[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck does Play Rough work? Do you playfully bash the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: 300px-Play_Rough.png (59KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Play_Rough.png
59KB, 300x180px
How the fuck does Play Rough work?
Do you playfully bash the other pokemon's skull to solid concrete or something?

Ingame Description:
"The user plays rough with the target and attacks it. This may also lower the target's Attack stat."

Seriously why the fuck can "playing rough" have more BP than pure Strength to move boulders or Crunching others with massive jaws? and with additional attack decrease to boot
>>
>>28635382
>How the fuck does Play Rough work?

Go watch a documentary about big cats and pay attention to the babbys.
>>
>>28635382
I kinda took it to imply roughhousing or something along those lines.
Your Pokemon just pounces on the opponent, messing with it, biting him, chewing on his ear and tail before running off.
>>
>>28635382
Did you ever read Of Mice And Men? You know how Lennie wants to pet the rabbits but when he finally does he snaps their necks and backs because he's a retard who doesn't know his own strength?

That's it. That's Play Rough. All physically-powerful Fairy types are just retards with super strength.
>>
>>28635478
>That's it. That's Play Rough. All physically-powerful Fairy types are just retards with super strength.

>absol
>beartic
>delcatty
>illumise
>volbeat
>lillipup

Pokemon is pretty dumb but Play Rough is just outright retarded
>>
File: Khan.gif (1MB, 608x360px) Image search: [Google]
Khan.gif
1MB, 608x360px
>>28635382
>Play rough: 90BP
>Lava plume: 80BP
>'Playing rough' somehow does more damage than chucking lava on your opponent
>>
>>28635382

The name of the move in some languages is Cuddle and Caress.
>>
>>28635478
He never gets the rabbits, dumbass. He pets and kills mice and puppies.
>>
As someone who ran mono-fairy the entire time through X.... I always found Play Rough to be hilariously badly named.
>>
>>28635382
Its japanese name is Frolic. Also use Play Rough on Porygon2 and you will see what does the move really do.
>>
>>28635382
The German description of the move says that the user crawls up the victim's anus and gnaws on their internal organs from the inside, but I think that's a mistranslation.
>>
>>28636159
He pets them in the story George tells.
>>
More importantly why is it the only physical fair move worth a shit but it has a 90% accuracy rate? It makes it really hard to run physical fairy pokemon like slurpuff.
>>
>>28638229
GF hates physical pokemon. It's why lowering the opponent's attack is so much easier than lowering their special attack.
>>
>>28636871
Oh, how edgy. The other kids at Hot Topic must love you.
>>
File: Asterix.Bagarre..jpg (248KB, 1300x446px) Image search: [Google]
Asterix.Bagarre..jpg
248KB, 1300x446px
>>28635382
>>
>Fairy types
>ever making thematic, aesthetic or mechanical sense
When will you learn? GF has no idea what they were doing when they made this meme type.
>>
>>28638440
It's a reasonable assumption. Pokemon "play" to breed.
>>
>>28635646
>Beartic

One of these things is not like the other
>>
>>28638398
Yeah, which is why Nasty Plot has way higher distribution than Swords Dance- oh wait.
>>
File: IMG_4971.gif (1MB, 200x147px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4971.gif
1MB, 200x147px
>>28638487
>>
>>28638525
You're looking at the wrong side of the thing.
>Tons of abilities that punish contact
>Burn
>Intimidate
>Most defensive pokemon are high defense, low special defense
>Moves that lower attack have better distribution than moves that lower special attack
>Special moves are more reliable than physical moves of the same type while having the same or better base power
>>
>>28638398
>GF hates physical pokemon
>Every single competitive scene is filled with nothing but physical offensive Pokemon

Also, all of you are dumb for not understanding what Play Rough is.
>>
It's just like how your gf asks you to finger her ass and/or choke her a little mate.

It hurts but in a fun way
>>
>>28635952
>Solarbeam is a grass type
>A sun burn does more damage than throwing lava at your opponent

Pick your battles, kid, pokemon isnt meant to be smart, everytime you think youve made a point I will be there to cal l you a retarded faggot that needs to stop skipping school.
>>
>>28638815
>Every single competitive scene is filled with nothing but physical offensive Pokemon
This is like arguing that D&D 3.5 is not stilted against martials because most groups are composed primarily or solely of martials.
>>
>>28638887
Solar beam is a kameha, tho. a sun burn would be obtained from sunny day, which deals no damage.
>>
File: 1473692292179.png (216KB, 530x544px) Image search: [Google]
1473692292179.png
216KB, 530x544px
I have no idea how you don't understand what is happening during this move.
You have cute and playful fairy type and then they "play" like for example lions do, by fighting a bit.

or
>>28638822
Tie her up, choke her a bit... you play rough
>>
>>28638482
Your lack of understanding is a meme at this point.
>>
>>28638990
What is her looking at?
>>
>>28635952
lava plume is called smoke burst in japan
>>
>>28638990
>then they "play" like for example lions do, by fighting a bit.

That's not vague at all.
>>
>>28639125

What does "playing rough" have to do with fairies? This move would make more sense if it was Normal-type.
>>
File: smugdiancie.png (281KB, 600x950px) Image search: [Google]
smugdiancie.png
281KB, 600x950px
>>28638482
>ever making thematic, aesthetic or mechanical sense
Fairies come in 3 catagories:
-Trickster oriented(covers the playful to assholic nature of fairies)
-Nature oriented(covers the flora to moon association of fairies)
-Folktale oriented(covers the cultural viewpoints to mythological ideas of fairies)
Hope this will tone down your confusion with this type.
>>
Play Rough's namesake is related to Play Nice. I thought that was obvious.
>>
I thought Play Rough was the fairy pokemon fighting in a way that doesn't seem serious, so the other pokemon holds back leading to the attack drop, but the fairy doesn't know it's own tard strength and fucks it up.
>>
Anyone have an idea what a mon does when using Return?
>>
>>28640772

Return is just a hard tackle and the more your pokemon loves you the harder it tries
>>
>>28640772
It returns to you so you, the trainer, can punch his opponent the fuck out. This is why, the more you care about the pokemon, the harder you punch your opponent.
>>
>>28640580
>mythcucks still holding onto to their delusion that fairy is a myth type
>>
>>28640772
they "return your love", if you catch my drift
>>
>>28638482
Most types have very broad or undefined types.
Dragons can be basically anything, ghosts aren't necessarilly dead, dark ranges from mischief to evil, grass includes mushrooms and bug includes arachnides and things like that.

Most confusing type is probably fighting, it ranges from martial arts to street thugs.
>>
>>28640879
Back when I was a kid, I remember asking someone 'so why is there a fighting type? All pokemon fight'
>>
>>28638924
It's not a fucking kamahameha idiot, it's a concentration of sunlight.
>>
>>28640199
>lava plume is called smoke burst in japan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvjwt9nnwXY
>>
>>28638505
you're right, Beartic is the only one without an L in its name
>>
>>28640975
It's more like a spirit bomb really
>>
>>28635478
he snaps that neck of that one bitch
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.