[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ultra Beasts are pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

File: NbNn84y.png (577KB, 792x463px) Image search: [Google]
NbNn84y.png
577KB, 792x463px
>Pokemon from distant worlds
>Either randomly talking about Clefairy and Deoxys or is talking about one of the biggest new features of this game: Ultra Beasts
>POKEMON from other worlds
>>
>>28643573
Or it's just a hyperbole for other regions. Like how people refer to Eurasia as the Old World and The Americas as the New world.
>>
this is a trio, Beasts trio
>>
>>28643679
It would have said other regions of that were the case, like every other bit of NPC dialogue.

That said, there's still no 100% confirmation on just what Ultra Beasts even are. We probably won't even know if they're Pokemon/catchable or not until the demo is out at the very least.
>>
>>28643573
I definitely think you're on to something, but that doesn't necessarily prove anything. Maybe the Aether Foundation opens the portals believing they can learn about Pokémon from other worlds, only to open the door to the Ultra Beasts. It fits with the Li'l Lovecraft vibe with the Ultra Beasts.
>>
does it honestly matter if pokemon are from a different world than the pre-established pokemon world? pokemon already come from a different world than ours.
>>
>>28643679
S T O P
T H A T

Every single mention to other regions always uses the word "region" and not "worlds".
>>
Maybe Aether made them, so they try to force the "they're pokemon you guise!" Meme
>>
damn just look at that

>self important
>that pose

thats a villain alright
>>
>>28643573
Why would she be talking about this if it's obvious she's beauty?
>>
>worthy of my love
she talks like a villain
>>
>>28643845
Spanish trailer use "regiones" ("regions") so...
Someone learn japanese?
>>
>>28643713
>>28643845
not that guy but the fact that she says "far from the Alola region" instead of "far from our world/universe" probably means in terms of distance and not dimensions
>>
might also play into the invasive species angle if she wants to bring over pokemon from anywhere to Alola
>>
>>28643573
>/vp/ doesn't know hyperbole
That's like saying you'll kill EVERYONE when you're really angry.
>>
She's talking about pokemon transferred via pokebank. Anyone but an asspulling faggot can see that.
>>
>>28643573
>Aliens are pokemon
>God is a pokemon
yeah, UB will likely be pokemon as well
>>
>>28643573
Personally, I think she actually IS talking about Ultra Beasts.

I also think she is fucking wrong.
>Hurf durf the villain of the game said a thing so it must be accurate
Oh and I guess Archie was right to try and flood the planet, right? She's the villain. She thinks she can control them and she can't and that's how shit hits the fan in the games.
>>
different versions are different "worlds"

remember black and white?

IT
ALL
COMES
TOGETHER
>>
>>28644418
>Oh and I guess Archie was right to try and flood the planet, right?
wtf are you talking about?
>>
File: leaf guy with a book.jpg (69KB, 620x522px) Image search: [Google]
leaf guy with a book.jpg
69KB, 620x522px
>I've heard that in another world, there's another Opelucid City that looks very futuristic.

>I've heard that in another world, there's another Opelucid City that looks very old-timey.

different worlds=different versions

it all comes together
>>
>>28643573
I think they're another dimension's version of Pokémon. Instead of Pokémon, they capture and train Ultra Beasts.
>>
>>28644045
How much do you want to bet that most people pronounce it "hyper bowl"
>>
>>28644608
>implying Ultra Beasts don't train and capture people
>Pokemon and humans shared some common connection early on, as shown by folktales saying how people and humans used to marry/etc
>some event caused humans to take advantage of Pokemon leading to our games/world
>in some other world Pokemon took the advantage and did the same as us
>we could theoretically capture UBs but they have the technology to do the same to us
>>
Deoxys and Clefairy are from space
>>
>>28643879
>Meme
You need to take a break from this site and stop using Reddit.
>>
>>28643679
Obviously it is as used literally, but the entire line's only there as an obvious foreshadow of the UB.
>>
>ultra beasts are pokemon
No they aren't you pendejo son of a bitch.
>>
They're not listed as Pokemon on the official site so they aren't. No Pokemon battles, no catching them. They are just NPCs. End of story.
>>
File: 4.jpg (37KB, 670x402px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
37KB, 670x402px
>>28643573

I strongly doubt it, Ultra Beasts are likely extradimensional beings from a parallel universe that exist beyond the known universes such as Temporal World, the Spatial World, Ghost World and Distortion World.
>>
>>28645173
It's not the end of the story since the game is not out. The site also doesn't mention that Aether is villainous, even though that's highly likely. Some things will be left a surprise. We don't know what the UBs are.
>>
File: UqaKF8B.jpg (33KB, 517x324px) Image search: [Google]
UqaKF8B.jpg
33KB, 517x324px
>>28644976

Yes.

