[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rough Post-Extreme Evoboost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

File: eevee z-move stats.png (37KB, 615x405px) Image search: [Google]
eevee z-move stats.png
37KB, 615x405px
Sorry if this was a thread already.

I know this isn't how stat boosts work -- they're based on the actual stat, not the base stat, but this is close enough for discussion's sake.

How much does this help Eevee? It won't be OU, but it might be NU or RU? Idk.

Eevee gets Adaptability so Return and Quick Attack look like they'll hurt a bit. What about Stored Power?

Go nuts.
>>
>>28696313
See, Extreme Evoboost seems to be powerful, but not broken.

Good stuff:
>Every stat is doubled
>Baton Pass
>Stored Power
>"Eeveeium" will probably be banned from LC (this technically isn't a good thing, but it isn't a bad thing either)
Bad stuff:
>Only Eevee can use it
>It's an Eevee
>Can only be used once per battle
>Pidgeot used Whirlwind!
>>
>>28696387
oh I also forgot to add one more thing to the Bad stuff:
>It uses up an item slot
>>
>>28696313
Stored Power would have base 220, I believe.
I'd place my bets on NU, personally.
Which, considering its currently not even viable in LC, is a major improvement.
>>
>>28696419
Yeah that's the other thing I noticed too. When I was making this I was thinking of Eviolite the whole time and forgot "Eeveeium Z" is the item, but they're still respectable.
>>
>>28696387
I can see this getting banned but wouldn't it be better to not have it running wild in LC?
>>
Someone did the math and with Adamant Nature+252 Attack EVs it hits 145 attack.
>>
OP, the BST MORE than doubles.

It doubles the stat not the BST.

For example Huge Power doubles attack M-Mawile goes from Base 110 attack to base 259.
>>
I've always preferred Eevee to the Eeveelutions

Does this mean I'll finally be able to have an Eevee in my team that won't be a dead weight?
>>
>>28696313
BANNED, BANNED, THAT'S BANNED

Smogon is just as awful as competitive Smash Bros communities.
>>
>>28696313
Since in Smogon metas it won't be able to pass, it will be NU or PU. Eevium will be autobanned to LC ubers for sure.

In a meta where chain passing speed was allowed it would be OU as part of the memepass team since it allows for that final setup to come MUCH more quickly. Once you can get some basic defense buffs down on it, switch it in, evoboost then switch to Espeon and sweep with STAB stored power.

The only thing that will fuck over a pass team like that is perish song politoed or if you boost your Espeon too high, scarf imposter ditto.
>>
>>28696313
anon, it also doubles the value of any IVs and EVs, so it's more like 130 base attack after evoboost
>>
>>28696313
What is Eevee able to outspeed that it can Baton Pass without dying? I feel like it would drop like a fly.

>Ledyba used Mach Punch!
>Eevee used Extreme Evoboost!
>Ledyba used Mach Punch!
>Eevee fainted!
>>
>>28696590
After an evoboost if it has max speed investment it's 145 base speed, with no investment it's 110.
>>
>>28696589
>>
>>28696479
Is this in LC?
>>
>>28696479
Posting this yet AGAIN, like I did earlier today and yesterday in different threads. Adamant 252 Atk / 252 Spe Eevee at level 50 after using its Z-Move has these stats:

HP: 131
Atk: 234
Def: 140
Sp.Atk: 116
Sp.Def: 170
Speed: 214

Which is pretty damn good if you ask me. I can see it being RU or UU even. Coupled with Adaptability Double-Edge and Quick Attack, Stored Power for Fighting types and Baton Pass for anything it can't handle, it's better than a lot of people are giving it credit for. The "Eeveeium Z" will definitely be instantly banned in LC.
>>
>>28696590
>What is Eevee able to outspeed that it can Baton Pass without dying?
A lot of stuff, considering he gets + 2 speed. The problem is surviving the first turn before you boost.
>>
>>28696651
Sticky web.

With investment into speed, he can outsome some stuff within reason.
>>
>>28696524
I know... I said that in the OP...
>>
>>28696690
>Sticky web
>Rapid Spin
>Defog
>>
File: 1399217354659.jpg (37KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
1399217354659.jpg
37KB, 569x428px
>>28696313

As OP as it sounds, it needs an opportunity to use it, which it usually won't get.
It's like Rock Polish Rampardos. Amazing on paper until you realise nothing lets you set up that Rock Polish and it can't really survive a hit. Another good example is Simple Calm Mind Swoobat, also great... on paper.

