[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so horribly wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 16

File: scgh9e.jpg (100KB, 700x320px) Image search: [Google]
scgh9e.jpg
100KB, 700x320px
What went so horribly wrong?
>>
>>28683993
>Masuda
>>
>>28683993
genwunners

The games are bigger and better than ever before
>>
>>28683993
I liked them so much I bought both Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby.
>>
>>28683993
Objectively the only major issues:
>ORAS
No battle frontier
>XY
Plot holes and no postgame
>>
>>28684042
You forgot
>both XY and ORAS too easy

Increase pokemon levels of trainers, gyms etc. across the board pls
>>
>>28683993
This is a legit question but the OP image makes me know this is just posted to start a big argument

Johtofags vs Hoennfags and Unovafags vs Kalosfags
>>
>>28683993
The same thing that made Ruby and Sapphire disappointing:visual improvement was prioritized over actual content.
>>
>>28684014
Yeah we are the problem to everything, anon. How about they make better games?
>>
>>28684014
>Kalos
>big
>>
File: lwoaklIgMz1r0q6x8o1_500.jpg (17KB, 421x399px) Image search: [Google]
lwoaklIgMz1r0q6x8o1_500.jpg
17KB, 421x399px
>>28683993
Oh boy, where do I begin?
>Endless amount of Kanto and Lucario shilling to appeal to the normie audience
>No post-game unless you're a competitivefag
>Lack of an interesting story, which the gen before it did significantly better
>Team Flare
>Easy-as-shit difficulty, even without the exp share turned on
>Only 70 new mons
>Ruined Hoenn with Mega Evolution and XY shilling
>ORAS failing as remakes since Emerald is still the better game, even HGSS had almost every feature from Crystal and a battle frontier.
>Zygarde never getting its own game, honestly, Pokemon Z could've saved this gen if GF didn't rush to move on to Gen 7
>>
>>28684091
How about you go back to your shitty old games and stop trying to ruin good games with your biased and obsolete opinions.

Gen 6 improved everything in the series for the new generation and paved the way to SuMo which is going to be the best generation since Gen6
>>
>>28684118
I like to believe they knew it wasn't salvageable and they jumped ship from gen 6
>>
>>28684042
So then they both have the same issue because Battle Frontier is post game.
>>
>>28684146
I really want to reply to this but I know its a bait thread
>>
>>28683993
Nothing
>>
Lack of content, lag, and uninspired design. The games just felt bare in general.

X/Y came to us after a 5 year 'golden age' where nothing but unqualifiably amazing mainline games were being released. It wasn't shaky like Advanced gen and the early DS games where there were peaks and valleys and lots of things to complain about. Every single game offered some gradual improvement, Unova introduced the most pokemon of any generation.

The 3d leap had to happen eventually and I'm sure that took a ton of time from their actually quite small development team to pull off even if some of the models were sniped from PBR. But ORAS fell kind of flat too and they couldn't use that excuse there. Also the framerate issues were extremely annoying because there are games which look much better than XYORAS on the console that also run better.

Overall gen 6 felt most like early gen 3/4. RS and DP introduced extremely important core features and mechanics but the devotion to that kind of development path left many of the comfort features by the wayside. I get the sense that they were intent on mercy killing gen 6 before releasing its saving grace games, preferring to move those features into the next gen.
>>
>>28684147
I'm kinda glad that we skipped right to Gen 7. It still has a lot of Gen 1 pandering, but it already looks so much better than Gen 6. I'd rather have S/M tie up Zygarde's plot instead of Z coming out and being mildly better than XY
>>
If you guys didnt enjoy gen 6 you wont enjoy gen 7....
>>
>>28684242
>Source:my ass
>>
>>28684089

Pretty much this. The games were a big leap forward in visuals and technology. The GTS/Wonder Trade/Bank/etc. are vast improvements over the previous systems and are for once properly forwards compatible with the next generation. Unfortunately this was achieved with the price of lackluster and incredibly content for the games.
>>
>>28684207
>even if some of the models were sniped from PBR

Which are those?
>>
>>28683993
People still complain about bad content in gen 6 when gen 7 so far has the same content just tweaked or very similar (z-moves instead megas)
>>
>>28684158

Difference is no one expected anything more then a BT clone from a gen starting game where as half the demand for a Hoenn remake came from people wanting the Emerald Frontier with modern mechanics.
>>
>>28684049
Without the exp share it's OK honestly. The problem is the stupid AI
>>
>>28684262
IIRC a lot of the gen 4 shitmons but also some other random shit.
>>
>>28683993
Your taste.
>>
>>28684207
>Also the framerate issues were extremely annoying because there are games which look much better than XYORAS on the console that also run better.

Good to see that some other anons have some sense. What is more embarrasing is that a lot of the framedrops occur when the screen is split and is showcasing both pokémon from the front. If they simply removed that, a lot of the drops would disappear. Of course, that is referring to non-3D, having 3D on is an embarrasment, and multi-battles are certainly not good-looking in any meaning of the word.

Looking at gen VII footage, I'm very skeptical to whether or not they have fixed this issue. The photo mode looked terrible in that regard, and the double battle footage with instruct in the last trailer also showcased severe drops.

But what I think is even more annoying is that people will willingly defend that they made so high-poly models by saying they future-proofed them. That much is obvious, but it's not an excuse for a franchise like pokémon. Make models that fit to the hardware and then make some new ones for new hardware.
>>
>>28683993
Junichi "Haha Idk" Masuda
Genwun pandering
Being rushed by Nintendo to make more 3DS sales
GF programming incompetency
Even numbered gens are always mediocre at best

Ohmori directing an ODD numbered gen is sure sign of it being 10x better than the sloppily rushed dogshits that were XYORAS. I mean for fucks sake we removed gyms, HMs and now have interdimensional aliens.
>>
>>28685721
I noticed both of those. As well as the lag when Moongeist Beam is used
>>
>>28684392
I came here to post this.
Keep doing god's work anon.
>>
>>28684118
>>Endless amount of Kanto and Lucario shilling to appeal to the normie audience
You better stop playing pokemon games then.
EVERY game they make will feature this. I'll eat my balls if Lucario doesn't have an exclusive Z-move.
>>
Best part of XY was being able play a Pokemon game on release, since I never owned a Nintendo handheld up until the 3DS. This came with the most important thing, that meant parallel shitposting with /vp/ and friends.
>>
>>28683993
No Z
>>
>>28684089
Except that RS had as much content as Crystal before it because Hoenn was a bigger, denser region than tiny Johto and empty Kanto.
>>
>>28683993
Easy, they were getting used to 3D and they likely already working on Sun and Moon.

Gen 6 was basically a speed bump.
>>
>>28686344
>Except that RS had as much content as Crystal
nope.pdf

You're mixing it up with Emerald. Ruby and Sapphire were pathetic, game was over in a heartbeat and almost no post game.
>>
YOU
>>
>>28683993
Cant wait till December when Sun and Moon edition of these threads will appear
>>
...and /vp/
>>
>>28686394
Gen II Johto + Kanto is as long a journey as RS Hoenn. Call it padding if you wish but it's true.
As for post game both RS and Crystal featured a Battle Tower and that was it.
>>
File: 1474337769229.png (81KB, 784x404px) Image search: [Google]
1474337769229.png
81KB, 784x404px
>>28684342
Also, every character has horrible or incomplete movesets for their Pokemon.
>>
>>28683993

This meme is pushed so hard, I don't think anyone actually believes this.
All the "issues" people say are often worse in other games or non-issues at all
>>
>>28686216
Maybe I should then if they are only going to tell us how good older Pokemon were

Hell I only like FF7 that much
>>
>>28684049
The meme returns.

Game was never difficult, doesn't need to be difficult. If you need it to be difficult then battle online against opponents that actually think and strategize.
>>
>>28686554
>waah i hate the old games

You have no place here, get out
>>
>>28686452
No, Gen 2 Johto and Kanto is 20 towns, while RS is about 15
>>
Why are people around /vp/ always acting like ORAS is an Emerald remake with no Emerald content?

