[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it that decides if a pokemon is a Normal Type or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: fighting blokes.png (384KB, 1361x746px) Image search: [Google]
fighting blokes.png
384KB, 1361x746px
What is it that decides if a pokemon is a Normal Type or not?
>>
>>28663266
bewear is kawaii bait so it's for normies
>>
How normal it is.
>>
>>28663266
The developers. How stupid are you?
>>
Being Normal type.
>>
>>28663266
Game Freak.
>>
>>28663266
Fighting types have strength that is above average not only for a human but for a Pokemon as well

Bewear is part normal type because it isn't consistently powerful but rather stronk when its temper goes in full force.
>>
Passimian is naturally Fighting type, Bewear is a Normal type that learned how to fight from humans

Also fluffiness
>>
Normal types are Pokemon that fight like wild animals, use their natural weapons (claws, teeth, ect) and more feral tactics, or just use pure, non-elemental energy.
>>
>>28663266
normal type = mundane type
plush toys = mundane
>>
>>28663266
They have to be either incredibly normal or incredibly ABnormal. Rugby monkey doesnt fit either
>>
>>28663266
I think this is a pretty good question so I'm going to analyse it a little bit starting with Gen I.

The only dual-type with normal in Gen I was Flying (until Fairy was introduced in Gen VI) which makes sense since they're based on regular, non-elemental birds.

Gen II introduced Girafarig, a Normal/Psychic type; this Pokemon had two distinct heads, only one of which had Psychic power.

Gen IV introduced Bibarel, a Normal/Water type which evolves from a Normal type; since the evolution retains a majority of the traits found in Bidoof, it retains its Normal typing.

Gen V gave us the Deerling/Sawsbuck line with the Normal/Grass typing. Like Girafarig, the Grass elements of Sawsbuck's design appear on it's antlers but not necessarily on the rest of the body. Also, Meloetta can be either Normal/Fighting or Normal/Psychic- in this case, the Normal typing represents it's musical theme, which may also explain why the Jigglypuff line retains it's Normal type.

Lastly, Gen VI gave us Diggersby, Pyroar, and Helioptile. Like Bibarel, Diggersby gains its secondary type through evolution. The Pyroar line have fiery manes but are otherwise normal in appearance, like Sawsbuck. The Heliolisk line is probably the biggest outlier here, but I think the idea is that it doesn't generate its own electricity (unlike most Electric-types) and therefore can't be considered a pure Electric type.

I'm sure I'm just stating the obvious here, but regardless I think its an interesting topic. In Bewear's case I think the Fighting type is secondary because it's a product of Bewear not knowing it's own strength, whereas Passimians typing is based on it's organization and training regime.
>>
>>28663266
Stuffal and Bewear are just really strong animals, not trained martial artists or anything. Passimian is a trained sportsman.

Mankey/Primeape probably would've been Normal/Fighting or Dark/Fighting if introduced today. Never understood why they didn't get retconned to Fighting/Dark in GS.
>>
>>28664118
Dark types are cheaters, cheap fighters, and all around scoundrels. Primeape is just an angry monkey
>>
File: pokemoncrabrawler.png (145KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pokemoncrabrawler.png
145KB, 500x500px
u forgot one op
>>
>>28663335
Bewear isn't a gentle giant with a temper. It has more of a "doesn't know its own strength" type thing. Hence why there are danger signs around because of it, so people know not to let it hug them or it would literally snap them in two.
>>
In a lot of cases I feel like Fighting just supplants Normal. Fighting just means combat prowess, and if something is pure Fighting, it's usually pretty ordinary looking. A certain amount of normalcy is attached to the Fighting type, so Normal along with it is redundant. Bewear is an exception, in this case I think looking like a stuffed animal, which is a mundane object, is where the normal type comes from.

The only other examples are Mega Lopunny and Pirouette Forme Meloetta, both who only retain their normal type because it was their primary type before they switched form to gain fighting type.

My reasoning for Bewear might pretty shaky, I think part of the inspiration for doing that type combination for it was specifically to have one normal-fighting pokemon that wasn't something out of reach like a mythical pokemon or a mega evolution.
>>
>>28664323
That's definitely not the impression I get from it. Just look at the SM Anime short trailer, that thing doesn't look very pacific at all.
>>
>>28664569
>anime
Well that's why. I'm just going by Bewear's description on the SM site.
>>
>>28664569
You think I'm making this shit up?
>>
File: 375px-217Ursaring[1].png (103KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
375px-217Ursaring[1].png
103KB, 375x375px
>>28663335

>Fighting types have strength that is above average not only for a human but for a Pokemon as well

This thing has base 130 attack and it's normal type
>>
I think the idea with Bewear is the "costume" makes it normal but it's super strong so it gets fighting?
>>
>>28664651
It's a bear.
>>
>>28663266
What is it that decides if a Pokémon is [Insert Type] or not?
>>
>>28664672
wow, rude
>>
File: 375px-675Pangoro[1].png (100KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
375px-675Pangoro[1].png
100KB, 375x375px
>>28664672

And?
>>
>>28663266
If it's really good at using conventional strength and force, hence Normal STAB.
>>
File: fuck trees.jpg (229KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
fuck trees.jpg
229KB, 1280x960px
>>28664569

>When Bewear is acting in a friendly fashion, just swinging its arms around, you must never dare to approach it carelessly. It is acknowledged to be a dangerous Pokémon, even within the Alola region. You may see warning signs posted near places it resides.

>When Bewear grows fond of its Trainer, it may show that feeling in a fond embrace—but the force of that hug is tremendous! Trainers must teach these Pokémon how to restrain their strength when showing affection.

It's basically Lennie Small: The Bear.
>>
>>28664810

How are fighting and normal different in that regard?
>>
>>28664853
Conventional strength is Normal-type, Fighting-type is strength that is obtained through hard work or training, like a martial art. Not him btw
>>
>>28664853
Fighting type is using martial arts and technique. Normal is just exerting force. It's like boxing vs just swinging wildly.
>>
>>28664802
That's a delinquent.
>>
>>28664311
This wouldn't be considered normal type you fucktard.
>>
>>28663335
>slaking
>>
>>28665039
>>28665294

Chesnaught, Toxicroak, Heracross, etc

No special training or technique. It's arbitrary.
>>
I honestly think they're just slapping normal onto Pokémon so they can eventually cover every single type combination.

More often than not it's not even that bad a thing for the Pokémon, the extra stab is usually worth the extra weakness.
>>
>>28665903
>No special training or technique

>shitnaught
knighthood and shit
>toxicroak
muay thai and stabbing
>heracross
grappling for insects
>>
>>28666000

So then pinsir and excavalier would be fighting type
>>
>>28666000
double trips speak the truth
>>
>>28666113
excavalier's steel and bug take priority over the fighting. pinsir shoulda been fighting
>>
>>28664053
Great explanation, anon.
>>
>>28664053
That's actually a good post.
>>
>>28666289
>>28666419
Huh, usually when I write a post that long I get picked apart by greentext. Thanks bros.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.