[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so... do you guys soft reset your starter until you get female

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: 1474438648854.gif (2MB, 400x241px) Image search: [Google]
1474438648854.gif
2MB, 400x241px
so... do you guys soft reset your starter until you get female with good IVs or just whatever?
>>
>>28680377
Nah I usually box it anyways except gen 1 and 4
>>
>>28680377
I always box it except in gen 1, 2 and 4
>>
i always box it, except chespin
>>
Usually I just get the first thing I get when playing a newly released game. But if I'm playing it again for the 2nd or 3rd time then I'll reset until I get a good nature. Never boxed a starter.
>>
Sometimes I SR for a female, sometimes for a good nature. IVs are pretty much not worth it for me; often you have go through the first battle to check the stats. Also in most cases you can't really determine the IVs with any accuracy.

With SM I will probably get a female with a good nature, since IV training will be possible and so I might actually be able to use the poke. Hopefully at least one of the starters doesn't need its HA or any egg moves or there is a chance of getting the HA.
>>
>>28680377
Nah, boxing the starter this time around.
>>
>>28680377

I soft reset for preferred gender and ivs depending on the starter mon I'm going to use.
>>
>>28680413
Why gender? Does this affect stats or something?
>>
>>28680377
I can't imagine doing anything besides boxing it let alone ever caring enough to SR for IVs/Shiny/Nature
>>
>>28680540
Makes it easier to breed without having to find a ditto
>>
>>28680540
easy breeding, and hypothetically wouldn't take that many soft resets to find a female starter
>>
I'm surprised so many of you box your starters.
>>
>>28680540

Meh, imo some pokemon are just nicer as females. Chikorita, Snivy, Fennekin, and Popplio (assuming popmaid is real(It is, obv)) come to mind.
>>
>>28680624
I'd prefer male poppmaid, and female luchalitten
>>
>>28680560
Since it's a starter isnt a ditto the only option anyway?
>>
>>28680946
No, you just need to find something else in the egg group.

Honestly unless SM is your first game none of this shit matters. The game will be easy enough that you can use any Nature or IV set, and in January you can just Bank over your shiny 6IV Ditto to start breeding.
>>
>>28680958
>and in January you can just Bank over your shiny 6IV Ditto to start breeding.
>implying i have that
>>
i would always do my walkthroughs with a casual team without much resetting, the games are easy enough. after league i usually go full 31/X/31/31/31/31 autism mode with new mons.

however female starter can be nice to skip that extra gen of breeding, but then again i have my 5 IV ditto waiting so it really isnt that big of a deal.
>>
I literally just go with whatever I get
>>
>>28680387
>>28680394
>>28680397
>>28680411
>>28680552

Your parents should've boxed you when you were born.
>>
>>28681111
quads confirms it
>>
I reset for females yes.
I also take sitting baths with swimming trunks on everyday at exactly 9:47pm
>>
>>28680958
Do better IV's in parents = better IV's in offspring?
>>
>>28680377
whatever
>>
>>28680377
There is no need for good iv in Pokémon to play story mode
>>
File: eusticeshockright.png (197KB, 450x349px) Image search: [Google]
eusticeshockright.png
197KB, 450x349px
>>28681111
them digits though.
>>
>>28681293
Yes, 3 IVs get passed down between the two parents or 5 get passed down if one of them holds a Destiny Knot.
>>
Why the fuck would anyone do this. 6 IV Dittos are so fuckin common you can get a solid 5 IV of any breedable Pokemon in about 20 minutes. On top of that IV's matter so fucking little the difference between 6 31's and 6 0's is probably 1-2 turns through the course of the entire game.

Shut the fuck up and play with whatever you get. If you want a good starter get one when breeding is available.
>>
>>28681111
pseudo-professionals just got btfo. your starter should always have a spot on your team unless you started with chikorita.
>>
>>28680377
Soft reset for just nature for breeding purposes later. Only takes 15 minutes or so. Except for XY holy fuck that bitch asking me if i wanted to be big x or small x 20 times
>>
>>28680971
>>28680958
You don't need to import a 6IV ditto though, just GTS one from Japan or something (assuming ditto is catchable in SM) and hyper train it, and you've got a legit Japanese 6IV ditto.
>>
If I can be bothered I'll soft reset if I get a horrible nature.
>>
Considering anything is fine for ingame, no
>>
>>28680377
Starters look like shit anyway. Gonna box it asap
>>
>>28680377
Why would I do that?

Even if I wanted to breed, why not just get a ditto
>>
>>28680377
I usually use whatever I get, Karenfag style.
>>
I will probably reset for a beneficial nature but that's it.

If I really, really wanted to I could use hyper training later on in SM to fix the IVs.

