[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any hot tips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

Any tips for a guy playing Pokemon Yellow? I'm going in somewhat blind
>>
>>28598489
Pick Charmander
>>
>>28598489
I'm confused. Blind to the entire series? Or just that game/gen? Because honestly I wouldn't start the series on yellow. It's the worst game. Start with Platinum or BW2.
>>
>>28598565
Blind to yellow. I'm super familiar with everything else
>>
>>28598587
It's very similar to Red and Blue
>>
When you get to Cerulean City the house by the pokemon center has a girl who give you Bulbasaur and above Nugget Bridge a guy will give you Charmander.Squirtle is by the SS Anne in Vermilion.
>>
File: yellow.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
yellow.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
Don't forget to do the Mew glitch.It works in Yellow too.
>>
get a mankey left of viridian for ez brock
>>
File: 1470068601359.png (291KB, 354x306px) Image search: [Google]
1470068601359.png
291KB, 354x306px
>>28598489
Yellow's the best genwun version. Pikachu can't really beat Brock, so you need to capture something that can. It's up to you, if you want to keep using Pika or not. I usually end up using it until I beat the E4, just because it keeps the game challenging and there aren't very many other Electric-types worth using until way later.

Yellow has tougher gym leaders and E4 than Red or Blue.

Gary/Blue's Eevee's evolution is determined by how you fare in the first two battles against him. If you win both, he gets a Jolteon. If you lose the first one and lose/skip the second one, he'll get a Vaporeon. If you win the first battle and skip/lose the second one, he'll get Flareon. I think his Jolteon is most powerful by a long shot, so if you want the most challenge, aim for that.
>>
File: 1465839304715.jpg (73KB, 351x284px) Image search: [Google]
1465839304715.jpg
73KB, 351x284px
>>28600296
Holy shit, Yellow was the version I had when I was a kid and I never even knew this until now. I thought he just always got Jolteon.
>>
>>28598489
Box pikachu and only use one of the starters. Pretend your playing R/B but with slightly better graphics
Actually just play frlg
>>
keep in mind there's no move deleter
use blizzard, it's OP in gen 1 (90% ACC 30% FRZ)
>>
>>28600429
FRLG has more map to explore and some extra lore, but it lacks the charm of the genwun games. Plus, you need a ROM or outdated hardware to play it.

FRLG's worst sin was making MORE Kanto Pokemon version exclusive than the original games.
>>
Get LVL 100 Nidoking and LVL 100 Mew glitch
>>
>>28600511
Yeah, once a Pokemon learns an HM, it's there forever (unless you have a copy of Pokemon Stadium and a Transfer Pack and a physical copy of Yellow...).
>>
>>28598565
Why would anyone start with those? The fuck, those are good because of how people are tired of the main games right now and yearn for a post game with shit to do.

They don't quite stand up on thier own merits, specially BW2, where new people will probably get turned off by being told about how awesome other people he knows nothing about are constantly.
>>
get a butterfree to defeat brock
>>
>>28598489
Catch a Mankey or a Butterfree to take out Brock, it's almost impossible with Pikachu unless you want to powerlevel it to 20 to teach it Slam.
>>
>>28598489
watch the time and do everything he does; if brock and misty won't join after you beat them just soft reset. they join you if pikachu has a high friendship.
>>
>>28600993
*anime
>>
Do the trade of Cubone for Machoke so you can use a Machamp with boosted exp.
>>
>>28599741
And when you get to the girl with Bulbasaur, if she doesn't give it to you right away then just use a Potion on your Pikachu a bunch of times. This works even if it's at full health.
>>
File: 1463481756624.png (150KB, 291x335px) Image search: [Google]
1463481756624.png
150KB, 291x335px
>>28598565
>yellow
>the worst game
>>
File: sad-pika.jpg (65KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
sad-pika.jpg
65KB, 1152x648px
>>28600296
>dropping pikachu from your team
>literally the best bro in all of Pokemon who follows the trainer everywhere
Pika~
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.