[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Sableye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: 302Sableye-Mega.png (715KB, 946x946px) Image search: [Google]
302Sableye-Mega.png
715KB, 946x946px
Everyone's least favorite sight to behold in Team Preview, Mega Sableye has singlehandedly revived Stall from obscurity after three-and-a-half generations of it being dead. It's the first bulky Magic Bounce user and lord is it just as powerful as everyone theorized it could be.

It doesn't get much use outside of Stall, but its existence makes Stall extremely hard to pressure. It's extremely hard to get hazards up unless you're running an unconventional hazard setter - such as Excadrill, Diancie, Clefable. It has an amazing typing, ability, movepool, recovery - there aren't many Pokemon that can reliably handle this thing in OU.

Sablenite was suspected once, but it was done in conjunction with Shadow Tag. What would you think of opening another suspect for Sablenite? Do you think this Mega is too good for its own good? Or do you think Stall becomes too irrelevant without it?
How would you balance it? Or do you think it doesn't need changing at all?
>>
>>28601679
>It doesn't get much use outside of Stall
That's not true at all, mega Sableye is extremely relevant in Battle Spot Doubles and Singles, where stall doesn't even exist.
>>
>>28601679
Two words, OP:
Play VGC
>>
>>28601711
No it's not you sub-1400 shitter
>>
>>28601711
>>28601745
>Mega Sableye is extremely relevant in Battle Spot
Why would you make shit up? It is not relevant in Battle Spot at all.

I never said it was broken. I said everyone hates playing against it.

>Play VGC
Two words, anon:
Fuck no.
>>
>>28601679
I jumped on the Mega Sableye bandwagon recently, and I can say without a doubt it might be one of the most fun Pokemon to use.
>>
>>28601964
I find it hard to use on balance. Tried using a CM set in early ORAS but it has the offensive presence of a wet newspaper.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=014i_7dk1YI&feature=youtu.be&t=1480
>>
>>28601999
I run an unconventional lineup because I prefer to mostly use mons that are my favorites or fun to use, so my regular team (on battle spot at least) isn't completely a stall team.

I'm kinda tired of showdown, it's boring. Even if I have to deal with Primals, Darkrai, Genies and Mega Fug sometimes it's still better than seeing the same Smogon builds over and over again.
>>
>>28602113
From the few times I played AG, I'm more sick of Darkrai than I am of anything else. I never want to see it again.
>>
>>28601679
Mega Sableye is fine. It breathes life into Pokemon troubled by Stealth Rock like Moltres or Yanmega considering it's the only bulky Magic Bouncer at the cost of a Mega slot. It doesn't need changing.

If you want to address stall, the real problem is Chansey (and by extension, Blissey). When you consider Skarmory can be broken on the physical side easily by whatever it's weak to, while Chansey doesn't even take 50 from the special side from
252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 192-228 (29.9 - 35.5%) -- 22.6% chance to 3HKO
then you know something is wrong. Stall would be much easier to deal with if the special side could be dealt with. I wouldn't mind if Chansey's next in line, should it be banned, were Mega Audino/Audino or Cresselia, since at least those are more passive than the copout of the defensive role afforded by Seismic Toss.
>>
File: file.png (19KB, 395x280px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
19KB, 395x280px
>>28602159
Chansey isn't the problem, it was BL in gen 5 even with Eviolite.
>>
>>28602155
Yeah, Darkrai is a real fucking pain. At least Dark Void is an 80 accuracy move. The Primals are slow, but Darkrai is harder to deal with than Mega Fug.
>>
>>28602210
We're not in gen 5
>>
>>28601679
>is it just as powerful as everyone theorized it could be.

Fucking lel, what?

Everyone said it would be shit. "Muh prankster" and whatnot.
>>
>>28602218
The only saving grace for me was the fact that I use Mega Diancie, but it still sucks ass because I have to mega first turn if I don't want to risk not having a switch in to Dark Void, and that has its own potential problems.
>>
>>28602251
And what teammate was introduced in gen 6 that helped to patch up Chansey's weaknesses which otherwise would make it a mediocre Pokemon in OU?