It is a RS remake with some Emerald content and a lot of new content.
>>
>>28683993
Nothing. It has more pokemon on the game cartridge than the previous ones. With global battling and trade.
>>
>>28686413
Stop forcing the Zelda Cycle on Pokemon
>>
>>28686616
>a lot of new content
not even you, the biggest gen6 shill alive, actually believe this

gimme a list of all this LOT OF NEW EXTRA CONTENT please

i guarantee you i can give you a bigger list of cut stuff back
>>
>>28686608

I love R/B and G/S, but R/S, D/P and B/W were all a hundred times worse than X/Y and I seriously how anyone can say these are good compared to X/Y. X/Y is missing a third version that polishes the raw game, but we're gettinv the Zygarde story and Kalos postgame in S/M instead so that's even better
>>
worst batch ever. glad it's almost over.
>>
>>28683993
you
>>
>>28686616
Because MUH HGSS HAD SUICUNE SIDEQUEST LIKE CRYSTAL AND BATTLE FRONTIER WHERE THE TOWER IN CRYSTAL WAS happened.
>>
>>28686554
Bingo. You nailed it completely.
>>
>>28686616
It has literally zero Emerald content. Unless you mean all the references to the BF

>>28686652
Nobody says DP is good and many people hate RS too

But XY has a worse region than all of those games
>>
>>28686634
You SERIOUSLY believe people wont bitch about Sun and Moon? Why?

Nothing implies the games will be harder than XY
Nothing implies the games will be longer than XY
Nothing implies the post game will be larger than XY

Of course it might be better but so far its all just a posibility
>>
>>28686693
Not really, the sea routes were tedious as fuck.
>>
>>28686554
See >>28686523

Literally worse than Gen 1
>>
>>28686693
>But XY has a worse region than all of those games
Opinions dear anon
>>
>>28686693

I loved the Kalos region though. Hated Sinnoh and Hoenn on the other hand. They were just incredibly annoying to traverse. Kalos was incredibly comfy and all location, especially Lumiose City put a huge grin on my face
>>
>>28686740
>especially Lumiose City put a huge grin on my face
you're not real
everyone hates fucking Lumiose city
>>
>>28686703
Yes for 2 reasons, Z moves aren't as broken as megas (which can sweep) and gen 5 exp system for stopping over leveling
>>
>>28686730
Are you shitting me? Check Blue's or Giovanni movestes
>>
>>28686759
Yeah. They literally have more moves than this fat fuck 18 years later on like 100x bugger staff/memory card/capital
>>
>>28686671
The battle frontier was imported from Platinum, just like ORAS has the Maison from XY.
>>
>>28683993
A postgame that revolved entirely around playing online.
>>
Difficulty fags bitching: The thread
>>
File: Capture.jpg (38KB, 555x238px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
38KB, 555x238px
>>28686759
>Check Blue's or Giovanni movestes

some crap stuff for that late in the game but still a dangerous moveset, specially rhydon

way more dangerous than a pokemon spamming petal dance and getting confused regardless of the opponent
>>
>>28686739
>opinions
Well then that's the answer to >>28686554.

Its obviously all opinions

>>28686721
Oh they are. Gen 6 got stuck with the least good set of regions for me. Counting from 3 to 6.

>>28686740
I find Kalos annoying to traverse as well. Pretty much Sinnoh tier
>>
>>28686755
>Z moves aren't as broken as megas
How do you know that

You couldnt be overleveled in gen 6 unless you grinded or used Exp share. I played XY several times and each time i was around late 50s in the league while the elite 4 were mid to late 60
>>
File: archeops ruined.png (50KB, 978x794px) Image search: [Google]
archeops ruined.png
50KB, 978x794px
>>28685721
Another thing that annoyed me about the 3D direction they took was the insistence on using black outlines which make some of their models look very messy and lower quality than they should be given the high polycount that many of the models have. Some pokemon would need design tweaks to ditch the black outlines but it would have been worth it.

Also some pokemon just got... extremely unflattering 3d models. I think that gen 5 got hit the hardest in general.
>>
I'm just happy they seem to be brining back gen v exp scaling.
>>
>>28686782
Yeah, but they already improved the tower and postgame earlier that Gen.

Gen 6 is the only games with one battle facility since the original tower in crystal.
>>
>>28686782
One left the game with more though
>>
>>28686791
Tierno is a random battle, Giovanni is the leader and evil boss yet hs more pathethic than Tierno
>>
>>28686801
yes, but even if there is the exp share, this will give a check to it.

Also even if Z moves are OHKO's, they're only usable once per battle, megas can sweep everything
>>
>>28686813
>but they already improved the tower and postgame earlier that Gen.
If by improving you mean made worse over the previous generation.
>>
>>28686828
No he isn't. Make realistic arguments
>>
>>28686828
>Teirno
>random battle

He's your fucking rival. You fight him just as much as giovanni
>>
>>28686820
The maison is better than the tower though. It has multiple battle modes and it's quite enjoyable, I had a lot of fun (and rage) getting to the 50th battles and getting the 5 statues.
>>
>>28686828
>Giovanni is the leader and evil boss yet hs more pathethic than Tierno

you have eyes, compare it yourself

>>28686791
>>28686523
>>
>>28686820
That depends on how you define more.
>>
>>28686837
>yes, but even if there is the exp share, this will give a check to it.

Doubt it
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-21-18-44-17.png (227KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-21-18-44-17.png
227KB, 720x1280px
>>28686730

Not even sure if being sarcastic. You're not proving shit by posting Tierno's team, when Serena/Kalem is your rival and has a much more competent Team than your rivals in all the other games

I mean THIS is the final team of Brendan/May

And you come at me with fucking Tierno? What's next? Posting Joe's Rattata to prove Gen 2 was shit?
>>
>>28686839
I mean DP->Plat

Also don't fucking derail my argument for Gen 6 having the least amount of innovations

yes something in gen 3 is better than the new games (and their remakes)
>>
>>28686860
Tierno ISNT a rival, you never played the game did you? Serena/Calem is rival, rest are just friends who tag along
>>
>>28686874
>4 moves

Can't be that bad
>>
>>28686874
brendan and may give up battling in the middle of the game to become researchers

it makes sense for they teams to be crap
>>
>>28686843
Final gym leaders has team full of Growls, Tail Whips and Poison Stings

Yes he is pathethic
>>
>>28686863

>Tierno's Crawdaunt would literally sweep Giovanni's Team
>>
>>28683993
Gen 6 was a beta test for sun and moon prove me wrong
>>
>>28686864
Battle Tower replaced with Frontier is more.

Battle Tower replaced with Maison is not. Unless you count "more because it didn't exist yet" Triple and Rotation Battles
>>
>>28686890
Oh what like Brendan/May and Bianca aren't?

Also bulbapedia

>Tierno (Japanese: ティエルノ Tierno) is a friend and rival of the player in Pokémon X and Y.
>>
File: Gen VI killed the series.png (1010KB, 2858x1363px) Image search: [Google]
Gen VI killed the series.png
1010KB, 2858x1363px
>>28683993
>What went so horribly wrong?
Nothing if you ask anyone outside of /vp/'s contrarian hivemind
>>
>>28686906

And Tierno is just a fat kid who wants to be a dancer
>>
>>28686863
Not him but Giovanni is worse.
After all Tierno actually has some decent STAB moves while three don't utilize them at all with Giovanni. Not to mention two of those are just using Poison Sting of all things.

You can really see it the most in that Dugtrio though. I mean, Growl, Sand Attack, Dig and Slash is utterly pathetic for anyone that has ever played an RPG let alone Pokemon.
>>
>>28686870
>I don't think so
isn't an argument
>>
>>28686938

And Brendan and May weren't shitters? >>28686874
>>
>>2868692
A beta sold 15 million+ copies then? Not bad eh?

RBY was a beta for GSC right?
>>
>>28684118
>No post-game unless you're a competitivefag
Since you're plainly ignoring Delta Episode and the Looker quest (because, really, the Battle Frontier is the epitome of single-player competitivefaggotry), I'm going to assume you mean a whole region like in GSC. That will sadly never happen again.
>>
>>28686939
>people buy it so it's good

Next thing you're going to tell me is Pokemon Go is a good and balanced game
>>
>>28686952
If the exp share works the same you will be overleveled anyway.
>>
You guys make this thread like every day.
>>
>>28686963

>That will sadly never happen again.

