[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys, taking all bets. Will these games be good or bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (110KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 578x327px
Alright guys, taking all bets.

Will these games be good or bad? State your reasoning.
>>
they will be good because odd number gen
>>
>>28708730
I am extremely pessimistic about S/M.

We've deviated way too far from what this game has been for the last 20 years. With the removal of a proper Leauge.

Far too much gen 1 pandering thanks in part to the introduction of Go. These Alola forms taking over for what could've been brand new Pokemon.

Stupid 12 hour feature between games being one of the most unessisary main gimmicks in the entire franchise.

Games as of XY already confirmed to be made easier to appeal to a more casual audience.

Rich history of the first two games of a new gen being shit until it's third or sequel game is made and blows them out of the water

Ohmori

I really have no faith in this game and my expectations are at rock bottom, haven't even preordered it yet. I hope I'm proven wrong.
>>
>>28708985
>Stupid 12 hour feature between games being one of the most unessisary main gimmicks in the entire franchise.
This is literally the only dumb thing revealed about the games so far, and it's tolerable at worst.
>>
When it comes to the Pokemon anime, the Gen 2 and Gen 5 arcs are generally considered the weakest, while the Gen 6 arc is considered one of the best. Meanwhile, with the games, Gen 2 and Gen 5 are considered the best while Gen 6 is usually considered the worst. With these parallels in mind, the fact that the Gen 7 anime looks like dogshit likely means Sun and Moon will be amazing.
>>
>>28709104
Gen 5 is only considered the best in /vp/, everywhere else it really isn't. It's the most controversial gen
>>
+High quality

+Pokemon actually look better in 3D compared to Artwork

+Shaking the formula with the island challenges and totem battles

+More Pokemon than Gen 6

+Zyguard collecting

+Better costumization

The only thing now to cap it off is the post game
>>
>>28709213
>The only thing now to cap it off is the post game
Which will be shit to force you to get Lunar Eclipse and Solar Eclipse in a few years.
>>
>>28709021
Perfect for me DESU. My Pokemon games are always nighttime I'll enjoy playing during the "day"
>>
>>28708730
Literally everything so far points to them being absolutely great.
>>
>>28708730
>Shitty furry starters
>Garbage cartoony designs
>Worst graphics ever
>Ruin perfectly fine gameplay
>Add creepy random Aliens for some reason
>Useless gimmick abilities
>Megas are not being removed
>Seems even easier than X/Y
Man I wonder if the games are gonna be good...
Welp, lost my hope since the starter reveals.
Only gotten worse from that point. But yeah, Gamefreak disappoints me since Gen 3, so I was pretty prepared for this.
>>
>>28709358
you have the worst taste I have ever seen in the history of 4chan
>>
>>28709430
This.
>>
>>28709449
This.
>>
>>28709552
This.
>>
>>28709358
You sound like an idiot.
>disappoints me since Gen 3

No, you are an idiot.
>>
>>28708730
I'm gonna make the safe call and say that they're gonna be more polished versions of XY.

XY's transition from 2D to 3D was a little shaky, there was definitely work that needed to be done on character models, while the pokemon themselves look fantastic imo.

looking through the trailers, everything about the game screams *XY but better!* with tuning up mechanics like expanding on Pokémon Amie with the new Refresh, having new powered up moves to compliment powered up forms with the Megas, and so on.

I don't think it'll be a gen that breaks the mold or sets a new bar, more like everything XY has done to bring Pokémon to the 3DS, then polishes it for a smoother, more solid game, which I'll appreciate.
>>
>>28708985
>until its third or sequel game is made

X and Y was denied that privilege.

And if you think of ORAS as the "third" version then Gen 6 was truly fucked over.

Is this it bros? Has Pokemon finally entered decline? Will anything ever top Gen 5?
>>
They're breathing new life into a stale series and it's looking to make gen 7 the beat so far.
>b-but muh gyms
It's not a big deal whatsoever that they're doing away with it because one, a lot of people have been wanting to deviate from it anyway and two, the system that's replacing it is not only similar but more interesting.
Let it go, pokemon is changing, and for the better. If it wasn't people would be complaining about this game being another rehash. Be thankful they actually care about the series enough to change things up instead of continuing to play it safe.
>>
>>28708730
I think they'll be decent games at best, but it will feel like they are awesome because they come right after the underwhelming XY and ORAS.

You can tell just from looking at the trailers that the strongest point of these games are all the flashy gimmicks they crammed into them. Z-Moves, cinematic cutscenes, more pokemon that change forms, alola forms, more customization options, pokemon snap.

All nice things to see but that don't necessarily translate into more content that enhances or provides more depth to a monster catching and raising game. But as most of this is new, it will make up for an enjoyable playthrough and it'll take some time for the flaws these games could have to become detrimental for the overal experience.
>>
>>28708985
The only parts I agree with you are the alola forms taking away from new Pokémon and how easy the games will be. Other than that I think everything else will make for hopefully a more refreshing experience compared to the boring set up of: gyms, bad guys, champion, catch legendary, and no post-game.
>>
>no new megas
>venusaur and squirtle still shafted
>pikachu doesn't get a huge power-like ability
>alolan raichu looks like shit
>gen one pokemon with no megas are still shit competitvely and alolan forms aren't fixing them
>no PWT
>mega mewtwos remain useless
>Red isn't in the game

It's shit
>>
>>28708730

Anything can go wrong, but at the very least they'll be better than Gen 6's games since Gamefreak finally seems to be learning from their mistakes (such as removing HMs for one)
>>
>>28709178

You mean Gen 3, and that will still remain because people got buttmad you couldn't take your GSC pokes and transfer them to RSE.. A lot of normies liked Gen 5 because BW1 awakened a bit of nostalgia in them, and BW2 sold the 2nd most out of all the third version games.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.