[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Confused about 6iv breeding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Okay so I'm trying to breed my first 6iv pokemon; an Inkay with with a careful nature. Atm I've paired a 5iv(low iv on hp) female with a careful nature/everstone, and a 6iv male with destiny knot. Should I change anything, or will I eventually get the 6iv I'm looking for with this pairing? I'm not entirely sure how the rng picks ivs to be passed down. Any clarification on iv passing or the breeding process in general would be much appreciated. Thanks vp!
>>
Take what you've got and stop worrying about it. IV Breeding is being made completely obsolete in Sun and Moon by allowing us to max out all IVs with an item.
>>
Breeding parents 31/31/31/31/31/31
and
x/31/31/31/31/31
will produce a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Pokemon 1.8229% of the time or 1 out of every 54.8571 eggs!

http://mkwrs.com/destiny_knot/

The destiny knot has to select all stats except for HP and let the RNG roll for a 31 on it.
>>
>>28700230
S/M will also make your breeding efforts obsolete if you want to use your products in ranked matches.

Also there's always the option of just breeding for natures, moves, and HAs then using powersave to max IV them. It's what I do because it feels less scummy than genning. I sware on me mum I'll stop in gen 5 if hyper training isn't a complete fucking chore to do.
>>
....what? That kinda sucks... I haven't been looking into sun and moon cause I didn't want to spoil the game, but that something I wish I would have known. Wow. How's that supposed to work? Like consumables that up the iv in one stat? That's kinda cheap... and ruins the point of ivs. Ivs make each individual pokemon different and special, if we can change that then what's the point, you know?
>>
>>28700260
Thanks! That helps alot actually.
>>
>>28700359
They're consumable and likely to be something difficult to work towards anyways. It won't be as simple as Super Training, but nowhere near as hard as IV breeding is now.
>>
>>28700359
We don't know how we will het these items yet. If they take over an hour to get breeding is still better
>>
File: NtqXPT6.jpg (1MB, 1600x10000px) Image search: [Google]
NtqXPT6.jpg
1MB, 1600x10000px
>>28700260
>The destiny knot has to select all stats except for HP and let the RNG roll for a 31 on it.
I have no idea what you're talking about. The destiny knot selects 5 IV stats from either of the parents (so it could be 3 from Dad and 2 from Mom or 5 from Mom and 0 from Dad and so on) and the 6th stat is randomly generated.

>>28700006
Read pic related. 6IV pokemon are usually not necessary.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.