Considering it needs a held item, and with base 55 HP, 50 defence, 65 SpD and 55 speed, it will be outsped by virtually everything and OHKO'd by virtually everything that isn't a passive wall (and even those can cripple it with T-wave or similar).
>>
>>28696589
I know, I said that in the OP..
>>
>>28696717
No you didn't my post was the first mention of sticky web.
>>
>>28696757
He wasn't replying to you, you idiot.
>>
>>28696529
Competitive Smash isn't nearly as bad as competitive Pokemon like this though. Not even Brawl Meta Knight was banned, and nobody tries to force a bunch of separate low tier metas in any of the games - if your main sucks, thems the breaks, just have to put in more work - and for the most part they just go ahead and DO THAT instead of standing still and demanding the world move.
>>
>>28698118
If you mean competitive non-melee smash the yes it's pretty decent.
>>
>>28698118
>instead of standing still and demanding the world move

>>>>>he doesn't know about the Sm4sh community
>>
>>28698243
Smash 4 community is underage online, and underage offline, and full of retards, spare the few from brawl who still play.

Melee community on the west coast, at least, is full of oldfags. Online, they're terrible. I still know which camp I'd rather be in. And it's not in the land of edgy sonic mains who get banned from tournaments after pretending to have cancer so they can get a picture of a girls feet to jack off to. I'm not even making that shit up.
>>
>>28696313
Multiplied stats are NEVER indicative of a Pokemon with multiplied base stats because of all the fixed additions happening before it, and the base stat equivalent of the Pokemon's modified stats changes with how much is added, so there isn't a concrete value to compare like this.

At just full IVs, no EVs at all, a Pokemon would need to have base stats of
55 / 128 / 118 / 108 / 148 / 128
to be equal to an Eevee with the exact same investment.

At full EVs (ie pick TWO of these stats to sub into the above), an Eevee stat would be equivalent to a full-investment Pokemon with
55, 177.5, 167.5, 157.5, 197.5, or 177.5
in the same stat.

>>28696730
It actually doesn't take much investment for unboosted Eevee to be able to tank one reasonably strong attack, which is all its hypothetical strat really demands. Eevee with a bunch of Def can live through normal unboosted Garchomp stuff for example (and it's easier than that if you instead invest specially defensive and choose to set up on a special pokemon, with the way Eevee's stats are distributed).
>>
>>28698580
No need to invest EVs into speed at that fast.

Investing some into Defense sounds like a good idea though.
>>
>>28698312
Explain the feet thing further, this sounds like madness and something this kid will regret when he's 100 years old.
>>
>>28698243
I was specifically talking about Melee. It barely even applies to a halfway-balanced game like Smash 4. Smash 4 fags don't know SHIT about working your favourites through adversity. Dedicated Samus mains, Pikachu mains, even Yoshi mains exist and are gradually improving in results. Icies and Peach are at plenty of tournaments now and it sure as fuck wasn't due to tierfagging - people didn't KNOW how good they were until it was demonstrated. Even Leffen, a through-and-through foxfag, is totally dedicated to scraping Mewtwo off the bottom tier and bringing out its strengths.
>>
>>28698580
Is this with a Neutral nature?

I think 252 HP EVs, 126 Attack EVs, and 126 Defense EVs sounds good.

Maybe a +Def -S.Atk nature
>>
>>28698659
It's literally as he said, he was bothering a girl on fb and said he had cancer and the one thing that'd make him die happy would be pictures of her feet. I can't be bothered to find screenshots but this is par for the course for the smash 4 community.
>>
>>28698779
That sounds pretty based, honestly
>>
>>28698758
Talking about surviving the attack? Yeah. I didn't bother to change nature after checking to see if some Def EVs let it survive some standard Garchomps.

You can investigate some kind of optimal setup here if you want:
https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/
>>
>>28696526
Yes if you play PU
>>
>>28696541
Nobody said that passing speed will be banned in the SM metagame though
>>
>>28696313
dont expect much, its not even as good as light ball pikachu is currently
mostly because its hard walled by anything ghost/dark
and hard as in HARD walled, doesnt matter what set is run, eevee cant touch it and either dies while it gives a goblin free turns or switches out and becomes dead weight
>>
>>28696313
Why arent people expecting Eevee to get at least one new move to work with?
>>
>>28698659
Of course he will. Some kid named somethingTwich, maybe SSB4Twich or something?