Just wait for Kalos postgame in S/M
>>
>>28686973
>>people buy it so it's good

No, people buy it and PRAISE IT so its good
>>
>>28686934
I'm talking about how long it takes to complete. In that regard the BF has less than the maison.

You could say "but replayability and variety" but that's all subjective after all many would say the gimmicks in the Gen 4 frontier for the castle and arcade were cluttered and messy preventing replayability.
>>
>>28686934
>Unless you count "more because it didn't exist yet" Triple and Rotation Battles
Well that is an objective improvement.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love a remake of the Emerald frontier in ORAS, but I get that ORAS is an RS remake, not an Emerald remake, so it makes more sense for gamefreak to use the existing facility from XY than to make another one.

You can call that laziness of course, but the real issue this generation has is them letting Kalos go without a third version or sequel. If Z or X2Y2 existed ORAS would probably get an improved facility just like HGSS got. This way Kalos would also get fixed.
>>
>>28686957
>4 Pokemon
>4 moves
>prior 6th gym

Better than that fat fuck

>>28686980
That's the whole fucking point of the exp system, you gain less exp for being higher leveled you twat
>>
>>28686988
yet lastgenners never take the hint

Gen VI is crap and /vp/ on its majority don't like it. if you want to lick its balls and praise it as the saviour of pokemon go to the fucking nintendo forums or something, they will make sure only positive comments will be heard in their hugbox
>>
>>28686641
- Expanded Mauville City
- Sea Mauvill
- Mauville Food Court
- BuzzNav
- Area Nav
- DexNav
- New Maga Evolutions, P.R., Pikachu Formes
- Soaring
- sharpedo turbo surfing
- flying directly to a route
- Delta Episode
- a plot for Contest Spectaculars
- Mirage Spots
- create your own gym feature integrated into Secret Bases

And so on...
>>
>>28687001
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>28686980

It actually doesn't overlevel you. Traded Pokemon and Amie overlevel you.
And let's be honest. Wondertrade was such an amazing thing we all used traded Mons.
Even with EXP share my Greninja was only in its 50s when facing the Elite 4. Didnt stand a chance. My traded mons took it away
>>
>>28686939

Let me just look for the ratings for Big Bang Theory a sec

People liked it at first but it had zero longevity.

It appealed a lot to fans who haven't played since Gen 3, and people wowed the games were 3D

I can guarantee most of the people who hate it here loved it at first.

Also I see hate for it everywhere, not just /vp/.
>>
>>28687018
>counting surfing slightly faster and UI 'improvements' as NEW FEATURES PLS BUY ORAS PLS

oh wow
you are really this desperate arent you?
>>
>>28687018
Don't bother, he's one of those retards that think that post game content is the only kind of content a game should have and that anything that can be accessed during the game isn't real content.
>>
>>28687017
>Gen VI is crap and /vp/ on its majority don't like it. if you want to lick its balls and praise it as the saviour of pokemon go to the fucking nintendo forums or something, they will make sure only positive comments will be heard in their hugbox
It's ironic because what you're asking for in this comment is a "gen VI is bad" hugbox right here in /vp/.

You're a retard.
>>
>>28686996
Those meta critic score are wrong FYI it's 87 for BW (tied with X)

Plus are you really going to trust the place that rates Platinum lower than DP?
>>
>>28687009
>That's the whole fucking point of the exp system, you gain less exp for being higher leveled you twat

You dont get it do you? It doesnt matter if its gen 5 or 6 exp system system. If you will use exp share you will be overleveld no matter what so by going back to exp system from gen 5 wont change anything for Sun and Moon if the exp share is still from gen 6

Also learn to be nicer bitch
>>
>>28683993
>grame is aimed at most honroabre chird
>lets make it easy
>>
>>28687017

If you make this thread everyday and get shunned everyday for it, maybe you should "take the hint"
>>
>>28687051
>it's not a new feature because I don't like it
Another retard.
>>
>>28687040
>i'm awful at this game so exp share its okay

I reached elite 4 lvl 80. the only thing i did was never pass up a trainer

i had to actively run from wild pokemon and avoid trainers to get in the E4 around lvl 50-60

just because you're crap doesn't mean the systerm isn't broken. its easier for you to be lying, exp share pumps thousands and thousands of xp points out of thin air in every pokemon when its turned on. it's impossible to not overlevel
>>
>>28687034
Numbers anon. The only truth when it comes to arguments like this.

Everything else is down to opinion.
>>
>>28687070
>learn to be nicer

Did I heart your feelings?

Also, it does help it, your much worse off in BW for trying to overlevel
>>
File: gen 5 lmao.jpg (267KB, 1454x1006px) Image search: [Google]
gen 5 lmao.jpg
267KB, 1454x1006px
>>28683993

Absolutely nothing.
X&Y are factually much better than your beloved gen 5, and the rest of the internet agrees on this fact.
Every single poll on any major website regarding pokemon will have gen 5 constantly near the bottom or just straight up dead last.

Gen 6 is always near the top, and rightly so.
After the dark ages of gen 5 which made me outright drop the games for the first time ever, X&Y got me back into pokemon.
Oras dropped the ball again, but it still wasn't bad enough for me to not finish the game.

Now Sun and Moon looks excellent too. I'm glad they've completely done away with gen 5's dogshit ways. The games sold like shit, they got shit scores, they're widely regarded as the worst games in the series by everybody other than /vp/ autists.

Loving every laugh tbqhwy

Pic related, enjoy getting triggered yet again my contrarian faggot fuccboi's lmao
Not even this safespace of yours can hide you from the truth.
>>
>>28684367
Isn't the PBR polycount way lower than the XY models though?
>>
>>28687093
>singles
>doubles
>triples
>rotations
>multi

That's literally all it is
>>
>>28686973
To me it tells something if XY and ORAS outsold BW and BW2 even though DS sold 2.5 times more than the 3DS. You're also completely ignoring the overwhelmingly positive reviews the games got everywhere, both from fans and critics.

>>28687045
>Also I see hate for it everywhere, not just /vp/.
This is a lie and you know it. If there's one generation that gets shit outside of /vp/ for having a bad regional dex and a bunch of others issues, it's Gen V. Gen V will always be the most controversial generation of Pokemon and anyone denying this hasn't taken even one step outside of this board.
>>
>>28687096
>diamond is higher than platinum

These are the people who like X and Y :^)>>28687119
>>
>>28687017
You should probably get over the fact that people still like the games despite their flaws. All the gens have flaws to some people but they all still have their fans. No one is saying only good things are allowed to be said about Gen 6, but to act like no one enjoyed any aspect of the games just because others didn't is just wrong.
>>
>>28687001
No it doesn't. I mean firstly, neither of those are things to "complete" as they're endless. But the Frontier has more to do.

>>28687003
I mean I can't deny its more than the Tower had before. I just find it odd people compare the facility transplant in Gen 4 to Gen 6

>>28687078
>shunned every day
People agree with it though. I do know seeing this thread is tiresome though
>>
>>28686216
>>EVERY game they make will feature this
>What is Gen 5
>What is Gen 3
>>
>>28687114
Which is why I said this
>You could say "but replayability and variety" but that's all subjective after all many would say the gimmicks in the Gen 4 frontier for the castle and arcade were cluttered and messy preventing replayability.
It would help if you read someone's post before replying.
>>
>>28687088

Funny I did the same thing. My mons weren't that high level. Let me guess, you used traded mons early and used a lot of Amie, right?
>>
>>28687086
>anything slightly different from the originals in another fucking console and gen will be counted as a new feature

why should i even bother arguing with this stupid shit? you are seriously trying to use surfing slightly faster on a sharpeedo as a new feature that offsets removing way more important stuff like battle frontier. may god have mercy of your stupid soul because i don't
>>
>>28687067
>Those meta critic score are wrong FYI it's 87 for BW (tied with X)
They're correct and you're free to go and check anytime you want. The scores in the picture are for BW2, not BW.
>>
File: 1473899037926.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473899037926.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
>>28687096
>>
>>28687119
>sales means good

Man No man's sky is a great game right!
>>
>>28687051
I'm not sure which of those things counts purely as a UI improvement. Also its pretty notable that you skipped literally every other thing in the list. It's okay to admit that ORAS actually did add a decent amount of things, even if you didn't like them.
>>
People shit on gen 6 and at the same time they're salivating at the same features in gen 7

only on /vp/
>>
>>28687096

This this this.
So much this. No matter how much you meme on /vp/ the rest of the world disagrees.