>>28602260
I was referring to "bulky Magic Bounce user".
>>
>>28602210
So what? Gothitelle was OU in Gen 5.

Look at how the Goth/Sable decision went.
>>
>>28601679
How the fuck did you guys deal with this guy and Spiritomb before Fairy Type was a thing?
>>
>>28602401
Spiritomb was pretty ridiculous, but Sableye was pretty much Wasted Potential: the Pokemon. It didn't see nearly as much use as it does these days.
>>
>>28602401
spiritomb was a shitmon until it got prankster and a mega
>>
>>28602081
>400 turns

who is this even for
>>
>>28602431
sableye*
>>
>>28602431
>Spiritomb
>Prankster and a mega

Since when?
>>
>>28602424
Spiritomb has alright balk, shit speed, shit health and meh defenses. Sableye was worse.
>>
>>28602401
Sableye could be statused, worn down, and was easily 2HKO'd by most special attackers.

Spiritomb was/is setup fodder.

>>28602376
I don't think we're on the same page.

I said that in Stall, Mega Sableye is the problem [that makes Stall so annoying to play against]
Other anon replies that Chansey is the real problem, to which I point out that Chansey was not a problem until it got a useful teammate [Mega Sableye]. Without that teammate, Chansey isn't as annoying.

Gothitelle/Shadow Tag as a whole didn't need Mega Sableye to be annoying:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-39893
>>
>>28602322
The team mates with Defog and less reliance on weather like sand, meaning leftover's isn't as necessary for mitigating passive damage. Defensive Megas like Venusaur broke the then pervasive idea that your defensive mons required leftovers. Also you are gay
>>
>>28602502
Dark/Ghost might be the best typing around in terms of dualtyping, and Spiritomb filled a niche. It was actually a useful Pokemon and had an okay movepool while Sableye was found late in the game and was pretty much complete shit. Nothing remarkable about it besides its typing.
>>
I would just ban it. I've said it before, but Sableye is dumb. Hazards are very important for punishing switches, and make playing vs something defensive more interactive than just who has matchup. Sableye creates "no hazards allowed" teams, and so you absolutely need not just breakers and general pressure, but specifically a breaker they're weak to in order to win. Sableye is present on literally every defensive core that causes this, so it is definitely the problem, rather than any other pokemon or mechanic.
>>
>>28602689
You seem to be missing the point that Gothitelle had Shadow Tag in Gen 5 and wasn't banned.

It doesn't take partnering up to see that something is broken. Sometimes it is the support offered that pushes a Pokemon to be broken, yes. But that isn't the case with Chansey, nor was it with Gothitelle.

For another example, Landorus-I. It was OU in Gen 6, and it was something I pushed and was vocal about banning too. It wasn't until the Aegislash re-suspect test that people recognized that it should be suspected and subsequently banned because of how good it was.
>>
Well in Sableye respect, he punishes defensive SR users.

Offensive SR users take a shit on him, I'm just going to say, if Mega Sableye is forced out at 60% hp it will be very very likely he will be dead weight for a match if you can pressure out either Quaggy or Chansey.

Im not going to say he is completely balanced, but he really takes a shit on people that play too passive or people who aren't creative with hazards.

Also Wallbreakers are a wonderful thing vs stall, Sableye hates them.
>>
Stall would be ten quadrillion times easier to beat if you just remove Chansey and Blissey.
>>
>>28602875
Well yeah Sab was what made goth a problem too. Consider this: Stall, so by extension, Chansey, wasn't considered a problem in XY. The only major addition stall has had since the start of ORAS is Sableye. Therefore, it could be seen that the problem is an interaction between Sab and Chansey, but not solely Chansey itself.

However, there are teams such as Sab/Zap/Skarm/Suicune/Clefable/Dugtrio that pose the same problems to the meta that the generic stall teams did, and are stupid in the same way, but do not contain Chansey. Therefore the problem could not possibly be Chansey, and must be Sableye.

