doesnt really matter if you care about competitive equal playing fields and powerlevels. just say 'nuzlocke run, no amie/refresh' and your problem is instantly solved by ignoring the otherwise useless outside of sylveon feature.
>>
>>28715013
Nuzlocke runs are fucking shit and people need to stop recommending them like they fix any and every difficulty-related issue with Pokémon. They completely change the rules and dynamics of the game to something where a single crit can force you to start the entire game over again. People who want battles in Pokémon to be more challenging don't want Nuzlocke rules, they want more challenging battles.

How anyone can equate giving a trainer a better-designed team with more than two Pokémon on major trainers, with keeping everything the same design-wise except you have permadeath and are forced to delete your save file if you ever lose a battle, is beyond my comprehension.

That aside, the amount of leverage you can give your team against a boss is important. There's a difference between the early Gens, where you have EVs and the badge stat bonuses as your only real advantages, to Gen VI, where you have:

>Super Training to give yourself optimized EVs
>the Gen 6 Exp. Share, where you give your team 350% the amount of total experience you would receive normally from a battle
>Pokémon Amie, which gives you:
>>1.2x experience at Level 2 affection, which stacks with other experience boosts like the Lucky Egg, trade boosts, NFE boosts, and the Exp. Share distribution
>>permanent passive Focus Band at Level 3 affection
>>permanent Evasion boost at Level 4 affection
>>permanent Shed Skin at Level 4 affection
>>permanent Focus Energy status at Level 5 affection

Not to mention the free Legendary you're literally forced to accept five badges into ORAS. Pokémon was always easy, but not like it is in Gen 6.
>>
>>28713675
The game is already braindead and always has been
>>
>>28713419
They're not necessary
>>
>>28715301
Not to mention megas and held items, that are so scarcely used by enemies they might as well be player exclusive.
>>
>>28715604
I wouldn't count items as a new Gen thing, but you're right about Megas. The mandatory gift Legendary mentioned for ORAS also has a Mega Stone off the bat.
>>
>>28712724
I don't care if they make the game easy as long as it's enjoyable to play. It's like the Kirby series, the games are easy as fuck, but they're so fun to play. They even have an optional difficult mode with True Arena, which could be compared to the Battle Frontier.
>>
>>28712852
Sorry, I forgot about Europe.
>>
>>28713675
Then use it after your main run is done.
Simple solution.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.