[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't they put this in ORAS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (49KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 320x240px
Why didn't they put this in ORAS?
>>
>>28613315
Yeah, this should have been a post game thing at the Hoenn Safari
I hope it returns in S/M
>>
>>28613315
wasn't in the original ruby and sapphire, of course not gonna be in ORAS...
>>
>>28613343
Neither was the battle maison or mega evolution yet they made it.
>>
I disliked the friend safari
>>
>>28613405
it's different... like the trick house was in the original and made it over. of course friend safari wouldn't
>>
>>28613315
Because it's garbage and the worst possible way to make the pokemon in question catchable.
Like the entire point of the PSS is that you can quickly and easily interact with people without having to add their codes, and then in the same game this shit comes where you must share your entire SYSTEM friend code with strangers. It's not an optional feature, considering the benefits and the fact that many pokemon are catchable ONLY in the FS. Then you have the fact that safaris are not created equal, you can randomly have a bad or a great safari (ditto), which will greatly impact the amount of people who want to be """friends""" with you.
>>
>>28613343
Safari zone wasn't in GSC

Sevii islands weren't in RGBY
>>
>>28613493
>it's garbage
>It's not an optional feature, considering the benefits

So it's garbage but too good to pass up?
>>
File: oprah.gif (1MB, 300x171px) Image search: [Google]
oprah.gif
1MB, 300x171px
>>28613343
>>
>>28613315
It was a bad feature. X and Y advertised being able to catch almost all the Pokémon, but so many Pokémon were friend Safari exclusive.
>>
>>28613493
I mean, it IS optional though.
>>
>>28613537
It was actually a really good feature though. Having guaranteed perfect IV pokemon for almost every pokemon in the game (Including Ditto) made breeding pretty easy.

HOWEVER, ORAS had Dexnav, which also let you catch improved IV pokemon, and didn't require you to hoard friends like a psycho. And now that SuMo is going to have Hyper Training, Friend Safari's main advantage is more or less gone. So yeah.

It WAS a good feature. Now it's redundant.
>>
Best thing about it was being able to catch starters in non-standard Poké Balls, otherwise who cares
>>
>>28613620
Friend Safari also had a significantly higher shiny rate, though, so there's that.
>>28613705
Also this
>>
>>28613315
Laziness.

I hope FS returns, it was nice to be able to waltz around in an area with the expectation that I'll get certain pokemon with decent IVs and HAs and a steady chance of shininess that you don't need the charm to get.
>>
>>28613507
not the same at all....
HGSS didnt have the underground from DP, because it wasn't in the original gold and silver. it's like that. why would ORAS get friend safari out of nowhere
>>
Dexnav was better in every way.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.