[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red in Sun/Moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6

Red is usually described as a pushover for anyone who knows what he's doing even though he's supposed to be the strongest character in the games. So, hypothetically, if he ever appears in Sun/Moon, here's a team that can make him somewhat of a challenge:

Charizard Y, Level 88
Drought
Charizardite Y
>Fire Blast
>Solarbeam
>Air Slash
>Blast Burn

Venusaur, Level 88
Chlorophyll
Life Orb
>Giga Drain
>Solarbeam
>Sludge Bomb
>Growth

Blastoise, Level 88
Torrent
Assault Vest
>Scald
>Flash Cannon
>Focus Blast
>Ice Beam

Snorlax , Level 86
Thick Fat
Rocky Helmet
>Rest
>Body Slam
>Earthquake
>Sleep Talk

Espeon, Level 85 (Pokemon Sun)
Magic Bounce
Leftovers
>Toxic
>Psychic
>Dazzling Gleam
>Shadow Ball

Umbreon (Pokemon Moon)
Synchronize
Leftovers
>Wish
>Dark Pulse
>Swagger
>Foul Play

Pikachu, Level 94
Hyper Charge
Pikachunium Z
>Volt Tackle
>Iron Tail
>Extremespeed
>Fake Out
>Catastropika

In Gen 7, make it so that recharge moves don't need to recharge if they KO an opponent, that's why Charizard has Blast Burn.

Pikachu has 252 speed EVs and a Jolly nature always. His ability is exclusive to Yellow Pikachu and it acts like a Light Ball.
>>
>>28706811
>Giving bosses / strong trainers competitive items
Red's Pokemon never had held items in GSC or HGSS (Other than Pikachu in HGSS)
>>
>>28706928
That's what they've done since BW. Iris had them, Wally had them.

They're gonna give Red competitve items. Plus, the point is to make him a challenge. He isn't a challenge without items.
>>
I would expect them to throw in an Alolan form Pokemon.
>>
Give him all level 100s, 999 full restores/max revives
>>
>>28706811
Red officially has a Lapras now, it's even in your pic, so no Espeon/Umbreon
>>
>>28706811
If you want to make any in game team competitive you need to give them multiple possible teams and have the game randomly give them one of the teams each time so players can't custom build a team to fight the one set team a character has.
>>
>>28706811
But there will be no megas in SM.
>>
>>28706811
>you get to triple battle him after you beat him once
>he Mega Evolves all three Kanto starters at once

>>28707259
They should have just kept the Espeon and given Blue Umbreon.
>>
it would be cool if they gave Red his Origins team with Mewtwo and ZardX. Player characters have had to actually catch legends since gen 5 anyway, so theres no real reason why Origins can't be canon to this new timeline.
>>
>>28706811
>even though he's supposed to be the strongest character in the games
That was never stated. He´s at most a pretty good trainer in-universe, but we were never told he´s the strongest.
>>
>>28708815
Barring other MCs, he's THE strongest character in the games. They didn't give him the highest levelled mons and make him the final boss for nothing.
>>
>>28707323
That´d be a cool idea, not for Red, but for the game in general.

>>28708410
>so theres no real reason why Origins can't be canon to this new timeline.
Well, there´s the fact that there´s not a new timeline and the fact that Red already showed up in HGSS and B2W2 as an NPC.
Or that Mewtwo hasnt even been caught.
>>
>>28708844
He only has the highest leveled mons, but, in-universe, neither him or the other MCs have been stated to be the best.
And he´s only the final boss in one gen, not the final boss of all of pokemon.
>>
>>28708891
Who else would be stronger? Champions are beneath him, villains too. Frontier Brains are debatable but the fact that they don't have set levels make it difficult to compare. Only other MCs compare.
>>
>>28708927
>Champions are beneath him
Only Lance and Blue are sure to be weaker than Red.

>Only other MCs compare.
Then Red´s not the strongest. Specially since at least one MC beat him.
>>
>>28708978
Then Red´s not the strongest. Specially since at least one MC beat him.
>>28708844
>Barring other MCs, he's THE strongest
>>
>>28709005
Say so on the original post then.
>>
>>28708978
Levels are like Pokemons equivalent of powerlevels. Red is the strongest trainer we know of.
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 593x540px
>>28708875
>not playing the Delta episode
>not realizing Origins is the Red and Green remake we will never get again
>>
>>28709039
I'm not OP.
>>
>>28709063
>not playing the Delta episode
Unlike you, I did. Timelines arent changed there.