Gen 5 was shit, all my IRL friends love X/Y and even those that played Gen 5 all say it sucks.
>>
>>28687153
They're wrong anon. Specifically Black and White and Emerald.
Those two have been swapped.

>http://www.metacritic.com/game/game-boy-advance/pokemon-emerald-version
>http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/pokemon-black-version
>>
File: 1470861914405.png (61KB, 1301x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1470861914405.png
61KB, 1301x1301px
>>28687096
>He is still using the photoshopped one
Not sure if you're retarded or just baiting
>>
>>28687146
Where was I supposed to know that? You didn't direct that at me

Also

Multi
Doubles
Singles

That one Pokemon match thing

Single rentals
Double rentals

Castle singles
Castle doubles

Arcade single
Doubles
>>
>>28687190
>People shit on gen 6 and at the same time they're salivating at the same features in gen 7

You have a very weird version of X and Y that says nothing about megas, has Z moves, has synchro, no gyms, UBs, alolan forms and the list goes on.
>>
>>28687142
>>What is Gen 5
The gen that lets you capture Riolu outside the starting town in BW2 and that gave Lucario Justified.
>>What is Gen 3
Lucario didn't exist so I'll give you that.
>>
>>28687160
>25% of 3DS owners own XY
>10% of DS owners own BW
>"Yeah, fans everywhere hate Gen VI. I wish we could go back to Gen V which is loved by the majority"
This is literally you. Also
>Still ignoring reviews
4/5 made me reply, although I won't do it again.
>>
>>28687096
Isn't this picture confirmed wrong?

>>28687119
No, it isn't. I'd go on YouTube and people are going on about how they lost interest, I'd go on a poll on a sight and everyone would complain about how Gen 6 games were sort of high, etc. I legitinately see Gen 6 hate everywhere now.

>>28687192
Well if your friends say it it must be true.
>>
>>28687065
Yes, I will never understand people who don't count content unlocked earlier.

Like... RS Battle Tower is post game content and BW Battle Subway isn't post game content cause it's available earlier xD
>>
>>28687160

>Ignoring half the post

XY also had critical acclaim AND sold more despite being on a console with a lower userbase. This really goes to show how much peoplw loved it. No Man's Sky was critically panned
>>
>>28687226
the bottom score is wrong, everything else seems to be right
>>
this is a bait thread right?

It's a Kalos trade mark to shit on HGSS's frontier/sales/meta critic/exp share and we hit 3/4
>>
>>28687150
Do you want me to read you what "new feature" means? Were you dropped on your head as in infant?
>>
>>28687238
>implying nintendrones ever pan anything

Just look how every retarded new zelda game keeps getting high scores. Nintendrones will always overrate whichever crap that comes to their vgs to console themselves of being the beating sack of the videogame market. Your argument means nothing.

>>28687261
>the graphics are 3D, each new route counts as a new feature for ORAS!!!!!1111
>>
>>28687197
Are you drunk or just replying to the wrong post? This >>28686939 picture says that Black 2 and White 2 both have a metascore of 80, which is the truth.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/pokemon-black-version-2
http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/pokemon-white-version-2
>>
>>28687238
But anon, BW are the only games to get 40/40 on famitsu

Ratings don't matter
>>
>>28687226

My friends are all hardcore Pokemon fans. We used to spend all day on the playground battling each other. Gen 4 is when they interest faded and Gen 5 is when they found it downright disgusting. Gen 6 brought everyone back, and I really just enjoy the fact that I'm battling all day wit my friends again and that everybody is giddy for Sun/Moon
>>
>>28687276
>it's not a new feature because I don't like it
Again
>>
>>28687210
>Where was I supposed to know that? You didn't direct that at me
It was in the same post. Like I said read before you reply.

>Single rentals
>Double rentals

>Castle singles
>Castle doubles

>Arcade single
>Doubles
These are still answered by that part of the post you know after all it's optional which mode you play them on and it doesn't change what you need to go through to complete it.

If you're using that logic they both have the same amount of content because they're infinite.
>>
>>28687225
I didn't say that sales means it bad, but it doesn't make it good
>>
>>28687276

Which goes to show how shit BW must've been if it got panned even by Nintendofans
>>
>>28687221
>The gen that lets you capture Riolu outside the starting town in BW2 and that gave Lucario Justified.
Riolu was a rare encounter, Lucario wasn't used by any important trainer in the game and justified is a shit ability that a bunch of other mons also got.
>>
>>28687304
But anon, theres's different amounts of infinity
>>
>>28687286
Yeah I meant to reply to the edited one.
>>
>>28683993
When you started fucking playing them
>>
>>28687276
No, the Zelda games are just good. Tri Force Heroes got the "eh it was OK" score it deserved

>>28687293
I mean, I can say that 90% of my friends, both online and in real life, have HGSS/BW2 as the peak and hate Gen 6. Which is true. They do think so.

It will be just as meaningless to you, but just as meaningful to me. I suppose I do use that as one of the reasons I don't think the Gen is well liked.
>>
>>28687321
>how shit BW must've been if it got panned even by Nintendofans
the only place i see it being panned is here

just like gen VI!!!!
>>
>>28687150
Battle frontier wasn't in RS. HGSS got battle frontier because it was in platinum and could easily be ported over. That is the reason ORAS has maision instead. A majority of old features are kept or improved from RS. The only notable downgrades I remember are the berry blender change, the new Mauville change, and arguably the game corner. Though the reason for that not being there is a more complicated one that affects all the games.
>>
>>28687335
>justified is a shit ability
Switch to any dark type attack and you get a boost. How is that bad? Especially compared to the fucking Inner Focus and Steadfast, lol
>>
>>28687286
>specifically BW and Emerald
>no here's how BW2 is bad

Kill yourself
>>
>>28687276
>>implying nintendrones ever pan anything

>Star Fox Zero
>#FE
>Pikmin 3DS
Just three that come to mind.
>>
File: 12425345346455.png (415KB, 647x480px) Image search: [Google]
12425345346455.png
415KB, 647x480px
>>28687398
>Gets blown the fuck out
>Mfw this attempt at saving face

Holy shit, my sides.
>>
>>28687415

>Metroid Federation Force
>>
>>28687415
>#FE
>panned

ahahaha what? are you drunk?
>>
>>28687415
People ended up liking the top two though

And will most likely like the third more
>>
>>28687427
>I don't have a comeback here's an anime face!
>>
>>28687226
Are you seriously, legitimately claiming that Gen V isn't the most controversial generation of Pokemon? You're seriously acting as if the Trubbish line, Vanillite line and Klink line aren't considered to be the poster boys of bad Pokemon designs practically everywhere in the Pokemon community? You're seriously acting as if the Gen V starters aren't the most disliked starters in the series? You're seriously acting like the genies aren't the most hated legendary Pokemon in the series? And don't act like it wasn't a member of the infamous elemental monkey trio that ended at the very bottom of the list when Japan voted for their favorite Pokemon. I could go on. I feel like you're just an average unovabortion who is knee-deep in denial and doesn't realize what's happening around him.
>>
>>28687439
Oh and Other M.
>>
>>28687441

Are you?
It bombed hard
>>
File: 1423453465654645.png (110KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1423453465654645.png
110KB, 1000x1000px
>Our usual token gen 5 loving autist makes another gen 6 hate thread
>Completely backfires despite the board being gen 5 apologist HQ

Pottery.
Time to call your IRC friends to save you IMO.
>>
>>28687427
>>28687444
Both of you are retards. I already said I replied to the wrong post.
>>
>>28687448
no one panned nintendo for other M, they panned the way Samus was handled

and even then you see more apologists saying "it's still a good game but..." than people outright saying its crap
>>
>>28687492
>no one panned nintendo for other M, they panned the way Samus was handled
And the controls and the ease and the layout of the areas and the linearity and just about everything else to do with the game.
>>
>>28687446
For the large portion of people on Facebook who haven't played since Kanto and complain about every new Pokemon, yes. It is the most controversial.

