[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unova Survey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 250px-Unova_2.png (106KB, 250x164px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Unova_2.png
106KB, 250x164px
>What year did you start and finish BW?

>What year did you start and finish BW2?

>Which one did you finish first?

>What was the last mainline game you finished before playing one of the two games?

>Which mainline region have you not fully experience prior to playing BW and BW2, if any? (Not counting games that came out after them)

>What is your favorite mainline title?

>What do you think about BW?

>What do you think about BW2?
>>
File: gabba y yo.png (244KB, 810x463px) Image search: [Google]
gabba y yo.png
244KB, 810x463px
>>28690086
Haven't played them yet :( I was still a lot into HGSS at the time.
2012, on release, I hyped a lot when I heard about the PWT, and Red being in it (overrated? yes...but till cool as fuck at the time)
Black 2
>What was the last mainline game you finished before playing one of the two games?
Heart Gold
>Which mainline region have you not fully experience prior to playing BW and BW2, if any? (Not counting games that came out after them)
I skipped Hoenn entirely
Objectively B2, but Gold version rivals it for nostalgia reasons.
Great reboot, if you are willing to be open minded about designs.
Best game of the franchise yet. sadly it doesn't have wifi connectivity anymore, but maybe Sun/moon will finally rival it's place as the toppest of tiers in pokemon games (looks very promising so far!)
>>
File: 1474335593380.png (412KB, 990x698px) Image search: [Google]
1474335593380.png
412KB, 990x698px
>>28690086
>>What year did you start and finish BW?
2011 or 2012, I'm unsure. I just remember there was a bit of a gap between the release and me actually buying Black since I was burned out of the series.
>>What year did you start and finish BW2?
2012, not long after release.
>>Which one did you finish first?
Black
>>What was the last mainline game you finished before playing one of the two games?
SoulSilver
>>Which mainline region have you not fully experience prior to playing BW and BW2, if any? (Not counting games that came out after them)
I've beaten them all, but I've only played through Diamond once. I lost my cart not long after and haven't gotten around to buying a new one, so Sinnoh I guess.
>>What is your favorite mainline title?
B2W2
>>What do you think about BW?
it's good, maybe third or fourth best in the series
>>What do you think about BW2?
best game in the series
>>
>>28690086
>start BW

>finish BW

>start B2W2

>finish B2W2
I stopped playing at like the third gym or something.

HeartGold before White, X/AS before White 2

>Which mainline region have you not fully experience prior to playing BW and BW2, if any?
Hoenn.

I can't pick a favourite.

I didn't like it much at first, but now I think it's good. B2W2 looks way better though from what I've seen so far. The only problem are the in-battle sprites, but it doesn't matter much.
>>
>>28690323
>sadly it doesn't have wifi connectivity anymore
use custom servers
>>
>>28690086
Never touched
never touched
neither
Emerald
Anything past Emerald
Emerald
Its shit
Even worse.
>>
>>28690835
Holy shit I literally only found about this being a possibility like a month ago, and forgot to look up on the topic (sorry, I don't know much about these stuff). How much stuff can you still do in those? I suppose things like dreams abilities and others are still a no-no.
>>
>>28691416
Most stuff works, but I don't think the Dream World does. Well, actually, I remember there's a Windows program that you can use in its place, but I don't know if it has been adapted to custom servers. That and, well, since it lacks the minigames and stuff it's pretty much like cheating, but if it works it could be expanded.
>>
>>28690086
here's what I can tell you without your autistic survery:

I've played literally every game more than 5 times and consider B/W 2 to be above and beyond the best, with generation 5 being the best generation.
>>
>>28690086
Started on release, couldnt finish it
Started on release, couldnt finish it
Dropped both before the end
Platinum
HGSS
Pure garbage
Even worse garbage

Gen 5 was fucking awful
XY brought me back in the serie, but I almost dropped pokemon because of Gen 5
>>
>>28690086
2015 (DesMuMe)

2013 (NDS Cartridge)

White 2 (2013)

Sapphire (GBA Cartridge)

Kalos (if it counts)

White 2

It was a decent game, but BW2 added special features only unlocked by connect to BW (N's Pokémon, Cheren and Bianca BW team, the name of the "trainer that saved Unova 2 years ago", Hilbert and Hilda animated sprites (only used if you battle against somebody having BW).

