[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are 3d models so static and boring?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11

File: Typhlosion.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Typhlosion.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
Why are 3d models so static and boring?
>>
Leaves nothing to the imagination
>>
>>28599098
>why is this still image of a 3d model so static and boring?
>>
>>28599098
>3D models
>static

kys
>>
Currently playing through Dragon Quest VII and man, does it make the models in the Pokemon games look dull and boring..
>>
Do what I do.

Blame Masuda.
>>
Because there are 700+ Pokemon that need to be animated under 3DS hardware restrictions
>>
>>28599098
Same reason your so static and boring.
>>
File: hitmonlee.png (1KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
hitmonlee.png
1KB, 64x64px
>>28599098
I've always felt like boring 3D models are a "necessar evil". On one hand you can't keep the pokemon games 2D forever when clearly there's the technology to make the 3D, this is not Megaman 10. The downside is that when doing idle animation the pokemon can't keep cool poses when not attacking, it would look terribly off. Take Hitmonlee's sprite in emerald vs the current model. The emerald one is much cooler and it works the pokemon battle is still highly stylized. The current mdel is more boring, but a Hitmonlee constatly floating through the air while the camera pans over him would look ridiculous. Hitmonlee's example is the more extreme I can think of, but the principle is pretty much the same for every pokemon

The colors are still shit though
>>
File: Dragalge.gif (373KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
Dragalge.gif
373KB, 192x192px
>>28599098
You sure? Some of them are pretty lively. Sometimes the idle animations are lacking, but the attack animations are pretty active.
>>
>>28599407
I was refering to the idle animaitions yes

Delphox is a prime example
>>
>>28599301
I think they could have kept a 2D style. I think the BW sprites are great and having 3DS hardware could have made animated sprites even better
>>
>Why are these still images of idle animations so static
>Oh my god Typhlosion is ruined its not like his fire activates during his attack animations or anything

Empoleon's 3D model is pretty bad though. He is supposed to be Black and not Blue like his sprites in Gen 4 and 5, but damn they fucked up his ridges.
>>
File: delphox.gif (257KB, 95x110px) Image search: [Google]
delphox.gif
257KB, 95x110px
>>28599783
Yea, delphox is a design that works much better in 2D.
>>
File: stiff.gif (75KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
stiff.gif
75KB, 300x351px
>>28599986
This is better, but too stiff
>>
File: puppers.gif (2MB, 913x530px)
puppers.gif
2MB, 913x530px
>Static
>Boring
>>
>>28600025
>Surfing on air
>Head turned to the side for no reason
>Fur blowing in the wind
No, it's shit
>>
File: ludicolo.gif (244KB, 110x90px) Image search: [Google]
ludicolo.gif
244KB, 110x90px
>>28599783
I agree, a lot of idle animations, especially Delphox's, are pretty boring, but others they got spot on and look pretty lively.
>>
>>28600114
The other one was standing on air
The whole thing is turned to the side
The original is just standing there, breathing

I know it's not perfect, I said so
>>
>>28599098
because you're a faggot with shit taste
>>
>>28599098
the textures aren't detailed enough, i think that's what it is
at least for a still image
>>
File: M-AbsolFix.gif (86KB, 98x101px) Image search: [Google]
M-AbsolFix.gif
86KB, 98x101px
Don't see you trying to 'fix' them OP.
>>
>>28600520
This looks like it's ass is about to be pounded.
>>
>>28600548
I wouldn't know.
>>
>>28600520
>Turing the elegant Absol into an edgelord
>>
File: toxicroak-f.gif (49KB, 92x81px) Image search: [Google]
toxicroak-f.gif
49KB, 92x81px
>>28599301
As if the only way to make them lively and dynamic is to do something extreme like that Hitmonlee pose.
Something like pic related is more than enough.
Models like Skarmory's and Smeargle's are the real problem, they're completely static and don't even look like they're fighting.
Gliding poses are terrible in general.
>>
>>28599783

Some Pokemon got more attention than others.
>>
>>28600782
>implying Absol wasn't already an Edgelord
>>
There should be different idle animations for each nature.
>>
>>28599098
Because 3D on handhelds was mistake.
>>
>>28600782
It's not any edgier than the normal form. If anything its more elegant.
>>
>>28600105
he gon get that lillipussy
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.