For people actually within the Pokemon fan base however, who have actually followed the series and still play the games, much less so

Hell, a lot of the praise I saw from Gen 6 when it released was from people who looked at stuff like Megas updating old Mons and the 3D models and how the games convinced them to come back in the series after leaving from Gen 1/Gen 3.
>>
>>28687515
i challenge you to go find a random critique of other M right now that don't feature "waah waaah they butchered Samus character waah she's too girly and weak" as the main point of complaints
>>
>>28687462
Do you know what panned means?

>>28687475
Its not a Gen V autist just a person that likes Genwar threads. These are made for HGSS and BW2 as well
>>
>>28687446

Seriously
Saying that Gen 5 is controversial is a complete understatement.
It downright turned away a huge chunk of the fanbase away from the games for good.
Which makes Gen VI sales the more amazing. Gen VI is basically GF going full "We're sorry for everything we did at Gen 5" and it worked. Of course if you loved Gen 5 you got the shit end of the stick, which now suddenly makes all Unovabortions hating Gen 6 with a passion make a lot of sense
>>
>>28687446
>You're seriously acting as if the Gen V starters aren't the most disliked starters in the series?
They aren't, Gen VI starters are more disliked, except for furries wanting to fuck braixen
>>
>>28684066
>everyone skipped past this to argue anyways
>>
>>28687546
All it needed to do was have 400 fucking pokemon

Thats it and it couldnt even do that
>>
>>28684014
>better
>bigger
>little to no postgame
>no battle frontier
>unnecessary changes to oras
>easy as piss

it's like gamefreak wasn't even trying with gen vi
>>
>>28687558

>They aren't, Gen VI starters are more disliked

I can't even handle all this denial
>>
>>28687558
>They aren't, Gen VI starters are more disliked, except for furries wanting to fuck braixen

Couldn't be more wrong. Gen 5 starters have always been outted as the worst. Gen 6 starters have always been generally liked.
Greninja is one of the most liked starters out of all generations.
>>
>>28687558

Anon I think it's time to take a break from /vp/.
It's not good for your mental health
>>
>>28687613
>Greninja is one of the most forced starters out of all generations.

Fixed that for you

Obviously after that much pandering in the anime it would become popular. The overall consensus on the three starters (and not just one) is that gen V had it better
>>
>>28684147
>knew it wasn't salvageable
It probably was, I mean they did a wonderful job trying to salvage the miserable wreck that was gen 3 with Emerald.
>>
>>28685880
Given that the models are probably the same, I really doubt they have significantly improved the framerate overall, but I will await the final judgment untill the game is out. I'm still undecided, and the drops really take a lot out of the battles.

>>28686804
I'm more upset about the coloring in general. While you could argue it's closer to the art, I still feel the more vibrant colors suit a lot of pokémon better than what we've got. Maybe the shaders affect it, but from what I've seen of SM, they really don't seem like a big improvement. Once again, final judgment comes at release, but the game should be for all intents and purposes finished by now.

Another thing that gen VI did horribly wrong was the new cries. Just what were they thinking?

>>28687379
>That is the reason ORAS has maision instead

I don't seem to remember RS having a maison. I do remember a tower very clearly.
>>
>>28687558
Greninja is literally Charizard-tier in popularity. You can stop being in denial anytime. The Unova starters will forever be a shitstain among the starters trios.

>>28687546
>It downright turned away a huge chunk of the fanbase away from the games for good.
This is also what I've seen in real life many times. I have a genwunner friend who wanted to try newer Pokemon games so he played through gens II, III and IV while enjoying each of them but dropped V before reaching even halfway of the game. Now he's thinking of giving Moon a chance.

Another example is my ex-girlfriend who hadn't played any Pokemon games before. I introduced her to the series and she very much enjoyed playing through Blue, Soul Silver and Y but disliked White 2 and didn't do any of the post-game stuff because of that. I don't think I've met anyone in real life whose favorite generation is gen V.
>>
>>28687656

>Of course it's popular
>but the overall consensu is that literally most unwanted starters of all time are better

Seriously anon, I'm actually worried about your mental health. This is "mom not being able to deal with the fact that her kid is dead" tier denial
>>
>>28687541
>http://www.cheatcc.com/wii/rev/metroidothermreview.html
>http://metro.co.uk/2010/09/01/games-review-metroid-other-m-3436375/
The plot is almost always an opening point that's thrown away in favour of the controls and lack of exploration.
Most people even tend to focus on the fact that you have to constantly switch between first and third person.

Have you actually read any of the reviews for the game? They aren't just all hate for the story.
>>
>>28687656
Please tell me not all gen 5 faggots are in this much denial. This is embarrassing at this point, especially when he thinks the pig and otter aren't constantly ridiculed for being complete shit.
>>
>>28687656
>gen V had it better
Anon seriously. Even here on /vp/, which is notorious for being unovabortion HQ, people tell you to drop your starter if you're asking for Gen V team building help. EVEN UNOVA FANS HATE UNOVA STARTERS. They're that bad. Gen V had a lot of positive aspects, but the starters aren't among them.
>>
>>28687704
>>28687703
>starters are three pokemon
>greninja greninja greninja greninja

I'm not denying greninja is popular, my dear retarded friends. The starters are three, though. Braixen and the grass faggot no one even remember the name are still part of the gen VI starters
>>
>Story
XY tried to take on an issue that looms on the real world, and did so with the nuance of a drowning vaudeville performer. As far as the Pokémon world goes, it's something that has never even been broached as an issue before, and suddenly some guy is about to commit genocide over it. As far as the real world goes, XY's resolution of "stop extremists and then let's all hope really really hard we aren't fucked" is just inane as an ending. The way that the conflict gets thrown into your face and then casually swept aside once the big bad guy is defeated keeps it from being very compelling.

>Characters
Let's skip past discussion on whether or not people should want compelling characters and plots out of Pokémon games, because XY just did a bad job of it altogether. You get four rivals traveling through the region with you, and most of them would be lucky if their characterization took up an entire bullet point. This may work when they show up every couple towns to battle you, but if they're popping up every ten feet, it's just aggravating.

I don't expect subtle villains from Pokémon games - they've come to be exclusively grandiose, dramatic motherfuckers. When Lysandre appeared, it seemed pretty obvious that he was going to be the big bad guy, and I didn't mind that. What angered me was that he just about screamed that he was going to do some crazy shit to everyone in every cutscene, and yet after he left, the other NPCs would be lucky to make a comment about how intensely passionate! he is before prattling on about their Single Character Trait.

>Difficulty
Yeah, yeah, I know, how dumb do you have to be to expect difficulty in a Pokémon game? When I say difficulty, I'm not talking about expecting an Atlus game out of it. But I'd like to feel the need to strategize to some degree, anywhere at all. Exp Share or not, you can pretty much breeze through the trainers and gyms unless you do something like forget every attacking move.
>>
>>28687656
>>Greninja is one of the most forced starters out of all generations.
You do realise the difference between pandering and forcing right?

For example Zoroark was forced in order to replicate Lucario's initial popularity but it didn't work so it stopped.
Greninja on the other hand was a complete hit among fans long before any actual pandering happened.