But I doubt it, the starter I level through the game with will have his own "pve" moves and if robinhoot is competitive then I'll just breed a proper one with potential egg moves and other shit and good IVs
>>
>>28681111
>Not boxing your starter
I refuse to respect your quads
>>
>>28680377
No, because I want my starters to be male.
>>
Some pokemon should be male and some female

For example I'd want pokémon like wigglytuff, milotic or gothitelle to be female

But aggron, blaziken or alakazam gotta be male
>>
Call me retarded but answer my question first: How does one check IVs in the beginning of the game? Isn't the fella that does that only made available in the post game?
>>
>>28683823
probably have to cheat with homebrew, doubt you could even online battle right away
>>
>>28683823
There are calculators online, but you can't do it until you've leveled up into maybe the teens to twenties range and kept track of all your EVs because at low levels the difference between good and bad IVs is harder to notice.
>>
>>28683867
Seems a bit tedious to start the game, go through that intro monotony, level the starter until about 15 or so, and then reset when the stats weren't up to snuff. And this is assuming you even get the gender/nature you want.

At least, this is how I assume it would be done.
>>
File: 1471044279225.png (611KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471044279225.png
611KB, 800x600px
>>28682354
Fuck you
>>
>>28680377
Female? only for specific ones like Snivy or Fennekin
Nature? absolutely
IVs? hell no
>>
I restart if I don't get a decent nature that's about it
>>
>Worrying about I.vs in game, expecially with hyper training becoming a thing.

The most I do is catching team members a couple of times and going with the least shit nature.
>>
Nah. I think I did it once or twice for nature but most of the time I don't really care much.
>>
>>28680971

Go on the G.T.S, look for a ditto from outside your region, train it to level 100, then save it for SM for Hyper Training.
>>
Playing it karenfag style is probably the most fun, I started worrying about atleast nature's but if you just wing it with your Pokémon it's probably more satisfying
>>
IVs literally do not matter for ingame purposes, my first playthrough of XY I took the Aegislash that had been one of my mainstays on my champion team to the rater and found out it had 0's in three stats
>>
Keep until I catch something I like, then wonder trade.

In previous gens I just boxed them.
>>
>>28684195
>wonder trading on release day

You're just going to get a trumpgoose or Pikipek, you might as well keep the starter
>>
>>28684227

At least Wonder Trading right at the start means you can an early game shitmon you were going to use for a bit anyway but with boosted exp.
>>
>>28684244

Exactly this desu.
>>
>>28681111
Quads of great justice
>>
>>28680377
Usually just for a good nature and the gender I want. Soft resetting in B/W is a bitch since I have to go through two fights. Platinum is also a bit annoying in that regard since the battle is pretty slow and there's a wall of text afterwards.

BW2 did it perfectly though; No battle and no text dump immediately after choosing the starter. Even took it one step further by breaking up Bianca's text before choosing them.
>>
>>28680377
I don't care because it's going to be easier to get the perfect mon later, it's practically impossible to get 5 IVs this way and it's going to need the HA anyway to be useful.
>>
I did for snivy twice in black 1 and black 2. Will do the same for popplio
>>
>>28681111
Quads of truth.
>>
>>28686947
This
>>
>>28680377
I'll probably soft reset my Rowlet for a good nature so I can hyper train him later
>>
>>28687048
>Overgrow
>>
>>28683919
yeah it would really be just for the nature/gender/(shiny?) for your starter.
>>
File: pkmn Alola starters.jpg (49KB, 481x700px) Image search: [Google]
pkmn Alola starters.jpg
49KB, 481x700px
>>28680387
>>28680394
>>28680397

But why? They're new pokemon. I can understand boxing them if you're playing FR/LF/OR/AS or some other remake that doesn't have a new trio of starters but not when they're brand new.

and yeah i'm soft resetting for a female rowlet and litten (since i'm buying both versions) not only for breeding purposes but also because the female version is rare....and depending on how long the cut scenes are before you can save before choose your pokemon i'll probably soft reset for a day or two in one of the games in an attempt to get a shiny.
>>
>>28680540
I like having female starters. Just always have, not sure why.

I'm a grill too
>>
>>28680377
I only soft reset it for nature.
>>
>>28682344

I'm not terribly autistic about good IV's but I do want a good nature. Hopefully the games leak a week or so before the official launch so someone can rush through the game. If, for example litten is special based I sure I hell don't want an adamant....thats the kind of info I want to know.
>>
I've always kept the first one given, but it's the first time I actually want to SR.
I have a black kitten who's unusually tiny, so having a female Luchalitten with her name would be hilarious.
>>
>>28683919
Level 5 stats are high enough to use a calculator to determine whether or not the IVs are objectively terrible.
>>
File: pkmn real life clauncher.png (1MB, 1800x1050px) Image search: [Google]
pkmn real life clauncher.png
1MB, 1800x1050px
>>28688440

true but I don't think there's going to be a proper IV calculator for gen VII mon's for the first week (or even month) of its release.
>>
>>28680377

I soft reset for nature just for a smoother playthrough then I worry about all the other shit in the post game
>>
i usually don't, but I recently started my second play through of X and I picked fennekin and I restarted for female.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.