Pokémon are extraterrestrial life forms from space
>>
>>28644007
Well would you call an alternate dimension close? If I were a villain pretending to be a good guy who had to allude to my plot without giving it away, that is the exact wording I would use. Just enough to put the idea in the player's mind without giving them exact confirmation.
>>
>>28644007

distance "World's".

Such as Far away Planets light-years away from Earth.
>>
>>28645227
>Muh anything can happen argument

We know they're not Pokemon.
>>
>>28645333
Followed by "far from the alola region" in other words its hyperbole.
>>
>>28645347
No we don't.
>But they're not under Pokemon on the website.
Tapu Koko and Magearna aren't under Legendary Pokemon either. Are you gonna argue that they aren't legendary?
>>
>>28645333
What a waste of trips.
Its clearly a regional distance as suggested by the follow up.

Its also foreshadowing that these are in fact not pokemon as they seemingly don't accept them with open arms from what we've seen.
>>
>>28643573
...does her covered eye look lazy to anyone else
>>
>>28645522
They're also listed under pokemon. Also Magearna isn't a legendary Pokémon but rather mythical.
As for Tapu Koko, we have no idea what it technically is.
>>
>>28645492

distance Worlds ≠ distance regions.
>>
>>28645522
Magearna is a mythical and Tapu Koko isn't a legendary, it is an island deity.
>>
>>28645546

I doubt that.

distance regions ≠ disance worlds
>>
>>28644418
Archie never wanted to flood the planet. He just wanted to expand the seas. Kyogre overdid it and tried to flood the world.

It's like pouring salt on your food but the cap is undone and it spills everywhere.
>>
>>28645173
t. retard
>>
>>28645587
>>28645622
English isn't your first language is it. "Worlds" doesn't just refer to heavenly bodies you idiot and judging by the rest of her line there she didn't mean it in that way.
>>
With the strong likelihood that there are connections between UB-01, UB-02, Lillie, and Lusamine (same poses, hairstyles, UB-01 and Lillie sharing the sun hat), isn't it more likely that they're some form of Chimera? Type: Null is clearly a Chimera made from all three starters and Rockruff, isn't it more plausible that the goal of the evil team, in this case most likely the Aether Foundation with their advanced technology, is to find some way to unlock the hidden potential of fusing with Pokemon? Ash's Greninja is confirmed to appear in this game, which is a fusion of sorts. Why couldn't these Ultra Beasts be Chimera that have attained dimension-bending powers?
>>
File: AU9vb1R.png (137KB, 788x294px) Image search: [Google]
AU9vb1R.png
137KB, 788x294px
>>28645676

That's the case. Then two Hoenn exist in the same universe on the same planet
>>
>>28643573
she's talking about aliums

like Deoxys and LGM
>>
>>28645812
worlds refers to each separate version

they've used this exact phrasing before in opelucid city, in black and white

>>28644573
>>
>>28645656
>It's a I don't have a counter argument so I'll just call you a retard episode

Underage aren't supposed to post here, anon.
>>
>>28645791
I'm still on the imprint possibility myself. It doesn't seem like Aether have anything to do with the beasts themselves
>>
>>28645837

I know ORAS and RSE are in two different universe from each other.
>>
>>28644418
>She's the villain

proof?
>>
>>28645846
Wouldn't that be the point? Game Freak is presenting Aether Foundation as being the "good guys" to intentionally distract anyone from making connections. Lille and UB-01 are not seen at the same time, UB-02 and Lusamine are not seen at the same time. Both look immensely similar to their human "counterparts", and it's clear that Aether wants to protect Pokemon, who's to say they won't go full Plasma and try to protect them "at any cost"? Creating a Pokemon/Human Chimera would give the Aether Foundation the power to do what Cyrus and Ghetsis imagined, to create a separate dimension that Pokemon could be freed to. If Colress is as connected as he seems to the Aether Foundation in ideology and design, who's to say that the Aether Foundation wouldn't share the same or similar views as Plasma?
>>
>>28645812
And how does that back up your argument?
No one said alternate worlds didn't exist just thay Lusamine wasn't talking about alternate worlds in particular.

