[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

File: 154Meganium.png (152KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
154Meganium.png
152KB, 500x500px
What went wrong
>>
>>28696889
Literally EVERYTHING
>>
>>28696889
Movepool
Stats
Typing
Design
Hidden ability

Is there anything that didn't go wrong?
>>
File: guy.jpg (13KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
guy.jpg
13KB, 300x250px
lol dont ask that question
>>
>>28696889
Nothing. It's a great design. People only shit on it because of competitive viability but Pokemon wasn't even concentrating on that aspect when Gen 2 came out, since Johto was more of an add-on than a continuation.
>>
it just gets bigger
>>
File: uKuanIT.jpg (197KB, 800x719px) Image search: [Google]
uKuanIT.jpg
197KB, 800x719px
it's not Bestnaught
>>
>>28696940
>but Pokemon wasn't even concentrating on that aspect when Gen 2 came out
And boy does that show
The new Pokemon are barely playable even in-game. starters slide by on relatively high bst in general.
>>
>>28696889
It's a defensive oriented starter introduced in games where most gyms had advantage against it. People mostly hate it because they can't just sweep with it.

Otherwise it's a pretty decent pokemon. It got the short end of the stick with its HA though.
>>
>>28696889
It debuted as a defensive support starter who was weak to the first two gyms in its gen, most kids (myself included) would rather pick the alligator or giant angry yellow human that dealt more damage and looked cooler.
>>
>>28696924
Meganium design is great IMO. Everyone criticize the flower, but what did you guys want? Just even bigger leaves? The color change is also beautiful.
>>
>>28696889
>single type
>grass only
>not poison too

Vicrtreebel and Venusaur shit on that nigga.
>>
>>28696889
It ruined the reputation of Grass starters forever.
>>
>>28696889
>cool leaf blade becomes wispy antennae things
>nettles become flower petals
>yellow goes to boring green
>long derpy neck/face
still mad
>>
File: Greninja by Darkdoomer.jpg (93KB, 500x524px) Image search: [Google]
Greninja by Darkdoomer.jpg
93KB, 500x524px
It was a sort of cleric, meant to set up barriers with Reflect, Light Screen and Safeguard, and it had shit offenses. You kinda don't need the barriers due to items and the shit offenses meant it'd take longer to defeat enemies.

Plus, the Chikorita line has type disadvantages against most of the gyms and the champion.
>>
Nothing at all. Chikorita line is cute as fuck.
>>
>>28696889
Isnt potato variant
>>
>>28696889
10/10 design but it has the pure grass type syndrome of having a fuckton of weaknesses and shit movepool. They could have tries to fix it with a good ability but they fucked up and decided to give it Leaf Guard.
>>
>>28696889
>defensive support
>as a starter

He was doomed from the start and this is why GF never made another starter like him since every kid who picked him hated the thing. I liked Meganium though.
>>
It's one of the weakest starters, but I still don't think it's that bad in game. But maybe I only think that because you can at least teach it Earthquake while Serperior gets nothing.
>>
>>28696924
Arguably design, but that's purely subjective.
>>
File: 154 (1).png (1KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
154 (1).png
1KB, 80x80px
>>28696889
>+Fairy Type
>Regenerator as HA
>Can now learn Moonblast, Earth Power and Sleep Powder
>+10 to Def

Fixed?
>>
>>28700684
I'd rather it got Flower Veil for being pretty much a superior Magic Bounce for Grass-types.
>>
>>28700684
Massively improved

>>28700760
Agreed, mega with flower veil and fairy type plus some good defensive and special attack boosts would make it viable.
>>
I picked him in HG because I figured getting a shit starter would make the game more challenging.

Plus the idea of the edgelord picking Typholison just made sense. For this reason Meganium is my "canon" Gen 2 pokemon.
>>
It has the exact opposite of a movepool.
The stupid thing can't even learn leech seed by level up.
>>
>>28696889
Doesn't feel unique. It's like Venusaur 2nd edition.
>>
>>28700760
Had no idea that ability even existed.
>>
>>28700684
>Fairy type
Might as well give it a Steel typing to go along with Grass to make it salvageable as a defensive mon.
>>
>>28696889
>Chikorita's most prominent feature is the leaf
>this continues into Bayleef's design with the leaf clearly being the focus
>LOL LETS JUST GET RID OF THE LEAD COMPLETELY AND GO WITH THIS DUMB FLOWER MOTIF