Don't kid yourself, it's Sableye that is the problem. Don't be one of those people who blame literally everything except Sab for the problems it so obviously causes.
>>
>>28601679
>after three-and-a-half generations of it being dead
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>28603043
Have you ever ran gothitrap in old BP or on hazard offense, she was even more cancerous than in stall, I mean getting your wallbreaker crippled was bad, but getting your best response BP or volturned into a gothithelle without any real chance of you outpredicting was bullshit on a whole new level.
>>
File: 1439060957319.jpg (141KB, 668x717px) Image search: [Google]
1439060957319.jpg
141KB, 668x717px
>ultimate stall breaker in Hoopa
>BANNED
>ultimate stall mon in Sableye-Mega
>dont ban it muh easy point stall, top ladder here i come

fuck man, it's satisfying to beat you guys but come the fuck on
>>
>>28603043
>Consider this: Stall, so by extension, Chansey, wasn't considered a problem in XY.

I don't see why you would say this. It /was/ a problem. Players adapted stall around Mega Slowbro or Mega Venusaur and had Tentacruel, Skarmory, or Mandibuzz as a hazard cleaner. Bloody's Mega Venu semi-stall team is a Skarm-Chan team he's run since XY and can always top the ladder with, not even exaggerating. If anything, Mega Sableye streamlined the process of setting up Spikes since there was less need to Defog. So I strongly disagree with how you throw that statement out there. Stall would always find a backbone, but Chansey has been the one consistent element.

>Sab/Zap/Skarm/Suicune/Clefable/Dugtrio
I really disagree that this is a problem. The team has many weak points in big special attackers, like how Mega Garde, Mega Char Y, Gengar, and Mega Manectric can have their way with it. If the Skarm is SpDef for Garde, that just makes it easier for physical attackers to brute-force their way through.

Obvious is a dangerous word.
>>
>>28603191
Hoopa shat on both Stall and Balance, dude, it was only mediocre vs more offensive teams
Hoopa completely negated Stall as a playstyle, that's not fair to Stall players
It's frustrating but not unbeatable.
>>
>>28602401
Spiritomb has no recovery and Sableye was NU up until BW when it got Prankster, even then it was easily beaten by any Fire type or SpAttacker in existence.

But if your team could handle those two problems for Sableye, then nothing could stop it, it was the bane of any (non-fire)physical attacker.
>>
>>28603191
>M-Mawile causes trouble for Stall teams due to its power
>BANNED
Why do Smogonites love Stall so much, when it's literally the most boring playstyle?
>>
>>28603233
stall shits on all playtypes
it being mediocre against offense is what should have saved it against the ban but the votes are run by those who make it to the ELO quota and guess what playstyle does that the most consistently?
>>
>>28603270
Most people that complained about Mega Mawile where Balance without mega Maw and HO for having no immediate answers after it subed.

Stall wasn't a loud crowd in that one.
>>
>>28603270
Mawile is understandable, great typing, good ability and priority made it an absolute threat everywhere, subpunch set especially
>>
>>28603289
>Stall shits on all playtypes
https://youtu.be/q_lQQ7J-i90?t=979
There isn't actually a M-Sableye being used but it does show that Stall does NOT shit on every playstyle.

Hoopa-U and Mega Mawile did not shit on Stall, they completely INVALIDATED Stall. It's not like Mega Gardevoir or Kyurem-Black or Manaphy who THREATEN Stall are being suspected at all. It's a playstyle that deserves to exist.

And dude, there isn't a conspiracy to keep Stall at the top. Lots of players use stall to get past the early ladder because it is hard to break by inexperienced players so they can quickly move to the higher ranks. It's not like everyone who voted Ban was a hardcore Stall player. People who DO abuse something and see that it's abusable will vote for it to go. People abused Garchomp in gen IV and they still voted for it to be banned. Same thing with Genesect, Aegislash, Greninja, Landorus-I, Deoxys.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.