[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things Your Least Favorite Gen Did Better Than Your Favorite Gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: Bagworm Pokemon.png (208KB, 908x438px) Image search: [Google]
Bagworm Pokemon.png
208KB, 908x438px
Alright. We all have a favorite gen and a least favorite gen. But here we find something that our least favorite gen genuinely did better then our favorites and discuss our thoughts on the matter

I'll start:

>Favorite: Gen 2
>Least Favorite: Gen 4

I gotta admit, although i fucking adore Johto, and like Pineco and Forretress as Pokemon they are pretty terrible examples of bagworms. Gen 4 admittedly did a much better take on bagworms. Your turn.
>>
>>28601164
>pineco = bagworm
Simply no
>>
>>28601164
>Favorite: 4
>Least Favorite: 1
Better Pokemon designs overall and better atmosphere
>>
Forretress is not terrible in any way.
>>
>>28601230
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pineco_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
>>
>>28601251
What do you like more about gen 4 then? Characters or story? Something else?

>>28601261
Oh I know. I like Forretress. He just is a really bad representation of a bagworm is all.
>>
>>28601164
Least favorite: 1
Favorite:7 (already)
It's why Pokémon exists today
>>
>>28601230
>Bagworm Pokémon
OP has tremendously shit taste but it literally is the bagworm pokemon
>>
>>28601311
The core gameplay overall. Platinum's the closest we got to challenging in a vanilla game not counting horribly implemented difficulty modes along with the best meta in the series, along with having overall better level up movepools so chunks of mons weren't horrid to use ingame like in gens 1-3.

Also I kinda like Sinnoh's leaders, they were nice.
>>
>>28601164
>Favorite: 5
>Least Favorite: 6
online and breeding

>>28601311
she's a grenade, not a bagworm
>>
>>28601382
>she
>>
>>28601382
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Forretress_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

>>28601378
Yeah. I can respect that. The Pokedex killed gen 4 for me but I was actually a big fan of the leaders.
>>
>>28601426
>bulbapedo
yeah no thanks, i'm not falling for it
>>
>>28601426
My favorite is ironically from Gen 4 but most of the mons feel forgettable to me aside from the starters and cross-gen evos.
>>
>>28601164
>Favourite: gen 5
>Least favourite: gen 6
Battles in gen 6 are way faster, which I appreciate.
>>
Favorite gen: 5
Least favorite: 1
At least it created Mewtwo
>>
>>28601251
>Better Pokemon designs overall and better atmosphere
>better atmosphere
But gen 4 had the best atmosphere of the entire series
>>
>>28601620
OP here. Personally atmosphere is one of the main things that made me love Johto so much. People don't praise Johto for it's atmosphere as much as I think they should. Ruins Of Alph??? That shit almost gave me goosebumps when my child-self went there. And Mt. Silver felt like such a big deal to me. And so many characters and towns felt like they had so much history, you know? That being said Gen 4 might be second place for best atmosphere in my book. Dat Valley Windworks tho. So good.
>>
>>28601620
Gen 1 and 2 just felt more real to me

Not everyone was some nice guy other than the evil team. You had your nasty people and you had your nice people. Also Kanto and Johto have the least linear games in the series which I really appreciate.
>>
>>28601164
Favorite: 4
Least Favorite: 6

Uh... the graphics :^)
>>
>>28601858
Gen 1 and 2 had the best rivals too, which helps drive the atmosphere pretty heavily since they're so prevalent.
>>
>Favorite: 2
>Least Favorite: 5

I liked the gen 5 mons more. Gen 2 had some of my favorites, but it also had the largest amount of forgettable mons.
>>
>>28601893
>2
>Good rival
As much as I like Gen 2 I fucking hated Silver. Blue is a much better example of an asshole rival
>>
>>28601481
Plus if Forretress was supposed to represent a grenade it fucks that up even worse.
>>
Favorite gen: 1
Least favorite: 5

DON'T ASSUME
>>
>>28601934
Silver is my favorite Rival out of all Gens. He's one of the only rivals you ever see any real character development from (him and Wally), the way he becomes a part of your story is a nice change of pace and very unique. The subtle implications that he is Giovanni's son is awesome as fuck. Who's your favorite rival and why?
>>
>>28601164
Forretress is GOAT.

