[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys play on shift or set? I have always played shift,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: charizard.jpg (35KB, 540x418px) Image search: [Google]
charizard.jpg
35KB, 540x418px
Do you guys play on shift or set?

I have always played shift, but set seems like it would be a better challenge.
>>
>>28686910
Always played on set
>>
>>28686910
Never played on set, might consider it to give myself more of a challenge.
>>
I only play on set during the E4, maybe on some boss battles/gyms.

More of a hassle than a challenge for the regular trainers.
>>
set is certainly more challenging but favors pokemon who can switch in and take a hit. shift allows you to use shitty pokemon and counter pick to win.

i do set but shift has some team selection advantages in spite of being easy mode.
>>
>>28686910
set is the only way to play
>>
Always played on shift before, decided to switch up to set now to see what it is like. replaying B2 with that on

Kind of annoying but then again, strategy and all.
>>
>>28686910
I only ever change text speed to fast and then never go back into the options.
>>
File: 1473034632343.jpg (29KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
1473034632343.jpg
29KB, 499x498px
>>28686910
set
because my opponents are always on set
feel like cheating with shift
>>
>>28687031
Actually set favors setup sweepers. If you think shift is easy mode watch what happens when you slap Swords Dance on something fast.
>>
>>28687100
?? shift doesn't force you to switch
>>
>>28686910
Shift so I can get more exp for my newly hatched Pokémon. You get a free switch in after every KO. Otherwise you need to use dumb things like Forretress Volt Switch.
>>
>>28686910
I was on shift until I found out set existed. Never going back to casual mode.
>>
I've never played on Set. I imagine it's quite a bit more challenging than Shift. Maybe I'll do it for my next Nuzlocke.
>>
I switch to set, unless I'm training something very low leveled without exp share

With gen 6 exp share I turned it on only when I wanted to horde ev train/battle chateau exp training with lucky egg.
>>
Shift is super casual mode.I hope no one here who plays on shift complains about difficulty.
>>
>>28686910
Set so i can squeeze out every bit of challenge the games still have
>>
playing b/w2 right now on set for the first time in 15 plus years of playing

it's not any harder unless you consider having to use more potions outside of battle a difficulty boost.
>>
I always play on Set. I imagine the game is ridiculously easy playing on Shift. Also can't believe people Nuzlocke while playing on Shift, Nuzlocking is supposed to increase the challenge of the game and yet they're purposely making the game easier by keeping it on Shift.
>>
>>28688010
>he stocks up on potions
It's like you want to be handheld.
>>
>>28687353
Set Ford s you to cope with it. That means either safe switches, bulky Pokemon switches, or setting up with one guy.

Shift allows the same, but because you have the option to safely bring in anything, it allows you to fully load a team with glass cannons or sleep setters or other things that otherwise wouldn't work.
>>
Shift the first time playing through a game, Set every other playthrough.
>>
>>28686910
I played on shift for most of my life but I changed to set semi-recently for two reasons.
1) I wanted a bit more challenge
2) Playing on shift feels like cheating because my opponents can't do that
Honestly, the added challenge is barely noticeable because it only really affects the champion battles. Everything else is pretty much the same whether you're playing on shift or set. However, I can never go back to shift because it's so tedious to always go through that "Do you want to change your Pokemon?" shit. Much more faster and comfortable playing on set. I definitely recommend trying set to anyone who has always played on shift.
>>
File: fkmndicf67gx.png (519KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
fkmndicf67gx.png
519KB, 1800x1800px
>>28687059
This plus changing the text border design if they ever put that shit back in.

pls
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.