>not realizing Origins is the Red and Green remake we will never get again
>anime
>remake of a game
que
>>
>>28706811

Blue/Green should have Y to be a reference to PokeSpe, seeing as that's the only canon Mega in any continuity he's ever had. Not sure which of his Pokemon would hold a Z-Crystal, maybe his Pidgeot? Machamp? Rhyperior?

Give Red a Mega Charizard X to be as edgy as some of the fanbase thinks he is, and to reference Origins, for the same reason as above. Pikachunium Z makes a lot of sense.
>>
File: laughter.jpg (5KB, 191x250px) Image search: [Google]
laughter.jpg
5KB, 191x250px
>>28709187
>Charizard X pandering again
>>
>>28706811
>Red in Sun/Moon
not likely, but with all the genwunn pandering I wouldn't be surprised
hell I'm even hoping for a PWT 2 to see EVERYONE 3d model
>>
>>28709187
>Give Red a Mega Charizard X to be as edgy as some of the fanbase thinks he is
Only Red haters think that way, and I don´t really want to do what they want.
>>
>>28709216
I just want Blue to have a canon Mega and show up in SM, so I'm hoping he takes the less irritating of the Charizards. See, if he just used a Mega Blastoise or something, that would contradict PokeSpe, and there's no guarantee future games will ever use the same Mega on his team or even use Blue again. My point is, as his team has been left relatively ace-less compared to other Champions because of his changing teams from RGBY to BW2, I hope they fix that.

>>28709237
I only said that to cover all the bases: I don't want the replies only talking about how I'm an edgy faggot for wanting Red to be an edgy faggot. I just want Blue to use Y, so I'm hoping Red uses X.
>>
>>28709341
The games don't care about contradicting the manga.

They'll give him mega Pidgeot. If they have to give him a mega starter, it's mega Blastoise to keep in line with Anime Gary and Origins.
>>
>>28708978
*two MCs
>>
>>28709641
PWT is not canon and not indicative of a character's strength considering everyone's set to level 50.
>>
File: 1471126550613.gif (344KB, 610x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471126550613.gif
344KB, 610x720px
>>28709668
>PWT is not canon
You don't actually believe this right?
>>
>>28709701
Considering that you as the player can lose to anyone, even fucking Brock, yes, it's not canon.

The credits don't roll like when you beat Red in HGSS and you don't get any subplot about winning the PWT, so it's irrelevant.
>>
>>28709086
It's a new timeline
Old timeline= old games
New timeline= megas

>doesn't know Origins was an excuse to not remake R&B
Nice b8
>>
>>28706811
>>28707259
Talking of that, what would Red, Blue, Gold and Silver teams if updated to the 6th gen mons?
>>
>>28709740
So let me guess, you believe the Battle Frontier and shit is non-canon too?

Stay in denial, Red lost to Rosa/Nate
>>
>>28709641
PWT´s canonicity can be argued. That´s why the "at least". Ethan beating Red can´t.

>>28709768
>Old timeline= old games
>New timeline= megas
No, timeline hasnt changed, pay attention, we discussed this multiple fucking times.

>doesn't know Origins was an excuse to not remake R&B
Source?
>>
>>28709774
It's not unbelievable. He lost to emerald in the manga as well.
>>
>>28709806
Isn't the manga a separate continuity?
>>
>>28709774
You actually get prizes for beating the Frontier Brains and it's acknowledged in the lore. Nate/Rosa being the greatest trainer of all time isn't.
>>
>>28709831
It is, but it requires basic understanding on how a franchise works, which is lacking on /vp/.

>>28709832
> it's acknowledged in the lore
Not the guy you´re replying to, but out of curiosity, when does that happen?
>>
>>28709799
>timeline hasn't changed
Gonna need a source for that one bud, because there's no way anything would make any sense if it wasn't changed.
>>
>>28709866
>Gonna need a source for that one bud
Burden of proof is on you. Timeline was confirmed by scenario writer and no time travel happened after it.

> because there's no way anything would make any sense if it wasn't changed.
Are you the "Literally every single person in the whole world should be talking about megas" anon? Because Sun/Moon hasnt even touched them from what we´ve seen, so is Gen 7 on this "old timeline "too?
>>
>>28709859
When Scott gives you gifts after you get every symbol. He's the creator of the Battle Frontier and he's acknowledging your victory.