Masuda even picked Greninja for Smash before XY was released because he liked the design out of the three finals as opposed to being told to put it in.
>>
>>28683993
gen 6 had a major problem with difficulty. far too easy
XY was dull. look at the kalos map, it's awful. instead of implementing a seasons system, they just made certain parts of the region different "seasons", which is awfully jarring. the only towns that i liked were snowbelle, anistar and lumiose, which isn't even a town. speaking of towns, there were too many that didn't do anything.
also, the friendship crew stopping you every 10 seconds was a bit annoying
ORAS fixed the dullness issues for the most part. visually, it looked better. i didn't dread going back to towns i'd already been in, because they all felt fairly distinct. i liked that the games differed outside of version exclusives, and story wise, i enjoyed it. music was pretty funky too
now, all those nice things i just said about ORAS is moot because it's a fucking remake. half the work was already done. i haven't played RSE, so i'm biased towards it. i can't tell if it's a butchered remake or not, all i can say is that it wasn't /that/ bad. i also can't really comment on no battle frontier due to that, but it's not game breaking

tl;dr
>gen 6 is too easy overall
>XY is ugly and dull for a pokemon game
>ORAS could have been better, but i'm biased

please keep in mind these are just opinions and i'm not into competitive
>>
>>28687702
Did you even read what I wrote, or did you just skip to what you wanted to hear? ORAS had masion purely because the last game they made had it. Just like HGSS had Battle Frontier because Platinum did.
>>
>>28687763

People fucking love Braixen though.
I'll give you Chespin though. It's not unpopular, it has its fanbase, but if you argued that whatsitsnameagain Gen 5 grass starter is more liked I'd give you a definite... maybe? The Gen 5 grass starter wasn't as hated as Tepig and Oshawott and Chespin wasn't as popular as Froakie and Fennekin so they are some what equal
>>
>>28687794
>zoroark
>not liked

lel
>>
>>28687794
You mean Sakurai.
>>
>>28687868

Well people like it but it's not "OMG IT'S LUCARIO/CHARIZARD/GRENINJA" tier popular
>>
>>28687800
>i can't tell if it's a butchered remake or not
Eh, for RS it was a fantastic remake with several much needed improvements.
For Emerald on the other hand they forgot a whole bunch of elements exclusive to it but it doesn't matter seeing as most of the changes were superficial like mirage tower and desert underpass. In any case the thing people tend to be hung up about is the lack of the frontier.
In all honesty I think it's just the residual disappointment from Gen 4 as that had a frontier but not the Frontier people wanted. It was hilarious when everyone got pissed because of that it was non stop "It's too easy", "Where's the variety" and so on. Then ORAS came along with another chance to get it right and here we are.
>>
>>28683993
Your taste
>>
>>28683993
In Pokemon X/Y, Everything
In Pokemon ORAZ, I just hated how they didn't add Battle Frontier. They were lazy fucks on that one.
>>
>>28683993
The question should be:
What´s wrong with you????
>>
ORAS was okay but extremely over hyped
I liked XY because of the easier breeding mechanics it introduced, friend safari, easy training with battle chateau, but fuck the exp share and all of those handouts in both honestly
>>
File: 1229617933696.jpg (61KB, 454x317px) Image search: [Google]
1229617933696.jpg
61KB, 454x317px
>>28687966
>i liked easier breeding and easy training
>but i hated exp share and handouts
>>
>>28687895
Thanks for that, being on a Pokemon board you kind of shift to those devs and what not when talking of Pokemon.

>>28687868
I never said it wasn't liked, just that it didn't catch on like Lucario did before it.
Remember when they had the Zoroark outfit on Pokemon Sunday and then it just went one day in favour of Lucario because it wasn't working for them
>>
>>28687916

Frontierfags seriously need to fuck off. I mean it was a cool feature and all but it shouldn't determine completely wether you like the game or not. Emerald isnnot magically ten times better than R/S because of the frontier. It's neat little thing but also Emerald still has a lot of the same problems as R/S had
>>
>>28688038
>Emerald isnnot magically ten times better than R/S
Emerald IS ten times better than R/S

Not just for the Frontier, surely, but it was part of all the package

If you deny it then you're the one needing to fuck off.
>>
>>28687828
What previous games have done is completely irrelevant, I judge the game from what it contains, not what previous games have done. My point was that they were too lazy to reskin the maison to a tower, even though they did go to great length to recreate Hoenn in an ugly mess of a 2D to 3D conversion. I wouldn't care if the trainers were the same (except replace the heads with tower head) and keep everything else the same, gifts and all. It's a matter of physical appearance, not what was actually the content. Because RS had a battle tower, not a fucking battle maison.

>>28687765
This is a good summary, but personally I would add several other items to the list, relating to graphical design, new cries, overall progression being all sorts of fucked up, the customization being lacking in several aspects and poor technical performance.
>>
X was the first Pokemon game where I was motivated enough to complete my Pokedex. Pls don't ban me mods
I dont think I've ever put that many hours into a Pokemon game as in X
>>
>>28688003
?
I don't see anything wrong with what he wrote.
Breeding was tedious and boring and is something you tend to do after you've beat the story.

On the other hand, getting legendaries and other good pokemon handed to you on a silver platter just breaks the main game (Providing you use them of course), same with exp share which puts you a good few levels above other trainers.
>>
>>28688078
Why would you be banned when you've caught them all?
>>
>>28688038
It's not the only reason people prefer Emerald
>>
>>28687916
I forget that people didn't even like Gen 4's frontier initially, but it was also pretty divisive. I admit that I was pretty disappointed to hear that Emerald's frontier didn't return, though it was mostly because I was actually able to breed and create a team that actually stood a chance this time due to Gen 6's breeding changes. Most of the improvements made to the region itself really helped the atmosphere of the game I feel, like the change to the shipwreck that is Sea Mauville. The dex nav was also a pretty interesting new feature they added that made it fun to find pokemon in a slightly different way.
>>
>>28688105

Because I didn't in all the other games
>>
>>28688097

You've been handed Legendaries ever since Gen 3
>>
>>28688038

Emerald is much better than R/S in every way except one: the new green color scheme that's cancerous to my eyes.
>>
>>28688168
No, literally given Legendaries you have no option to refuse, that you dont find, battle or catch.
>>
>>28688168
Not literally given to you with a mega stone as an integral part of the main storyline before the sixth gym. You could say events, but that is very different and very variable depending if there even is an event running at the time you're playing. Certainly not for gen III-V games at the current time.
>>
>>28688059
>Emerald IS ten times better than R/S
Eh, not really. A lot of the changes didn't make much sense. Especially Magma having their base inside of an active volcano and no one dying of heat stroke or even a lava leak or Aqua requiring a submarine despite having seaworthy Pokemon and equipment.

Then there's the protagonist designs specifically Brendan who's design is even more nonsensical than his RS counterpart.
>>
>>28683993
They stopped trying and went after a cheap buck
>>
>>28688123
>>28688059
I don't really remember, but what else did Emerald do besides the frontier and other standard 3rd version stuff like change the story. I think I remember an extra area or two but I don't remember anything nearly as big as the frontier.
>>
>>28688216
>Not literally given to you with a mega stone as an integral part of the main storyline
I wouldn't call it an integral part of the story. More like a side story.

That said you're only given a Lati to explain the ability to soar. Unless you want to bar players from using that advertised feature until the postgame.
>>
>>28688222
>trying to bring Emerald down by complaining about realism in the pokemon universe

This is incredibly stupid and you know it.
>>
>>28688259
>>trying to bring Emerald down by complaining about realism in the pokemon universe
Anon, Pokemon universe or reality humans will die when exposed to that much heat or by touching magma. We've seen characters that have heat exhaustion before, there's no reason why a team with people wearing thick hoodies should be there without problem.

And it still makes no sense for Aqua to steal a sub.
>>
>>28688256
>I wouldn't call it an integral part of the story. More like a side story.

It was a poor choice of words. What I meant to say was mandatory. Yeah, it's a side story.

>Unless you want to bar players from using that advertised feature until the postgame.

You don't get to soar before you get around the final gym. In that regard you don't need to get the Lati@s before that. In fact, you could do soaring without receiving the Lati@s, as you don't need to have it in your party in the first place.
>>
>>28688242
Gym Leader rematches, the overworld was entirely focused on Double Battles (I miss this) and a few smaller things. I also prefer the Emerald Story too desu, even more than the ORAS story. ORAS has better characters and motivations, but the story is less interesting.