It was the best game I have played so far. It has a lot of content in Join Avenue, each route has an additional instrument that is played while you walk, Gyms have their own music, the camera didn't stay static forever, Unova Challenge is truly hard by negating the use of items (due to an oversight you can give an item to any Pokemon, like berries), Pokédex Habitat makes you more interested on completing the Pokédex, PWT have downloaded battles from VGC 2012, and also Mix Battles (NPC takes one of your Pokemon before start the battle, you can also take one of NPC Pokemon), and Online Battles (this one died and Legendaries were rare)
>>
>>28690086
BW.
HGSS.
I played all.
BW2.
The plot was quite good, installements such as reusable TM's and Repels were great.
One of the best and most enjoyable games introduced in the franchise, despite I don't like Generation V games in overall due to in-game design.
>>
>>28690086
>2011
>2016
>White version
>what
>Platinum
>I hate it, they shove Team Plasma's two-faced nature down your throat in the first 2 hours of the game and it's generally very clumsily written. It also has the smallest effective regional Pokedex of any mainline game.
>I like it better but Ghetsis never feels like a threat even though he's supposed to be the mastermind. I like that you get the Lucky Egg early on because it makes training a team of 6 very possible without grinding
>>
2010-2011

BW

HGSS

Sinnoh (Not really interested)

HGSS and GSC for nostalgic reasons.

Good.

Upgrade of BW, much better.
>>
White
Platinum or soulsilver, it was a while ago
None
Platinum
Fantastic games, i like the idea of a region independent of of previous pokemon
Good introduction of previous pokemon into another region.
Only games to have difficult settings but gamefreak made it pants on head retarded to unlock
>>
2011, bought Black on it's US release
2012, bought Black 2 on it's US release
Black
SoulSilver
None, been playing em all since the beginning
Black and White
Enjoyed them at first but over time they've become my absolute favorites of the entire series
Great games, postgame content is fantastic and seeing Unova grow 2 years later is really cool. It doesn't have that same charm that BW do though
>>
File: 1474333210353.jpg (260KB, 750x765px) Image search: [Google]
1474333210353.jpg
260KB, 750x765px
>>28690086
2011, a month after Black was released.
>2013, Finally bought Black 2 and finished it the same year.
Black
Platinum
The Johto remakes, however played Crystal.
Emerald
They were interesting to say at the least, the designs.. not so much.
Pretty damn good games, definitely a lot better upgrade than BW.
>>
>>28690086
B2
>>What was the last mainline game you finished before playing one of the two games?
Neither
>>Which mainline region have you not fully experience prior to playing BW and BW2, if any? (Not counting games that came out after them)
Kanto
B or B2
>>What do you think about Gen 5?
I personally feel out of all generations that gen5 at least feels the best.
>>
>>28690086
>2011 near launch and either late 2011 or early 2012, i don't recall exactly

>Christmas 2012 and spring 2013

>BW1

>HGSS

>I'd beaten every game since RS, but i didn't play through Kanto in HGSS

>Platinum

>I remember it pretty fondly, although i never played it's postgame because i was kinda out of pokemon at the time it came out.

>same story as BW1 more or less. I'm considering replaying both games before sun and moon come out.
>>
>>28690086
the year it came out
the year it came out
Black...
Soul Silver...
None...
BW2
Exceptional
The best in the series so far
>>
I played BW the year it came out, I don't really remember it, though.

After finishing it I stopped playing pokemon for some time, so I skipped B2W2, and went straight to XY when I got back into the franchise last year.

I fucking hated Kalos with every fiber of my being, it was depressingly boring.

Should I try out B2W2?
I also never bothered with HGSS, are these worth playing?

I didn't really like ORAS either, so at that point I'm just looking for something to pass the time waiting for SM.
>>

BW

Siver

Hoenn, Sinnoh

White

Excellent games, really brought me back into what Pokemon is all about, which to me is discovering new Pokemon on your journey to the E4. Locking out all familiar Pokemon is what made the game top-tier to me.

Objectively better than BW, but without the Pokemon lockout the adventure was a little less interesting.
>>
>>28690086
>2016
Just nuzlocked it, what a ride
>2013
>White 2
>White 2
>Fun Adventure interesting characters of a different world. Excellent climax
>Open world full of places to find and things to do and people to fight. Feels never ending 100+ hours later
>>
>>28693843
Forgot to add

I finished X before buying White 2

X got me back I got the series, but they aren't good games now that I think about it

