[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why did it calm down?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: le mem.png (768KB, 1456x418px) Image search: [Google]
le mem.png
768KB, 1456x418px
why did it calm down?
>>
therapy
>>
File: eyessugi.png (125KB, 751x263px) Image search: [Google]
eyessugi.png
125KB, 751x263px
you tell me
>>
>>28613806
Because with increased global knowledge of the series as a whole and it being marketed internationally and in many countries that are touchy about pretty much everything it's impossible to pull off the 'awe-filled journey with mystery monsters' so they've moved away from the intimidating monsters and into the friendly monsters.
It's good for breaking into new markets, it's good because new kids are born in a world where Pokemon already exists and presenting it like they're scary monsters would be patronising to them and it's good because it lets them focus more on slamming hot concepts and less on making monstrous monsters.
And also trends in children's media.
>>
>>28615804
More than half of the "now" ones are still angry eyes
>>
>>28615939
theyre not cool angry eyes though
>>
>>28615804
Look at all that wannabe tori on the left.
>>
After he got an ability, he realized there was no reason to be upset.

>>28615804
Is this suposed to be good or bad? he grew up with the world, DBZ eyes are a thing from the 90s. When the Unova remakes roll out, the common Pokemon eyes will probably be something else as well.
>>
>>28615804
I'm confused. So half of gen 1 Pokemon reuse the same eyes while only 15 of the other 600 or so Pokemon share a similar eye type? Is that what you're trying to show us?
>>
Dugtrio started losing its eyebrows in Gen II and then weirdly enough could be found with them off and on up until Gen 6 completely removed them. It's the FR/LG art's fault probably, got to stay consistent.
>>
>>28615804
cherrypicking
>>
>>28615804
>A large amount of gen 1 Pokemon have the same eyes

>A handful of Pokemon across the 6 other generations have similar eyes

???
>>
>>28615914
>dugtrio
>intimidating

I know that this is about the designs as a whole but the face that dugtrio of all things prompted this post
>>
>>28613806

Because Japs are faggots who prefer faggoty cute shit over aggressive and badass shit. That's why the anime became so gay too.
>>
File: 2136693-belberithb (1).png (1MB, 1445x1074px) Image search: [Google]
2136693-belberithb (1).png
1MB, 1445x1074px
>>28616990
If so why smt is so popular in japan?
>>
>>28616144
>>28616757
>>28616875
I don't think that picture is supposed to be a "this is better than this" comparison, I think it's just showing the art style change in eyes.
>>
>>28613806
It's not the worst-designed pokemon anymore.
>>
>>28613806
Thats not Dugtrio, Dugtrio died. Thats three Diglets.
>>
File: angry_happy_hedgehog.gif (501KB, 277x199px) Image search: [Google]
angry_happy_hedgehog.gif
501KB, 277x199px
it got fed
>>
>>28616990
Found the 14yo.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.