I only ever played Emerald, so I dont know ALL the changes, so I cant answer too specifically
>>
>>28688353
>the overworld was entirely focused on Double Battles
No it wasn't, there were only a few trainers in the correct position to activate that new double battle mechanic.
>>
>>28688353
Oh yeah I do remember the combined story and it was pretty cool how both teams were fought in the game. I also wish the games would have more double battles in general, at least to break up the pacing a bit. Gym rematches really should have become a tradition. Seems like a waste to just use those important characters and special music one time and never touch them again.
>>
>>28688409
>I also wish the games would have more double battles in general
You might get your wish in sun and moon.
>>
>>28688401
There were many on every Route

>>28688409
This. WHile I'm having fun with HGSS, I'm disappointed they didnt add a few more Double Battles.

Well, they did. But I'd have liked more
>>
>>28688469
>There were many on every Route
Not as many as you seem to think. Some routes didn't even have them.
>>
>Oh look another Unovabortion shitting on Gen 6 thread. Better hi-
>wait what's that?
>Unovabortions actually get put in their place and go full spaghetti

You're alright sometimes /vp/
>>
>>28688222
Because having the super ancient pokemon of the land sleeping in the bottom of the ocean instead of inside a volcano makes so much more sense, amirite?
>>
>>28688641
Where did this happen?
>>
X/Y were better games than,RBY, Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl.
>>
>>28688656
This is objectively true
>>
>>28688648
>Because having the super ancient pokemon of the land sleeping in the bottom of the ocean instead of inside a volcano makes so much more sense, amirite?
Yes.
Do you honestly think that cave was underwater thousands of years ago especially if a Pokemon that can control the intensity of the sun enough to cause droughts was running rampant?
Do you even rain cycle?
>>
>>28688656
I think they were pretty alright for first versions. The fact that they didn't get a 3rd version really dampens people's opinion on the entire gen I feel.
>>
>>28684118
>the normie audience
The "normie" audience is their target demographic, not us.
>competitivefag
Competitive players are like the only demographic outside of the "normie" audience that anyone gives a shit about.
>Lack of an interesting story
No Pokemon game's story was interesting until Gen 7 started tying everything together and making everyone realize how everything has been planned this whole time to all come together
>Easy-as-shit difficulty
Pokemon has literally never been hard and never will be hard. It has always been easy as shit.
>Only 70 new mons
I'll give you that, but I'd still rather have 70 GOOD new pokemon instead of Gen 4's ~109(?) shitty awful garbage new pokemon.
>Ruined Hoenn with Mega Evolution and XY shilling
Hoenn and Gen 3 was garbage, but ORAS made it good and gave it a good storyline.
>ORAS failing as remakes since Emerald is still the better game, even HGSS had almost every feature from Crystal and a battle frontier.
ORAS is better than RSE.
>Zygarde never getting its own game, honestly, Pokemon Z could've saved this gen if GF didn't rush to move on to Gen 7
They probably dropped Z because you autistic retards were threatening to kill yourselves over gen 6.
>>
>>28688648
>implying groudon can't rest wherever the fuck he wants
Nigga can dry up oceans.
And clearly water doesn't mean shit to him since he bursts out of the water in the first place.
>>
>>28687546
I think you've hit the nail on the head. Gens 5 and 6 are the antithesis of each other. It seems to be very, very rare if you love both or hate both. Most people seem to love one and despise the other. It all depends on (You).
>>
>>28688825
>be Groudon pre-primal reversion bs
>be weak to water
>w-water don't mean nothing to it,groudon stronk xD

Autism
>>
File: 1221512051907.jpg (20KB, 221x235px) Image search: [Google]
1221512051907.jpg
20KB, 221x235px
>>28688803
>No Pokemon game's story was interesting until Gen 7 started tying everything together and making everyone realize how everything has been planned this whole time to all come together
>>
>>28688656

Yeah
Well I disagree with you on G/S, but yeah.

Prolly also why majority outside of /vp/ actually loves them. Most play the first batch and don't get the third version so X/Y are compared to the first versions of the other gens (which is fair) and it's really far superior to most of them.

And if we really get a Kalos Postgame in Sunmoon fans will double down on this. It'll be R/B + G/S all over again
>>
>>28688891
>>w-water don't mean nothing to it,groudon stronk xD
>Literally bursts out of the water to get back on to the surface
>Literally going to be used to dry up the ocean

Are you retarded?
>>
>>28688803
(You)
>>
>>28688971
you are the retard for not realising that the fact that it can burst out of the water is a-ok

My swampert surfing that bitches ass to hell and back begs to differ with your autistic brain
>>
>>28686598
I would prefer to already have fun playing through the story.
>>
>>28683993
OPs mother gave birth to OP.
>>
>>28688837
My favorite Gen is gen 5 because of a lot of conventions broken that it did but I also really enjoyed Gen 6 for its aesthetics and a lot of its underlying mechanics with the changes to breeding and pokemon availability making it a lot easier to get into the competitive scene. I feel like it had a lot of quality of life improvements that it kept or added to the games that are often overlooked because they are relatively small. Mega evolutions, as divisive as they are, really helped a lot of Pokemon that no one ever realistically thought could become good, largely in ORAS with Lopunny, Beedrill, Altaria, etc. Even though they were also given to Pokemon that didn't really need it, I feel it has the potential to help more than hurt if it stays.
>>
>>28689030
*not a-ok
>>
>>28684146
>SuMo
Fuck off.
>>
>>28688641
People are spamming this (You) are) but I'm not seeing this at all.I know this is one person spamming this because it keeps brining up Unova fans

>>28688803
Do you really believe SM's story is widely more interesting? Or all the other nonsense you wrote because you were suckered in by "IT ALL" memes?
>>
>>28689016
Can't handle the truth faggot?
>>
>>28689030
Not him but there's a difference between the ocean and a water attack. The ocean on it's own doesn't just kill a Pokemon with a type weak to water and we've seen this several times across the franchise from the games to the manga to the anime.

Then there's the fact that like this anon said >>28688700
There may not have been an ocean there above him in the first place.

And again he has the ability to literally evaporate water and control magma in it's regular form. Regular water isn't a problem for Groudon.
>>
>>28689096
Literally SM is already more unique than Flare

Have you not seen how much people love Skull I've never seen that much love a team
>>
>>28689131
I stopped reading at competitve fag because he was saying there's not much else to enjoy besides that
>>
>>28689172
>anime
>charizard gets frozen
>almost dies from his flame getting put out
>an attack that literally uses the ocean to attack=/= the ocean
>r/s Groudon can evaporate oceans
>a wild Groudon appeared
>sunlight gets harsh
>spheal used hail/wooper used rain dance/trapinch used sandstorm
>no more drought

What a mighty beast
>>
>>28689375
>Anime
>charizard dropped into a pool of water
>flame still burning strong

Also are you seriously trying to argue against lore with game mechanics.
>>
>>28689452
so you just proved that the anime is not a reliable source
Of course I do,this is why ORAS managed to salvage it by giving it Desolate Land,it gave it consistency and made the fact that it is an all powerful ancient mon believable
>>
>>28683993
X and Y were fun but they felt short and just plain unfinished. The characters were all flat and the game frequently interrupted you to point you in the direction you were most likely already going. I like XY, I honestly do, but there are a lot of flaws there.
ORAS is fun to play through for the first time, and it's way easier to catch'em all if you haven't already done it. For some reason though, training your mons afterwards feels boring and tedious and there's not much else to do. I do like contests though.
>>
>>28689375
>>28689588
>>charizard gets frozen
>>almost dies from his flame getting put out
Frozen by a Pokemon move.
You just proved his point because Pokemon don't just become catatonic when they're in an area that should hinder them.
Oh and you can use fire, ground and rock types underwater in RSE/ORAS and Flying, Ground, Grass, Dragon types in icy climates like Coronet and Frost Cavern.

>>spheal used hail/wooper used rain dance/trapinch used sandstorm
Which doesn't kill the pokemon instantly like you're saying.

I don't think you know what you're talking about when it comes to Pokemon.
>>
>>28684049
Maybe change your mons up.
I've never used nincada before, so I decided to try it and keep shedinja. Around mt. Pyre right now and it's not super easy keeping him up with the others

Try using new stuff and you may find your difficulty change. Try making skitty work.
>>
>>28689588
>so you just proved that the anime is not a reliable source
Not really, I just proved that environmental factors are completely different to Pokemon moves.
>https://youtu.be/Zo6RtQ5F6Ig?t=7m1s
See how it's frozen by a Poliwrath?

