[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amiibo in Sun and Moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: pokemonamiibo.jpg (233KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonamiibo.jpg
233KB, 1280x720px
While we're waiting for the trailer, let's talk about amiibo, /vp/. How will they be implemented in Sun/Moon? What are your hopes? Expectations?

Personally hoping they generate the Pokemon in our game instead of just unlocking clothes and skins, but I'm prepared to be let down. Would be pretty neat if we could EV train them in Smash.
>>
Unlocking clothing inspired by that Pokemon would be way cooler than just giving you another Pikachu, etc.
>>
We've already seen the box art, just has the standard Nintendo Network logo on it, no amiibo logo.

If there were functionality we'd know by now. Game Freak is just really incompetent and uptight with amiibo, whatever.
>>
>Scan them in
>Get a 'Rental' Pokemon based on their Smash moveset with decent IVs/Nature that you can use but can't trade away or permanently have
>comes with hold item that you can keep ie Light Ball from Pikachu, Charizardite X/equivalent item from Charizard

Might be neat. I'd settle for costumes/fashion items too honestly.
>>
>>28649485

As long as they don't unlock non-cosmetic content that you can't get in some other way, I'm fine with anything. So far Nintendo has been pretty good about Amiibo unlocks, so I'm optimistic.
>>
Is Sun and Moon confirmed to be compatible with Amiibo?
>>
>>28649541
Confirmed not. Which is a good thing.
>>
>>28649640

More like speculated not. Let's not jump to conclusions quite yet.
>>
>>28649674
We've seen the box art, there's no amiibo logo, and typically that's the thing they shove in your face as soon as possible.

The only Pokemon game that uses amiibo is Pokken, and that wasn't even Game Freak, and the functionality was cheap cosmetics and free money.

Pokemon is its "own" thing and has been for years, Nintendo probably lets them bypass the "your game has to have amiibo functionality" quota on those grounds, which TPCi is more than fine with because they're so uptight about letting Pokemon cameo in other games which is literally one of the appeals of amiibo.
>>
>>28649515
When Splatoon's boxart was revealed, it didn't have the amiibo logo either
>>
>>28649809
EAD. This is TPC/Game Freak, no correlation.
>>
>>28649674
Anon when the TTL gimmick the games have uses QR and not Amiibo it's pretty clear it won't use Amiibo
>>
>>28649794

All true, and all good evidence. But that's not "confirmation." It's speculation. Reasoned, well-supported speculation, but still speculation. Amiibo is still fairly new and priorities can change, and box art might not be final. You're probably right, but it's not confirmed until either Gamefreak says there's no Amiibo support, or the games are out.
>>
>>28649520
>Getting Greninjite from Greninja
>>
File: ha.gif (754KB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
ha.gif
754KB, 300x166px
>>28649485
>GF releases amiibo cards for every Pokemon and figures for some popular ones
>If you scan them all you unlock a new Pokemon which is necessary to complete the dex
>>
>Tap a Link Amiibo in Sun/Moon.
>Get Link's Clothing to wear in Sun/Moon.
>Tap a Lucario Amiibo.
>Become a Furry.
>>
>>28651142

>Scan Lucario for blue baggy shorts.
>>
>Random EGG per amiibo each day
>>
>>28649485
My hopes if Pokemon main games where to ever do Ammibos, I'd hope for pokeballs, and not figurines or cards. Pokeballs are more practical for uploading your mons onto them. Even if it's only one pokemon, or 3 wouldn't be terrible. This would be a nice way to implement your handheld pokemon onto a console game (Via stadium; Colloseum) other than bank.
>>
>>28650101
I'd buy them
Hell I have every Pokemon amiibo so if they made every Pokemon an amiibo I'd be throwing money at them
>>
>>28651142
>Scan Mario/luigi
>get a silly hat WITH an optional silly nose with mustache
>get corresponding overalls too
>>
>>28651142
>Tap sonic
>all your pokemon get maxed out speed EVs and IVs
>>
>>28649485
My hopes are they do nothing with amiibos.
>>
>>28651243
>scanning amiibo for just getting stuff
That's lame as fuck, make them e-reader battles.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.