It's just fucking lame. It could have been proto-Sceptile.
>>
>>28701095
my nigga do you not know how nature works?
>>
>>28700760
>pretty much a superior Magic Bounce
I mean flower veil is good, but how is it protecting grass types from having their stats lowered superior to bouncing pretty much every non damage move back to your enemy?
>>
>>28701095
If it had the leaf you fucking faggots would be complaining that it just gets bigger, fuck you.
>>
>>28700684
>Grass/Fairy
>Crogunk used poison sting!
>>
>>28701464
b-but it would take neutral damage from bug...
>>
>>28696889
went from pikmin to bug/alien.
>>
>>28701464
>Unironically posting the retarded 4x meme
>Being autistic
Kill yourself you genetic mistake
>>
>>28702026
>Being this triggered over memes
>>
>>28696956
Absolute trash
>>
>>28698186
I like the flower but I wish they tried to make it more attached/growing out of it's shoulders. Maybe root inspired feet too?
>>
>>28696889
Being a defensive support mon in a game where that was a lame niche, and being a grass type on top of that. The best way to use Meganium was to put up screens and then swap out to something useful. That's not what you want from a starter.

I think Meganium might have done slightly better in Gen 3 as a starter, where using Reflect/Lightscreen combined with Razor Leaf would let it shine decently well in a double battle.
>>
>>28700684
Honestly, I'd settle for learning more fairy moves on level up.

Also, how does Meganium learn Poisonpowder but not sleep powder?
>>
>>28696889
Your shit taste
>>
File: Serperior 15.png (1MB, 2100x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Serperior 15.png
1MB, 2100x2500px
>>28700444
Just use contrary leafstorm :^)

Okay but seriously though, she has access to coil, aerial ace, and can learn aqua tail and iron tail through move tutor.
>>
>>28702123
I'm mostly going off B/W1, where the only moves above 60 BP were grass and normal type.
>>
>>28702089
I think a pokemon that plays the whole defensive and support mon entirely better that is still easily accessible during the game would be Bronzong. It could learn both screens through TM (of which said TM were cheap to buy in the department store), stealth rock through TM can learn hypnosis, safeguard and overall better typing along with two nice abilities that amplify its own tank and bulk.
>>
>>28702123
>she
Why is Serperior a shitmon only enjoyed by vorefags
Is it because no one else can get past how bad its design is?
>>
The problem with Meganium (and Typhlosion) is that they're inferior versions of their predecessors: they have the same/similar stat spreads to Venusaur and Charizard, but worse movepools
>>
>>28700875
Honestly she makes the game easy as hell, razor leaf and body slam are ridiculously easy to spam and come very early.
>>
>>28696889
not good waifu material
>>
>>28702178
Yeah, support mons can be done well, but the thing is that they're rarely the star of the show. a Bronzong with everything you listed wouldn't be there to get kills, and it also has the benefit of Light Clay being introduced, meaning the screens stay up longer. It does a better job than Meganium, because it's more specialized, but at the same time it won't be getting kills itself.

Meganium doesn't have that luxury, since as a starter they have to give it decently rounded stats. Furthermore, even if Meganium was as good at support as Bronzong, it would still be kind of lame, since who wants their starter to set up screens, throw up an entry hazard and die so that the real pokemon can do things? That just feels lame.

Meganium was a mediocre support in a gen where that wasn't very useful, with a type that doesn't help, and a status as a starter that makes support seem dumb.

I think they could have made a cool support starter, but the mechanics and options of gen 2 meant they did it too early.
>>
>>28701160
>>28701443
>FUCKING LEAVES turn into flowers

apparently you two dont understand nature at all. if you wanted nature shit the flower would be around meganiums head not its neck
>>
>>28702417
The 'leaves' around bayleef's neck are actually buds. You can tell from some of the older backsprites where they're more spiraled.
>>
MUR STAKE
>>
>>28698186
I like Meganium design too, sadly everything else is shit.
>>
File: 1438235079096.jpg (48KB, 391x391px) Image search: [Google]
1438235079096.jpg
48KB, 391x391px
>>28696889
>>28700684
Make it capable of learning Spore.
>suddenly OU
>>
>>28696889
>flower in the design
>not a fairy type
>>
take a play-dough dinosaur and put a flower on it. give it useless stats and moves, make it monotype grass so bug fucks it, and be sure to give it shit abilities when abilities are introduced
>>
>>28702251
>typhlosion
>learns fucking rollout at lvl 46
>never anything but fire moves

at least meganium has the scapegoat of being a grass type
>>
>>28705531
>slow as shit and able to be 2shot before its first move
yeah nah spore won't save it
>>
File: Mystical Gardener.jpg (14KB, 236x346px) Image search: [Google]
Mystical Gardener.jpg
14KB, 236x346px
>>28705537
Just as ridiculous as Florges the GARDEN Pokémon isn't a Grass type as well.

>>28705603
What is Trick Room?
Just have it set up before bringing in Meganium in.
>>
>>28702040
oh piss off mate
>>
>>28696956
>worst grass starter ever
Yeah good one
>>
>>28705699
>all that setup just to Spore once
>>
>>28705603
Meganium has 10 more base Speed than Breloom and Smergle.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.