The PWT doesn't work like that, you can lose and win to anyone, not to mention that everyone is locked at lv. 50 and can only use 3 Pokemon, it's not representative of a trainer's skill or level.
>>
>>28709831
Yeah, I was referring to Red being referred to as a legendary trainer across all forms of continuity. Him losing to emerald didn't effect that in the manga, so him losing to Gold/Ethan in the games shouldn't change anything.
>>
>>28709866
>Gonna need a source for that one bud
someone has the twitter with the timeline? I lost the pic
>>
>>28709926
Ah ok, makes sense, I haven't read the manga so I wasn't sure.
>>
>>28709926
>Red being referred to as a legendary trainer across all forms of continuity
>in the games he´s barely referenced if at all and never in that way
>doesnt happen in the manga, he´s just a pretty strong trainer
>Origin ends with him just wining the league and getting mewtwo, but never acnowledged
>he sure as hell isnt refered that way in the ashnime since he´s not even there

What continuities actually do that anon?
>>
Just because the PWT operates in a different manner to the Frontier, I don't see the problem with acknowledging Rosa or Nate going through it and winning

At the end of the day they're both battle facilities where you test your skills against powerful opponents
>>
>>28709913
>no time travel happened
It doesn't need to, the Delta episodes was referencing parallel worlds where the war never happened. I.E the original R/S/E. And no, I'm not that anon, they were barely mentioned in Origins and they were everywhere in ORAS, which should take place at the same time. We don't know either way if S/M will have megas or not, so it's pointless to debate that.
>>
File: red.png (456KB, 1067x598px) Image search: [Google]
red.png
456KB, 1067x598px
>>28710040
The PWT, but if people here don't want to acknowledge it as canon, then they don't have to :^)
>>
>>28710040
He was referred to as such in the PWT in the games. You're right about the manga, I was overselling it.
>>
Thinking about it, your reward in the PWT is getting to fight through more of the Tournaments
>>
>>28710062
> the Delta episodes was referencing parallel worlds where the war never happened
Parallel world!=different timeline

> I.E the original R/S/E
Which not only is a game Red doesnt appear in, but also not FRLG, HGSS, gen 4 and 5.

>We don't know either way if S/M will have megas or not, so it's pointless to debate that.
SM will happen on the same timeline as usual unless stated so, megas have nothing to do with this.

>>28710099
>>28710107
>tfw actually proven wrong with actual contempt from the actual games
It´s a weird feeling.
>>
>>28706811
Because of how red works you can't really give him a canon mega. Zard could just hold charcoal to make blast burn hit harder.

Speaking of blast burn, my autism demands all 3 have their signature hyper beams. Replace gorwth and flash cannon for them.

Give snorlax leftover. Thwy're like his signature item. Espeon can make due with a twisted spoon. Pikachu would benefit more from a light ball and I can't see red doing the silly dance anyway. Venusaur get black sludge because balk.

Otherwise the team is fairly solid. Would be at least moderately difficult by ingame standards, especially if he's overleveled like he usually is.
>>
>>28710158
>Because of how red works you can't really give him a canon mega.
By that logic he shouldnt have a canon team. Oh, wait.

> especially if he's overleveled like he usually is
He only is on one of his appearances and the remake of that one. Hardly an usual thing.
>>
>>28710062
>>28710147
This is a pointless debate because what she said was so unclear you can take it both ways. More dimensional shit will happen in Sun and Moon, so we need to wait until then.

>>28706811
I agree with one of the anons that they need to change his team, but his Origins team sucks. Just give him and Green/Blue competitive teams.
>>
>>28709056
It's a Pikachi, anon. Smaller unevolved pokemon level up faster. Cynthia has the dtringest with a level 82 Garchomp in B2W2
>>
>>28710280
>Cynthia has the dtringest
>dtringest

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>28710280
Except Red still has a lv 84 Charizard/Venusaur/Blastoise and 82 Snorlax.

Barry has a Lv 85 starter.
>>
>>28706811
There is no point of having just Red in Sun and Moon.

Either bring all champions or no one. Not everyone has a boner for Red. Some prefer Cynthia, Steven or others

PWT would be the best way.

Bringing one character with same old team just for the sake of repeating a battle we had in the past is lame.