He was autistic as hell. Known for being weird and smelling like absolute shit in NorCal. Anyways he was always "disturbed" and then a bunch of people (including dudes) released a bunch of caps and conversations, even pictures, of the dude being a weird fuck.

He'd say he would kill himself and the last thing he wanted was a pic of the girls feet. When that didn't work, he started to use cancer and dying as an excuse, like "help ease my pain, my doctor just called... He says I have a day to live".

No joke. I think he was a fucking Sonic main of all things too. He eventually went full retard and made an alternate twitter where he then said he fucking hated everyone and was going to get them back, or kill them, and he tweeted probably every single person in the melee and S4 community (and one 64 kid) and said how he hated their guts and wanted them to die slowly so they would know "his pain".

Not even a joke. This was only around a month ago too. He's banned from every tournament now. If you live in NorCal, just ask around, I bet everyone has a story involving this guy. Real 'columbine' vibes to him.
>>
>>28698809
It was based until he went full fedora edgelord. Then it got really, really sad.
>>
>>28699233
Because speculating which new moves Eevee will have would be a tremendous waste of time with no real point? We're discussing Eevee with the omniboost we did see, and Eevee already has the right moves to abuse it
>>
if you let an nfe pokemon with 100 def and 130 base spdef with no focus sash survive two turns, you deserve to get baton pass swept.
>>
>>28698118
Pokémon are a lot more objective than Smash characters, though. A skilled Pichu can take out an unskilled Fox, sure, but can you honestly say that Sewaddle can 1v1 an Uber if played correctly? There's nothing it could do, especially by comparison to other mons. Should Weedle be in the same tier as Mega Beedrill? The different tiers allow mons that can't keep up a chance to shine, while not affecting the main meta. And you're totally welcome to use sub-OU mons in OU as you please. And if they do end up filling a niche (see: Quagsire and Tangrowth's recent jumps) then they'll go up in tiers.

I don't understand why people think Smogon shits on lower tiers. They give them more attention than anyone else. There are also 700+ mons, while Smash characters can all at least shine a little bit at under 60. That's why Pokémon are tiered off competitively, while Smash characters aren't.
>>
You can just pass defense boosts to Eevee
>>
>>28698118
People want to ban Bayonetta though
>>
>>28700605
you actually believe this
>>
>>28696690
Very strategy-specific for just one mon to set up, would be better just to do simple dual screens after eliminating obvious prankster Encore/Taunt users.
>>
>>28700625
It was a meme-turned-true in Spain and other countries before version 1.1.16

And yet Bayo remains A-ranked even after those nerfs
>>
>>28700605
People were salty about her BRIEF stay in the top tier, but nobody actually did ban her, nor would they have. She still wasn't close to being Brawl Meta Knight level.
>>
>>28700605
Not anymore. Not since the nerfs. Which accomplished the same thing, I guess, for the people complaining. No real combos. As ""broken"" as it could be for Bayo to 0 to death someone, it was interesting to see players actually try to complete their combos through another players DI and mixups. Now we're back to literally the same thing - "combo" someone to 50, and then trade tilts and smashes until someone dies, and then 10% of the time maybe somebody gimps a character like Cloud or Little Mac.

>>28699870
I really agree with this, actually. As much as it can be annoying to have some bans you don't really agree with, some mons made useless by bumping them up or to BL(2,3,4), a 'shitmon' can be an absolute monster in the right tier. Alomomola was kind of like that. Bumped up, she's legitimately another useless bulky water type. But before that she was a genuine threat, great on almost any team. While most people stick to OU, with most of the rest in Ubers and UU, there are a lot of great games to be had in RU, even PU. Smogon HAS put in some effort to be creative - battle factory, another mode which gives you lesser used pokemon and they have the ability to actually HAVE utility in the game given that your opponent hasn't actually "built" his team to be top threats only taken down by/countered by/etc, other top threats.
>>
I can't believe half of this thread turned into an ssb4 thread about cancer mains jacking off to feet -- Stay classy /vp/.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.