[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you do to make a Pokemon boss fight more interesting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 68a29ef21db473d7a3c2b36f6e22f.jpg (382KB, 1291x1177px) Image search: [Google]
68a29ef21db473d7a3c2b36f6e22f.jpg
382KB, 1291x1177px
What would you do to make a Pokemon boss fight more interesting?
>>
Boss knocks down your bag. No longer able to use items.
>>
>>28640405
Probably what they're trying to do with ultra beasts.

Hopefully they aren't glorified pokemon battles where you can knock the mon out in 2 turns because the AI is retarded and has weak shit.

For the sake of the BOSS fight let them have over inflated stats so it feels like an actual fight.
>>
>>28640405
Multiple HP bars.
Multiple Targets, kinda like the Totem Pokemon idea.

Also, if you know the Artists name, could you share? ily
>>
>>28640405
strip battle
>>
>>28640405
Getting stat boosts is cool
>>
Give everyone a gun XD
>>
>>28640405
Make a pokémon Stronger than the others who can call it's pre-evolution in the fight.
Wait...
>>
>>28640405
You fight along side your Pokemon and the boss has super high HP and you have to not let your Pokemon get knocked out
>>
>>28640405
>A lot of HP so they can't be knocked out within a few turns
>One or two weaknesses, if any weaknesses at all
>More moves/abilities/options than normal Pokemon
>Multiple phases
Essentially, a boss in any other RPG. Each boss should have something unique about them though, think the Septentriones from Devil Survivor 2.
>>
>>28640416
it's mgq all over again
>>
>1st, 2nd and hidden ability all active
>huge increase to HP
> all other stats increased
>perma weather or terrain set up
>other Pokemon help it and are replaced a turn after they get KO
>>
>>28640405
environmental changes, quick establishing cut scenes and a bit of dialogue
>>
Make it a triple battle against a generic JRPG style boss with overinflated health, overpowered AoE attacks and numerous status immunities.
>>
>>28640405

6vs1 JRPG battle that goes over 2 hours and requires actual strategy and team balancing to win
>>
>>28640405
>game reset
>>
>>28641581
they said more interesting, not "how would you make it so a functioning adult never plays a pokemon game again?" I've got shit to do.
>>
3v1 Battle, scaled up to be strong enough to not get insta-rekt. Regular team-wipe attacks. Self heal.
>>
>>28640446
>Multiple HP bars
I just had a traumatic flashback to the Kingdom Hearts fight vs Maleficent when she has like 5 layers of hp bars
>>
>Trainer only able to use starter
>Z/Mega bracelets broken
>Bag fell off
>Boss has 3 Pokemon
>Gengar
>Garchomp
>Fug

>Theme that plays during the battle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aWyb1S0f7I
>>
>>28642608
>he didnt fight sephiroth
>>
>>28642687
It's a shame the fanbase knows what should happen more than the devs.
>>
>>28642770
Shit, clicked my own post, Im a fucking tard.
Meant to click>>28640405
>>
>>28640446
I've always wanted really absurd boss fights where the life bar is red circles connected instead of Pokeball slots.

So after ~200 HP of damage it would move on to the next "Pokemon" and change form or get angrier or whatever.

Just a way to recycle the UI assets and maintain thematic cohesion. Then some batshit crazy secret final boss with 6 health bars haha...
>>
File: 714002.jpg (5KB, 192x199px) Image search: [Google]
714002.jpg
5KB, 192x199px
>>28640405
>[!]
>Walks up
>You were in my line of sight so we must battle!
>DEW DEEEEW DEEEEEEW DUN
>Trainer LASS wants to battle
>Trainer LASS sent out CATERPIE
>Go! Starter!
>What will Starter do?
>Starter used Flamethrower!
>Its super effective!
>CATERPIE FAINTED
>Starter gained EXP
>Trainer LASS is about to send out CATERPIE
>Will you switch pokemon?
>No
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oVvn9nLeYs
>Trainer LASS sent out BEEDRILL
>Trainer LASS sent out VILEPLUME
>Trainer LASS sent out TENTACRUEL
>Trainer LASS sent out BEEDRILL
>Trainer LASS sent out STARMIE
>Trainer LASS sent out WEEDLE
>Trainer LASS sent out GOLEM
>Trainer LASS sent out GOLEM
>Trainer LASS sent out MEW
>Oh no! It's a Monster House!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.