I wish it were as good as Ferrothorn.
>>
Favorite: 3
Least favorite: 2

While I really don't like how the time mechanic limits when you can catch certain pokemon, I have to admit it's stupid how Gen 3 keeps track of time but never actually changes to night in game.
>>
>>28601164
>Least fav: Gen 6
>fav: Gen 4/5

Better GTS and trading.
>>
>>28601836
I mean, HGSS counts as Gen 4 too. And I loved that Johto because it felt "this is what I grew up with fully realised."

Snow on Mt Silver or 3D Ruins of Alph made those games for me
>>
>>28601164
Fav is gen 2, least fav is gen 4.

They added third stage evolutions to mons instead of just baby ones.
>>
>>28602142
Yeah that disappointed the shit out of me. To this day I still don't know why the didn't do that. I personally loved having to find pokemon during specific times, but if you can't tell I kind of blow my load for all things gen 2.

>>28602188
Fair enough, but although the remakes heavily enhanced the series for me the atmosphere was set back in the originals and just visually improved upon in the remakes.
>>
>favorite
3 or 5
>least favorite 1

Atmosphere in general. It's easy to see why gen 1 is so loved by people who played them as kids back in the 90's, no other games in the franchise are as good as creating a world so varied in emotion. It retains the innocent and carefree feel of exploring a foreign region while also throwing in darker subplots like in Lavender town, the old school Gameboy soundtrack added to the creepiness that newer games could never replicate, Lavender Town sounds far more haunting in the originals than the remakes which is huge in building up atmosphere. Team Rocket felt more villainous than any other rival teams simply because of how straight they were played, there was no vague master plan or endgame for them, just organized bouts of crime for their own personal gain and amusement. Legendaries felt more mythical because of the lack of concrete lore, bits and pieces could be find, but when you played the games without the anime skewing your view on them, the five legendary Pokemon felt all the more powerful due to hoe shrouded in mystery they were. Lots of the mechanics are outdated and the lack of content compared to all later games in the franchise hurt it but that sense of adventure you get from playing it can't be beat.
>>
>>28601164
>Favourite: Gen 5
>Least Favourite: Gen 6
Berry farming XY>Dreamworld Berry Farming

I mean why not just have the berry farming in the in game world? Especially since I can't even use fucking Dreamworld anymore. Although the concept of expanding your farm like in Dreamworld could make XY's concept on berry farming even better.
>>
File: 1469232471538.png (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469232471538.png
117KB, 1280x720px
>>28601230
>doesn't know their Pokemon and the basics about them
Casuals
>>
Unova is my least favorite, but when I go back to replay HG I miss a bunch of features.

Especially being able to press X to back out of 2 menus at once.
>>
>>28603755
Yeah I know what you mean. A lot of people whine that they don't get a lot of answers from information in the Pokemon world but I've personally always preferred a world that encourages you to investigate it. If something is supposed to be a mystery to the character, it works so much better if they make it a mystery for the player as well.
>>
>Favorite:4
>Least favorite:6

4 just gave some need evolution.
>mamoswine
>weevile
>yanmega

6th just added megas and hid some needed evolutions behind and item
>mawile
>Adino

But 4th gen games are slow as hell
And 6th gen has knock off. So thats good
>>
>>28601164
>Favorite: Gen 3
>Least Favorite: Gen 2
I like Tyranitar more than Salamence and Metagross, so Gen 2 had a better pseudo overall.
>>
>>28601164
I've actually wondered: why did they make Pineco and Forretress bagworms? And why did they proceed to make a better example of bagworms in gen 4?
>>
>>28601378
>Platinum's the closest we got to challenging in a vanilla game not counting horribly implemented difficulty modes along with the best meta in the series
This is fact and everybody should accept it.
>>
>favorite: gen 4
>least favorite: gen 5

Gen 5 battles went by faster, which is good. Too bad the rest of the game goes by slow anyways thanks to the insane amount of npc text.
>>
>>28605269
I'm guessing they were trying to be clever with making a Pokemon that disguised itself as a pine cone and thought that the closest real life equivalent was probably a bagworm. Forretress is probably based on the same thing but using a nut instead.
>>
File: tumblr_lsev07j3x71qbydj6o1_500.png (93KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lsev07j3x71qbydj6o1_500.png
93KB, 500x343px
My favorite gen is 5 and my least favorite is gen 2. My favorite mon of all time is Furret; naturally, Furret is way, way better than Watchog.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.