In any case that has no relation to the Ultra Beasts as it is. Oh and instead of being a true alternate world it's more implied to be a divergent timeline.
>>
>>28645676

Nah. She's talking about distant worlds.

As in far away Planets light-years away from Earth.
>>
All you childrens need to go back to elementary school and learn you what constitutes an animal.
>>
>>28645945
And what you you have to back that up other than the single use of "worlds" seeing as the following text confirms the scale ISN'T as you say.
>>
File: apapanew-mosquitop.jpg (42KB, 550x374px) Image search: [Google]
apapanew-mosquitop.jpg
42KB, 550x374px
So from what we know so far.
Aether wants to share love with pokemon or even UB's that are from somewhere that is far off.
Aether has members named after invasive plants that fuck up Pacific islands. The locals (trial captains, hau, kukui, etc). seem to have names based on plants that got polynesian names/ were liked in old Hawaii.

Team skull has names based on plants that were brought to Hawaii that help the economy via export for decorations or are just used in local landscaping.

Hawaii, being an island, has several ecological threats to go along with its isolated beauty due to people thinking that they could bring things over for multiple purposes.
To beautify the state, bring over cool pets, accidental introduction, money, food, to get rid of other pests, or to replace animals that were forced into the mountains.

All the UB's currently could follow a few patterns from what they're based on.

Invasives, because they are invading from another dimension, and they're all possibly based on species that are invasive to Hawaii.
Mosquito's for killing the birds up to around 2000ft. Plus fuck mosquito bites.
Roaches for being a sign of poor sanitation/ fuck the flying ones.
Jellyfish 4/5 of the common shallow water species are thought to have come from shipping ballast or hull fouling. Plus, they don't have as many natural checks here.

They could be based on pests for similar reasons. Jellyfish swarms closing beaches would be an added reason for this theory. Albeit it's usually the native box jellies doing this. Portugese Man o Wars as well, but those are hydroids.

Invertebrates, due to the current trend.

I don't like the plankton theory since absorption doesn't really have anything in common with the proposed species, and roaches are depicted as h-hayai! all the time. Plus the roach is pretty and the mosquito isn't a frail fuck, so it's like an opposite of the common depictions.
>>
>>28645210
>Cyrus finally made his own world
>Its inhabited by UBs he created
>He starts his revenge
>Cyrus is the true villain
>>
>>28643679
I never understood why they were called regions in the first place.
I mean I get it for the first three since they're part of Japan, but are Unova, Kalos and Alola in the same country as Kanto/Johto/Hoenn?

If not, why the hell do we call them regions?
>>
>>28646049

I doubt that.
>>
>>28646001

do you have proof?
>>
>>28646109
You doubt anything that doesn't match your head canon huh Richard.
>>
>>28646165

I don't do head canon.
I told you that.
>>
>>28645943

I said she's referencing far away Planets.
>>
>>28646029
Don't forget that it's more than just helping.
Lusamine wants to be the "mother" of all Pokemon.
>Khaleesi Mother of Dragons Mother of Slaves
That doesn't mean she's good. But it does show her desire to stand at the top of the world.
>>
>>28644641
I know better than this and I was doing it until you pointed it out. gdi.
>>
>>28645210

This is what I believe. I'm getting a parallel world from how they are showing off Ultra beasts. Specifically when both UB2s came into play. Their likeness share close to Aether's leader and Team Skull's Enforcer visually yet function more robotic or inhuman as far as we seen them.

My guess is that Ultra beasts are the further evolution of humans or a species that reached said point of evolution in place of humans.
>>
>>28646301

I don't know what they are.

