[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Pokemon games too easy or is it just me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_o86naoHOdV1rhkgyno1_500.png (166KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o86naoHOdV1rhkgyno1_500.png
166KB, 500x500px
Why are Pokemon games too easy or is it just me?
>>
>>28634037
the franchise never was hard anon
>>
It's just you, don't worry
>>
It's a children's game not a complicated RPG
>>
>>28634037
>is is just me or is this game made for children too easy?
>>
>>28634037
It's for kids.
>>
A bit of both. It's easy cause it's made for kids, it's you because you've likely gotten better over time.

But I don't really mind. I just enjoy the team building aspect and checking out a new region.
>>
File: Blue.png (75KB, 765x575px) Image search: [Google]
Blue.png
75KB, 765x575px
>>28634037

Reminder that this was Generation I's Champion.
>>
File: 1474168579981.jpg (54KB, 770x534px) Image search: [Google]
1474168579981.jpg
54KB, 770x534px
>>28636525
>3 moves
>>
>>28636771
To be fair there's a number of Pokemon that get better with fewer moves.
>>
>>28636525
>that rhydon
>that arcanine
>3 moves
>>
>>28636525
top kek
>>
>>28636525
please tell me how im supposed to beat a whirlwind pidgeotto
>>
>>28634037
Games become easier with experience.

I made the mistake of playing Final Fantasy again as an adult who plays a lot of RPGs, and hoo boy did it seem like one of the easiest RPGs ever...
>>
>>28636848
FF7*
>>
>>28636796

The only possible reason to have fewer moves is Trump Card or an Assist-based team.
>>
>>28634037
Nah, it's just the right difficult level for kids. Even more so now, though, since games are believed to have gotten easier overall (with exceptions, of course).
>>
Say what else you want about Gen 5, but the fact that they even HAD difficulty levels was an improvement.
>>
>>28636525
The movesets are compensating for the 25 or so levels under that your pokemon would be if you didn't grind.

Then there's that retard the other day that was complaining that the elite four were impossible, so there's people who suck THAT much.

Looking at things in a vacuum must be fun.
>>
>>28638076
Or so the rudimentary AI running on a CPU apt for a calculator picks the moves you want it to pick.
>>
>>28639101
Hey retard, those moves are that way because of how literally every trainer's Pokémon is coded to have the last 4 moves it learns at that level. They weren't custom tailored for shit
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.