I hadn't touched Sinnoh yet, but that was on my to do list after Unova
>>

finished BW first

i replayed crystal before i played b/w

ive played every game so far in the main series

favorite main is Black

B/W was a great step forward in the formula. around platinum i was really getting sick of the standard formula. i like how there was more focus on the world building and characters, it made the world actually feel somewhat alive. i also like the switch from a more open world to a more linear world with more expanded side areas for exploration. its why i thought x/y were so garbage, it just felt like a watered down johto/kanto

B/W2 felt like a compromise between the standard and B/W, i liked it alot but not as much as the first ones, but man the hard mode was great
>>
>>28690086
I feel bad about how I treated 5th gen
>started 2010 finished 2012

>started 2012 finished 2013

>Black

>Heartgold

>none

>draw between Platinum and Heartgold

>loved it the first 2 times I started it but once I got to nimbasa city it fell short for me

>I literally have no memories of this game. I only beat it because XY was on the way
>>
>>28690086
Black obviously
HG
If only the third version counts as a "full experience", then my only contact with Sinohh was trough Diamond.
Black
Previous question answers it.
Peak of the mainline so far.
>>
File: 1474424367741.png (1MB, 1280x589px) Image search: [Google]
1474424367741.png
1MB, 1280x589px
>2010
>2012
>played Black first in Japanese but White afterwards in English, BW2 only played White 2 in English
>fuck if I know it's been six years I don't keep track of replays that well especially since I replay Pokemon so much
>none
>BW2
>BW1 is a mediocre game with a boring slog of a main adventure, the only neat thing is how old areas open up more in postgame, honestly the one Pokemon game I enjoy playing the least
>BW2 is pretty much the best game so far, with a huge region with tons of memorable locations, an excellent wild Pokemon selection, and tons of content, little details, and nooks and crannies
>>
>>28694519
>>BW1 is a mediocre game with a boring slog of a main adventure

this is factually wrong
>>
File: 1365924018431.png (405KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1365924018431.png
405KB, 1000x1200px
>>28690086

BLACK 2011-2013
WHITE 2011-2013

BLACK 2 2012-2013
WHITE 2 2012-2012

White

Sapphire

Diamond Pearl Platinum

I don't have a favourite.
Content goes to - GSC, HGSS
Enjoyment goes to - Gen 6
Story goes to - Gen 5
and I will always go back to Gen 1

>>What do you think about BW?
The experience curve was not to my liking. While it made the game harder (because that is what the games need), it didn't make it enjoyable. The lack of Pokemon diversity available on each route. Hilda/Toko is best ever.

>>What do you think about BW2?
Best of the generation. Made good with a wealth of Pokemon to capture.

I like to add though Black/White 2 has the only thing I really dislike with a passion. Hugh/Hyu
>>
>>28690086
2010, 2011
2012, 2013
bw it came out first
i don't remember, probably heartgold
i already played them all
hgss/b2w2
story is overrated tryhard stuff but the mons made it worth it kinda
other than the midgame being dull and poor writing it's really solid
>>
>Both on release for first 3 questions.
>Heart gold
>None, played all to death
>Heart gold
>Alright
>Pretty good.
>>
Black
Soul Silver
None
I'm torn between Black or Black 2. I'm currently replaying them to see whch one I like the most.
Great.
Great.
>>
>>28690086
the year it came out
the year it came out
B, W2, B2
SS, B, W2, X, B2
none
crystal
it's fun
it's fun
>>
>>28690086
2011 i actually beat in 3 fucking days i shit you not
i don't remember, but i'm pretty sure it was when it came out
White
Soul silver before i lost it
none really
Soul silver and Y (can't really decide which one i liked more)
I liked it, Even though it had a really bad story
I did not like it, and it had a really bad story too
>>
Started in Dec 2010, must have finished in early 2011. Don't remember.

Started a couple times through 2013/2014, never finished.

Black

Probably SoulSilver, could have been replaying Plat

None. I played them all as they released. Black really slowed me down from the franchise. I took a break between B and B2. Skiped XY as well. ORAS got me back in to the series. Went back to play X and stopped playing through that too. It was boring.

Silver was my first. Alpha Sapphire is fun, nostalgic, modern.

They're pretty alright. Cool. I like a few of the Pokemon but the vibe was different from the rest of the series. I spit on the 16-20 yos who like to imagine the protags are their age lol

Neat. I owe it a replay. Not as bad as XY
>>
>>28690086
B/W.
HG/SS.
None.
I don't have a clear favourite, it's a toss up between HeartGold, Platinum, Emerald and Black 2.
Lowest point of this franchise thanks to having the worst Pokémon designs, soundtrack and story yet.
Saved its generation simply by the virtue of having some of the best postgame content in the series.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.