[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Passimian is a black-and-white ruffed lemur, NOT a monkey.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: toz04373l.jpg (587KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
toz04373l.jpg
587KB, 1600x1200px
Passimian is a black-and-white ruffed lemur, NOT a monkey.
>>
>>28660121
It's a Pokémon, NOT an animal.
>>
File: image.png (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7KB, 300x300px
>>28660121
>Lemurs are a species of Primates
>>
(you) vs the guy she tells you not to worry about
>>
File: snails from french.png (1MB, 1625x2066px) Image search: [Google]
snails from french.png
1MB, 1625x2066px
>>28660121
>implying owls are birds
>implying escargots are snails
>implying lemurs are monkeys

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
>>
This is important.
>>
>>28660121
But lemurs are primates.

Primate=Monkey
>>
>>28661099
Monkeys are primates, but not all primates are monkeys.
>>
>>28660121
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/simian

KYS man
>>
Everyone is going to be calling it a monkey and my autism will suffer greatly.

Hell, the other one isn't a monkey either, orangutans are apes. I like it better though. Good thing I'm leaning towards Moon.
>>
>th-the leaks are wrong because they referred to an animal that looks like a monkey and has simian in its name as a monkey
>>
Did no one else go to elementary school?

Is it a primate? Yes. Does it have a tail? Yes.
It's a monkey

Is it a primate? Yes. Does it have a tail? No.
It's an ape.

All monkeys are primates but not all primates are monkeys.
>>
It also looks like a Capuchin monkey.
>>
File: iliketo.png (242KB, 433x515px) Image search: [Google]
iliketo.png
242KB, 433x515px
Just be glad he doesn't look like a ring-tailed lemur. The waves of "I like to move it, move it" would never end.
>>
>>28661413
Anon...you may need glasses.
>>
>>28660188
>Foxes are a species of canids
>>
>>28661449
And you may need a (You).
>>
>>28661418
I'm naming mine King Julian anyway.
>>
>>28660121
so whats your point?
>>
>>28661468
>OP is a species of faggots
>>
>>28661484
Honestly, shitposting aside, do you really think Passimian looks like a Capuchin monkey more than the lemur in OP's post?
>>
>>28660121
I'm going to assume you're a denialfag trying to justify why you still don't believe the Chinese leak, so I'm going to clarify something

Do you have any idea how many normal everyday average people will call a lemur a monkey? probably 70-80%
>>
>>28661606
Honestly, I think it goes either way. The fact that it carries a "ball" made me think it's a Capuchin, since they are known to throw things.
>>
>>28661707
Doesn't make it right.

Why perpetuate retardation?
>>
>>28661758
I really wish I could reach through the screen and slap common sense into you people.

It doesn't look anything like a Capuchin monkey.
Lots of primates "throw things". That's such an unreasonable justification for your opinion.
>>
>Implying lemurs are monkeys
>>
>>28660493
Lemurs literally aren't monkeys, though.
>>
>>28661282
Sure, English names are always perfectly accurate! BEEdrill is a bee and totally not a wasp, right?
>>
Just so some of you guys know lemurs are prosimians, that means they are primates, which means it is kinda understandable that some people will confuse them with monkeys (just like the leaker did), how many times did you guys saw someone say that a gorilla is a monkey for example?
>>
>>28661356
Bait?

Lemur, loris, aye aye are primates but not monkeys.
>>
File: 1474162669221.jpg (40KB, 406x395px) Image search: [Google]
1474162669221.jpg
40KB, 406x395px
>people taking the bait
>>
>>28660155
Came here to say this.
>>
>>28661297
My mother tongue has no distinctive words for apes and monkeys, so I always assumed that "ape" and "monkey" are just synonyms in English. I learned only quite recently that they are used for different groups of primates.
>>
>>28661485
>Not naming it Zoboomafoo
>>
>>28662042
I'll just have to catch two, I loved that when I was little but I always forget about it. I always thought it was spelled zabumafoo
>>
>>28660121
wtf? Is a primate playing Rugby with a monkey-like name not enough to convince you that it's the Rugby Monkey mentioned in the leaks? Really?
>>
>>28661282
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosimian
You first, bud
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 512x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 512x600px
If anyone used google, you'd see the the phylogenic difference between a monkey and a lemur is kinda like the difference between a dolphin and an orca

This doesn't debunk the rugby monkey leak though.
>>
>>28662195
>If anyone used google, you'd see the the phylogenic difference between a monkey and a lemur is kinda like the difference between a dolphin and an orca
That's wrong. Orcas belong to the same family as dolphins, hell, orcas ARE dolphins.
Lemurs form several families on their own and belong to totally different suborder than all monkey (and ape) families.
The better comparison would be the difference between dogs and cats.
>>
>>28661185
You must've taken a logic course. I like your thinking
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.