Hence why Mewtwo in XY felt stupid. So would Red in Alola
>>
>>28709740
Who says Brock is weak? The fact that he's the first gym leader? Gym leaders adjust their teams to match the skill of the challenger. They're a lot stronger than they seem especially consideeing a number of leaders have been champions or at least beat the E4 like Cheren and Clair
>>
>>28709216
What do you expect? Mega Charizard X is the most popular because it has a cool design and is actually a Dragon.
>>
>triple battle
>red has mega starters
>you have pachirisu

Ez
>>
>>28710147
Do you mean content? Anyway it's quite interesting what you can find sometimes, there's actually beta text for the PWT referring to Hilda/Hilbert as the possible strongest trainers

>"Meet Hilbert/Hilda, the Trainer some claim to be the strongest of all!"
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Black_2_and_White_2_beta#Pok.C3.A9mon_World_Tournament
>>
>>28710252
>what she said was so unclear you can take it both ways
No it isnt. You just need reading comprehension skills on par of pokemon target audience´s.

>. More dimensional shit will happen in Sun and Moon, so we need to wait until then.
I doubt that will change the timeline.
>>
>>28710327
>Some prefer Cynthia
She has shown up in Sinnoh, Johto and Unova (twice).

She can go fuck herself.
>>
>>28710326
They all have lower BST to Garchomp
>>
>>28710328
>Gym leaders adjust their teams to match the skill of the challenger
Example: Any rematch
The Kanto leaders teams in Gen 2/4
etc.
>>
>>28710327
They've used Red at some point each generation, but I really think Green has a better chance at showing up than Red since one of the NPCs said he was in Kalos, and he's being featured in the Generations shorts.
>>
>>28710328
> Gym leaders adjust their teams to match the skill of the challenger.
Origins isn't canon
>>
>>28710357
I was actually surprised when she didn't show up in Kalos
>>
>>28710374
Red wasn't shown or mentioned in Gen 6.
>>
>>28710374
I'll bet most if not all champions will appear in Generations

It doesnt mean shit. GF will throw in whoever they want
>>
>>28710380
Good thing this was stated in the games then.
Play B2W2. Cheren doesnt fight you with his final BW team.
>>
>>28710412
So Blue just loses his starter then?
>>
>>28710380
It was implied in the games when you had rematches and by Cheren himself when he complained about not being able to use his own pokemon. Both of these pre-date Origins.
>>
>>28710420
He doesnt use it.
>>
>>28710398
He got Origins.
>>
>>28710427
>It was implied in the games when you had rematches
Gym leaders just trained and caught new Pokemon

Giovanni's strongest Pokemon was level 50, Brock's strongest Pokemon was level 61. Are you saying Giovanni held back?

>by Cheren himself when he complained about not being able to use his own pokemon.
Him and Blue are the only cases of Gym leaders purposefully using their weakest Pokemon
>>
>>28710465
>Are you saying Giovanni held back?
Yes! Considering Giovanni didn't have a full six team and uses different pokemon in HGSS and the PWT.
>>
>>28710465
This is ashfag-tier level of delusion.
>>
>>28710465
So the first gym leader uses level 60 Pokemon?
>>
>>28710523
Why would Giovanni hold back? His fight against Red put his entire career at stake, he gave up due to his loss.
>>
File: image.jpg (183KB, 605x1004px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183KB, 605x1004px
>>28710351
This has to be b8.
>>
>>28710552
He could've continued if he wanted to, his fight with Red changed him. He didn't put anything at stake.
>>
>>28710576
>implies zinnia is in the emerald universe

>nowhere to be found in it

Nice game gamefreak
>>
>>28710576
It says its a Hoenn region where mega evolution is unknown, which fits RSE, games of which ORAS is the remake.

What the fuck is unclear about that?
>>
>>28710399
Maybe, but there was a screenshot of Blue standing somewhere I didn't recognize in Kanto. He very well could've been accepting his position as 8th gym leader so it might not mean anything. Just a thought. I doubt we'll see any returning characters outside maybe Zinnia anyway.
>>
>>28710647
>talking about R/S/E Hoenn as a different place in a remake
>still in denial about parallel worlds
>>
>>28710705
Japanese fans hate Zinnia, so I doubt we´re seeing her again. At least on a relevant role, maybe as a cameo.

>>28710746
>still in denial about parallel worlds
Are you legitimately retarded? I never said parallel worlds arent a thing.
>>
>>28710780
Did they? I always saw fanart of her on Twitter from Japanese fans.
>>
>>28710705
I'm pretty sure we're getting an episode about Blue taking on the league since that was probably his pidgeot knocking machamp into Bruno, and we saw him waiting for Red
>>
>>28710847
Well, Zinnia haters always post about that and have a pastebin explaining it, but considering it´s them it might also be a delusion

>>
>>28710865
Pokemons Twitter cover page has the screen shot of Blue anon is talking about. It's a castle or some shit. I thought it was the M.E guru thing like he did in the manga.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.