They are mysterious creatures to me.
>>
>>28643573
Aren't Clefairy confirmed to be an alien Pokemon that crashed landed onto the planet? And let's not forget the pokemon from alternative dimensions and actual space-faring Pokemon. If Ultra Beasts are Pokemon, they would outright tell us that already.
>>
>>28646165

Palkia is known to the creator of parallel dimensions.

If Anyone created a parallel universe then Palkia did.
>>
>>28646401
No. That's just pure speculation based on their moon dance rituals. As for the others Dialga, Palkia and Giratina technically were formed in the regular poke verse by arceus before they went on to govern their own realms and such.

I think Hoopa is the only one we don't know the details of.
>>
>>28644007
This
>>
>>28645623
>Archie never wanted to flood the planet
>He just wanted to expand the seas
>Thinking you can expand the sea without flooding the land
wat
>>
>>28646268
There's a story about a group of housewives got together, and they were sad that there was no longer any bird song in the lowlands after the Mosquitos forced the native songbirds into the mountains. This was a bit after contact, but long before biology was understood well enough that what they were about to do would fuck shit up. They studied along with some scientists to find songbirds that might do well in Hawaii in order to fill the silence. They ran campaigns and even had a schoolchildren sponsor a bird kind of deal. They eventually got the funding and released birds from across the pacific, Asia, and Americas. A vast number of the species couldn't settle and fully establish a foothold, but those that did replaced the former birds and all but barred them from moving back down. Plus some also made it to the mountains to compete up there as well, which spread the avian malaria vector upward a bit.
Some good came from it. There's a small colony of Mariana swiftlets here that are critically endangered over there along with a few other examples, but the bad outweighs the good.

That one controlling line Lusamine said about loving mons from everywhere and the vibe of Aether in general just remind me of this story. Well intentioned and motherly, yet way over their heads with a not really savior complex, but they think they're right and clueless that they aren't. I'm not even trying to be /pol/ or nativist here, as soon as Lusamine said that line, I was reminded of that story. Ironically, something like aether paradise would be like a godsend for the native species. Completely enclosed, isolated, and climate controlled.
This is all of course ignoring the whole rescue Pokemon from team skull angle as well as the it's a pokemon game you autist angle.
>>
>>28646875
what if team skull is the one doing the rescuing?
>>
>>28643573
>hair clipping through arms
g-gross
>>
Obviously they Are Pokemon, pokemon of the 8th generación
>>
>>28643573
ultra beasts are from other DIMENSIONS not worlds
>>
>>28646905
I'd say probably due to the naming scheme as well as th fact that I like them more than aether.
>>
>ORAS and RSE are in different timelines
>in ORAS you catch Deoxys in space
>no Battle Frontier in ORAS
>Deoxys helped gather funds and create Pokemon for the Battle Frontier

It all comes together.
>>
File: Elesh-Norn.png (152KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Elesh-Norn.png
152KB, 265x370px
Deepest lore
>>
>>28647822
>ORAS and RSE are in different timelines
>Almost every non-event legendary is catchable in ORAS
>Game Corner is shut down in ORAS
>The Game Corner owner was a closet legendary collector
>In the alternate universe, he was bankrupted and forced to sell off his legendary Pokemon, who were too strong for their buyers and escaped into Hoenn

It all comes together.
>>
>>28648154
I fucking hate Gamefreak.
>>
>>28647901

I see.
>>
>>28648218

I don't.

Game freak holds complete authority over everything in Pokémon existence.

Game freak is omniscient and omnipotent
>>
File: 1474151132729.jpg (232KB, 1501x1956px) Image search: [Google]
1474151132729.jpg
232KB, 1501x1956px
>>28643573
I'm pretty sure Ultra Beasts are just very recently discovered Pokémon and they classify them as something else for the time being

People are blowing this out of proportion saying they're ''something else'' other than Pokémon. They're just glorified legendaries

Also Muscquitto best boi
>>
>>28646562
Never said he didn't think it through. He was an idiot for not realizing it would end up that way, but he never meant to cause actual destruction.
>>
>>28643573
>people unironically think this is referring to ultra beasts, and not the legendaries of the upcoming gen 4 remakes
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.