>Of course I do,this is why ORAS managed to salvage it by giving it Desolate Land
Keeping in mind that Desolate Land is exclusive to it's primal form and it didn't take on that form until it had reached the Cave of Origin. In other words, it popped out of the water before it's immunity came into play.

Why are you having problems understanding this?
>>
>>28689682
Not him but that's what I always do.
I always try and go with Pokemon I've never used before just to see how they play. And that's the best thing about Pokemon in all honesty, the variety.
>>
>>28689625
>charmander almost dies from being exposed to the rain
There you go,then

>it doesn't kill the mon
that was not even my point
>>
>>28683993
X, Y was clearly creted with a sequel in mind that never came to pass (so we were left with virtually half the game). ORAS was rushed because of fans whining.
>>
>>28683993
Just lack of content and personality.
>>
>>28689729
>it came out of the water because of an immunity that is in no way apparent in any other aspect of the game

Why are you having problems understanding that this is retarded?
>>
>>28687385
Inner focus is better
>>
>>28689772
>There you go,then
And malnourishment as well as physical abuse.

>that was not even my point
"Faint" then.
In any case what is your point? Because there's no reason why Groudon couldn't be under the ocean.
>>
>What went so horribly wrong
Literally E V E R Y T H I N G besides streamlined breeding, streamlined online, and Tyrantrum.
>>
>>28689174
Oh its more interesting than XY definitely. But outside that we've generally had good stories, that people seem to underrate with all the SM hype
>>
>>28689800
>Why are you having problems understanding that this is retarded?
What's retarded about it?
They've already established that moves are completely different from rain, hail, the ocean and so on.
And even then it wasn't in the water long enough to have any lasting effects that couldn't be cured with the immediate evaporation.

Why do you think just a drop of water could kill it?
>>
>>28689865
Being weak to the element surounding you is a pretty good reason

My other point is that,if Groudon's drought is so strong and prevalent, why does a common move from a literal shitmon able to override it?It's a matter of consistency that again, was not a problem in ORAS because GF this time gave a damn

Watch the episode again,fucktard. They repetedly said that the rain was the main reason charmander was in danger

>>28689930
>bursting throught the fucking middle of the ocean= a small drop of water

I am done here,it is my fault for giving you (You)'s
>>
>>28689976
>Being weak to the element surounding you is a pretty good reason
Not really because it was sealed an incredibly long time ago. It was already mentioned in this thread that there might not have even been water there to begin with when it was still active.
And water isn't exactly going to make it faint in one go.

>why does a common move from a literal shitmon able to override it?
Because that's how the game mechanics work. If they went by lore and what not it wouldn't do a thing against Groudon which is why it instantly reverts back to the harsh sunlight effect once the battle is over if you don't capture or defeat it.

>It's a matter of consistency that again, was not a problem in ORAS because GF this time gave a damn
Using that logic each and every Pokemon game is inconsistent because the battle mechanics don't match up to the lore. In fact the God trio shouldn't even be able to be captured.

>They repetedly said that the rain was the main reason charmander was in danger
Did you just ignore the part where it was being attacked by Spearow as well? Not to mention it was there all day without even so much as a bite to eat.

So where exactly is the problem?
>>
>>28689976
>it is my fault for giving you (You)'s
>no more arguments
>I-I'm done...
Well, that was certainly a pathetic show from you.
>>
>>28687192
http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/pokemon-black-version

kill self now
>>
>>28686945
Dig in genwun was the same BP as EQ. And Slash always crit so it was 140 BP
>>
>>28684118
>>No post-game unless you're a competitivefag
I love this meme.
>people praise Emerald for its competitivefag BT clones
>now the competitivefag BT clone isn't enough all of a sudden
Reminder that Maison is as long as Platinum's Frontier, and that Emerald has nothing else other than the Frontier as postgame. Not varied =/= not present
>>
Hoenn is and always will be a shitty region.
>>
>>28692313
>Reminder that Maison is as long as Platinum's Frontier
Correction, it's longer.
But you're just going to get people who think that replayability means something when talking objectively.
>>
>>28688837
Well shit, seems like I should have bought Gen 6 games ages ago.
>>
>>28683993

The fan base.
>>
This thread goes smoothly with discussions on actual flaws for almost 3 hours and devolved into a shit show
>>
>>28683993
I liked them.
>>
>>28686394
You're kidding, right? One route in Hoenn is like several gen 2 routes combined.

Gen 2 Kanto alone is maybe half of the original Kanto, and Johto is probably the overall smallest region.
>>
>>28693329
There's no probably about it.
Johto is the shortest region of them all.
>>
>>28683993
I blame 3D
>>
>>28693400
I only said probably because I haven't played it in a while because I fucking hate gen 2.
>>
>>28693329
i dont think you remember sapphire and ruby that well. i maintain my position, it's smaller. most of the "side" areas in gen3 you're thinking were added for emerald
>>
Shitty designs for X/Y. There were so many forgettable or downright ugly Pokemon introduced.
>>
>>28683993
>What went so horribly wrong?
Mega evolutions
>>
>>28693491
What side areas are you even talking about? Don't assume my viewpoint, especially when you're defending those piece of shit regions in gen 2.

Look up the maps for the Kanto routes and compare them to their gen 1 counterparts. Almost all of them are significantly smaller. Then look up all of the Kanto areas that were completely removed, like most of the Seafoam Islands, Lavender Tower, or the Unknown Dungeon. Kanto was a crippled mess in those games and Johto really wasn't much better. I'll take one complete region over two shitty ones.
>>
>>28693491
>most of the "side" areas in gen3 you're thinking were added for emerald
You do realise that the region went unchanged between Emerald and RS for the most part right?
In other words if a ROUTE is longer in Emerald it's also longer in RS. When was the last time you played one of the original Johto games by the way?

As for content RS did in fact have more than crystal seeing as it retained the large majority of it as well as introducing bases and contests as well as reintroducing the Safari Game that had been removed from gen 2 games. On top of that Gen 3 also introduced more pokemon than 2.

Let me guess though, this is the part where you include day and night as content and such.
>>
>>28687546
Wow what a pathetic loser you are.
>>
>>28687546
>"We're sorry about Gen 5"
More like
>"We're sorry we tried making a quality game, so here are these barebones titles full of Kanto pandering. Hope you tasteless faggots enjoy!"
>>
File: 1460377218872.jpg (49KB, 544x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460377218872.jpg
49KB, 544x600px
>>28693582
>HGSS missed the opportunity to retcon the changes and expand Johto properly
It could have been great. It could have been the adventure we asked for.

But it failed by repeating the mistakes of the past.
>>
>>28693676
To be fair they did bring back a lot of missing Kanto areas like the Seafoam Islands and the Unknown Dungeon, but the shitty pacing and Johto still being whatever for a region were things that I'm not sure they could've fixed so easily.

Well, the new routes in HGSS certainly helped, I guess. FRLG are still the overall best remakes.
>>
>>28693723
FRLG probably benefited from the jump between gens being so large. A lot was changed mechanic wise since then. All the other stuff it added certainly helped though.
>>
>>28693764
I think it's that the core of RBY didn't really need anything fixed. The mechanics were the biggest problems but just being in gen 3 remedied that. Otherwise they didn't remove anything and instead just added content on. HGSS had to remake inherently flawed games while ORAS stripped away content from even the original RS (why the fuck is the Trick House shorter Game Freak) and is lacking content that Emerald brought in. At this point I just don't want Game Freak to remake anything else, it doesn't look like their specialty.
>>
>>28693723
>Well, the new routes in HGSS certainly helped,
I wish, there was fucking nothing in those routes except for the embedded tower and the worst safari zone in the series.
>>
>>28683993
>Got Hyped for XY
>ended up being the blandest games in the series
>Got hyped for ORAS
>ended up being the worst remakes at this point
>Got hyped for Z announcement
>we get a new fucking gen instead of fleshing out Kalos or at least fix some of XY's plotholes.

Why does Gen 6 feel so incomplete?
>>
I'm honestly convinced anyone who like gen 6 is a fucking retard.

Good bye thread
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.